Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spa-Francorchamps: Race

Quote Originally Posted by wappad View Post
    Arrivabene: "This is a fantastic team. Sometimes we still makes mistakes, but we are human, not robots"

To mwk360:

Great it's you to post this quote

Let's keep this in mind for the remainder of the season

im just glad ferrari won, finally got some redemption
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

https://sport.sky.it/formula1/2018/0...-mercedes.html

Here's an analyses on the rear wings of mercedes, apparently it swings and bounces much more than allowed in corners giving it better balance underload, its not supposed to move more than 5mm'. whether fia does something about it(minimum check it out and explain if its flexing why they are allowing it) or sit on its thumbs and give mercedes more secret tests for next year, time will tell
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

saw some different analysis/discussions earlier on the Ferrari vs Mercedes spec 3 engines and apparently both made a good step, with mercedes making a slightly bigger step from their step 2. They are about even in top speed and power but where ferrari is gaining most of its advantage is accelerating out of corners onto the straights, that initial push is where its slightly quicker and could explain why ferrari have better starts now. fuel usage still looks slightly better for ferrari with its new shell upgrade formula but the SC made it hard to compare. Ferrari had less wing and yet mercedes owned the top speeds. customer team F.I best of the rest as opposed to Haas

Vettel explained in the first stint it was pretty even and he pushed as hard as he could the laps before he pit, hamilton managed to close down a bit even though they both were pushing. A lightning fast pitstop even surprised him and was able to easily manage the car till the end just as hamilton managed to the end without trying to mount another charge

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post

Honestly. I've never seen a faster car in my life than the SF71H today.
    Technically, this is the fastest ever F1 car produced as the 2018 cars are breaking most track records. (faster then the Ferrari 2000-2005, Brawn, RB, Merc 2014-16 era)

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Technically, this is the fastest ever F1 car produced as the 2018 cars are breaking most track records. (faster then the Ferrari 2000-2005, Brawn, RB, Merc 2014-16 era)
    True....but then again todays current F1 cars have: 1) DRS-- huge help which give the cars a 10 to 12 mph advantage 2) slick, stickier and wider tire compounds--another big advantage 3) wider chassis and floor aided with all the aero tid-bits -- another big advantage.

Some tracks still have 2004 records.

During quali, the cars have DRS open on most of the track when setting times.

The bias continues. .. good job fia . Can someone tell me why the h**ck the double standard ? Why does the hulk take a 10 place grid penalty for the next race when effing bottas took only 5 seconds for doing the sāme exact mistake ? (He missjuged his braking and hit sirotkin from the back)...

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    The bias continues. .. good job fia . Can someone tell me why the h**ck the double standard ? Why does the hulk take a 10 place grid penalty for the next race when effing bottas took only 5 seconds for doing the sāme exact mistake ? (He missjuged his braking and hit sirotkin from the back)...
    It's the Mercedes rule.......just give a lighter penalty than the rest.

I think Merc showed a better top speed today because both Rapper Boi and the Potato had opportunities to open their DRS. I don't think Seb ever did. Maybe when passing a lapped car but then I am sure he had the engine turned down.

If Kimi stayed unmolested through the first lap, we would have seen the real top speed of the car as he made his way up to 3rd.

* Great to see Vettel win
    * Gutted for Kimi. Missed opportunity to further close the gap.
    * Today changed my opinion on the halo
    * Ferrari should be strong in Monza

Disappointed Since 2010

Standings so far:

WDC

1 Lewis Hamilton.... 231
    2 Sebastian Vettel....214
    3 Kimi Raikkonen.....146
    4 Valterri Bottas.......144

WCC

1 Mercedes 375
    2 Ferrari 360
    3 RedBull 238
    9 Racing Point Force India 18
    10 Willams 4

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    If Kimi stayed unmolested through the first lap, we would have seen the real top speed of the car as he made his way up to 3rd.
    Why not even 1st? "Let Seb Pass!" Oh well it was cool seeing Sebs #1 finger rasied for a Ferrari win! What is a 20 yr. old crash king doing om the podium again? Ferrari needs Max>. In a real car maybe he can stop 100 poles for Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    saw some different analysis/discussions earlier on the Ferrari vs Mercedes spec 3 engines and apparently both made a good step, with mercedes making a slightly bigger step from their step 2. They are about even in top speed and power but where ferrari is gaining most of its advantage is accelerating out of corners onto the straights, that initial push is where its slightly quicker and could explain why ferrari have better starts now. fuel usage still looks slightly better for ferrari with its new shell upgrade formula but the SC made it hard to compare. Ferrari had less wing and yet mercedes owned the top speeds. customer team F.I best of the rest as opposed to Haas

Vettel explained in the first stint it was pretty even and he pushed as hard as he could the laps before he pit, hamilton managed to close down a bit even though they both were pushing. A lightning fast pitstop even surprised him and was able to easily manage the car till the end just as hamilton managed to the end without trying to mount another charge
    Top speed are triggered due to the tow effect on this track and add DRS to that it makes huge.
    1) except lap 1, you didn’t see ferrari-vet getting tow from Lewis. Where Ocon as double slip stream from vet & ham.
    2) ham overtake on Max was in slipstream
    3) bottas was passing everyone in slip stream all the day
    4) No kimi in the race
    5) haas cars never looked threaten to other cars, nor in DRS range to any other car.
    6) Leclerc out of the race
    7) only Ericsson had a move on gasley.

To conclude, 2 ferrari powered cars out of the race in lap 1, 1 car leading the race & 2 cars not even threatening other cars ahead of them (not in drs range). So you don’t get anything from those figures.
    Bottas, FI, Ham, Williams had done some passes down the straight.

They probably got more updates for aero/chassis planned for monza, they said they working on improving slow speed corners too
    Do u think Ferrari will be sitting ducks n keep calm???
    Ferrari too will bring some updates, as it is home race for them. They will do everything to beat that mercs-2chainned rapper boy.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    We need to sort our wet setup, Monza could be rainy again
    I think vettel would have taken pole in quali. Unless that chaos happened & battery issue.
    He was right there in S1.. lost in S2&S3. Because he the was last driver to do a lap on that drying track.

Weather predicted for Monza till date it’s warm. No rain predicted on the rador.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I think vettel would have taken pole in quali. Unless that chaos happened & battery issue.
    He was right there in S1.. lost in S2&S3. Because he the was last driver to do a lap on that drying track.

Weather predicted for Monza till date it’s warm. No rain predicted on the rador.
    Rain is predicted for Friday and Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Top speed are triggered due to the tow effect on this track and add DRS to that it makes huge.
    1) except lap 1, you didn’t see ferrari-vet getting tow from Lewis. Where Ocon as double slip stream from vet & ham.
    2) ham overtake on Max was in slipstream
    3) bottas was passing everyone in slip stream all the day
    4) No kimi in the race
    5) haas cars never looked threaten to other cars, nor in DRS range to any other car.
    6) Leclerc out of the race
    7) only Ericsson had a move on gasley.

To conclude, 2 ferrari powered cars out of the race in lap 1, 1 car leading the race & 2 cars not even threatening other cars ahead of them (not in drs range). So you don’t get anything from those figures.
    Bottas, FI, Ham, Williams had done some passes down the straight.
    look maybe you right,i was just saying what others have analysed and summarized it. even wolf said the advantage is very small as its only certain parts of the tracks and slow sections. i dont think we have the same advantage like how it was in germany and silverstone anymore.

Toto Wolff said to AMuS: "In the GPS data, you can see that Ferrari has a small power advantage in certain parts of the track. Added to that was our weakness in slow corners."

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Rain is predicted for Friday and Saturday.
    Nooooooooooooooooo!! you serious? it said dry last time i saw. damnit

Nooooooooooooooooo!! you serious? it said dry last time i saw. damnit
    123.PNG

it would ne nice to have FP1 wet and FP2 dry, so we can prepare for any weather

look maybe you right,i was just saying what others have analysed and summarized it. even wolf said the advantage is very small as its only certain parts of the tracks and slow sections. i dont think we have the same advantage like how it was in germany and silverstone anymore.
    He has to say that to keep his job but why care what he says (He is among the few who said they were set up for the heat in China lol). The Ferrari engine is superb on traction out of corners and is a monster when things are all turned up for Q3. Thats an advantage thats will be hard for Mercs to cancel out this season.

C'mon Ferrari!

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    Friday - overnight shower
    Saturday - morning thunderstorm

None of those are at quali & race timings.

yes, fingers crossed it will be a dry quali. I am fed up of the amount of luck LH gets. We need our guys up front even though we have the power and aero advantage to overtake. A 1st corner late braking cowboy (like Verstappen) could ruin our race if they're not far ahead + Bottas will be doing his Wingman duty like a good puppy forcing other cars wide.

Is it possible we can get Kimi to go on the simulator and just practice his starts over and over, maybe even add some cars in there so he can learn to pass them at the start?

Please....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Is it possible we can get Kimi to go on the simulator and just practice his starts over and over, maybe even add some cars in there so he can learn to pass them at the start?

Please....
    is he that bad? I believe he was unlucky in Quali and again at the start getting caught up in between the kamikazee. If he had managed to come out of it undamaged I am pretty sure he would have been in front of Max and giving Lewis a run for his money yesterday.

Wow hamilton is despicable! such a bad loser. No tricks 'ere "mate" you got beaten fair and square. I anticipate that Mercedes will be running off crying to the FIA again asking them to inspect our car AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post

Please....

I think Vettel and Kimi are running 2 different steering wheels with regards to the lever behind the steering wheel for the clutch-bite-point. Kimi tried "Vettels" steering wheel and opted to go back to the original....guess he did'nt like Vettels set up.

It works for Vettel but not for Kimi. Kimi, at times, makes some good starts.

How will Vettel manage the weekend with just a single set of softs?

"Always move forward, take it one step at a time, eventually you'll reach your goal and if you happen to fall on face your still moving..."

https://www.facebook.com/Formula1/vi...20051439/?t=52

I just love re-watching Seb overtaking Lewis :)