Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spa-Francorchamps: Race

I don't see how Mercedes can touch is at Monza.

They might in qualifying, because as Toto and Rat Boy pointed out, there aren't as many slow corner. Although, there are 2 chicanes. But if they run lower downforce, and in combination with the warmer weather, the tyre wear they will experience will be far too high to compete with Ferrari during the race.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    Chill out, mate. Though I agree with you, this overall attitude you wrote about against us will make it even more sweeter when we shut them all up at the end of the season by winning it all. Then they can complain about tricks and write how we cheated the Cs but noone will care.
    I am chilled, just getting really tired of it that’s all. I really hope both the WCC and the WDC are ours come the end of the season.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post

They might in qualifying, because as Toto and Rat Boy pointed out, there aren't as many slow corner. Although, there are 2 chicanes. But if they run lower downforce, and in combination with the warmer weather, the tyre wear they will experience will be far too high to compete with Ferrari during the race.
    Please dont jinx it. Every race im so nervous that some circumstance happens

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    I am chilled, just getting really tired of it that’s all. I really hope both the WCC and the WDC are ours come the end of the season.
    I can't stand the idea of Rapper boy getting to 5 WDCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post

Mercs will be right there with us in quali. It’s gonna be very tight between ferrari & mercs in Monza.
    It will come down to the driver who will get the best out of the car. Hope kimi continues his performance, that’s crucial at Monza. So that we can carry momentum to Singapore where mercs tends to struggle. A win in Monza & Singapore will be great for vettel. But it will also come down to where ham qualifies at those venues.
    Mercs will come hard at us in Monza...!!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Mercs will be right there with us in quali. It’s gonna be very tight between ferrari & mercs in Monza.
    It will come down to the driver who will get the best out of the car. Hope kimi continues his performance, that’s crucial at Monza. So that we can carry momentum to Singapore where mercs tends to struggle. A win in Monza & Singapore will be great for vettel. But it will also come down to where ham qualifies at those venues.
    Mercs will come hard at us in Monza...!!
    I agree. Because tyre wear won't be an issue in Quali. However, in the race the Ferrari should be mighty.

However, it would be great to lock out the front row. We need Lewis to start from further back on the grid so he can get ran into for a change.

Mercedes made a massive engine step with their Spec 3, Ferrari was clearly better with Spec 2, now Mercedes is right there; Ferrari made a very small step relatively. Even in Germany, Ferrari was already 2-3 tenths faster than Mercedes in qualifying but in Spa where their advantage should have been bigger was wiped out, had it been a dry qualifying, Hamilton would still be on pole but Vettel might have ended up behind Kimi so rain helped Ferrari.

Let's see what can Ferrari can do this weekend but I ain't optimistic, I can see Mercedes 1-2 in qualifying by 3-4 tenths and Hamilton running away to another win protected by his wingman. Singapore in theory should be a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Mercedes made a massive engine step with their Spec 3, Ferrari was clearly better with Spec 2, now Mercedes is right there; Ferrari made a very small step relatively. Even in Germany, Ferrari was already 2-3 tenths faster than Mercedes in qualifying but in Spa where their advantage should have been bigger was wiped out, had it been a dry qualifying, Hamilton would still be on pole but Vettel might have ended up behind Kimi so rain helped Ferrari.

Let's see what can Ferrari can do this weekend but I ain't optimistic, I can see Mercedes 1-2 in qualifying by 3-4 tenths and Hamilton running away to another win protected by his wingman. Singapore in theory should be a bit better.
    So according to you merc had the fastest car in quali in the dry, but not the fastest car in the race ?

hahahahaha
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    hahahahaha
    my same thoughts lol.... In the dry Ferrari dominated all FP. If it was a dry quali Ferrari would have been 1-2. Even Kimi was flying!

meh....nvm....

Chimney - you do realise it's the 2018 season and not 2017 don't you?
    Murray - "...and there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!"

James - "Well, that should put them out then"

Are you for real???
    Red is the only color!!!

https://youtu.be/vVa9ZfvGQzo
    I love Kimi but this video is pretty accurate. lol

Q: Does halo have an impact on your vision when driving through Eau Rouge?

Kimi: No, unless you start birdwatching

Lol
    Red is the only color!!!

I think each of the last 5 years, the winner of the Italian GP has gone on to take the title.
    Come on Seb

You all can think whatever you want but truth doesn't need feet to stand and the truth is Ferrari is not favorite going into Italian GP.

2018 Spa-Francorchamps: Race

Yes Ferrari is not fastest, it’s all Sebastian isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I think each of the last 5 years, the winner of the Italian GP has gone on to take the title.
    Come on Seb
    I hope Seb wins this weekend. After all he won his first race exactly 10 years ago in Monza.

Vettel could be on for a hat-trick (Spa, Monza, singapore).

You all can think whatever you want but truth doesn't need feet to stand and the truth is Ferrari is not favorite going into Italian GP.
    We shall find out...
    Red is the only color!!!

hahahahaha like the time it would be a miracle if we got close to your beloved Mercs at Silverstone yeah.....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    hahahahaha like the time it would be a miracle if we got close to your beloved Mercs at Silverstone yeah.....
    Yeah Ferrari was able to get mighty close to Mercedes in Silverstone but there also, Mercedes was the fastest car in qualifying and in race.

Yeah Ferrari was able to get mighty close to Mercedes in Silverstone but there also, Mercedes was the fastest car in qualifying and in race.
    The only thing slightly in favour to your argument was the top speed registered in SPA.

Vettel was 320Kph (at the front) whereas Bottas topped it at 345Kph (at the speed trap + with slipstreams)

It is a tad worrying but then again how do you explain Vettel winning if Lewis had a much quicker car?....

Speed.JPG

Speed 2.JPG

Monza will be a difficult race and will be very tight between Ferrari and Mercedes. But I give priority to the Mercedes in this race. I do not know why, but I have such a feeling. And I hope I'm wrong. It would be a dream that the Ferrari wins in Italy.

The spa was close and so it will be at Monza. There was only 0.05 sec between Vettel, Kimi and Lewis at the end of Q2. This is as close as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    The spa was close and so it will be at Monza. There was only 0.05 sec between Vettel, Kimi and Lewis at the end of Q2. This is as close as it gets.
    Comparing Spa with Monza is like saying if you perform well in Monaco, you will perform well in Singapore too. 2 different tracks, vastly different characteristics. Just look at the past 3 years and compare Spa with Monza and Monaco with Singapore and you will know why it's a terrible idea to predict Monza by looking at Spa.

It would be lovely though if we can beat them. Seb needs to keep getting those 7 extra points. Of course a Ferrari 1, 2 would be better still & not impossible the way Kimi is driving right now.

Forza Jules

Who is this chinman guy? He keeps sayin he’s a Ferrari fan, but keeps saying Merc was better in Spa, despite ferrari wiping the floor with Merc
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Please chinmay, get a life will ya, wake up and smell the coffee....ferrari as for the past gp,s is/was the team to beat....Merc just got lucky with wet quali in Hungary and a mistake from Seb in Germany, otherwise rapper boy would have been way behind in points compared to Seb
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Vettel could be on for a hat-trick (Spa, Monza, singapore).
    Don’t you jinx it now...

Oh wait, but we won that race, did we not?