Page 1 of 20 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spa-Francorchamps: Race

2018 Spa-Francorchamps: Race

Weather looks good...nice and cool. Track temp should make the tires last longer.

Sainz and Vandoorne get moved back to the grid....

updated component allocation allotment

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlhRux4X0AAOMhG.jpg

updated started grid after Sainz and Vandoorne

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlhWgnlW4AEgMHo.jpg

Bottles already made up 3 places

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Bottles already made up 3 places
    you mean the "potato head"......
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Go Seb, Kimi. Forza Ferrari!

The race would have been on lap 6-7 now under the previous years race start of 13:00

Libey making us wait longer

Must win

Alonso should be a politician after he hangs up his helmet.

Today Ferrari is going to win. I'm sure of it. If we don't have mechanical and/or technical issues, no bad strategy calls and if no other driver hits our drivers we will win. In a normal race even with a SC in any conditions. Dry, changing weather or rain from start to finish. Ferrari have the upper hand on engine power.

Why am I making this prediction? Because it's enough of this doom and gloom. If you believe it will happen. And I'm not going to write "told you so" after the race.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    ...If we don't have mechanical and/or technical issues, no bad strategy calls and if no other driver hits our drivers we will win...
    Maybe you should include "and if other drivers/teams are not faster" to the list as well.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Possible realistic scenario - Ferrari 1-2. Vettel 1st and Kimi 2nd. The 24point lead will be down to 14 which is doable as I thnk we have the car to achieve 1-2 depending on how we play the first few laps.

In any other race, Kimi starting 6th would be an issue, however Bottas, Max and RIc all behind so he needs to get up to the front ASAP

Ideal situation, Ferrari 1-2, with Hamiltons spec 3 engine giving up due to rushing the dyno testing.

Possible realistic scenario - Ferrari 1-2. Vettel 1st and Kimi 2nd. The 24point lead will be down to 14 which is doable as I thnk we have the car to achieve 1-2 depending on how we play the first few laps.

In any other race, Kimi starting 6th would be an issue, however Bottas, Max and RIc all behind so he needs to get up to the front ASAP

Ideal situation, Ferrari 1-2, with Hamiltons spec 3 engine giving up due to rushing the dyno testing.
    i like your ideal situation.....hope it happens
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Maybe you should include "and if other drivers/teams are not faster" to the list as well.
    The drivers have room for small mistakes. The car/package will at least level that out. I'm sure of it.

Seb has higher top speed then Lewis, even if we cant get him on lap 1. We need to keep within the 1sec when DRS comes into play.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    The drivers have room for small mistakes. The car/package will at least level that out. I'm sure of it.
    Seb can afford to be patient. Having the faster car is a huge advantage. And he has that.

looks more overcast now, but still expected to he a dry race

Hoping for a win.... and both cars on the podium.

Seb has higher top speed then Lewis, even if we cant get him on lap 1. We need to keep within the 1sec when DRS comes into play.
    Following another car that too fastest car is very difficult this year. We shall see how it unfolds.
    But Vet’s best chance is lap1 only. Other than that we need to have superior race pace to beat ham on strategy.

Hoping for the best result today

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Hoping for the best result today
    Best result for me would be a Ferrari 1-2 and a Lewis dnf. But I don't have the luck Lewis does, so.. not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    Best result for me would be a Ferrari 1-2 and a Lewis dnf. But I don't have the luck Lewis does, so.. not going to happen.
    even if TWO CHAINS don't get teh LUCKY DNF, i'd be happy with a Ferrari 1-2....and then hamster can finish anywhere from 3rd down he wants

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Following another car that too fastest car is very difficult this year. We shall see how it unfolds.
    But Vet’s best chance is lap1 only. Other than that we need to have superior race pace to beat ham on strategy.
    Not much worse than last year and he was awfully close.

I'm afraid of those cars behind.

Random question, do the drivers have to use a clutch/pedal other than on the start?

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Random question, do the drivers have to use a clutch/pedal other than on the start?
    Not for gear changes, nope.

Maurizio Arrivabene: "We have noticed the suspicious flexibility of the Mercedes rear wing. I trust the FIA and I hope that they, who are members of the control, have noticed. In the meantime we are busy managing the many FIA inspections at each GP " #SkyMotori #F1
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Sunny for the time being...

Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    nope, just the start