Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spa-Francorchamps: Race

Great race by Ferrari today.
    Too bad Kimi got caught up in the first lap incident, otherwise he may have been able to challenge Lewis for P2

It is looking good for our PU upgrades, I'd expect a 1-2 in Monza. And if we are able to achieve that, I believe we'll take the WDC lead from Lewis wherever he finishes.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Hulk confirms no issues on his car, he has to go to the stewards at 17.30

Race ban next race. #GrosjeanSpa2012

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    and Bottas too ? He did crash to one Williams I think.
    +1

Did anyone back into Bottas??? (I don't think I remember seeing anyone)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Great race by Ferrari today.
    Too bad Kimi got caught up in the first lap incident, otherwise he may have been able to challenge Lewis for P2

It is looking good for our PU upgrades, I'd expect a 1-2 in Monza. And if we are able to achieve that, I believe we'll take the WDC lead from Lewis wherever he finishes.
    Kimi would've probably won the race had he been fuelled yesterday.

So guys, Seb done what he needed to do - win the race.

Next objective is Ferrari 1-2 at Monza (seb 1, kimi 2), if we can manage that with Hamilton 3rd we would only be 7 points behind in the WDC

Situations like this makes we wonder about 'what if's'
    - If RB's didn't crash in Baku, Vettel would have taken the win
    - Vettel being hit my Max in China
    - Seb dropping it in the rian n Germany
    - If they rain held off for 10 more mins in Hungary

It is what is it, so we still have a very good chance of taking bth titles, just doing it the hard way
    Last edited by mizf1; 26th August 2018 at 15:31.

Great win! Ferrari needed this. 25 points is King. Winning like this after the summer break means everything because it shows the factory has produced the best possible work ever produced at Maranello. Thank you Seb for hanging on to your hat. This is the pinnacle. Enzo would be proud. He couldn't have asked for more. The SF17H is the greatest car ever made by mankind (as of now). This is as far as humanity can go. It will all be slower from now on. No one will ever top this car's speed on this circuit. Fossil fuel at its best. Brings a tear to one's eye. This is it.

For Kimi I will say this. I hope someone reads this. I would offer my little finger, to cut it off with a knife, siccors or an axe (with surgeons close), for Kimi to catch a break. I would offer that if they could saw it back on instantly. I would take the pain for Kimi to have som luck. I would do that, right here and now. I know pain so it's a calculated offer. Damn, I don't remember the last time a driver had THREE DNF:s without being responsible. THREE! Felipe in 2008? Idiot Ricciardo took him out once again.

Yes, we won but Merc outscored us in the WCC by 5 points (25 vs 30 --> 18 plus 12). But in all honesty it would have been worse if Seb would DNF and Kimi would win. Both championships count. Being down 15 points in the WCC and 16 in the WDC is better. Everyone realises this. Bottas was crap today. He should easily have been 3rd with Kimi out. Thank you Max. These 3 points will make a difference in the end.

Back to the win. Last time Ferrari winning like this after the break (some time ago there was no break) meant great things. Seb is now down to having to score 2-3 wins more than Lewis compare do 3-4 prior to the race. Its' doable because we have at least not lost out over the summer.

Una Bella Macchina! The best ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Idiot Ricciardo took him out once again.

It was'nt Ricciardo's fault. He got hit by a flying Mclaren(Alonso) in his rear tail along with the Grosjean slowing up then Kimi braking.....it all happened at the same time.

Ferrari is too fast. James Allison and Lorenzo Sassi should prompt an investigation into Ferrari's PU.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    It was'nt Ricciardo's fault. He got hit by a flying Mclaren(Alonso) in his rear tail along with the Grosjean slowing up then Kimi braking.....it all happened at the same time.
    Ricciardo was hit too but that wasn't the cause of him clipping Kimi's year tire. Kimi could not accelerate as fast as he could due to 2 Hass in front.

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    Ricciardo was hit too but that wasn't the cause of him clipping Kimi's year tire. Kimi could not accelerate as fast as he could due to 2 Hass in front.
    It was 25% percent of the whole incident. Both HAAS (25% each) and Kimi braking (25%) due to the HAAS.......like I said, it was a culmination of issues into T1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    That is your fantasy?
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ricciardo clipped Kimi's right rear. That's a fact. It has happened before. It's not the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Ricciardo clipped Kimi's right rear. That's a fact. It has happened before. It's not the first time.
    Yes it has happened before but you cannot compare that incident with the one that happened today. Todays incident was NOT Ricciardo's fault; he got "pushed" from behind by a flying Mclaren whom clipped his whole rear wing off on the RB14's left side.

LOOOOOOOOOL

"Hearing Lewis moaning about Ferrari, I almost got my violin out."

Horner
    https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc/sta...44755715461120
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    he didnt have any positives to say at all even after their giant upgrades after the break, new engines and Pu units, front wing, rear wing(flexing) and rear tyre rims to manage heating and they still got some blistering
    Thank you.
    Red is the only color!!!

RIC saying he might get a penalty

Breaking

Nico 10 grid drop next race, 3 penalty points

Confirmed on Sky
    Last edited by mizf1; 26th August 2018 at 16:10.

So guys, Seb done what he needed to do - win the race.

Next objective is Ferrari 1-2 at Monza (seb 1, kimi 2), if we can manage that with Hamilton 3rd we would only be 7 points behind in the WDC

Situations like this makes we wonder about 'what if's'
    - If RB's didn't crash in Baku, Vettel would have taken the win
    - Vettel being hit my Max in China
    - Seb dropping it in the rian n Germany
    - If they rain held off for 10 more mins in Hungary

It is what is it, so we still have a very good chance of taking bth titles, just doing it the hard way
    Yeah, it really makes one wander... but that is long gone water under bridge... Move on and win this !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by barzini77 View Post
    Kimi would've probably won the race had he been fuelled yesterday.
    No.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Breaking

Nico 10 grid drop next race, 3 penalty points

Confirmed on Sky
    He deserved it.
    Red is the only color!!!

Bottas given five-second penalty for causing a collision on the opening lap. Finished 8s clear of Perez, so doesn't change the result

nice job fia, being useless as usual
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Does anybody have a link to a video of the mercedes wing flexing under load?

https://streamable.com/nhkrw Vettel start onboard . Very easy pass on Luis.

mika salo and the merc stooges at fia need to go

Bottas 5 sec penalty for hitting the Williams but keeps the same position

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    Does anybody have a link to a video of the mercedes wing flexing under load?
    havent seen any video i just know M.A. mentioned it and it was never brought up by sky or anyone else

havent seen any video i just know M.A. mentioned it and it was never brought up by sky or anyone else
    Hopefully the FIA check it before Monza, any flexing can help them in terms of top speed so if the FIA can close that loophole it will hurt the Mercs

Sadly Kimi's run of 5 consecutive podiums came to an end. Hopefully he'll be on the podium this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    https://streamable.com/nhkrw Vettel start onboard . Very easy pass on Luis.
    Demonstration of power!

Will be good to check flexing of each team's wings.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."