Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920

Thread: 2018 Spa-Francorchamps: Race

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Who is this chinman guy? He keeps sayin he’s a Ferrari fan, but keeps saying Merc was better in Spa, despite ferrari wiping the floor with Merc
    I think for him it hasn't sunk in yet that ferrari is quicker than Merc.... I guess he'll need a couple more races to realise. I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Mercedes made a massive engine step with their Spec 3, Ferrari was clearly better with Spec 2, now Mercedes is right there; Ferrari made a very small step relatively.
    [AMus]

"Sebastian Vettel was 31 times faster than Hamilton in comparable laps. Vice versa, only 7 laps was the Mercedes driver faster. Mercedes also had traction problems (La Source) that resulted into blistering of the rear left tyres already in Lap 16"

"At the end the gap to Lewis was 11s. The Mercedes engineers believe if Lewis was pushing until the end, the gap would have been at 4s. Probably a bit optimistic, because Vettel also slowed down."

after safety car, both obviously pushed, after 2 laps gap was bit over 2 seconds, same as it was Friday long run sim, 1 sec per lap

It's not totally fair because under 2 seconds, the car behind is blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    [AMus]

"Sebastian Vettel was 31 times faster than Hamilton in comparable laps. Vice versa, only 7 laps was the Mercedes driver faster. Mercedes also had traction problems (La Source) that resulted into blistering of the rear left tyres already in Lap 16"

"At the end the gap to Lewis was 11s. The Mercedes engineers believe if Lewis was pushing until the end, the gap would have been at 4s. Probably a bit optimistic, because Vettel also slowed down."
    Vettel said he also turned down his engine.

Quote Originally Posted by theodorefabrice View Post
    It's not totally fair because under 2 seconds, the car behind is blocked.
    yeah, maybe you are right, but anyways, Hamilton could not even try to pass Seb

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Vettel said he also turned down his engine.
    Of course he did. The one of many issue's in F1 where again, it's about reliabilty rather than racing till the very end of the last lap. Imagine both Ferrari and Mercedes R-A-C-I-N-G till the very end as well as the mid-pack INSTEAD of this procession race on power tracks.....but I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Let's see what can Ferrari can do this weekend but I ain't optimistic,
    Way to change things up!

Disappointed Since 2010

A lot of people are speculating that the rains on friday will hamper our setup. Maybe the simulator guys can work overtime and help with the lost time in case there is limited dry running?

"Always move forward, take it one step at a time, eventually you'll reach your goal and if you happen to fall on face your still moving..."

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Don’t you jinx it now...
    wow i didn't know i wielded such power

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    A lot of people are speculating that the rains on friday will hamper our setup. Maybe the simulator guys can work overtime and help with the lost time in case there is limited dry running?
    Apparently Ferrari ran a filming day at Monza with LeClerc so even if it rains, hopefully they have some data for a decent setup.

Why do people think rain on Friday just affects us? do other teams not like to run on Friday's to get a set up?
    Forza Ferrari

I'm sure they probably do. But running that filming day might give us an edge on the new surface if Friday and/or Sat is wet and the race is sunny. Can't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    look maybe you right,i was just saying what others have analysed and summarized it. even wolf said the advantage is very small as its only certain parts of the tracks and slow sections. i dont think we have the same advantage like how it was in germany and silverstone anymore.
    Why do you care what Wolff said?
    If you were Toto do you seriously think you'd go out and say "hey guys, Ferrari owned us big time, we're in total awe at this situation and worst of all , Charlie told us in all so many words to put up or shut up!" ?

Of course he'll say that "it's a small deficit that we will feverishly work to have resolved by next gp" in so many words.

Seriously, try to understand how the game works. Do not be the best friend of Mercedes.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    look maybe you right,i was just saying what others have analysed and summarized it. even wolf said the advantage is very small as its only certain parts of the tracks and slow sections. i dont think we have the same advantage like how it was in germany and silverstone anymore.
    You believe too much you read rather than what you see, you were telling us the other day Merc had solved all their tyres problems because you read it on the internet....
    Forza Ferrari

[AMuS]

Mercedes introduced a new, lightweight chassis at Spa, responsible for better placement of the ballast.

We got the superior engine guys, deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    We got the superior engine guys, deal with it
    we'll see come quali in Monza.....which is the TEMPLE of SPEED.....if we got the strongest engine we should shine come quali with 1-2 for Ferrari.....otherwise, well you know what i'm trying to say
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...s-beat-ferrari

Lewis Hamilton: I can't always create miracles to beat Ferrari

Hamilton thinks hes Jesus It really is hard to read that whole article, 1 man so full of himself. #blessed lol
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

He's skilled in the wet let's give him that but man this kid bugs me with his holier than thou attitude! The amount of "CULO" (luck) he's had this year is unbelievable: rain, errors by his direct opponents, gifts from the marshals (non virtual safety cars at Silverstone 1 example for stupid reasons) and so on. The only retirement he suffered was caused by an over zealous MGP when they realised that Ferrari had REAL power under the hood and not the one off boost like their party mode. The second he knows his rivals are on a par (no, NOT superior) he starts playing the disadvantaged victim that has to carry the team

It's true, Lewis thinks pole and winning is a such a big deal. It's only a race! Seb has to calm him down, or even Kimi! Ferrari needs this win!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Why do people think rain on Friday just affects us? do other teams not like to run on Friday's to get a set up?
    I think this originates from earlier this season when the pattern was emerging that Ferrari wouldn't come close to the top of the time sheets (although according to the long run analysis they were usually right there), then come FP3 Ferrari suddenly came to life.

There were also stories of test drivers, running long simulator sessions between FP2 and FP3 to figure out a better setup.

Whereas the Merc is out of the box fast wherever it goes.

So people think the Friday running is crucially for Ferrari to dial things in for the circuit.

I think Ferrari (outside of the special circuits) has had the advantage on race pace for most of the season. Due a lot to how it manages the tyres.