Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Ferrari should be embarrassed

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,204

    Ferrari should be embarrassed

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtg_b3m4x64

    Check out this video of over 5 mins of radio contact between Kimi and the team. What happened in qualifying was in excusable, and being in his starting position certainly could contribute to even getting this race damage. But to have a team of mechanics, engineers and analysts, plus who knows how many sensors and cameras on the car, they couldn't find the problem? Ferrari sure seems to be doing what they can to add 2018 to the list of championships thrown away.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    2,352
    Have to say, this is painful to watch. They had almost 10 minutes, data and video, plus a trip to the pits and no one realizes his DRS is open all the time

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,126
    I think they tried to close his DRS in the first pit stop but it just stayed open they should have told Kimi though terrible radio communication again. Kimi never had these issues when Dave Greenwood was his engineer.
    Last edited by Christopher; 27th August 2018 at 19:32.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bulvania
    Posts
    2,865
    I'm having trouble to understand what his race engineer is saying and I'm just sitting in front of my desk and not in a race car.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    288
    Yup his current race engineer seems to not know what he is doint

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stowmarket. U.K
    Posts
    17,401

    Oh my look how embarrassing, Kimis DRS was broken on Friday

    How pathetic. Before you start pulling at strings to think Ferrari are dealing Kimi a dud hand, look at the car, study it to get facts right. This is the gap on the DRS wing in low rear soec, and yes Seb had the same. Shock horror.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stowmarket. U.K
    Posts
    17,401


    oh look Sebs DRS has a gap aswell.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bulvania
    Posts
    2,865
    I don't think their retired #7 car because of that narrow gap but for DRS being stuck open because of the collision.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,121
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtg_b3m4x64

    Check out this video of over 5 mins of radio contact between Kimi and the team. What happened in qualifying was in excusable, and being in his starting position certainly could contribute to even getting this race damage. But to have a team of mechanics, engineers and analysts, plus who knows how many sensors and cameras on the car, they couldn't find the problem? Ferrari sure seems to be doing what they can to add 2018 to the list of championships thrown away.
    It happened to RedBull as well......running out of fuel. They're human...all of them....they make mistakes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    I don't think their retired #7 car because of that narrow gap but for DRS being stuck open because of the collision.
    Bingo!!! +7

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    It happened to RedBull as well......running out of fuel. They're human...all of them....they make mistakes.



    Bingo!!! +7
    My thoughts exactly. I also go hard on our team when they do silly things, but this time they made an error in Q3 due to suddenly changed conditions (which RB also made with both!!! of their cars), and how in the world were they supposed to know what is wrong with Kimi's car from the pitlane when all the data suggested no damage? His DRS was stuck which was told by Kimi who can feel the car, not staring at a monitor on the pit wall. They obviously wanted him to continue that's why they kept him out waiting for the issue to disappear. His race engineer seems a bit unstable though. Maybe lack of experience?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stowmarket. U.K
    Posts
    17,401
    The problem is engineers will look at the numbers, see that it doesnt "seem" bad. But drivers feel that it is bad. The part on that silly video that say mechanics looked at the front and adjust front wing but not rear. Well, on the live feed there was someone there, looking, checking, giving the universal sign for stop. But, was to late and Kimi went. Engineers are not incompetent they now exactly what they doing, its their job. They sometimes have to mind manage the drivers, if they feel somethng wrong, but engineers dont think be a massive problem, due to what the numbers say, or even what they see on the screens, they will tell the driver "no looks ok, some damage, but be ok" until they see for sure then will end the race and pull them in to retire.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    28,495
    DRS looks closed to me
    Forza Ferrari

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,936
    I feel bad and I'm disappointed that Kimi's weekend was a train wreck. That said, anyone who thinks that Ferrari's engineers are incompetent or that the team is intentionally sabotaging Kimi is a ******* moron. The points he brings in are worth millions.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stowmarket. U.K
    Posts
    17,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    DRS looks closed to me
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    2,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I feel bad and I'm disappointed that Kimi's weekend was a train wreck. That said, anyone who thinks that Ferrari's engineers are incompetent or that the team is intentionally sabotaging Kimi is a ******* moron. The points he brings in are worth millions.
    I am sure that Ferrari are not sabotaging Kimi that is just crazy talk, but I think when there is a split strategy posibility and one of them looks about 80% the correct choice and the other with 20% chance of being correct, they send Seb on that 80% and Kimi on that 20%. Is it wrong? It depends on the points outcome. As a team, you look to get the maximum points from a race. Of course you send Seb on the "safest" bet as the leading driver and championship contender. Ferrari often tries to cover with Kimi, the alternative strategy. Considering that the safest bet is usually the best choice and WE ARE NOT in a position to only win a race by going wild, like it was a few years ago, maybe the most points would be gained by putting them both on the same safe strategy.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    http://i64.tinypic.com/1hotow.jpg

    oh look Sebs DRS has a gap aswell.
    Pause video 0:27. The gaps are nothing alike. If you want to tell yourself that, then you're just lying to yourself. Keep in mind the views are different angles of course. Lower angle should show a larger gap than when looking from above (say from T camera).

    Plus Kimi reported many times that the car was undrivable, no rear downforce/grip. The guy in the freakin car is saying something is wrong, and the team refused to look at it. Then Kimi says the DRS is stuck open, and the team concedes and retires him because he was right.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bulvania
    Posts
    2,865
    DRS will look closed if the picture looked at is taken at the moment when the DRS is closed.

    26 Aug 2018

    I don’t know what happened at the start: the only thing I know is that somebody hit me from behind and straight after that I got a puncture. I had a lot of damage to the rear wing endplate and the floor; at that point I could not go fast and the DRS stayed open all the times, it was hard to remain on track. It was pointless to continue, the damage was too big, so we decided to go back to the garage.

    http://formula1.ferrari.com/en/f1-20...-race-comment/
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,344
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Pause video 0:27.

    Plus Kimi reported many times that the car was undrivable, no rear downforce/grip. The guy in the freakin car is saying something is wrong, and the team refused to look at it. Then Kimi says the DRS is stuck open, and the team concedes and retires him because he was right.
    Kimi needed Seb to call into the pit for him as a favor. The team couldn't take any chances letting Kimi beat Seb.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,180
    Kimi's rear wing was damaged from the impact. One could clearly see it when he was trying to make it back to the pit lane. The structure of the wing on the side where he had a puncture was bent hence the drs flap dislodged and that's why they retired him as the car became very unstable being such a fast track. (+ very dangerous!)Kimi Spa 2018 (Small).png

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •