Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Italian GP Monza: Practices and Qualifying

SV got tow from LH as well.

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

to think if it remained dry in germany and hungary ferrari would be waaaaaay ahead by now in both championships and could easily afford a kimi win in monza instead of maybe doing the smart thing with seb. But they are backed into a corner now, 8 races to go it can swing either teams way depending on circuit now... can they risk the WDC?
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

On the team radio you said "we speak later". What annoyed you?

Vettel: "I won‘t say it. Sorry. In Q3 it didn‘t go the way I wanted it. My last try was not good enough, small mistakes, so I had it in my hands. Overall not satisfied with the end of qualifying."
    Do you expect any help from Kimi against Hamilton tomorrow?

Vettel: "No."

Why not?

Vettel: "I generally don‘t expect anything from anybody. We have the speed to have a good race. Both cars at the front is good and hopefully we arrive like this tomorrow."
    Where will you get Kimi tomorrow?

Vettel: "I don‘t know that today. You have to see how the start is and the first lap. I believe it‘s a long race and you can overtake. For tomorrow everything is possible. As I said today I‘m not happy but it continues."
    Looks like no team orders tomorrow might be a scary first corner
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Congratulations Kimi!! Awesome job

I hope tomorrow is a one two with no Merc on the podium.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Rumors of Perez leaving F.I for Mcl and Brundle was saying(before quali) from what he heard in the paddock leclerc has a very good chance for the seat next year at ferrari but i think this tow seb gave kimi and kimi delivering a beautiful pole with it saved his seat for the next two years. plus leclerc making mistakes
    Can u let me know .. wt mistakes he had made ??

Last couple of races, two of them he got sandwiched. Today Sauber didn’t had the right set-up

Just please don't take each other out in the first corner tomorrow...

Disappointed Since 2010

to think if it remained dry in germany and hungary ferrari would be waaaaaay ahead by now in both championships and could easily afford a kimi win in monza instead of maybe doing the smart thing with seb. But they are backed into a corner now, 8 races to go it can swing either teams way depending on circuit now... can they risk the WDC?
    You talk like as if we already won the race. Right now you should worry about the race, not the WDC.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Can u let me know .. wt mistakes he had made ??

Last couple of races, two of them he got sandwiched. Today Sauber didn’t had the right set-up
    Yeah no doubt unfortunate events out of his control past few races but it is also up to him together with the team to get setup right, he was quicker in fp3 . i mean we've seen kimi bottle it almost every weekend in q3 and we don't say his setup was wrong . but C.L stock has come down a bit while likes of Ocon and Gasly's has really shadowed him now in terms of pace. im not sure why maybe some update on the car is impacting his driving style the gains he had in baku are nowhere now compared to ME they are almost within a tenth within each others time again.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    You talk like as if we already won the race. Right now you should worry about the race, not the WDC.
    then they say im negative

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Just please don't take each other out in the first corner tomorrow...
    yes! and no stupid cut / chop or whatever like in china!

then they say im negative
    You shouldn't worry about what "they" say.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    You shouldn't worry about what "they" say.
    very true, you right

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Put Hamilton in this Ferrari and he would still have done the same time as he did for Mercedes or below.
    Why don't you go to a Merc forum? Why are you here???
    Red is the only color!!!

Sirotkin 8 - 6 Stroll
    Hulkenberg 8 - 6 Sainz
    Hamilton 9 - 5 Bottas
    Magnussen 9 - 5 Grosjean
    Verstappen 11 - 3 Ricciardo
    Gasly 11 - 3 Hartley
    Ocon 11 - 3 Pérez
    Leclerc 11 - 3 Ericsson
    Vettel 11 - 3 Raikkonen
    Alonso 14 - 0 Vandoorne

It has been a truly memorable qualy in Monza with our boys beating Hamilton. Let's hope for more of the same tomorrow so we can cap off a perfect weekend at our home race.

Fantastic quali result for Kimi and Seb but always remember the points are given on race-day, don't let's get too carried away just yet and tomorrow will be a real nail-biter. Hope for a clean, dry race and the best result possible.

Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    Why don't you go to a Merc forum? Why are you here???
    Care to read? I said Hamilton in this Ferrari can NOT do the times done by Kimi and Seb.

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

A lot of people watching the onboard of Kimi say he lifted before crossing the finish line. Maybe he didn’t lift soon enough to give Vettel pole? Maybe that’s why Vettel isn’t happy? I give you a tow, but pole is mine? Who knows
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

No.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    A lot of people watching the onboard of Kimi say he lifted before crossing the finish line. Maybe he didn’t lift soon enough to give Vettel pole? Maybe that’s why Vettel isn’t happy? I give you a tow, but pole is mine? Who knows
    Who the knows what’s going on there

Maybe Kimi is sniffing something that this new BIG cheese replacing Sergio doesn’t agree with Kimi being there for another season and wanting to bring Leclerc instead for 2019, hence Kimi not liking it and NOT complying with being a #2 driver/wing man to Seb

So Seb,s gonna have to do it on his own if he wants the WDC
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    people taking the drs line as the finish line maybe?, timing is off from video usually

Italian media reporting Charles Leclerc to ferrari next season is a done deal.
    Hard to believe considering kimi’s form this year

Looks like no team orders tomorrow might be a scary first corner
    You concluded there are no team orders by what Seb said? What do you expect him to say to the media?

Here's a "childish" drawing from the stands today.
    https://twitter.com/LaurentDupin_f1/...537600/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post

Can't believe so much fuss is being made about Seb being unhappy. Of course he is. He knows he needs it more than Kimi at this stage of the championship and was disappointed that he lost it due to a slightly scrappy lap and a tow (which may or may not be true). I'm sure Ferrari would reevaluate this like Mercs plan do with Bottas after the race and give the team the best shot at both the WDC and WCC in future races. Today Kimi simply did a better job!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    lol savage, he looked like that in the post interview

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Italian media reporting Charles Leclerc to ferrari next season is a done deal.
    Hard to believe considering kimi’s form this year
    maybe thats the same source martin brundle was talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by icedeepan View Post
    Can't believe so much fuss is being made about Seb being unhappy. Of course he is. He knows he needs it more than Kimi at this stage of the championship and was disappointed that he lost it due to a slightly scrappy lap and a tow (which may or may not be true). I'm sure Ferrari would reevaluate this like Mercs plan do with Bottas after the race and give the team the best shot at both the WDC and WCC in future races. Today Kimi simply did a better job!
    can't disagree, but i hope ferrari does evaluate this and not let fear of media backlash put them in a hard spot. some people still cant get over 2002 austria like the popular british media