Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Italian GP Monza: Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    lol savage, he looked like that in the post interview
    No.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    No.
    Why can’t anybody poke fun at a hamilton? Why is he untouchable? Give me a break.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

we need a clean start tomorrow, goes without saying. It would be awful if Kimi and Seb tangled, but knowing Ham's luck anything is possible.

No.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Why can’t anybody poke fun at a hamilton? Why is he untouchable? Give me a break.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    Yes.
    What are these similarities that were mentioned above?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmAbJg7X0AAMzK9.jpg

https://www.formula1.com/content/fom...5811778855.jpg
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    we need a clean start tomorrow, goes without saying. It would be awful if Kimi and Seb tangled, but knowing Ham's luck anything is possible.
    O please please don't even go there.
    We will all be on the nerves until the flag.
    It would be so good to finish 1, 2 at Monza but i'm not counting my chickens.
    I do agree with you Ham gets all of the luck. hopefully not this time.

Forza Jules

Anyone know if rain is expected during the race? Also what tyre allocation do we have?

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Anyone know if rain is expected during the race? Also what tyre allocation do we have?
    No rain but as was germany it can happen anytime if the winds are strong but it should be dry.

Top 3 teams minus Dani ric have same tyre allocation

1 new medium, 1 new soft, 4 used supersofts

although i could be wrong
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

I am so very happy for Kimi.
    An absolutely brilliant lap (obviously)

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

I know Vettel needs the win but I hope Kimi gets it as he's LONG overdue and it would be poetically fitting! FORZA FERRARI!!!

Thank you for posting those photos Rob! Kimi's #7 is my new desktop background:)

Hopefully, we will have a clean start. That is the most important. Just clean start and keep the mercs behind us. I want seb to win fpr the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    I know Vettel needs the win but I hope Kimi gets it as he's LONG overdue and it would be poetically fitting! FORZA FERRARI!!!
    how about this, Kimi wins, Seb comes second.....and "two chains" has an unexpected DNF.....so in the end everyone is HAPPY.....well not TWO CHAINS

so in the end, Kimi gets his win finally and SEB will lead the WDC by ONE point......

what do you guys think?????
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I know I'm boring you by always thanking you for the great photos, but thanks again they are great photos!
    Last edited by Brembo; 2nd September 2018 at 01:47.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    how about this, Kimi wins, Seb comes second.....and "two chains" has an unexpected DNF.....so in the end everyone is HAPPY.....well not TWO CHAINS

so in the end, Kimi gets his win finally and SEB will lead the WDC by ONE point......

what do you guys think?????
    I would love this, if Vettel was leading by 50 points, but the team is still on its back foot even though we finally appear to have the superior car. I would much rather see Vettel clinch early and him help Kimi in one of the final races.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I would love this, if Vettel was leading by 50 points, but the team is still on its back foot even though we finally appear to have the superior car. I would much rather see Vettel clinch early and him help Kimi in one of the final races.
    i know exactly what you mean about the team in general being on the backfoot.....but it's not just the team....Seb messed up in Germany where he lost 25 points, and that was NOT the only mistake he's done this year....he had another one where he lost BIG points.....so all in all he could have been leading the WDC by more then 30 points by now.....

kimi did a superb job in quali and he deserves the win tomorrow....but will all know he's gonna get shafted by strategy (the team will keep him out longer) while Seb will undercut him and WIN the race...

let;s just hope they will both BEHAVE accordingly into the 1st corner and may the better starter of the two lead the race after lap one.....OH and keep hamster behind where he belongs
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

i know exactly what you mean about the team in general being on the backfoot.....but it's not just the team....Seb messed up in Germany where he lost 25 points, and that was NOT the only mistake he's done this year....he had another one where he lost BIG points.....so all in all he could have been leading the WDC by more then 30 points by now.....

kimi did a superb job in quali and he deserves the win tomorrow....but will all know he's gonna get shafted by strategy (the team will keep him out longer) while Seb will undercut him and WIN the race...

let;s just hope they will both BEHAVE accordingly into the 1st corner and may the better starter of the two lead the race after lap one.....OH and keep hamster behind where he belongs
    Undercut effect is not huge here like in spa. Difference between SS & S is .3ths, where as in spa its over 1sec.
    So it’s interesting how Ferrari would manage it. I’m sure vettel will go for the win.
    All down to start.

If you are going to point out Seb's mistakes then you should also point out rival driver's mistakes as their mistakes also help in getting more points. Canada, Austria, Monaco where Mercedes had better car than Ferrari but still Hamilton messed up big time. If we count mistakes then for sure Hamilton has made more mistakes than Vettel, Vettel has made 2 mistakes this season - France start and Germany.

As mentioned in the previous comments, it is vital for the team to discuss their strategy during the start of the race.

I know Kimi is due for a win, but based on his previous starts, he is quite vulnerable especially when Hamilton is right behind him, on the clean side of the track. The boys should block Lewis at all costs while making sure they exit cleanly after turn 1.

I don't mind if Kimi wins, as long as Seb finishes ahead of Lewis. Singapore is coming up and Vettel is strong there. So let's take advantage and not let up until the final race of the season. I want to see Lewis cry and realize he sold his soul to the devil for nothing

2018 Italian GP Monza: Practices and Qualifying

Although I don’t have problems with team orders, Vettel is clearly best shot at WDC, but we could do it without embarrassing Kimi, he’s done a good job to secure Pole. I will be closely watching Vettel’s first stint & Kimi’s race strategy, this is assuming Kimi is leading from Seb at Curve Grande

It all depends on start.
    1) kimi Off late is vulnerable at start, which could be advantageous to ham. But if kimi does feel he’s doesn’t have good start atleast he should block ham so that vettel can take the lead.

2) vettel did have good starts, but this time he’s on dirty side of the grid. So he needs to be careful on 2nd launch & turn 1c braking zone. If he still keeps his position behind kimi that would also be good.

Mercs, especially bottas would be aggressive to try take vettel on the start because it’s nothing to loose for bottas. Ham will be watching & will make a move according to the start. He will play it safe compared to bottas

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It all depends on start.
    1) kimi Off late is vulnerable at start, which could be advantageous to ham. But if kimi does feel he’s doesn’t have good start atleast he should block ham so that vettel can take the lead.

2) vettel did have good starts, but this time he’s on dirty side of the grid. So he needs to be careful on 2nd launch & turn 1c braking zone. If he still keeps his position behind kimi that would also be good.

Mercs, especially bottas would be aggressive to try take vettel on the start because it’s nothing to loose for bottas. Ham will be watching & will make a move according to the start. He will play it safe compared to bottas
    Don't forget max is starting on the cleaner side just behind bottas. We need him to take out one of the mercs

Kimi needs to shut off his radio and give it his best!! I wish the win on him. I clean 1,2 & WCC here comes Ferrari !!

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Don't forget max is starting on the cleaner side just behind bottas. We need him to take out one of the mercs
    or both if possible

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Kimi needs to shut off his radio and give it his best!! I wish the win on him. I clean 1,2 & WCC here comes Ferrari !!
    Like he did in China 2017 when Ferrari didn't told him that Vettel is faster and he is costing him a potential late assault for win? Or Monaco 2017 where Raikkonen's pace was awful and there was a chance for potential undercut by rival team?

Crying for better engine last time at Spa? While having the best engine miles ahead of anyone's for the last 4 and half years? Even Horner mocked Lewis with his violin interview. It is not like its undeserved. I respect him as a driver, he is one of the best, but I cannot respect him as a person. Hence the mockery.

Another topic. Not just the first chicane will be crucial but the first couple of laps as well. If Rapperboy stays behind, he will still get a double slipstream in the straights so whoever is in second place will be under imminent attack. That is why it is crucial for Seb to overtake Kimi at the start. Otherwise he might find himself sandwiched between the two mercs.

Seb extremely vulnerable. Can't go as agressive on Kimi as he would on HAM, HAM know his best shot is at the start, he can try something on Seb.. Then there is BOT who, I don't know, is HAM's pet or something so..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Radar image is setting up for a rainy Monza gp.

looking at f2, the guys with slipstream has huge advantage at the start. if seb can't get slipstream from kimi, ham might jump them

spoilers: i believe a guy from 14th won the race
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Radar image is setting up for a rainy Monza gp.
    never seen a guy luckier than hamilton, that shows how amazing rosberg was when he finally got a fair shot to compete an he won in 2016