Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Italian GP Monza: Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Radar image is setting up for a rainy Monza gp.
    What really??? All weather predictions seem dry

from the forecasts i seen, rain is expected after the race but you never know. lets hope for a clean start 1 - 2 ferrari and we make sure ham stays behind as he will do anything to ruin seb's race just like he tried in spa and push him completely wide.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    never seen a guy luckier than hamilton, that shows how amazing rosberg was when he finally got a fair shot to compete an he won in 2016
    That also shows the quality of Hamilton, lost a 2 car championship and started blaming team for sabotage. What a sore loser.

If today Kimi #Raikkonen wins the race he will be the most winning Finnish of all time with 21 victory beating a champion like Mika #Hakkinen
    Moreover he can reach the important goal of 100 podiums
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by Otakukim View Post
    What really??? All weather predictions seem dry
    Radar image tells us another story, light-moderate rain in vacinity of Monza. Direction is E-W. I really hope for a dry race.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    That also shows the quality of Hamilton, lost a 2 car championship and started blaming team for sabotage. What a sore loser.
    100% lol he is claiming mercedes is slow and bad and that ferrari have tricks etc when he doesn't win, always pretending to want competition but immediately starts crying when the sniff of competition starts showing up

there was a lot of tyre degredation in f2 more than they thought from the day before the race in monza.

according to sky at Spa/Belgium ferrari were suffering from blistering almost as much as Ham which is why seb couldn't push harder in the first stint when hamilton started coming back at him too. they asked the guys at pirelli this info. the blistering wasn't a stripe and was hard to see but it was there and causing a loss of grip for seb.

Here is the strategy for tyres at monza but the blistering could be a little worse than what pirelli has led teams to believe especially on the SS

Last edited by mwk360; 2nd September 2018 at 08:47.

risk of rain currently increasing

The @FIA says the current weather forecast for the race shows a 40% chance of rain. #F1 #ItalianGP
    Also accuweather states rain starting in 15mins and t-storms between 1pm - 2pm starts slowing down approaching 3pm but it could stay with some very light rains.

darn if it rains that changes everything, heck even Max might get a lucky win

Any one on the track?

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    100% lol he is claiming mercedes is slow and bad and that ferrari have tricks etc when he doesn't win, always pretending to want competition but immediately starts crying when the sniff of competition starts showing up
    Yes, and not humble when vice versa

https://www.formula1.com/en/video/20...to_Vettel.html

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Any one on the track?
    Track is dry

Raining at turn 1
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Any one on the track?
    Yes.

3 hours till the start. Delayed starting times might do us favor this time. Let's hope its a dry start. Otherwise, possible mayhem awaits.

It's not heavy... hopefully goes away soon
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    It's not heavy... hopefully goes away soon
    No rain forcast here. wunderground.com

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    No rain forcast here. wunderground.com
    Only lasted 10mins and was really light seems clear now

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    Only lasted 10mins and was really light seems clear now
    Are the skies clear? Oh i hope we win today for all the tifosi there!

it has started to rain again according to Force india

Quote Originally Posted by Otakukim View Post
    Are the skies clear? Oh i hope we win today for all the tifosi there!
    Bit cloudy but no rain currently at turn 1

Could be getting breaking news regarding kimi and leclerc in the next 1 and a half hours. lots of discussion just ended in the Sauber motorhome...apparently

ham already acting like he is driving a williams when he is on spot for the best slipstream into turn one

My heart is already in my mouth, I don't even want to think about what the start and first chicane might bring, all the best plans can easily go out of the window, so best of luck everyone and please no rain.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    My heart is already in my mouth, I don't even want to think about what the start and first chicane might bring, all the best plans can easily go out of the window, so best of luck everyone and please no rain.
    Amen!

And raining again...

I am sick of hearing about Ferrari's team orders whereas Mercedes is getting a free pass. British media dominate the paddock and English is the main language in the world (even on this Ferrari forum!) so no surprise. However:
    * Baku - Kimi didn't back out of a move on Vettel when he ran wide trying to pass Bottas. He did go on to pass him.
    * Austria - perhaps the most clear example, Seb was right behind Kimi yet there was no repeat of Austria 2001/2002.
    * Germany - Kimi was blocking Seb on much older tyres and he was never going to win it. Ferrari was criticised yet when Mercedes was in a similar situation at Suzuka 2017 with Bottas blocking Hamilton and bringing Verstappen into striking range, there was outburst about... Mercedes not employing team orders.

Ferrari is a different team, it's a family, passionate team with deep traditional roots, you can't see Austrian flags when RB win or German flags when Mercedes win or even British flags when McLaren win. You can't even see other team's flags. Scuderia never allows Alonso or anyone else to be the most important person on the team like McLaren. Prost also knows that.

Toto is confident he can beat us this gp, maybe they have a plan or arrangement with the FIA with the help of SC or VSC.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/h...za--wolff.html

Its seriously raining at the moment so maybe that’s Merc’s plan...
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene