Thread: 2018 Italian GP Monza: RACE

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    imagine if seb won and kimi p2 today, there would be huge protests to keep kimi, sadly the result will be a big negative factor for both drivers and the new ceo looks like pushover
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Otakukim View Post
    The way seb answered questions today. It seems he is alone in this battle. He said he has to fight three drivers on track lol
    thats really disappointing, ferrari are not in a position to afford this, if they had merc of 2016 maybe, but they are losing both titles what are hoping to gain by having each driver take points out of one another and risking incidents, dumb decision in china and kimi lost p2 thanks to seb, reverse happened today and seb spun out. dumb. bad weekend in general for vettel, a lot of scrappy laps and was unfortunate to be infront of kimi in q3. bot said slipstream is worth atleast 0.3s as he did his entire lap without slipstream and had purple s2 if i remember
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

In one race mistakes vettel in the second error of the ferrari error in the strategy. Too many mistakes this year vettel and also ferrari. Seven races before the end should be crystal clear what the kimi must do in the team HELP VETTEL Ferrari and vettel will loses championship because of own mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    According to seb, the reason kimi got a tow in q3 is because every weekend they switch orders of who goes behind who, now instead of using their brain and reacting to the situation they remained with the decision to keep kimi in tow, seb alluded next race he should be the one behind but its more of a hindrance than a benefit in singapore to follow another car

agreed with the rest of your message
    Yep, they should judge eqch race seperately. Also I can't remember Kimi towing vettel in Spa? Anyone remember

I for one didn't think Hamilton was crazy enough to try a move like that. While leading the championship! Imagine if the reverse happened.

But of course, it's like his car is made of diamonds.

so there are 4 possible outcomes:

-Ferrari win both titles
    -Merc win both
    -Ferrari win wcc and Merc wdc
    -Merc win wcc and Ferrari wdc

anything but option number 2

30 points deficit and 7 races left... It is a mighty mountain to climb... Not impossible, but I won't raise my hopes high...

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Yep, they should judge eqch race seperately. Also I can't remember Kimi towing vettel in Spa? Anyone remember
    he ran out of fuel lol and was fiasco with the rain coming there was no established order

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    so there are 4 possible outcomes:

-Ferrari win both titles
    -Merc win both
    -Ferrari win wcc and Merc wdc
    -Merc win wcc and Ferrari wdc

anything but option number 2
    How the things are unraveling now I fear that option 2 will be!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    I for one didn't think Hamilton was crazy enough to try a move like that. While leading the championship! Imagine if the reverse happened.

honestly, its like his car is made of titanium and seb's of glass, not a scratch on his car and he clipped seb in the first corner already i think

It isn't crazy by Hamilton against Seb, any other driver yes. Hamilton is ahead in points, by a big margin. He can risk against Seb, its Vettel who has to be careful.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    30 points deficit and 7 races left... It is a mighty mountain to climb... Not impossible, but I won't raise my hopes high...
    Singapore is a must win. It'll be within a race win then. Hopefully less with some expected help from the Red Bulls. One things for sure, you got to get Ham off the podium every race.

Quote Originally Posted by Module View Post
    It isn't crazy by Hamilton against Seb, any other driver yes. Hamilton is ahead in points, by a big margin. He can risk against Seb, its Vettel who has to be careful.
    a race win isn't a huge margin. this day in age it is i suppose.

but if i was Ham, i wouldn't have risked it. I would just limit damage until tracks I was better at. I suppose there are two ways to look at it. If Ham thinks he won't have a good Singapore, and a Ferrrari 1-2 means his lead is cut to 7, he needed to take action.

If he believes the worse case is they both are out of the race, no harm done as far as he is concerned.

If you don't win Singapore, this is over.

Seb was 25 points behind Alonso with 2 races to go in 2010. All is not yet lost, but we have to strike back. I still believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Seb was 25 points behind Alonso with 2 races to go in 2010. All is not yet lost, but we have to strike back.
    Schumacher was 12 or so behind Hakkinen in 2000, when 10 was a race win.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Seb was 25 points behind Alonso with 2 races to go in 2010. All is not yet lost, but we have to strike back.
    it'l be hard to strike back when you fighting 3 cars though add RBR in singapore and mexico and its uphill for seb, and ferrari

Grosjeans been disqualified for an illegal floor wonder what tricks Haas were doing

If binotto can fix the tyre issues and get some improved aero on the car, seb has a chance as long as kimi and Rb take points away from ham

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    it'l be hard to strike back when you fighting 3 cars though add RBR in singapore and mexico and its uphill for seb, and ferrari
    Probably better to be fighting 3 cars more drivers to take point off Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Grosjeans been disqualified for an illegal floor wonder what tricks Haas were doing
    Wow! i thought they copy pasted ferrari's new floor design, i hope not!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Probably better to be fighting 3 cars more drivers to take point off Lewis
    thats true!

Whatever happens for wdc i think Lewis needs at least one DNF, for wcc not necessarily as that depends a lot on Kimi and Bottas. I think at this point the constructors seems a bit more likely for us.

mean while no investigation on the flexing merc rear wing , btw sky said ferrari were forced to do an oil and petrol sample test for fia close to starting the race which is unusual

Singapore is a must win. It'll be within a race win then. Hopefully less with some expected help from the Red Bulls. One things for sure, you got to get Ham off the podium every race.
    Maybe crashtappen can do his worst to help us alla Crashgate Singapore 2008. We need miracles and team orders!!!
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

In 2016 Lewis was 19 ahead of Rosberg after German GP. 5 races later after Suzuka, he was 33 points behind.

He was never 12 behind Hakkinen, at maximum he was down by 6 points (equals 18 - 2nd place now) after the Belgian GP. Then he went on to win ALL 4 remaining races. Compared to that, Seb has almost twice as many points to overcome while he has made 4 crucial mistakes so far( Italy, Germany, Baku, France) but he has 7 more races to operate with.
    Its possible but we need him to put up a Michael-like performance which I just cannot see happening. Momentum is a dangerous thing. Hamilton believes that he is unbeatable and so far this season somehow justifies it either through luck or performance.

Third being Kimi?

Vettel is only fighting one car, Hamiltons. Team orders will come and Kimi will follow them.

Best result for Vettel is 1-2 for Ferrari. That means that Kimi has to be up there, sometimes even in front of him and he shouldn't try to comprmise Kimis race, eventhou that would mean always not winning by merit but by TO.

Diving on your team mate, that 100% certain would have been moved to the side later, opening a space for your worst rival is idiotic and has nothing to do with him fighting 3 cars.

Vettel is fighting one car and his own head that doesn't seem to be on target
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Fiondella View Post
    Maybe crashtappen can do his worst to help us alla Crashgate Singapore 2008. We need miracles and team orders!!!
    lol leclerc convenient brake by wire failure in a safe incident taking out ham. i know im jinxing seb like crazy but i doubt it would make a difference he has a blackcloud over him for a few races already now

both kimi and seb said they are fighting each other this year and that the wins and podiums are on merit so far

SF71-H is capable to win all the remaining races. I am convinced Hamilton will have bad race, and Vettel needs to capitalize on that.