Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1312

Thread: 2018 Italian GP Monza: RACE

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    That doesnt look pretty. Does anyone have an explanation for that?

Well 30 points like I already said are about 12 points in old standings (with 70 to go). Seb was 25 points down on Alonso with 2 races to go (that is 10 points in old point system) and managed to win that title in 2010. Its gonna be hard, but nothing is "yet" impossible. Hard to say really what will happen next, but I will never stop cheering for Seb (even if he will lost the WDC this). I have been his big fan since China 2007, and will always be in good or bad days, it doesnt matter..

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    We did ALOT of running on the super softs as we hedged our bets on that tyre weeks ago. Kimi only had 2 softs and Seb 1 for the whole weekend.

Therefore hardly any set up was done on that tyre and the end result showed.

Going forward, we should have a policy of taking a minimum of 2 of the less favourable tyres regardless of how bad we think it is.

How many races now have we turned up and the slowest tyre ended up being the best race tyre but we hardly brought any?

Which race was it when Bottas was on the medium tyre and catching everyone in front of him on the softer 'faster' tyres?

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Well 30 points like I already said are about 12 points in old standings (with 70 to go). Seb was 25 points down on Alonso with 2 races to go (that is 10 points in old point system) and managed to win that title in 2010. Its gonna be hard, but nothing is "yet" impossible. Hard to say really what will happen next, but I will never stop cheering for Seb (even if he will lost the WDC this). I have been his big fan since China 2007, and will always be in good or bad days, it doesnt matter..
    The difference with 2010 (and even Kimis WDC in 2007), the drivers who won those years snuck in because going into the final race it could have been won by any 1 of 3 drivers (2007 - Lewis, Kimi, Alonso) & (2010 - Alonso, Webber, Seb).

While the 2 drivers with the most points were fighting each other (2007-ALO & HAM) & (2010 ALO & WEB), they took their eyes off the 'outsider' who won in the end because they left them 'unmarked' in football terms.

This year it will not be a 3 way battle so Merc know exactly who they are focusing on (Seb), unless Ferrari do them a favour and let their own drivers take points off each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Thing is at that time, vettel won it on his own. But here ferrari are throwing it away.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Vettel did 29 laps on them, but didn’t find any such deg on his tyres (with damaged car). I think kimi got the set-up or balance wrong.

Teamwork vs no team work, you can see the end results. M.A. should open his eyes
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

MARK HUGHES clarifies "we'll talk later" comment by the legendary Seb

Team was slow and behind procedure (as is becoming a habit now) in sending him out so he has no tow in q3 costing him pole (Bot said Tow is as good as 0.3~ at monza)
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Seb should have gotten himself in the position to get the tow from Hamilton. Frankly if I had to choose between Hamilton and Raikkonen to get a tow from in Q3, I would choose Lewis, because Kimi is prone this year to making mistakes in the final run in Q3.

Team was slow and behind procedure (as is becoming a habit now) in sending him out so he has no tow in q3 costing him pole (Bot said Tow is as good as 0.3~ at monza)
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmKFgWOX0AE6Erf.jpg
    Yes he didn't get the pole but he was still P2, ahead of Hamilton. Fact is your legendary Vettel needs to get his **** together.

If you think not having preferable treatment, where everything is tailored to him, is a reason for his anger/impatience, then its a pretty severe frailty.

Have to say, that Hamilton's driving at the moment is the stuff of legends - Mercedes Benz is extremely lucky to have him, and we are very unlucky to have him as an opponent. His relentless pressure is bringing out the worst in our team and drivers, even though they are amongst the best of the best. Lewis is one fearful opponant, but I do really wish that the cards fall heavily in our fovour very soon! Ciao :)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmKFgWOX0AE6Erf.jpg
    Looks like MA took the gentlemen statement a bit too seriously lol, he should know that opponents are ruthless and unless and until he employs the same tactics, there is no way Ferrari is going to win title, not this year or any year.

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    Have to say, that Hamilton's driving at the moment is the stuff of legends - Mercedes Benz is extremely lucky to have him, and we are very unlucky to have him as an opponent. His relentless pressure is bringing out the worst in our team and drivers, even though they are amongst the best of the best. Lewis is one fearful opponant, but I do really wish that the cards fall heavily in our fovour very soon! Ciao :)
    I also liked his driving in Bahrain, China, Baku, Monaco, Austria. Really stuff of legends.

Seb coming out and saying it, how long before he starts losing confidence in the team like Alonso did?

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...ng_3_carsquot/

I don`t know if you can see this video, but it shows that it was not so clever from Seb.

https://www.mtv.fi/sport/f1/uutinen/...238#gs.8GzMJpo

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Seb coming out and saying it, how long before he starts losing confidence in the team like Alonso did?

Wow!!!!

Im glad. Finally! Him saying it in the open hopefully puts pressure on M.A to make change in priorities.

Main reason im looking forward to Leclerc, he is young and has plenty time to learn in a no.2 seat. Heck hopefully he can steal some wins from ham next year (if ferrari is still a match for merc)

During Q3 with 3 minutes left in the session, Hamilton followed by Vettel then Kimi went out into the track. Mistake #1 maybe???? Ferrari should have sent out Kimi behind Hamilton then Vettel behind Kimi for the tow. Either way, Kimi took advantage of the tow from Seb and Seb did'nt behind Hamilton. Had it been Kimi behind Hamilton then Seb behind Kimi, maybe the outcome of qualifying would be different heading into the race.

Nonetheless, that's the call Ferrari made with the drivers in quali. During the race, Vettel has a racing incident. IMO, Vettel was not thinking of placement going into the chicane which one would think you would want to be on the inside of the first turn.....which is the opposite and Hamilton capitlized on it. You want to be on the outside of the first turn for setup of the second turn and having the inside line.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    I don`t know if you can see this video, but it shows that it was not so clever from Seb.

https://www.mtv.fi/sport/f1/uutinen/...238#gs.8GzMJpo
    Vettel is craving for leadership IMO. Yes, he makes mistakes but so does the pit wall and it all rests on MA and not wholly on Vettel which he feels he is carrying the whole weight of Ferrari on his back and MA is hoping Seb is always first in quali and in the race.....Seb needs leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Looks like MA took the gentlemen statement a bit too seriously lol, he should know that opponents are ruthless and unless and until he employs the same tactics, there is no way Ferrari is going to win title, not this year or any year.
    Agreed. I think he believes having the most Zen within the team is the best. Probably never expect kimi to be infront of seb either. They said he is pushing to keep kimi so maybe thats the main reason he didnt want to enforce intelligent strategy and team orders before the race.

He is a sportsman, but it wont be enough to beat Mercedes who know how to win. Ferrari have shown flaws within its teamwork for awhile and now tyre managment, its so close between ferrari and mercedes. Any track could give either the advantage. Seb fighting for 1st with kimi nstead of waiting it out in 3rd was his mistake. but then again imagine if seb slept at spa or silverstone instead of going forthe lead lol if we had drivers that were complacent to lose place and not make risks to pass we would have two kimi's. Should'v made him a rudens role from the start. Kimi could'v been an amazing asset like rubens was in the good years as the no.2 in monza

I agree with him! Why? Because HE IS THE CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDER, NOT KIMI!!
    Ill say it again and i stand by it. Ferrari made a massive mistake by prioritising Kimi instead of Seb, this is why they lost the race and it could be why we will lose the championship. Normally Ferrari dont have a problem implementing team orders so why didnt they do it in the most important race of the year so far?? Imo they shouldve told Kimi that he had 2 let Seb by on the 1st lap. Kimi shouldve done that at the chicane, it was a perfect moment as Seb got alongside him.
    Im still so angry about this. And if we dont win this championship knowing we have a better car then FML!
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

With Norris confirmed at McLaren & Leclerc set to replace Kimi at Ferrari the driver pairings at Sauber (ERI/GIO), Force India (PER/STR) and Haas (MAG/GRO) seem to be decided too. So only a few open places left at Williams & Toro Rosso.

#AMuS #F1

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    During Q3 with 3 minutes left in the session, Hamilton followed by Vettel then Kimi went out into the track. Mistake #1 maybe???? Ferrari should have sent out Kimi behind Hamilton then Vettel behind Kimi for the tow. Either way, Kimi took advantage of the tow from Seb and Seb did'nt behind Hamilton. Had it been Kimi behind Hamilton then Seb behind Kimi, maybe the outcome of qualifying would be different heading into the race.

Nonetheless, that's the call Ferrari made with the drivers in quali. During the race, Vettel has a racing incident. IMO, Vettel was not thinking of placement going into the chicane which one would think you would want to be on the inside of the first turn.....which is the opposite and Hamilton capitlized on it. You want to be on the outside of the first turn for setup of the second turn and having the inside line.
    Mistake 1: quali - it’s a team mistake
    Mistake 2: kimi locked up at turn 1, but still defending vettel - kimi mistake
    Mistake 3: vettel took different line at turn 1 which compromised his exit n ham was right behind him got a useful slip stream.
    Mistake 4: at that instance, vettel was still attacking kimi at t4... took different line again this is where ham took the opportunity. - vettel mistake

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Vettel is craving for leadership IMO. Yes, he makes mistakes but so does the pit wall and it all rests on MA and not wholly on Vettel which he feels he is carrying the whole weight of Ferrari on his back and MA is hoping Seb is always first in quali and in the race.....Seb needs leadership.
    Maurizio Arrivabene was asked why the Scuderia neglected team orders on a weekend when they were most needed, he replied, “We hire drivers not butlers, even if we wanted to give the order to the team it would have been impossible, it is very dangerous and crazy to give it at the start, if possible in the course of the race.”

Vettel is not that much vocal against the team, as Alonso did. I think Alonso raised his voice against the team during final year with Ferrari.

Maurizio Arrivabene was asked why the Scuderia neglected team orders on a weekend when they were most needed, he replied, “We hire drivers not butlers, even if we wanted to give the order to the team it would have been impossible, it is very dangerous and crazy to give it at the start, if possible in the course of the race.”
    So tell me one thing, if kimi had a bad start & blocking vettel. At that instance too, will not impose orders at the start ???
    Mercs didn’t do that ??? Bottas was on pole, ham was 2nd. Ham had good start, bottas covered ham then. I think it’s hungary or some other.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    So tell me one thing, if kimi had a bad start & blocking vettel. At that instance too, will not impose orders at the start ???
    Mercs didn’t do that ??? Bottas was on pole, ham was 2nd. Ham had good start, bottas covered ham then. I think it’s hungary or some other.
    Well, if Kimi had a bad start, then Seb can easily overtake, but Kimi had a good start. I really don`t care what mercs is doing, I really don`t like Mercs racing philosophy.
    Seb could be leading WDC by 50 points now, without his mistakes. We can blame team, we can blame Kimi, but like I said yesterday, it is only Seb who has not done his job.
    Hopefully rest of the races he drives well, and end of the season we have both titles.

Merc might have hired butlers, however them driving in formation in Italy on the cool down lapto 'show our Italian colleauges' was rubbing it in our face.

Also another ironic thing is, if it was Hamilton instead of Seb in Monza into turn 1/2. Imthink Kimi would have put up less of a fight. Does anyone else have the feeling Kimi seems to impede Seb more then he does Lewis in general

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Think it was France, Bottas blocked off Seb and didn't attack Lewis even though he could have. Seb ran into the back of him due to the overspeed

Merc might have hired butlers, however them driving in formation in Italy on the cool down lapto 'show our Italian colleauges' was rubbing it in our face.

Also another ironic thing is, if it was Hamilton instead of Seb in Monza into turn 1/2. Imthink Kimi would have put up less of a fight. Does anyone else have the feeling Kimi seems to impede Seb more then he does Lewis in general
    Seb did the same to him in china. He blocked him off and bottas got an easy no.2. Mercs in the pit played it like geniuses and got out ahead of seb. epic fail from the pitwall

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...di-montezemolo

Not sure why Maurizio and some fans here are upset with Bottas situation at Mercedes