Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1526272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1312

Thread: 2018 Italian GP Monza: RACE

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yeah maybe that's why he just said in a cold manner "We'll talk later"
    He may try but after all he too is just an employee of SF.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    He may try but after all he too is just an employee of SF.
    That's true, but a key employee which will cost god knows how much money if he gets sacked earlier then his contract expires. That said, he's far from a regular employee.

Quote Originally Posted by roddick_andy View Post
    https://thesportsrush.com/vettel-unh...-monza-fiasco/

Is this reliable source? If it is then are we imploding?
    I don’t think it’s a reliable source, I’ve seen his press statements after the race, and it was actually the journalist who asked if he was fighting 3 cars and he said that yes he was fighting 19 cars like he always have been and that’s he didn’t mind, and he refused to say publicly why he wasn’t happy on Saturday so I don’t know where this is coming from

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    I don’t think it’s a reliable source, I’ve seen his press statements after the race, and it was actually the journalist who asked if he was fighting 3 cars and he said that yes he was fighting 19 cars like he always have been and that’s he didn’t mind, and he refused to say publicly why he wasn’t happy on Saturday so I don’t know where this is coming from
    They talk with a million journalists in many languages, I doubt you have heard or read everything. Those quotes may or may not be false, there is no way to know it.

Quote Originally Posted by roddick_andy View Post
    https://thesportsrush.com/vettel-unh...-monza-fiasco/

Is this reliable source? If it is then are we imploding?
    Worst time for Ferrari to implode, can see it getting worse tbh especially if kimi gets the boot. The guy incharge should'v made the stern decision before the second half of the season started that kimi is in the support role, the same way bottas and wolff have done it. Hamilton knows anytime bottas is infront,he will get the wave by. seb has to battle kimi the same way he battles ham and bot because kimi is not given the support role like he was last year.

Not sure if making the decision now will cause only more friction as kimi has no reason to help seb if ferrari sack him. can see it Seb vs 3 cars till the end of year, he has to make sure he beats mercs and kimi who wasn't and isnt going to support him this year.

Worst time timing, especially since Seb has usually brushed mistakes and issues regarding ferrari and always spoke of the positives, im really surprised he is bringing up the obvious mistakes at Q3 and how he was blocked by kimi. thought we'l get the usual BS about "nothing could do", "maybe you should drive instead", "things will improve" etc. this really needed to be said from his side since everyone thought kimi being support was a given, seems its the exact opposite. Can only hope Leclerc remains how he is now with no ego and supports best interest of ferrari as a whole next year.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

I know that’s why I said that I thought it was fake I didn’t say I was sure, but it would be very strange that he would say something to some journalists and the opposite to others, and also that website doesn’t say who the sources were so it doesn’t seem very reliable, I think they just distorted some of the things he said

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    They talk with a million journalists in many languages, I doubt you have heard or read everything. Those quotes may or may not be false, there is no way to know it.
    I know that’s why I said that I thought it was fake I didn’t say I was sure, but it would be very strange that he would say something to some journalists and the opposite to others, and also that website doesn’t say who the sources were so it doesn’t seem very reliable, I think they just distorted some of the things he said

Ferrari only got another 1 set of softs for each car for Singapore. Let's hope this does not end up being the best race tyre

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...171179/?nrt=54

Best solution. Sack this stupid finger boy.

earlier today i saw bookies had Seb as favourite to win Singapore, followed by Ham and Max. A few hours later odds on Ham have dropped slightly, hopefully that's not a bad omen.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Ferrari only got another 1 set of softs for each car for Singapore. Let's hope this does not end up being the best race tyre

Yikes, too late to change it i believe it was done couple of weeks ago if i remember. better hope those hypers can last an entire lap too. Any word on weather? i know its raining pretty frequently in singapore right now
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Going to be another one stopper so I am not worried. Singapore is like Monaco, you can run whatever pace you want, as long as you are at the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    earlier today i saw bookies had Seb as favourite to win Singapore, followed by Ham and Max. A few hours later odds on Ham have dropped slightly, hopefully that's not a bad omen.
    after monza merc looked like the best car especially since mercs were quicker on the slow sections than ferrari, which was the inverse last year

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    after monza merc looked like the best car especially since mercs were quicker on the slow sections than ferrari, which was the inverse last year
    I was just reading an article on Omnicorse.it that the Ferrari PU is 1,022bhp in Q3 Quali mode (max power for a single lap) and the Mercs are 17bhp short (Party mode).
    https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/fe...monza/3171188/
    The Ferrari is particularly strong in exit curve and the gaining of top end speed (much quicker / torque) whereas the Mercedes seems to have improved in the fast to slow corners speed.

Another article mentioned that Kimi knew of Ferrari departure before Monza and hence Vettel has been complaining that he is now racing 3 cars (Lewis-Botttas-Kimi) for the top spot. I don't want to believe it but it makes a bit of sense when you consider his team radio after Quali and eagerness to overtake Kimi in the 1st lap of the race. If Kimi knows he's on his way out he won't be bothered. Kind of Alonso not giving af but not as bad (crashing into others like Alonso Magnussen and STR etc.).

Of course all of the above is pub talk in my opinion but theories sometimes carry weight.
    Last edited by WRX202; 4th September 2018 at 15:43.

But in his RBR he was also racing against Webber was he not?

Kimi never worked synergistically with Seb. Was it lack of directives from the boss, his own ego? Who knows. The truth of the matter is that the team’s pecking order should be established in the course of the initial 3 races of the season. That criterium clearly showed that Seb emerged, again, as the dominant driver. Now, the moron/s that did not understand that is/are to be blamed for this unfortunate state of afairs.

A few races left and mathematically all our chances lie with Seb. So Kimi, I don’t care if your ego gets bruised but your job is to defend Seb from MB regardless of your continuity with the Scuderia. I hope he reads this.

Yes, ONLY Webber... Same as Lewis racing ONLY Nico. Other cars where far off. This year we have Mercedes and Ferrari on a par. So it's 1 driver vs the other 3 cars. Except for Bottas of course, he's LH's butler lol...

Tbh, if Kimi actually fought to give us a championship from the rear gunner perspective, he would be remembered more kindly to us tifosi than if he fought his own battle disregarding the Scuderia’s main objectives.
    Last edited by doublesixes; 4th September 2018 at 16:02.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    Kimi never worked synergistically with Seb. Was it lack of directives from the boss, his own ego? Who knows. The truth of the matter is that the team’s pecking order should be established in the course of the initial 3 races of the season. That criterium clearly showed that Seb emerged, again, as the dominant driver. Now, the moron/s that did not understand that is/are to be blamed for this unfortunate state of afairs.

A few races left and mathematically all our chances lie with Seb. So Kimi, I don’t care if your ego gets bruised but your job is to defend Seb from MB regardless of your continuity with the Scuderia. I hope he reads this.
    But then again you cannot blame Kimi for Vettel's crashes. In Germany Vettel binned it, in Monza he binned it by bumping into Lewis and so on. Too many points thrown away. Kimi was keeping LH behind fine at Monza. Had Vettel stayed in P3 then P1 was well within his reach by the end of the GP.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    Yes, ONLY Webber... Same as Lewis racing ONLY Nico. Other cars where far off. This year we have Mercedes and Ferrari on a par. So it's 1 driver vs the other 3 cars. Except for Bottas of course, he's LH's butler lol...
    Only Webber? not Alonso too?

and still I cannot understand how on earth Verstappen managed to keep the Mercedes of Bottas behind with that Top speed / engine power difference!? I can't understand how no one is looking into this. The RedBull or rather the Renault powered cars should have been all smoke by the likes of Force India, HAAS and AlfaRomeo considering it's a PU heavy circuit!

Only Webber? not Alonso too?
    Not really if you remember how much quicker the RB was everywhere. The wins were mostly due to reliability / pit stop blunders or team battles.

But then again you cannot blame Kimi for Vettel's crashes. In Germany Vettel binned it, in Monza he binned it by bumping into Lewis and so on. Too many points thrown away. Kimi was keeping LH behind fine at Monza. Had Vettel stayed in P3 then P1 was well within his reach by the end of the GP.
    Seb isn’t the smartest driver in the grid but he’s super fast AND he is way ahead pointswise. All efforts, Kimi’s included should focus on Seb’s giving us the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    Best solution. Sack this stupid finger boy.
    The only one who is stupid is you. Leave please, Polish crazy guy... You never been a Ferrari fan, you always come out of your hole for bashing our drivers, its really a joke. Go to Mercedes forum, and praise your drivers there. I am sick and tired of this people on this forum, its very sad. I might delete myself because its always the same thing, when our drivers in particular Vettel wins the race, all is quiet, but when he makes a mistake, which we all do in life, nobody is perfect many of you start to bash the drivers. This are so called gloryhunters fans, they come and go, and i wont even take you serious from now on....
    Last edited by Vettel165; 4th September 2018 at 16:05.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    Seb isn’t the smartest driver in the grid but he’s super fast AND he is way ahead pointswise. All efforts, Kimi’s included should focus on Seb’s giving us the title.
    yes but he canot handle pressure, zero, nada, niente. I thought he improved this year but these mistakes are showing the contrary. Now with a 30 point deficit, all the media bashing him, the top brass keeping a close eye he will be under even more pressure.

yes but he canot handle pressure, zero, nada, niente. I thought he improved this year but these mistakes are showing the contrary. Now with a 30 point deficit, all the media bashing him, the top brass keeping a close eye he will be under even more pressure.
    You think Seb cares what media think? Well not a chance, he has his own life, like we all do. I still believe in him, he can still strike back. Negativity wont help..

If Seb and Kimi secure front row in Sing, and chances are that’s highly probable, a victory would give us a boost in moral and allow the team to refocus and establish clear strategies for Russia and the rest.

The difference then was the Red Bull was the class of the field so the main competition was his team mate just like the Mercs 2014-16 (battle was HAM v ROS)

Now the Ferrari and Merc are pretty much neck and neck so as well as fighting another team, he is having an unnecessary inter team battle

Dont count Seb out. Remember 2012 season guys, we were leading the WDC by 37 points after the Italian GP, and Sebastian was trailing Fernando by 39 points. I still believe that we can do it, but Seb needs to keep it clean and be completely focus on himself and the job in hand.

The difference then was the Red Bull was the class of the field so the main competition was his team mate just like the Mercs 2014-16 (battle was HAM v ROS)

Now the Ferrari and Merc are pretty much neck and neck so as well as fighting another team, he is having an unnecessary inter team battle
    well Alonso was leading 2012, if i recall correctly his season started going downhill when he was taken out by that psycho Grosjean. So for me Seb was definitely fighting Alonso as well as his team mate.