Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19303132333435363738394041424344
Results 1,291 to 1,312 of 1312

Thread: 2018 Italian GP Monza: RACE

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Yes, Hamilton was lucky because the engine development in Mercedes was started in 2011, Ross Brawn said that they had asked the board for either going all in or winding up, board chose the former and 2011 was the year when they started putting things together, Hamilton only joined the team in 2013 to reap the results of the hard work done since 2011. Also in that tyre degrading Silver Arrow of 2013, Hamilton won 1 race whereas Rosberg won 2.

On the other hand, Vettel always has to build team just like Schumacher from the ground up. Ferrari was not competitive in either 2015 or 2016 but they showed signs of progress in 2017. Binotto didn't join the team in the past 2 years, neither did the other engineers. What were they doing in the past 10 years. The truth is they all deserve credit but what you should understand that is without a technical driver, a team cannot progress no matter how good engineers you got. What did Ferrari achieve in the past 10 years when they had dud of drivers? Alonso didn't win title in Ferrari was because Red Bull had Vettel. If Adrian Newey must be given credit then why didn't Mark Webber finish 2nd in the championship in either 2010 or 2011 or 2012 or 2013? If you look at the history of Adrian Newey, he has produced more crap cars than good ones.

Vettel's close working style and his excellent input allows the engineers to know what exactly the driver needs to perform and most of the drivers are incapable of such input. Of course, Horner will worry more about his team because they no longer have Vettel to win them titles, Marko recently said they might even quit Formula 1 in few years. They thought Verstappen can develop into a good driver who maybe can emulate Vettel but reality is dawning upon them, they realize they are in Formula 1 only to make up numbers, their golden period is past them.

These guys Horner and Marko know what they are talking about but I can't really blame you for not understanding, after all, Ferrari since Schumacher never had a driver who could help off track as well rather than just drive with whatever they are given.

Ok I got it

Newey crap
    Alonso crap
    Webber crap
    Verstappen crap
    Binotto crap
    Allison crap
    Hamilton crap
    Costa crap
    Ricciardo crap

When can Seb officially join us a Chief Technical Director? I get it he working like one already

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Ok I got it

Newey crap
    Alonso crap
    Webber crap
    Verstappen crap
    Binotto crap
    Allison crap
    Hamilton crap
    Costa crap
    Ricciardo crap

When can Seb officially join us a Chief Technical Director? I get it he working like one already

If he joins as Director then who is going to drive the car? Who is going to extract the maximum? Or you want someone like Alonso who couldn't even overtake a car like 2010? As Mark Hughes said, Vettel has to focus on many things other than driving, he has to make sure that car doesn't get damaged due to operational carelessness like Spa or races get ruined due to sub standard strategies or running the car and almost qualifying on pole despite being told to pull off (Spain 2017).

In the current Ferrari organization, 2 people are the best - Vettel and Binotto, Marchionne's role cannot be underestimated either. Vettel came to Ferrari to drive the car and help with excellent input, little did he know that he also has to run day to day operations and focus on things which a driver doesn't have to.

If he joins as Director then who is going to drive the car? Who is going to extract the maximum? Or you want someone like Alonso who couldn't even overtake a car like 2010? As Mark Hughes said, Vettel has to focus on many things other than driving, he has to make sure that car doesn't get damaged due to operational carelessness like Spa or races get ruined due to sub standard strategies or running the car and almost qualifying on pole despite being told to pull off (Spain 2017).

In the current Ferrari organization, 2 people are the best - Vettel and Binotto, Marchionne's role cannot be underestimated either. Vettel came to Ferrari to drive the car and help with excellent input, little did he know that he also has to run day to day operations and focus on things which a driver doesn't have to.
    Well, really sad the legendary Seb arrived to Ferrari with some expectations but amateurs here proved that Seb needs to focus on daily operations. But I think Seb is a genius, he can look after all that & yet drive the damn car with full intensity

I hope you are being tongue in cheek and not serious?

As for the incident with Kimi, I don’t know how many times it has being said, but looks like it needs doing again. Where was the urgency to swap places, you don’t need to swap places at the 1st or 2nd corner especially whilst under attack. The fact that Vettel fault he needed to rather then just protect second and slot in behind points to a failing and inadequacy on the part of Vettel, for some reason he doesn’t think rightbjn these situations.

Someone should tell Kimi that he is a Ferrari driver first and foremost but he ain't acting like one.
    Pole and 2nd place in " ITALIA" Go Seb!! Ups sorry, I meant Kimi. Kimi needs to make a few big point costing mistakes ASAP so he can fit in with the first and foremost driver. Pole, podiums look bad, he ain't acting like a #2 driver. Imagine Monza podium without a Ferrari driver in front of thousands of fans, where's Shumy Jr. when he's needed? Engineering I guess,. What a joke! There's still time WCC Ferrari!! Even if it's shamefully Kimi up on the podium.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Pole and 2nd place in " ITALIA" Go Seb!! Ups sorry, I meant Kimi. Kimi needs to make a few big point costing mistakes ASAP so he can fit in with the first and foremost driver. Pole, podiums look bad, he ain't acting like a #2 driver. Imagine Monza podium without a Ferrari driver in front of thousands of fans, where's Shumy Jr. when he's needed? Engineering I guess,. What a joke! There's still time WCC Ferrari!! Even if it's shamefully Kimi up on the podium.
    2nd place after starting from pole, LOL. Did he ever gained or maintained position since he rejoined Ferrari? He is not good enough to win at this age and instead of supporting his teammate to do the job, he defended hard against him, ruined his own race and ruined Vettel's race. Earlier, he never used to defend even against rival drivers, on track, people don't even acknowledge Kimi as a racing driver, they all know they can easily pass Kimi because he won't put up a fight. But in Monza maybe due to tifosi, he acted differently but that was obviously a wrong decision, if you can't win, support your teammate to win.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    inadequacy on the part of Vettel, for some reason he doesn’t think rightbjn these situations.
    That's what people say when things don't work out in favor, people said the same in Baku but no one said the same in Silverstone where Vettel made the move stick. If Hamilton would've spun instead of Vettel, you would have posted a new thread singing the glories of Seb.

That's what people say when things don't work out in favor, people said the same in Baku but no one said the same in Silverstone where Vettel made the move stick. If Hamilton would've spun instead of Vettel, you would have posted a new thread singing the glories of Seb.
    Very true, unfortunately its surprisingly easy to fall into that trap.

Pole and 2nd place?? Lol if that had happened to Seb he would be crucified! I think the act that people are celebrating the fact that kimi got a pole and 2nd place says it all!

If the drivers knew who does what and were not let to act as if they were driving in different teams as they were, then once Kimi were not overtaken at the first few seconds by Seb , Seb should have stayed in line and make sure he would keep his position or even fall behind Lewis undamaged and push in order to overtake as the team would work things out in over to bring Seb at P1 and Kimi to P2 which was possible.
    This way they would :
    1. Give the fans what they dreamed about, a red first line
    2. Maximize result for WDC
    3. Maximize result for WCC

Instead, what we had is what we had, and some people like you feel happy about it.
    Cheers !
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Vettel came to Ferrari to drive the car and help with excellent input, little did he know that he also has to run day to day operations and focus on things which a driver doesn't have to.
    This is the bitter truth.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Toto Wolff: "Vettel has the ambition, if possible always to win, and brings with it the necessary aggressiveness. That requires a lot of courage. That it sometimes leads to collisions is part of his way of driving a F1 car. Afterall he is a 4-time F1 champion."

Toto Wolff: "You have to admit that, even if you work like me with Lewis"

Does Ferrari have the better power unit at the moment?

Toto Wolff: "The engines are similar, but with different advantages and disadvantages."

Toto Wolff explains the differences between the power unit of Mercedes and Ferrari

"Ferrari may have a bit more power at the corner exit, but we have more at the end of the straights. The balance of power is therefore equal in my opinion."
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    Pole and 2nd place?? Lol if that had happened to Seb he would be crucified! I think the act that people are celebrating the fact that kimi got a pole and 2nd place says it all!
    Still a lot better than Pole and DNF. And I am pretty sure Vettel wasn't crucified either. I think the act that people like yourself are forgetting the fact that Vettel got a DNF in Germany and gone from P2 to P5 in Monza says it all.

Vettel will dominate the next 7 races, you heard it here first. Just joking (its mission impossible to do that), but would really love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Vettel will dominate the next 7 races, you heard it here first. Just joking (its mission impossible to do that), but would really love it.
    Well its going to be tough fo do that, especially now that he has to not only fight the 2 mercs, he has to fight his teammate also

Best of luck to him and hopefully he pulls it off by the end of year
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Well its going to be tough fo do that, especially now that he has to not only fight the 2 mercs, he has to fight his teammate also

Best of luck to him and hopefully he pulls it off by the end of year
    (Just a joke)singapore looks to be another full wet race and quali lol with this year's ferrari might be fighting some middle order teams unless it dries up

but yeah seriously i hope he does too, would be such a great feeling especially with the loss ferrari has suffered
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    (Just a joke)singapore looks to be another full wet race and quali lol with this year's ferrari might be fighting some middle order teams unless it dries up

but yeah seriously i hope he does too, would be such a great feeling especially with the loss ferrari has suffered
    If it’s wet it will be lottery kind of thing, anybody’s race. There are possibilities of DNFs too.
    But still a week to go anything can change, actually singapore GP is considered to be one of the hottest race.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    If it’s wet it will be lottery kind of thing, anybody’s race. There are possibilities of DNFs too.
    But still a week to go anything can change, actually singapore GP is considered to be one of the hottest race.
    If it's wet, it's only Mercedes' race, Sauber or Williams can't grab pole. DNF is a possibility but it was wet last year as well and drivers did well.

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    Crucifixions are horrible!! Maybe that's why Seb stood off pole and 2nd place intentionally? Ferrari fans ,beware ! Kimi may ruin the next 7 races on the podium or worse yet a win or pole. He's too old to be doing great. Ferrari needs a rookie to come up even if we loose points. After all, Kimi's points are not what some fans want. It's Shumy Jr. or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    thats true, Im more nervous that with how cursed the 2018 campaign has been luck wise that Dnfs are going to be heartbreaking ones like last year, we need one dnf from ham and more wins from seb with no idiot mistakes, and no being selfish from kimi and doing more to ruin seb's race than he did mercs and just maybe this year could still have an outside chance of going our way

It seems many fans here really believe that if Kimi is allowed to race to win , no team orders, Seb has no chance against him. So who's really the #1 guy as far as racing to win? FF to Max, no longer the true crash king, but now the king of selfishness! he only races to win every race. Just ask Dan . F1 and Ferrari needs WCC !

Clearly Seb has had a bad year so far.
    Races, when both finished is 5-5.
    And Kimi has better race average result.
    Seb just must get his act together.