Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 41516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Italian GP Monza: RACE

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Without any doubt. Alonso in this year Ferrari would be leading the championship.
    well he is not. Get over it.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Seb needs to win in Singapore, which we know he can. Then hope for the best in the remaining races, but it's gonna be tough. Lewis needs some bad luck for a change, like Bottas' puncture for example when he was leading in Baku.

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    Vettel never won the race if he competed under 3 places he never won. This testifies to its poor quality as a driver.
    I think it only proves that he’s not a very lucky driver, he has done amazing recoveries over the years which prove his race craft, what’s so great about Lewis win in Germany? He didn’t pass a single top car on track or last year Singapore everyone crashed in front of him, there’s no brilliance in that. There’s more brilliance in today recovery by vettel with half of his car missing and he finished just 7 sec behind kimi after 2 stops and changing front wing as wel

It would be a miracle to win this year's Championships but we have the car to do so. Never give up until it's mathematically impossible. We can still win these Championships but we can't afford anymore mistakes either from team or drivers.
    Red is the only color!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    well he is not. Get over it.
    Over what?

Mods.

Can you delete my account please?

I thought this was a place for grown up chat.

All this locking threads and "im a bigger than you" " dont criticise our team" stuff is really nausating.

Thanks

Mods.

All this locking threads and "im a bigger fan than you" " dont criticise our team" stuff is really nausating.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariFan View Post
    Mods.

All this locking threads and "im a bigger than you" " dont criticise our team" stuff is really nausating.

Thanks
    acting all grown up now hey.

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    I think it only proves that he’s not a very lucky driver, he has done amazing recoveries over the years which prove his race craft, what’s so great about Lewis win in Germany? He didn’t pass a single top car on track or last year Singapore everyone crashed in front of him, there’s no brilliance in that. There’s more brilliance in today recovery by vettel with half of his car missing and he finished just 7 sec behind kimi after 2 stops and changing front wing as wel
    Yeah, we have a fast car, should take both titles this year.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Over what?
    alonso blah blah blah.

he did, he would of, but Merc played their butler to "slow" enough and that helped run his tyres.
    ...and that would any other team in same position do the same! I don't see nothing wrong with it!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    ...and that would any other team in same position do the same! I don't see nothing wrong with it!
    not at all. But to blame Kimi for not looking after his tyres, laughable.

Haha ferrari tries to do it but it always fails spectacularly in their faces. When merc do it, it actually affects the outcome of the race

How about fitting Seb's car with white rubber for a race-length stint instead of those marginally better yellows? A one-stop strategy instead of what happened would've been better, maybe?

alonso blah blah blah.
    What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Otakukim View Post
    Haha ferrari tries to do it but it always fails spectacularly in their faces. When merc do it, it actually affects the outcome of the race
    We do seem like amateurs with no balls

Now that the dust has settled, some insights from the Monza GP. Mercedes have shown yet again they are masters of in-season development. Their spec 3 plus aero upgrades have proven effective to claw back Ferrari's advantage. With more updates scheduled for Singapore, I hope Ferrari can answer back and bring much needed updates of our own.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    How about fitting Seb's car with white rubber for a race-length stint instead of those marginally better yellows? A one-stop strategy instead of what happened would've been better, maybe?
    They plan was to use the SS most of the race. Thats what dd most of practice as our car was fast on them. Use the softs at the end as we only bought 1 set of those and didnt do much running on them.

Now hours after this.... don't know how to call it race, I must say that I blame two:
    -First, team for not imposing strict team orders regarding start and how KR should and must play SV wing man (this is popular title now, so I will use it)
    -Second SV for not being cooler head when LH overtook him. For the love of God, that was in first third of a first lap?!?!? There are 53 laps!!! What the hell!?!?

As someone said today, it is not about loosing, I got used to, but what hurts the most are self inflicted errors that cost a lot!

30 points down... Is that a lot? Can it be achieved in remaining races? Time will tell

not at all. But to blame Kimi for not looking after his tyres, laughable.
    I don't blame him at all for tires. He was driving behind VB. I blame him and team for not imposing team orders on how to take start! Yes it is easy to talk now from behind keyboard, but that is for sure topic for Ferrari in the remaining races!

Now hours after this.... don't know how to call it race, I must say that I blame two:
    -First, team for not imposing strict team orders regarding start and how KR should and must play SV wing man (this is popular title now, so I will use it)
    -Second SV for not being cooler head when LH overtook him. For the love of God, that was in first third of a first lap?!?!? There are 53 laps!!! What the hell!?!?

As someone said today, it is not about loosing, I got used to, but what hurts the most are self inflicted errors that cost a lot!

30 points down... Is that a lot? Can it be achieved in remaining races? Time will tell

Yup my thoughts exactly. Ferrari has the better car. Merc is a better team operationally. They realize ages ago bottas wont win anything with them so they use him to slow ferrari down. They are ruthless. They dont care what the fans or bottas feels because at the end of the day. Only results matter. We are too busy in fighting between our drivers and slipstreaming our second driver to pole. Haha how idiotic that thought is right?

Second, lewis is a better driver. Accept that and move on and hope luck goes our way in the future

1. Hamilton 256

2. Vettel 226

3. Räikkönen 164

4. Bottas 159

5. Verstappen 130

6. Ricciardo 118

7. Hülkenberg 52

8. Magnussen 49

9. Perez 44

10. Alonso 44

11. Ocon 43

12. Grosjean 35

13. Sainz 32

14. Gasly 28

15. Leclerc 13

16. Vandoorne 8

17. Ericsson 6

18. Stroll 5

19. Hartley 2

20. Sirotkin 0

-----------------------------
    1. Mercedes 415

2. Ferrari 390

3. Red Bull 248

4. Haas 84

5. Renault 84

6. McLaren 52

7. Toro Rosso 30

8. Force India 28

9. Sauber 19

10. Williams 5

The lap 1 incident was unfortunately just a racing incident. Unfortunately Vettel got spun and Hamilton's car had an invisible shield and escaped without any damage at all. Had Ferrari had both cars 1-2, or even 1-3, then Ferrari had options to play team orders. But you can't play team orders in the first 2 corners of a GP.

What has me scratching my head was the team had all the data on the Soft tires from Vettel's car and saw they blistered way too early. I can't believe they pitted Kimi so early with the data to suggest his Soft tires would blister similarly to Sebs. However it is possible that had pitted first, Kimi stays out for a few laps and Hamilton still overtakes through the pitstops and Kimi can't pass and gets P2 anyways.

Until now, Hamilton is not winning the championship. Vettel is losing it.

Vettel needs a win in Singapore n ham should finish no better than 5th. DNF would be more useful too.
    Other than that I don’t see ham loosing the championship lead. He’s smart enough to where he should finish in the next races + team is around him. Where as ferrari it’s opposite.

I don't blame him at all for tires. He was driving behind VB. I blame him and team for not imposing team orders on how to take start! Yes it is easy to talk now from behind keyboard, but that is for sure topic for Ferrari in the remaining races!
    should of used them yesterday. They would of used them if Seb made it past lap 1 behind Kimi. If they would of told Kimi to slow in T1 and Lewis got jump on us both, you would all be screaming how useless the team is for calling it. If Seb would of got around lap 1 , they would wait till first stops, see what gap to Lewis was, or called it earlier, hold Lewis let Seb go. Have good gap.

This guy is dillusionaled

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...ewis_Hamilton/

That is why Lewis thanking you at the end, it just turned out Bottas pace was still ok while holding up Kimi, primary reason Bottas stayed out was to slow Kimi as I think kimi had about 2-3 sconds on LH

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    The lap 1 incident was unfortunately just a racing incident. Unfortunately Vettel got spun and Hamilton's car had an invisible shield and escaped without any damage at all. Had Ferrari had both cars 1-2, or even 1-3, then Ferrari had options to play team orders. But you can't play team orders in the first 2 corners of a GP.

What has me scratching my head was the team had all the data on the Soft tires from Vettel's car and saw they blistered way too early. I can't believe they pitted Kimi so early with the data to suggest his Soft tires would blister similarly to Sebs. However it is possible that had pitted first, Kimi stays out for a few laps and Hamilton still overtakes through the pitstops and Kimi can't pass and gets P2 anyways.
    Ferrari should discuss before the race. If someone gets good start or anyone of them ruin their tyres give the opportunity to other n block ur rival..!! Did kimi or vettel did that??? Vettel went for the lead, as always kimi ruined his start with a lock up. Look at SC restart also, gave the lead to ham n then came back. Kimi is very vulnerable at start & race which ham benefitted.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    This guy is dillusionaled

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...ewis_Hamilton/

That is why Lewis thanking you at the end, it just turned out Bottas pace was still ok while holding up Kimi, primary reason Bottas stayed out was to slow Kimi as I think kimi had about 2-3 sconds on LH
    But with new set of softs n bottas on 30+ lap old tyre. Kimi couldn’t pass him ???

It's been a depressing enough day without slagging off our team and drivers, yes Seb made an error (again) too early in the race and HAM got away with it (again) but we ended up with P2 and P4, so not what we wanted or needed but it's not yet the end of the world. Kimi drove well and it wasn't his fault the tyres gave up, strategy and tyre availability saw to that, Seb fought back well with damage, but the fact that HAM always seem to come away unscathed after these clashes can only be described as divine intervention, and it has to end sometime. A horribly disappointing race in front of the tifosi and I've always said it's dangerous to suggest we'd get a 1-2 finish, it always tempts fate to intervene and shatter our hopes and dreams.