Thread: 2018 Italian GP Monza: RACE

Quote Originally Posted by gimeagui View Post
    Until now, Hamilton is not winning the championship. Vettel is losing it.
    +100

this season Kimi now has more podiums than Seb

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    With strong car ... u need wins not podiums.

Well seb either wins or crashes hahah. I dont know which is worse. A driver with prodigious pace but very very mistake prone. Or a mostly slow driver who is more consistent. Too bad hamilton is both fast and consistnet lol

Quote Originally Posted by Otakukim View Post
    Well seb either wins or crashes hahah. I dont know which is worse. A driver with prodigious pace but very very mistake prone. Or a mostly slow driver who is more consistent. Too bad hamilton is both fast and consistnet lol
    I wonder though, if Kimi were 5 years younger...

Kimi 5 yrs younger got smashed by alonso

FerrariSteve Guest
    We'll not win either title this year, Seb is making too many mistakes now. I cannot count the amount of points he's thrown away in the last few races. He could be leading the WDC.
    Sure everyone makes mistakes but he's making far too many now. Giving goldenboy the title on a silver platter.

This wouldn't be so bad if the car was crap, but it's not. The car is good, just the drivers are lacking.

Make that 12 years

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    acting all grown up now hey.
    Good one Rob.
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    But with new set of softs n bottas on 30+ lap old tyre. Kimi couldn’t pass him ???
    Bottas has done some great laps while hanging on in front of Kimi. Like Hamilton said during the race, the tires felt great on that mercedes. Wonder why it didnt on the ferrari, as we usually are kinder on the tires

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Good one Rob.

Bottas has done some great laps while hanging on in front of Kimi. Like Hamilton said during the race, the tires felt great on that mercedes. Wonder why it didnt on the ferrari, as we usually are kinder on the tires

Too much traction with spec3?

Someone on another forum said they saw strange vertical lines on the Ferrari tyres.

Ferrari team has to answer a lot than their drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post

Someone on another forum said they saw strange vertical lines on the Ferrari tyres.
    just wear, same was for lewis front left, and his rears were going the same.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Maurizio Arrivabene: ”Definitely not the result we were looking for to give to our fans, who supported us in fine style all weekend, for which I thank them on behalf of the entire team. After the collision at the second chicane, Kimi had to fight two opponents on his own, while Seb, in a badly damaged car, fought his way up the order. We know we have a very strong car, which was clearly demonstrated by the fact we monopolised the front row of the grid. Now, the important thing is to react as a team, in an orderly and determined fashion, without ever giving up. There is still a long way to go in the championship and we are already preparing for the next challenge in Singapore.”

Kimi Raikkonen: Our car was really good today. The first set of tires was ok, while the second one didn’t last as long as we had expected. There wasn’t much we could do, we had to push all the time and there was no single moment in which we could take it easy and look after the tires. For sure we wanted a better result, but this is what we’ve got; we did our best but it was not enough. It’s easy to say what we should have done in an ideal world, but we did what we thought was right and I think there was nothing wrong. Second position is not ideal, but we take it; I think that we were lucky to finish the race, on the rear left tyre there was no rubber left. In the next races it’s going to be close pretty much everywhere. We keep doing our best and hopefully it will be enough for when we come to the last race.”

Sebastian Vettel: ”At the beginning I tried to overtake Kimi in Turn 1 and 4, but I couldn’t. He opened the brakes, which he had the right to do, so I moved aside and opened a gap to Lewis. Then I had room left and no chance anymore. So, when I touched Lewis, I span around and that was unfortunate, as my car got quite some damages. It could have gone differently, but obviously it wasn’t the case. Unfortunately, our race was compromised and it was a shame, but then I tried to do my best and had a decent recovery from the back. All in all, it could have been even worse. It’s disappointing of course, because we had the pace and we definitely could have won. There are many points to win back now in the championship, but we still have time to improve and we have the margin to recover. I am sorry for our tifosi because they just deserved a different result today.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post

Monza is of less traction zone except turn 1.

7 races to go

if Vettel wins 5 of them and Hamilton will be second, Vettel will have 5 points more. In this scenario it means to win WDC is to win 6 out of 7 races. Till now Ferrari did not win more than two consecutive races, so what do you think, is it realistic to think about WDC? I do not think so, too many mistakes by Vettel and too much reliability by Hamilton. The worst is that this year we had a car to win. I want to be proven wrong, but I do not think I will be....

well I think we also had the car to win last year tbh, but that bad spark plug and the accident in Singapore cost us big time.

Everything went wrong in this race. EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Is Hamiltons car indestructable? He has had contact about 5 times this year and no damage ever whatsoever once.

I think Hamilton was stupid to risk a banzai move immediately, and he lucked out.

And Vettel gets unlucky everytime.

And then Hamiltons pet, Bottas....sighs.

Everything went wrong in this race. EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

I am done with this cr*p.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Maurizio Arrivabene: ”Definitely not the result we were looking for to give to our fans, who supported us in fine style all weekend, for which I thank them on behalf of the entire team. After the collision at the second chicane, Kimi had to fight two opponents on his own, while Seb, in a badly damaged car, fought his way up the order. We know we have a very strong car, which was clearly demonstrated by the fact we monopolised the front row of the grid. Now, the important thing is to react as a team, in an orderly and determined fashion, without ever giving up. There is still a long way to go in the championship and we are already preparing for the next challenge in Singapore.”

Kimi Raikkonen: Our car was really good today. The first set of tires was ok, while the second one didn’t last as long as we had expected. There wasn’t much we could do, we had to push all the time and there was no single moment in which we could take it easy and look after the tires. For sure we wanted a better result, but this is what we’ve got; we did our best but it was not enough. It’s easy to say what we should have done in an ideal world, but we did what we thought was right and I think there was nothing wrong. Second position is not ideal, but we take it; I think that we were lucky to finish the race, on the rear left tyre there was no rubber left. In the next races it’s going to be close pretty much everywhere. We keep doing our best and hopefully it will be enough for when we come to the last race.”

Sebastian Vettel: ”At the beginning I tried to overtake Kimi in Turn 1 and 4, but I couldn’t. He opened the brakes, which he had the right to do, so I moved aside and opened a gap to Lewis. Then I had room left and no chance anymore. So, when I touched Lewis, I span around and that was unfortunate, as my car got quite some damages. It could have gone differently, but obviously it wasn’t the case. Unfortunately, our race was compromised and it was a shame, but then I tried to do my best and had a decent recovery from the back. All in all, it could have been even worse. It’s disappointing of course, because we had the pace and we definitely could have won. There are many points to win back now in the championship, but we still have time to improve and we have the margin to recover. I am sorry for our tifosi because they just deserved a different result today.”
    racing each other kimi braked early, seb backed off otherwise would've smashed into his rear, and ham who already clipped wheels with seb in the first corner took another opportunity with kimi slowing seb on the wrong line. Car has been caught up in development and hamilton is lucky beyond belief
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Simple, Kimi can't catch Ham. Seb can so therefore from now on Kimi must yield to strategists who indubitably will have to give team orders and in very clear terms.

We tifosi really don't care if driver's feelings are hurt or other nonsense. We want a championship and mathematically those chances lie with Vettel only.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    Simple, Kimi can't catch Ham. Seb can so therefore from now on Kimi must yield to strategists who indubitably will have to give team orders and in very clear terms.
    The way seb answered questions today. It seems he is alone in this battle. He said he has to fight three drivers on track lol

Quote Originally Posted by Otakukim View Post
    The way seb answered questions today. It seems he is alone in this battle. He said he has to fight three drivers on track lol
    If Kimi is uncooperative he should be fired at once. I doubt he would defy clear team orders to do anything possible to make the Scuderia win the title.

If Kimi is uncooperative he should be fired at once. I doubt he would defy clear team orders to do anything possible to make the Scuderia win the title.
    I think kimi will follow whatever orders the team has. But i think the team themselves wont issue the team orders. Remember germany? Seb practically begged the team to let him by and the did so after an eternity

Statistically I think Ferrari need to be quicker at four of the last seven races to have a shot at the WCC. Because I think Ferrari will outscore Merc more at the four races compared to the three we won't. We will lose less where Merc will be faster as both Seb and Kimi are better than Bottas. For Seb to win the WDC he will have to probably win five of the last seven. Four might be enough if Lewis has some off races. Three will be enough if Lewis has a DNF and Seb scores at every race left. Looking at the calendar I hope we will be quicker at Singapore (even though RBR might win), Russia, Mexico and Brazil. Merc might be faster at Suzuka, and USA. Abu Dhabi is anyone's guess. Monza should have been a win.

Kimi has respected team orders before and would most likely also today. Seb should never have even tried to fight Kimi, but cover Hamilton. he tried to make a desparate move on Kimi and opened it wide for Hamilton.

Rosberg said it in F1 live, you can't switch places in first turns when everybody is on the limit. If Kimi would have opened for Vettel Hamilton might have also passed, or they would have done some stupid move to crash. People write like <Kimi should have been out of the race altogether and still Vettel probably would have had a brain fade and crashed with Hamilton.

Survive first lap, wait for undercut or TO. It's fine for Hamilton to crash every race from Monza to the end of the season as long as it is against Vettel.

You could see already yesterday when Vettel lost the pole that it hurt more that it was against Kimi than if it was Lewis. Maybe he should concentrate on beating Lewis instead of Kimi, TO will come but he doesn'ät seem to understand it and wants to win every fight on own merit, loosing the championship again because of it
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Sergio would have enforced the team orders himself, he knows what needs to be done to get the job done demomstrated by his ruthlessness in the business world (also sacking half the Ferrari management when he took over)

Since his death the culture of Ferrari seems to have changed
    - More TV interviews
    - If the rumours are true, they should honour the deal Sergio made with Leclerc for next year. just because Sergio is not here they should honour the deal as what is 'Gentleman' about that?
    - The new guy saying something about Ferrari will remain in F1 when Sergio said he will not hesitate to pull Ferrari. If Liberty know this then we can't play hardball as Liberty need Ferrari otherwise it devalues their product.
    Last edited by mizf1; 2nd September 2018 at 19:01.

Quote Originally Posted by NasI View Post
    There are some inside rumors from Italy that big bosses and FIA have decided to give MB and Luis the title again. it has been a hidden agreement on that. MB has, and is pouring to much money to the FIA and they have given them the insurance for that money spent. Ferrari is getting it's share like they are winners. Do you believe that all that faces of Toto being upset are real? But they want some dramas to make the sport interesting. Our people in factory didn't know about it so far. Seb know that now and has no solution for it. You will see him step aside on the next races. This is one of the reasons that they do not give orders to Kimi.

only a few problems with that
    1, the Gambling commision plus other countries simular departments , as F1 has a big betting markets F1 must insure fair play so that would be insider betting fraud
    2. fraud for obtaining the top prize money
    FERRARI In F1 =
    has the prestige and passion for Motor Racing that is unrivaled

Tail wagging the dog.His belligerence alla Hokenheim should not be tolerated. Why the hell he got the opportunity to get a tow from Vettel in the final run in Q3 beggars belief. Total strategic failure IMHO and very poor show we need to wake up and smell the coffee no pusssy footing around, team orders need to be forced to have any slim hope of winning the WDC.
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Quote Originally Posted by Fiondella View Post
    Tail wagging the dog.His belligerence alla Hokenheim should not be tolerated. Why the hell he got the opportunity to get a tow from Vettel in the final run in Q3 beggars belief. Total strategic failure IMHO and very poor show we need to wake up and smell the coffee no footing around, team orders need to be forced to have any slim hope of winning the WDC.
    According to seb, the reason kimi got a tow in q3 is because every weekend they switch orders of who goes behind who, now instead of using their brain and reacting to the situation they remained with the decision to keep kimi in tow, seb alluded next race he should be the one behind but its more of a hindrance than a benefit in singapore to follow another car

agreed with the rest of your message
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)