Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 81920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Italian GP Monza: RACE

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    Kimi drove brilliant in the lead?? He was always in drs range couldn’t pull a gap in clean air, cooked his tyres completely and you say he drove brilliantly?
    I mean that start and first corners, how on earth Seb thought he could pass Kimi there T4, just stupid and greedy.

Of course he did say: " I am sorry tifosis" but yeah.

He opened the door to Hamilton because kimi was more worried covering for vettel than Hamilton he moved over to cover Seb and breaked early to stop Seb going on the inside at turn 4, after this Seb couldn’t do anything he to break as well and Hamilton was handed his place by in team fighting, if team orders were issued kimi wouldn’t cover the way he did for Seb Seb would go through on the inside and kimi could cover ham on the outside. I’m not saying that there should be an instruction to let Seb through in the first corner but kimi should have been told if Seb is trying to pass don’t compromise him it could be the 1st or 10th corner it doesn’t matter
    That isn't the point. In no case should 2 ferraris be side by side in the first corners with cool brakes and tires, ever! They would be one lockup away from double DNF.

On a straight maybe, but with 0.3 sek between drivers it would probably require Kimi to lift and hamilton would have passed him also. Letting Seb past in a corner would have risked the cars, on a straight risk the Ferrari 1-2 while waiting a few laps and gaps to form would have given a safe way to change order in a 1-2

There was no way for Kimi to let Seb past without Hamilton most likely using same opening as Kimis speed would have been compromised
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Module View Post
    That isn't the point. In no case should 2 ferraris be side by side in the first corners with cool brakes and tires, ever! They would be one lockup away from double DNF.

On a straight maybe, but with 0.3 sek between drivers it would probably require Kimi to lift and hamilton would have passed him also. Letting Seb past in a corner would have risked the cars, on a straight risk the Ferrari 1-2 while waiting a few laps and gaps to form would have given a safe way to change order in a 1-2

There was no way for Kimi to let Seb past without Hamilton most likely using same opening as Kimis speed would have been compromised
    Well not doing any of those cost us everything, and we’ve got an impossible montain to climb, but we can celebrate that there are no team orders in Ferrari and we didn’t hurt kimis feelings

Keep blaming Kimi if that makes you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Keep blaming Kimi if that makes you happy.
    I’m not blaming kimi I’m blaming the team for not giving clear instructions, in a battle as tight as this the team has to be ruthless and do what has to be done, they did that with shumacher, mercedes have been doing that without even blinking, and we’re trying to play te moralists, we’ve got no chance against a united mercedes team

It doesnt even matter right now, the race is done... Singapore coming up, easy Vettel win there.
    Just joking guys, Hamilton will dominate the field, and will win all the races to the end of the year. He is the GOAT...

Well not doing any of those cost us everything, and we’ve got an impossible montain to climb, but we can celebrate that there are no team orders in Ferrari and we didn’t hurt kimis feelings
    No, Vettel concentrating on Kimi instead of Lewis cost, and Vettels poor choice when Hamilton used the space he gave cost.

There is no space for teamorders in the start, it is impossible if 1-2 is the goal. What would you say about Ferrari if Kimi gave space in the first corner but Vettel locked up and hit him with two DNF? Yes we threw away the race but atleast the teamorder was active in first possible place?
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Grosjean has been DQ from the race, floor illegal but they are appealing
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Grosjean has been DQ from the race, floor illegal but they are appealing
    https://www.fia.com/file/72438/download?token=tISsFCi-

Seems like a solid decision, Haas had asked for extra time to make new floor and hadn't got permission to race in Monza with old.

Most likely will drop the appeal

This picture sums it up, with Kimi and Seb neck and neck going into turn 1, Kimi should have braked slightly early and Vettel would have had the lead by going around. Also Hamilton who is behind Kimi would have been blocked off by Kimi on the insise line and possibly Max could have had him

Instead due to no balls from the management, Kimi and Seb were allowed to race and it cost us big time.

Kimi was racing Seb hard even to the point Kimi locked his brakes going into turn 1. Just to keep Seb behind

The people who think Kimi was going to let Vettel by later on in the race, I very much doubt it if he was racing him hard
    In the first few corners.

Pirelli needs to do more tyres. Pirelli Blisters need their own color. R Bull cars are no where near Merc, Ferrari, just ask Dan! But for a questionable to say the least penalty, Max would have put one of those RB bombs on the podium. I just can't help thinking; if Max was in Seb's car; Lewis would be out of the WDC and Ferrari would be WCC for sure.
    Seb has taken over Max's former spot as crash , mistake king. Kimi can't help the #1 guy if he's no where to be found up front. Max is 20; what's Sebs excuse?

Maybe we're asking too much from Seb. I think today's performance is typical of him. Misjudgments, taking unnecessary risks and then epic recoveries which amounts to no wins because it's almost impossible in today's F1 to win from dead last. If you add the Kimi factor who's uncertain about his future with the squad and his uncoordinated team efforts coupled with questionable strategies, then you end up with dismal results like today's. The car is top notch though and in the right hands could be a title winner.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    This picture sums it up, with Kimi and Seb neck and neck going into turn 1, Kimi should have braked slightly early and Vettel would have had the lead by going around. Also Hamilton who is behind Kimi would have been blocked off by Kimi on the insise line and possibly Max could have had him

Instead due to no balls from the management, Kimi and Seb were allowed to race and it cost us big time.

Kimi was racing Seb hard even to the point Kimi locked his brakes going into turn 1. Just to keep Seb behind

The people who think Kimi was going to let Vettel by later on in the race, I very much doubt it if he was racing him hard
    Can't totally blame Kimi, Seb is great when out front (well.. apart from germany) but it seems at times his judgement and racecraft is questionable. Someone needs to bang his head against a wall until he understands that you cannot win a race in the first lap but by god you can lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    In 2016 Lewis was 19 ahead of Rosberg after German GP. 5 races later after Suzuka, he was 33 points behind.
    and he lost the WDC to Nico.....so what is your point?? that Seb is gonna lose it to Luise
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Module View Post
    Third being Kimi?

Vettel is only fighting one car, Hamiltons. Team orders will come and Kimi will follow them.

Best result for Vettel is 1-2 for Ferrari. That means that Kimi has to be up there, sometimes even in front of him and he shouldn't try to comprmise Kimis race, eventhou that would mean always not winning by merit but by TO.

Diving on your team mate, that 100% certain would have been moved to the side later, opening a space for your worst rival is idiotic and has nothing to do with him fighting 3 cars.

Vettel is fighting one car and his own head that doesn't seem to be on target
    i kind of doubt that; if they DONT renew his contract and if rumors are true with LeClerc coming in 2019, i think we'll see a Kimi of previous like when he don't give a flying $%^# and deliberately trying to not bring points for ferrari.....i hope this won't happen, but something tells me otherwise
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    SF71-H is capable to win all the remaining races. I am convinced Hamilton will have bad race, and Vettel needs to capitalize on that.
    NEEDS is a big word here.....firstly he needs to have a "cool" head and stop making stupid/amateur mistakes and try to win the race in LAP ONE

Something uneasy is going on in the team and they aren't letting us know yet.

I noticed this mid season around the french/Austrian GP when the team was moving in the right direction yet strategy for kimi and seb was never fully understood. And it just got worse from there.

There were some big moves this year in the driver's market and we still haven't settled ours. Something going here with kimi and I can't quite put my finger on it. The team clearly pushed to try and give him a chance at the win today in Monza, was it in his contract? Is there something in Vettel's contract that has lapsed?

There is something strange going on and this is not how a normal team with such a competitive car in the second half of the season acts.

Whatever it is, kimi got his chance today and it proved what we knew, it was his race to lose and he did. Which makes you wonder what vettel meant yesterday after quali saying "I guess kimi can win"

There is something hiding in those words.

How is it that kimi was given the okay by the team in this race to go for the win and Vettel was able to do in essence an additional pit stop and still finish within 7.5 seconds of kimi, with a damaged car to boot!

Maybe i'm reading into it too much but I don't think I am, something doesn't add up. Anyone else seeing this?

could not agree more.....good point there....kimi was looking ALL for himself and tried his hardest at getting that win.
    if you guys think he was gonna obey orders later in the pitstop faze, you are dillusional

time for kimi to get the BOOT.....or maybe he knows he's already getting it and feeling the discomfort it will cause adn now he's all for himself....

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    could not agree more.....good point there....kimi was looking ALL for himself and tried his hardest at getting that win.
    if you guys think he was gonna obey orders later in the pitstop faze, you are dillusional

time for kimi to get the BOOT.....or maybe he knows he's already getting it and feeling the discomfort it will cause adn now he's all for himself....
    I wish he could fight the mercedes cars this hard, but it never happens

I turned off the TV and computer after the race. Needed time away. Disappointed and gutted at Vettel and Ferrari strats.

Vettel: "I tried to attack. I didn‘t know where Lewis wanted to go. I had no place to go and I was unlucky that everything got destroyed on my car and at his car was nothing."

uh-huh

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmHYY0dW0AITRbW.jpg

So Grosjeans car gets DQ'd

so revised results

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmHV0jeXsAAZ4LU.jpg

So that means with GRO out, Renault will move ten points clear of Haas in fourth, and Force India will be up to seventh (above Toro Rosso) on 32 points from two races, 20 behind McLaren.

Why GRO's car got DQ'd....The front corners of their splitter don't comply essentially (red arrows). Car floor illegal not having a 50mm radius (+/- 2mm) on each front corner when viewed from directly beneath the car (being appied after the surface has been defined).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmHXBiyW0AE2Yim.jpg

Hope dies last, but I have to tell you gents; it's over. Stick a fork in it. Lewis is WDC for the 5th time in 2018. Ferrari may still get the WCC only because Botas is really sticking it up a bit and maybe Max can mix it up in a couple of the remaining races. Seb can't win 5/7. Lewis will not DNF barring some miracle and we can't count on Max to be a torpedo anymore since he seems to have cleaned up his act following Monaco.

Simply put, Seb has made too many mistakes. It's over.

I'm actually kind of glad I spent the last three days on the range at a shooting class rather than watching it all live. I finally got to see Quali tonight and got all excited. I couldn't take it and asked my wife to tell me what happened. I'm glad she did so I didn't have to waste my time.

Barring a miracle the WDC is lost. Shame too, the car was good enough but between mistakes in strategy and Seb's driver errors, they threw it away. I hate the guy with unbridled passion but Lewis did his job this year and got a huge dose of luck. Oh well. Yet another year of disappointment. The worst part is that they really could have done it this year.

Screw it. I'm going to go have a beer and clean my guns.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariDave View Post

How is it that kimi was given the okay by the team in this race to go for the win and Vettel was able to do in essence an additional pit stop and still finish within 7.5 seconds of kimi, with a damaged car to boot!
    This is nonsense, the reason he got to 7.5 was because in the last 10 or so Kimi tires were dead. Kimi was the fastest on the circuit today until the tires gave up.

KkTqKYM.jpg

Look at this, its a miracle he event finished the race

This is what I was referring earlier. Both drivers neck n neck. You can see it clearly there, kimi should have covered Hamilton, instead he covered vettel.
    Next, at turn1 kimi had a big lock up. So In the next turn he should have let vettel through, but still he covered the racing line. this is where vettel got impatient & took wrong line. Ham saw the opportunity & went for it. Vettel did a mistake.

After watching the start turn1 & t4 once again. Now I blame the team not the drivers. In general terms of championship we call it as vettel mistake. But as a Ferrari fan I call it as Team blunder.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I turned off the TV and computer after the race. Needed time away. Disappointed and gutted at Vettel and Ferrari strats.

Vettel: "I tried to attack. I didn‘t know where Lewis wanted to go. I had no place to go and I was unlucky that everything got destroyed on my car and at his car was nothing."

uh-huh

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmHYY0dW0AITRbW.jpg

So Grosjeans car gets DQ'd

so revised results

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmHV0jeXsAAZ4LU.jpg

So that means with GRO out, Renault will move ten points clear of Haas in fourth, and Force India will be up to seventh (above Toro Rosso) on 32 points from two races, 20 behind McLaren.

Why GRO's car got DQ'd....The front corners of their splitter don't comply essentially (red arrows). Car floor illegal not having a 50mm radius (+/- 2mm) on each front corner when viewed from directly beneath the car (being appied after the surface has been defined).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmHXBiyW0AE2Yim.jpg
    To be frank, it’s a team mistake not to clear the things before the race. Even it’s a vettel mistake, it came out of his impatience of kimi not allowing him through.

Look at mercs, before the start of race itself they declared bottas is wingman for ham.

To me kimi doesn’t have raw race pace to overcome ham. Inability of not overtaking other car on fresh tires, we have seen this many times from kimi.
    It was like repeat of 2007 where Lewis overtook kimi at the same corner.

Not a race i expected. I thought Kimi and SV will blow away the mercs. Was very surprised we couldnt pull away.
    Start of the race, I think Seb tried to bully hamilton into backing off, Hamilton frankly has nothing to lose in that, should they both go out, he is still on top. So he didnt buckle and Seb paid the price for that. Rather stupid thing to try.
    Thought kimi did well for most of the race. In fact he did nothing wrong. How the tyres blistered so badly is beyond me. Arent we supposed to be gentle on tyres? The blistering is supposed to happen to the mercs. Felt really bad for kimi cause this was his best chance to get one final win for himself and Ferrari, considering there are rumours he is going to be replaced next season.

If nothing i thought the WCC would be ours this season. Best car on the grid and 2 champions in the line up. Why are we trailing the mercs still?
    Well, next race should be our hunting ground. Lets hope it stays to form.
    Silently, like a shadow

It’s vettel vs RB at singapore. Don’t know what kimi gonna do & team will discuss.
    Unless deficit goes down to 15pts or less by the next race. It’s hard to believe vettel gonna be the WDC 2018.

This current new team, doesn’t know how to win the championships. They want to be fair, F1 is all about ruthlessness.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It’s vettel vs RB at singapore. Don’t know what kimi gonna do & team will discuss.
    Unless deficit goes down to 15pts or less by the next race. It’s hard to believe vettel gonna be the WDC 2018.

This current new team, doesn’t know how to win the championships. They want to be fair, F1 is all about ruthlessness.
    You think they gonna dock kimi?
    Silently, like a shadow

Team orders at this stage is pointless.
    They should have been enforced from Austria when Kimi didn't have the stomach to take it to Max.
    Seb mistakes are a direct consequence of him having to fight his team mate as well as the Mercs
    "I really don't know what happened" - Lewis Hamilton (frequently)

Just realised something
    This year everytime we had a front row lock out we ended up losing the race. Throw in Russia last year and you get the picture. Our drivers don't know or don't want to control the starts and help each other out
    "I really don't know what happened" - Lewis Hamilton (frequently)