Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1312

Thread: 2018 Italian GP Monza: RACE

Quote Originally Posted by Module View Post
    Even in that case Vettel needed to be in front of Hamilton, not Kimi. He only needed to keep racing line and Hamilton wouldn't have been able to pass.
    Yeah that’s wt I said. At that place vettel made a mistake, Ham pounced on it.
    But kimi blocking vettel, vettel racing against his team mate kimi hard. It’s not looking good.

Ferrari is fighting for WCC. Without incidents Ferrari and Merc will be top four in every race. Ferrari needs 1-2's to have any chance, even 1-3 might make it close. it would be insane to start lifting in the start just for the WDC especially as so much can go wrong in the first 2 laps. Survive first two laps keeping Merc behind, then start thinking about if the positions give a chance to improve chances for WDC.

Ferrari won't hesitate to give TO when it is safe to do it, but rightfully they aren't going to compromise one drivers race and risk WCC to only concentrate on WDC. Team before driver.

I used to like Vettel, still do, but there is something wrong with him currently. Don't know if it is the stress or what but he seems to have lost the plot and letting his emotions get the better of him. He only needed to drive the clean racing line and trust his team to make the decisions when it was safe. Ferrari had the situation covered, a safe 1-2

Even if Kimi would have been allowed to win he would have gained on Lewis, and WCC would be neck and neck.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

We need to give hammer blow in next races to mercs. Then only this pain of Monza result gonna reduce. Till then it hurts.

Too many mistakes by both team and drivers.. I fear the championships are lost, though we could nick the Constructors'.
    Trying to be less angry..

30 points is nothing with the fastest car. No more errors and we should get it

I hope you are right!
    Trying to be less angry..

I’m this image you can clearly see kimi defending hard against vettel slowing him down in turn 4 instead of covering the outside where Hamilton was, vettel had no chance to defend himself

https://twitter.com/el_wistiti/statu...171058179?s=21

Ferrari is fighting for WCC. Without incidents Ferrari and Merc will be top four in every race. Ferrari needs 1-2's to have any chance, even 1-3 might make it close. it would be insane to start lifting in the start just for the WDC especially as so much can go wrong in the first 2 laps. Survive first two laps keeping Merc behind, then start thinking about if the positions give a chance to improve chances for WDC.

Ferrari won't hesitate to give TO when it is safe to do it, but rightfully they aren't going to compromise one drivers race and risk WCC to only concentrate on WDC. Team before driver.

I used to like Vettel, still do, but there is something wrong with him currently. Don't know if it is the stress or what but he seems to have lost the plot and letting his emotions get the better of him. He only needed to drive the clean racing line and trust his team to make the decisions when it was safe. Ferrari had the situation covered, a safe 1-2

Even if Kimi would have been allowed to win he would have gained on Lewis, and WCC would be neck and neck.
    Agree. For me, WCC is more important than WDC and that's why I don't get all the team order nonsense. If Vettel kept his head cool I am pretty sure Ferrari would've ordered Raikkonen to move over.

Ferrari like Vettel is also fighting for a championship. They shouldn't jeopardize Raikkonen's race or their chance to win the constructors title just to give Vettel the WDC.

Time has come for Vettel to earn the WDC. Ferrari has given him the fastest car, now it's up to him to stop making silly mistakes and deliver.

25 points in WCC, that's not much. Kimi seems t be a safe podium each week and is covering Bottas so if Seb at least equals Lewis in points for the rest of the races WCC should be in the bag. Bottas has been so lackluster that just avoiding any DNF for the rest of the season might be enough, and at least Kimi has already had his fair share

Without a Hamilton DNF I fear the WDC is lost after yesterday. Hamilton only needs to win 2 more races if he and vettel are 1-2 in the rest and only one if Vettel fails to win every other. Lewis will be thare in the starts in probably every race with nothing to loose as long as he doesn't retire alone and I fear Vettel might throw away a "easy" WCC hunting WDC
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

25 points in WCC, that's not much. Kimi seems t be a safe podium each week and is covering Bottas so if Seb at least equals Lewis in points for the rest of the races WCC should be in the bag. Bottas has been so lackluster that just avoiding any DNF for the rest of the season might be enough, and at least Kimi has already had his fair share

Without a Hamilton DNF I fear the WDC is lost after yesterday. Hamilton only needs to win 2 more races if he and vettel are 1-2 in the rest and only one if Vettel fails to win every other. Lewis will be thare in the starts in probably every race with nothing to loose as long as he doesn't retire alone and I fear Vettel might throw away a "easy" WCC hunting WDC
    We need 1-2 finishes over the next 3 races, as simple as that. The car is capable, the drivers and the team need to make it happen.

Kimi did well in Monza but its time for him to play the support role now sadly as he has no realistic chance at the WDC. So, ensuring Seb gets a tow where needed, defensive race strategy for Kimi to slow Lewis down/attack him harder at starts and Seb keeping his calm (there was no need to overtake Kimi at turn 4, the chance would have come later on). We need to play the team game properly now.

We can still do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    30 points is nothing with the fastest car. No more errors and we should get it
    We have the fastest car for quite some time now. Yet it didn't matter as the whole team (drivers + stragegists + pit crew) kept on doing brain farts left and right in various GPs. A fast car is only good to us if the whole team are focused and act like a well oiled machine. Mercedes is no punching bag, they are a champion team and will pounce at every oppurtunity.

On another note, it remains to be seen if we still have the fastest car come Singapore. Mercedes made huge gains after the break and it was reported that more upgrades will be bolted on the car in Singapore. Aside from that, Bottas has now accepted his role as Lewis' lapdog, while MA still thinks team orders will reduce his manhood. Pride does not win championships. Team work does!

There are 7 races left and Ferrari has to settle all their issues if they want to win both championships.

You guys keep talking about having the fastest car, but I did not see any difference between us and Mercedes in Monza. Moreso the lap did by Hamilton, when on fresh tires, was 1 sec faster than any of our drivers managed in the race until then. Bottas managed to have a fast pace even with 30 laps old SS, which stayed less than 1 sec behind Verstappen. When we did that, the tires where cooked. You guys are bitting the bait Mercedes threw to put pressure on Ferrari and its drivers, so it will bring frustration at Ferrari and the team would implode. The cars are at the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    You guys keep talking about having the fastest car, but I did not see any difference between us and Mercedes in Monza. Moreso the lap did by Hamilton, when on fresh tires, was 1 sec faster than any of our drivers managed in the race until then. Bottas managed to have a fast pace even with 30 laps old SS, which stayed less than 1 sec behind Verstappen. When we did that, the tires where cooked. You guys are bitting the bait Mercedes threw to put pressure on Ferrari and its drivers, so it will bring frustration at Ferrari and the team would implode. The cars are at the same level.
    Yes but that was 8 laps later than Kimi and hence on lower fuel with fresh tires. The cars arent seperated by much but the Ferrari I still think is quicker on normal circuits with a mix of low/medium/high speed corners owing to better traction (which isnt really an advantage at Monza).

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Are you saying that Ferrari Team does not want to win both titles, seriously?
    Well they trying their hardest to throw it away

MA slagging off Merc for using Bottas as a butler

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...ian_GP_defeat/

MA, I would rather use a butler if it meant a Ferrari 1-2 in Italy, instead of 2-4. I think this guy got his priorities wrong.

Also he is starting to sound like Setefano Dom
    - We will analyse what happened
    - Keep our head down and stay calm
    - Come back stronger etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    100% agreed

tyre difference kimi vs ham
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    At 2nd, I agree to ur post
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    MA slagging off Merc for using Bottas as a butler

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...ian_GP_defeat/

MA, I would rather use a butler if it meant a Ferrari 1-2 in Italy, instead of 2-4. I think this guy got his priorities wrong.

Also he is starting to sound like Setefano Dom
    - We will analyse what happened
    - Keep our head down and stay calm
    - Come back stronger etc etc
    Ooo very good points. M.A's and both drivers attitude of meh we'l move on and try to do better next time is really annoying and seems like they stuck and bound to repeat the same mistakes over and over, if there was a pride championship ferrari will be champions already, when it comes to good strategy and team work, quite the opposite, battle for P2 between both ferrari drivers. Im so sad from yesterday and i'm desperate to know that they acknowledge how dumb no team orders were and promise to change it from here on

how hamilton did this much damage and not a paint scratch is beyond me

last year we got a dud sparkplug, is it possible we got a dud tyre batch? with Ham's legendary luck, anything is possible

lol refreshingly sounds like the most unbias article i'v seen regarding this disaster. hard to disagree with most of these, none of the baiting and looking for ways to sneak diss the drivers, just an honest perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    last year we got a dud sparkplug, is it possible we got a dud tyre batch? with Ham's legendary luck, anything is possible
    lol the way ham damaged seb's car you would think he went flying over the way alonso smashed up at spa. not a scratch on ham's car, how is that not divine intervention

If Sergio was around, I bet he would have summoned MA today to explain to him how we ended up 2nd and 4th when we started 1st and 2nd.

The issue is he not around, I don't think the new guy will be summoning anybody as he does not want to rock rhe boat too early.

Therefore we are missing an 'enforcer' and no one is being held accountable for anything. The team seems like it has gone a bit 'lax' and the attitude of winning the WCC and WDC does not seem strong enough. They want to win it but by playing 'fair' whereas Merc are already playing 'Unfair'.

In many years time, 2018 won't be remembered for 'Ferrari should have woni but they stayed classy and lost'

It will be remebered as Mercedes WCC and Lewis Hamilton WDC if attitudes don't change

Here is a question for everyone?

How do you think Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, or Ron Dennis, Flavio would have played this weekend or the team order fiasco in Germany?

I discounted Chris Horner as he really is a puppet and we have seen through the years the drivers ignore team order requests anyways, yesterday with Max is a recent case not to mention the infamous multi 21
    Last edited by mizf1; 3rd September 2018 at 16:22.

Crucified me, but I have prepared myself for the worst. Meaning no title yet another year...In remaining seven races, SV needs to:
    - Win all of them, to be 100% sure, even if LH finish all of them as 2nd, he is going to be crowned WDC - this as much I would like to see, honestly I don't believe it will happen!
    - Win as much as he can, some of those wins must be 1-2, and pray for LH DNF - again don't know how much this is feasible also...Time will tell....

I think this is a lot of peoples thoughts, own goal indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Crucified me, but I have prepared myself for the worst. Meaning no title yet another year...In remaining seven races, SV needs to:
    - Win all of them, to be 100% sure, even if LH finish all of them as 2nd, he is going to be crowned WDC - this as much I would like to see, honestly I don't believe it will happen!
    - Win as much as he can, some of those wins must be 1-2, and pray for LH DNF - again don't know how much this is feasible also...Time will tell....
    Prior to the Monza race I was very optimistic we could get a 1-2 and reduce the lead and nail Hamilton in Singapore, now I have doubts as this Ferrari policy is going to cost us. I'm not expecting Ferrari to win the WDC or WCC. I hope they do but i'm not getting my hopes high and will still support the team during the remaining races.

There are 3 different type of Ferrari fans

1 - Team Fan
    2 - Driver 1 (Seb fans)
    3 - Driver 2 (Kimi fans).

I have and always will be a Ferrari team fan first, I only support the drivers who drive for Ferrari at the time. I liked Alonso when he was at Ferrari but indifferent now. Same with Schumacher, when he moved over and gave Vettel a place in Brazil 2012, I lost some respect for him.

I was not a Vettel fan at all prior to him joining as he was seen as the 'enemy'. Now he is a Ferrari driver he will get my full support aswell as Kimi. However I know full well Seb has been performing to a higher level then Kimi over the years and zi simply can't understand Germany and Italy. From a teams point of view they didn't maximise both the WCC and WDC results.

Now Fan type 2 and 3, who only support a team due to their drivers driving for them don't care about the teams results but more individual results of their driver, hence why a few people claiming Kimi did nothing wrong yesterday and the zsen fans having a different opinion about how he has to fight his team mate and the 2 Merc and Ferrari making it harder for him to win

The drivers are not to blame, the management - Without clear instructions a driver will always try to maximise their own results as F1 drivers are selfish. That is why I think we will blow it, I doubt we will change policy in the remaining races otherwise we will contradict what we said about how we don't hire butlers etc

Slightly off topic but does anyone else think that Kimi's race suit is a few sizes to big for him? Seriously, it looks he hired it from rent-a tent
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Prior to the Monza race I was very optimistic we could get a 1-2 and reduce the lead and nail Hamilton in Singapore, now I have doubts as this Ferrari policy is going to cost us. I'm not expecting Ferrari to win the WDC or WCC. I hope they do but i'm not getting my hopes high and will still support the team during the remaining races.

There are 3 different type of Ferrari fans

1 - Team Fan
    2 - Driver 1 (Seb fans)
    3 - Driver 2 (Kimi fans).

I have and always will be a Ferrari team fan first, I only support the drivers who drive for Ferrari at the time. I liked Alonso when he was at Ferrari but indifferent now. Same with Schumacher, when he moved over and gave Vettel a place in Brazil 2012, I lost some respect for him.

I was not a Vettel fan at all prior to him joining as he was seen as the 'enemy'. Now he is a Ferrari driver he will get my full support aswell as Kimi. However I know full well Seb has been performing to a higher level then Kimi over the years and zi simply can't understand Germany and Italy. From a teams point of view they didn't maximise both the WCC and WDC results.

Now Fan type 2 and 3, who only support a team due to their drivers driving for them don't care about the teams results but more individual results of their driver, hence why a few people claiming Kimi did nothing wrong yesterday and the zsen fans having a different opinion about how he has to fight his team mate and the 2 Merc and Ferrari making it harder for him to win

The drivers are not to blame, the management - Without clear instructions a driver will always try to maximise their own results as F1 drivers are selfish. That is why I think we will blow it, I doubt we will change policy in the remaining races otherwise we will contradict what we said about how we don't hire butlers etc
    I agree 100% with every single word you wrote
    Once again I am stating that I am Ferrari fan, not a driver fan, and ultimately CWC is trophy I am looking for. Of course it is nice to have as a bonus WDC for Ferrari driver!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post

I'm sorry I completely disagree with the original post. You forget one key thing in your analogy it is the fact that we only had kimi's relative pace compared to Hamilton's. We all know Vettel with a fully intact car is capable of much faster laptimes than kimi.. So that Hamilton fastest lap time is completely irrelevant interms of guessing which car is faster. Hamilton in his merc is faster than kimi yes. But Sebastian with that Ferrari is ultimately the fastest car on the grid that is how I see it and if only he can manage to use his freaking head better in the races he should coast to the elusive 5th WDC regardless of where kimi finishes. Ferrari needs to tell kimi to simply stay out of seb's way now otherwise we can kiss both the titles good bye. 30 and 35 points with 7 races to go is nothing quote me on this in Singapore alone the deficit will be halved if not more!