Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 142526272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1312

Thread: 2018 Italian GP Monza: RACE

Makes sense now if true. Kimi was told by John Elkhann before Monza he will not be driving for us

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi..._before_Monza/

Here's one guys.

What's the deal with hiring Philip Morris guys for Tech. Dir. for Ferrari F1 team???? I mean really. MA has no prior experience running an F1 team. Has he ran an F2 or F3 team??? WEC????

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Well, if Kimi had a bad start, then Seb can easily overtake, but Kimi had a good start. I really don`t care what mercs is doing, I really don`t like Mercs racing philosophy.
    Seb could be leading WDC by 50 points now, without his mistakes. We can blame team, we can blame Kimi, but like I said yesterday, it is only Seb who has not done his job.
    Hopefully rest of the races he drives well, and end of the season we have both titles.
    I agree, but when u want win the championships you need team support as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...di-montezemolo

Not sure why Maurizio and some fans here are upset with Bottas situation at Mercedes
    Must be frustrating for Arrivabene seeing the butler still end up on the podium.

Enzo would love team orders, not

When Kimi passed Hamilton, he did let him go, did not take any risk, he was ahead Seb. That is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Seb coming out and saying it, how long before he starts losing confidence in the team like Alonso did?

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...ng_3_carsquot/
    It is downright dishonest to claim that Kimi and Vettel have been running as equal teammates. It is disingenuous to claim Vettel doesn't have Ferrari's support, that Ferrari are fighting against him. They continued to sign Raikkonen year after year just to keep him happy and how often they've shafted Raikkonen's race to help him.

It seems Vettel creating a scapegoat while ignoring the real issue, which is his mistakes and points deficit to Hamilton. The fact is he shouldn't be behind Hamilton, he should be ahead. Here is a simple calculation:

From Aus to Can: Vettel scored 121 points, Hamilton 120 and Raikkonen 68.
    From Fra to Ita: Vettel scored 105, Hamilton 136 and Raikkonen 96 points.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Usually the SF71-H tires go 10 plus laps than recommended by Pirelli. Not the case this time since Kimi was following Bottas, Kimi lost front end downforce and the car slides into the turns thereby causing blistering and finally cracks as posted in this pic on Kimi's car.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Usually the SF71-H tires go 10 plus laps than recommended by Pirelli. Not the case this time since Kimi was following Bottas, Kimi lost front end downforce and the car slides into the turns thereby causing blistering and finally cracks as posted in this pic on Kimi's car.
    Villeneuve had a good comments about Mercs (team work ) and Vettel.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Here's one guys.

What's the deal with hiring Philip Morris guys for Tech. Dir. for Ferrari F1 team???? I mean really. MA has no prior experience running an F1 team. Has he ran an F2 or F3 team??? WEC????
    Won't matter, Jean Todt never ran a F1 team either before he came to Ferrari.
    Forza Ferrari

Erm in Enzo's days the no1 driver would take the no2 drivers car after then crashed it...
    Forza Ferrari

https://thesportsrush.com/vettel-unh...-monza-fiasco/

Is this reliable source? If it is then are we imploding?

I hear phantom pitstops are illegal, but Mercedes didn't do much wrong.

Again same story, Mercedes does break the rules but within so-called "tolerance zone", even though this phrase hasn't been specified:
    Austria 2017 - false-start by Bottas yet within tolerance zone.
    Britain 2017 - Hamilton blocks Grosjean but apparently within tolerance zone.
    Germany 2018 - Hamilton crosses the pit-entry line but within tolerance zone to escape with a reprimand.
    Italy 2018 - Mercedes did indeed do a fake stop (not for the first time!) but within tolerance zone.

Rules should be enforced literally, not according to the stewards' liking. Unfortunately this isn't the case in F1. If driver X crosses line Y illegally then he should be penalised regardless if he crosses it by 2m or 2cm.

Quote Originally Posted by roddick_andy View Post
    https://thesportsrush.com/vettel-unh...-monza-fiasco/

Is this reliable source? If it is then are we imploding?
    Seems relevant to me, it says he's been quoted by Ziggo Sports. You can find the same article by Ziggo Sports on Dutch.

To me it seems like Leclerc is driving for us next year and that's why Kimi doesn't need to play nice anymore hence not supporting Seb at the start. We are in a huge turmoil at this part of the season which definitely doesn't help given the extremely difficult situation we are in when it comes to winning the WDC. No way we can win this with tension in the team while Mercedes is stable.

If Rosberg was still driving thing's would've been easier for us because there would've been some huge tension going on in Merc as well.

As i read previously, the contract with Leclerc was signed by our late president Segio Marchionne. Now, the new Ferrari CEO wants to keep Kimi so it might not be a done deal yet. However, many things indicate towards Leclerc getting that spot. Kimi wants to go out of F1 on a high and doesn't want to play second fiddle now when he doesn't have a contract anymore.

First time I have come across the name Utkarsh Bhatla. the author of this article, but it can be possible that he/she may have good sources.

Or not.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    First time I have come across the name Utkarsh Bhatla. the author of this article, but it can be possible that he/she may have good sources.

Or not.
    Thing is, they are just passing on news from Ziggo Sports. It's not an original article. And Ziggo Sports' sources are more than reliable in this case because they interviewed Seb themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariFan View Post
    Mods.

Can you delete my account please?

I thought this was a place for grown up chat.

All this locking threads and "im a bigger fan than you" " dont criticise our team" stuff is really nausating.

Thanks
    Just do not join the forum.
    Just an idea.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Guys just imagine Hamilton in Seb's position at Monza. I'm pretty sure Hamilton would've just let Seb go and try to regain the position later. That's what Seb should've done, pretty simple.

That's why we don't see Hamilton in any troubles in the last couple of seasons, he's just way smarter since his McLaren days.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I don't blame him at all for tires. He was driving behind VB. I blame him and team for not imposing team orders on how to take start! Yes it is easy to talk now from behind keyboard, but that is for sure topic for Ferrari in the remaining races!
    Why do you blame Kimi about the lack of leadership from whoever is in charge of this team to just pull the drivers in a room and explain to them that #1 is Seb and #2 is Kimi and how to deal in race day?

This is how it is done.

Since that someone chose to think that they can race on equal terms then did go on and say that this was the right choice, that is the one to be blamed.

They both raced on the terms agreed.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

LOL.
    You really don't know what you're talking bout, do you?

Anybody suggesting that #1 on the grid should have made room for #2 on grid at Turn 1 at Monza at the start is not firing on all cylinders.

Swap would have taken take place later. Instead of focusing on KR SV should have focused on LH and not let him overtake on the opening lap and spin.

Do not blame KR, do not blame the team.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Why do you blame Kimi about the lack of leadership from whoever is in charge of this team to just pull the drivers in a room and explain to them that #1 is Seb and #2 is Kimi and how to deal in race day?

This is how it is done.

Since that someone chose to think that they can race on equal terms then did go on and say that this was the right choice, that is the one to be blamed.

They both raced on the terms agreed.
    But what if Kimi doesn't want to listen anymore because potentially he's out of contract for next year? How can you make him do what you want him to do? Sabotage his car?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    But what if Kimi doesn't want to listen anymore because potentially he's out of contract for next year? How can you make him do what you want him to do? Sabotage his car?
    Replace him with test driver?

You really think he would do that to the team? Jeez...

Do not blame KR, do not blame the team.
    I strongly agree with this. A pass might've been enabled later. SV found himself in a very difficult situation. However, instead of trying to overtake Hamilton in an almost impossible spot, he should've just let him go and try to overtake later. Kimi was passed by Hamilton after the SC restart but regained that position quickly. If Kimi managed to do this surely Seb would've been able to do it as well. There would've been many opportunities later in the race. However, Seb just doesn't think that way when he's racing hard. He should've learned by now like Hamilton who managed to learn and adapt. Hamilton was very similar to Seb in his McLaren days when it comes to being aggressive.

You really think he would do that to the team? Jeez...
    Maybe he wants to leave F1 on a high? We can't be sure what's going on in his head. People can get emotional thinking about their legacy and stuff.

Replace him with test driver?
    Not so easy to do, Kimi is under a contract for this year.

If the article is correct ie. SV is fuming about qualifying results "I should have been on pole" then something is not right.

If the article is correct ie. SV is fuming about qualifying results "I should have been on pole" then something is not right.
    Yeah maybe that's why he just said in a cold manner "We'll talk later"

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    LOL.
    You really don't know what you're talking bout, do you?
    http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/20...number-one-two

Maybe he wants to leave F1 on a high? We can't be sure what's going on in his head. People can get emotional thinking about their legacy and stuff.

Not so easy to do, Kimi is under a contract for this year.
    Yes, KR has always been known for being very emotional and thinking about his legacy and so forth.