Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mick Schumacher, why isnít he in Formula One yet?

If Ferrari don't get him into their academy soon Merc will pounce.
    I bet he would love to drive for the team where his father had most of his success.

Forza Jules

Mick is doing well in his current Formula. If he wants to join the academy, he will.

I doubt we'll see Mick in Ferrari in the near future. He's been sponsored by Mercedes since his early days and I think he would remain loyal to them as for now. I think that Mercedes wouldn't be giving up on him either, especially if he continues with this kind of driving + not to mention how attractive his name in auto-moto world is.

But for sure I hope that, if he's keeps proving that he's the real deal, we'll see him in Maranello somewhere in the future.

Micks name has caught up to him now....you got plenty of Schumacher haters already spreading their hate all over the web. Many brits seem particulary hateful....

If Mick is going to make it, he will have to be mentally strong as hell, as the haters will come down on him like a ton of bricks non-stop!

Ticktum questions Schumacher’s F3 surge

Dan Ticktum has said that he finds Mick Schumacher’s sudden surge in F3 “interesting” after he stormed to the top of the standings.

Schumacher narrowed the gap to Ticktum considerably after claiming a hat-trick of victories at the Nurburgring in Round 8 and has now leapfrogged the Red Bull junior driver with a further two wins and a second place at the Red Bull Ring over the weekend.

As a result, the son of legendary seven-time World Champion, Michael Schumacher, has opened up a 49-point lead with just one round remaining at the Hockenheimring.

Ticktum had long been in control of the F3 championship, and took to Instagram after the race to raise doubts over Schumacher’s massive improvement in form.

“Not ideal is the best way I can describe the weekend here in Austria,” Ticktum said on Instagram, before later removing the post.

“I don’t like pointing fingers at anyone but to be honest, this weekend the pace in the car was not there. Set up mainly, as in the last race when we got the car better, we were pretty quick climbing from 7th to 4th.

“However compared to the top 2 no one on this grid had a chance. Even their other team mates who are good drivers were nowhere compared to them.

“Interesting is how I would describe their pace and I am confident many people in the f3 paddock will agree.

“I did the best possible as I always endeavour to do! Thank you to the team as always for their hard work. It’s not over until it’s over and I’ll make sure I arrive at the last round in the best shape I can.”

Ticktum is a firm contender to drive for Toro Rosso next season, but even if he was able to re-take the World Championship in the final race it would still leave him 10 points short of obtaining the necessary superlicense to race in Formula 1.

Latest reports have said Toro Rosso would be willing to wait until winter testing to announce their full 2019 line-up, which would give Ticktum the chance to get to the magic 40 mark by competing in other formats such as the F3 Asian Winter Series in January and February.

Schumacher’s recent rise, though, has put him firmly on Formula 1’s radar, although Toro Rosso themselves say they have had no contact with him.

Ferrari have said the “door is always open” for Schumacher, but team principal Maurizio Arrivabene stated his desire for him not to be rushed into Formula 1 and continue his development with Prema through the junior ranks.

The final round of the F3 season is on October 13-14.
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/ticktu...hers-f3-surge/
    Michael Schumacher - "I dont give gifts on track.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Micks name has caught up to him now....you got plenty of Schumacher haters already spreading their hate all over the web. Many brits seem particulary hateful....

If Mick is going to make it, he will have to be mentally strong as hell, as the haters will come down on him like a ton of bricks non-stop!

https://www.planetf1.com/news/ticktu...hers-f3-surge/
    he already comes across fantastic with a great head on his shoulders like leclerc, im very glad, it seems he has the skills and hunger to continue the schumacher name, no doubt all the schumi haters even the ones on here will find anything to attack him but i hope he joins ferrari and does a repeat of what his dad achieved. Mercs have so many drivers, so many end up with no seat since ham and bot wont retire for years, its the only way i can see ferrari snapping him and giving him a seat when kimi finally retires
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

https://www.planetf1.com/news/mick-w...-with-ticktum/

Mick Schumacher is refusing to trade verbal blows with Dan Ticktum after his European Formula 3 title rival called the German’s recent run of form “interesting.”

Schumacher came from behind to lead the standings in a sudden burst of form.

With five wins on the trot, Red Bull junior driver Ticktum said he was being “robbed” in the fight and added that Schumacher’s run was “interesting.”

Ticktum took to Instagram to say: “I am fighting a losing battle as my last name is not Schumacher.”

Schumacher, the son of seven-time F1 World Champion Michael Schumacher, has refused to engage in a verbal battle with his rival.

He told Speedweek: “I do not listen to something like that. The car is terrific to drive. We’ve evolved as a team, while others may have stopped at one point.

“I wish him good luck that he stays in the title fight. But I focus on myself, that’s my key.

“Everyone evolves during the year. We never stop working and learning. After my win at Spa it was not easy, but we managed to be consistent, especially in qualifying, with good lap times.”
    ticktum kinda sounds like a cry baby diva hamilton, glad Mick is way above ticktum's garbage
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Mick has done it. He's the F3 champion! F2 next year, hopefully!

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    Mick has done it. He's the F3 champion! F2 next year, hopefully!

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk
    yep, 2018 F3 Champion. Congrats Mick. Job well done.
    It's not how start but how you finish.