Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Mick Schumacher, why isn’t he in Formula One yet?

Sure are a lot of Lewis fans around here, you might want to head off to the Autosport forum that place is 99% Lew fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    You can't deduce that Lewis can't do the same just because he hasn't driven a struggling car. Lewis has driven superbly with what he has, arguably better than most drivers would have in the same car. You said it, Lewis beat Alonso in his rookie season. The best possible grounds in F1 for comparing drivers puts Lewis above Alonso (same car, same team, worse one of them is a world champ and one is a rookie) yet people play that down. Here we are with Leclerc showing Vettel flames and everyone is hailing him as the better driver, yet Lewis did it to Alonso and its swept under the carpet.
    You can open (if allowed) a Lewis thread,but that's the last I answer to you in -this- thread about this.
    No, it was not the same team ,it was Ron's team, Lewis was his protege' and as such, they really were not in same terms. Alonso made the mistake to believe that being the 2nd WDC he was, that automatically gave him #1 status, and underestimated Lewis.
    Is Lewis a better driver than Alonso? No he clearly is not. Put them in the same car in a team that isn't biased towards him,and see what happens.

Lewis was put in this position with Rosberg, and Lewis lost.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    Sure are a lot of Lewis fans around here, you might want to head off to the Autosport forum that place is 99% Lew fanboys.
    This a Ferrari forum and we obviously support our own drivers. Personally, I believe Leclerc is the best driver on the grid

And back on topic, looks like there's a chance Mick Schumacher could be driving for Alfa Romeo next year alongside Raikkonen?

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    This a Ferrari forum and we obviously support our own drivers. Personally, I believe Leclerc is the best driver on the grid

And back on topic, looks like there's a chance Mick Schumacher could be driving for Alfa Romeo next year alongside Raikkonen?
    Yes, and that would be a really good pairing, should put strain on him and that's a good thing.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Good ol Kimi stuck around for 2 generations of Schumachers. Be interesting to see if Mick has the speed or the smarts to keep up with him in his debut.

Are there? Can you name at least two? (I would hope of course that you understand the difference between being logical/realistic and being a fan.)
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    You can open (if allowed) a Lewis thread,but that's the last I answer to you in -this- thread about this.
    No, it was not the same team ,it was Ron's team, Lewis was his protege' and as such, they really were not in same terms. Alonso made the mistake to believe that being the 2nd WDC he was, that automatically gave him #1 status, and underestimated Lewis.
    Is Lewis a better driver than Alonso? No he clearly is not. Put them in the same car in a team that isn't biased towards him,and see what happens.

Lewis was put in this position with Rosberg, and Lewis lost.
    1. Do you also tell the people who constantly criticise Lewis here to open a Lewis thread, or are you just being a hypocrite?
    2. Say what you want, the fact is rookie Lewis beat 2 x world champ Alonso in the same machinery. (Just for fun: Leclerc beat Vettel in a team that was biased towards Vettel.)
    3. You would have to be very biased and illogical to ignore the fact of no. 2 above to say Alonso is clearly better than Lewis. At best you can say we don't know and we probably never will.
    4. Rosberg beat Hamilton once. Hamilton beat Rosberg twice.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Good ol Kimi stuck around for 2 generations of Schumachers. Be interesting to see if Mick has the speed or the smarts to keep up with him in his debut.
    Yeah that's special that. He reckons Mick is an exact copy of his father. Let's hope that becomes true on track as well.
    Forza Ferrari

+1
    Forza Ferrari

Yep. I reckon Giovinazzi would either be a Ferrari sim driver or would be driving for the rumoured Ferrari Indy/WEC team.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

1. Do you also tell the people who constantly criticise Lewis here to open a Lewis thread, or are you just being a hypocrite? .
    As rule of thumb we are talking about ferrari here. Just ask brembo. So answer is yes.
    2. Say what you want, the fact is rookie Lewis beat 2 x world champ Alonso in the same machinery. (Just for fun: Leclerc beat Vettel in a team that was biased towards Vettel.)
    Charles beating seb in his first year in Ferrari a 4year WDC who had ferrari built around him and was an undisputed #1 at the beginning of the year was a much more impressive feat than what Lewis did.
    Lewis had the support of Ron Dennis who was his patron ever since he was 4 yold.
    3. You would have to be very biased and illogical to ignore the fact of no. 2 above to say Alonso is clearly better than Lewis. At best you can say we don't know and we probably never will..
    I think you need to rethink your argument.
    4. Rosberg beat Hamilton once. Hamilton beat Rosberg twice.
    Yet he got beaten , no ?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Giovinazzi fits in as the Ferrari 3rd driver like hand in glove for next season. He could be in Maranello doing all the sims work and be on standby. I assume he also has a solid future as a Ferrari GT driver ahead of him. Decent driver but not Ferrari material as a regular driver. That being said, he could easily be our reserve for all the decade while forging an impressive sports car career in the meantime. If we would go for IndyCar (I really hope we do), I don't think he'll be at the top of that list. Then I see us going for someone like Colton Herta, Alexander Rossi or Josef Newgarden if that day comes. No IndyCar driver would say no to Ferrari after all. Giovinazzi might get a second driver role, but I think a Ferrari junior is more likely to get that nod if we indeed to enter for 2023 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Giovinazzi fits in as the Ferrari 3rd driver like hand in glove for next season. He could be in Maranello doing all the sims work and be on standby. I assume he also has a solid future as a Ferrari GT driver ahead of him. Decent driver but not Ferrari material as a regular driver. That being said, he could easily be our reserve for all the decade while forging an impressive sports car career in the meantime. If we would go for IndyCar (I really hope we do), I don't think he'll be at the top of that list. Then I see us going for someone like Colton Herta, Alexander Rossi or Josef Newgarden if that day comes. No IndyCar driver would say no to Ferrari after all. Giovinazzi might get a second driver role, but I think a Ferrari junior is more likely to get that nod if we indeed to enter for 2023 or something.
    Yeah, that would be good too. Marchionne was more than pleased with his role as the development driver in 2017 and 2018.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    As rule of thumb we are talking about ferrari here. Just ask brembo. So answer is yes.

Charles beating seb in his first year in Ferrari a 4year WDC who had ferrari built around him and was an undisputed #1 at the beginning of the year was a much more impressive feat than what Lewis did.
    Lewis had the support of Ron Dennis who was his patron ever since he was 4 yold.

I think you need to rethink your argument.

Yet he got beaten , no ?

1. Good man.
    2. Are you suggesting that Ron's support made Alonso's car slower?
    3. I have rethought the argument. It still stands.
    4. Yes he did.
    Forza Ferrari

1. Good man.
    3. I have rethought the argument. It still stands.
    4. Yes he did.
    I am suggesting that lewis had preferential treatment, the exact opposite to what charles had.
    So no 2. Does not stand...

4. Yes he did.
    2. Ron favored Lewis over Alonso who was a 2x WDC. It was demoralizing for Alonso.....so Alonso tried to get even....hence spygate. Remember Alonso's tactic at the pit stop before Lewis??

4. Malaysia 2016....Lewis had a DNF.....Nico had no DNF's in 2016. Had Lewis had NOT had the DNF in Malaysia, Lewis would have won 2016. That's the only difference between Nico vs. Lewis in 2016.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

4. Malaysia 2016....Lewis had a DNF.....Nico had no DNF's in 2016. Had Lewis had NOT had the DNF in Malaysia, Lewis would have won 2016. That's the only difference between Nico vs. Lewis in 2016.
    If Lewis Hamilton did not have an engine failure Rosberg would not have driven the last 4 or 5 races with the sole purpose of finishing second which was all he needed to win the title while nurturing his engine. He would have to go flat out instead. Its far from certain the races would have ended the same in that instance. Rosberg handled it smart.
    Last edited by Lesky; 11th October 2020 at 05:26.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    If Lewis Hamilton did not have an engine failure Rosberg would not have driven the last 4 or 5 races with the sole purpose of finishing second which was all he needed to win the title while nurturing his engine. He would have to go flat out instead. Its far from certain the races would have ended the same in that instance. Rosberg handled it smart.
    With Lewis's DNF, Rosberg finished the year with 385pts.........Leiwis finished with 380pts. Had Lewis not had the DNF, Lewis would have won 2016.

With Lewis's DNF, Rosberg finished the year with 385pts.........Leiwis finished with 380pts. Had Lewis not had the DNF, Lewis would have won 2016.
    How could 'THE CAR !" DNF ?? !00% agree with you . It was Lewis WDC if the "CAR!" held up.

Mick giving Lewis that helmet was as good as it gets ! What a honorable thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Mick giving Lewis that helmet was as good as it gets ! What a honorable thing to do.
    It may have been honourable but it must have been through gritted teeth! And on home ground too, that hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    It may have been honourable but it must have been through gritted teeth! And on home ground too, that hurts.
    I would've done it behind closed doors with Toto and Lewis in the room. I would've set up a meeting. It's not all about Lewis which is the statement I would have made with Toto in the room.

I would've done it behind closed doors with Toto and Lewis in the room. I would've set up a meeting. It's not all about Lewis which is the statement I would have made with Toto in the room.
    Michael would be the first to congrat Lewis for reaching his record. It's not all about Lewis winning 91 races errmmm what lol are you going to say it was the car? in that case you could strike a lot of GP wins from every single driver to ever win races.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Michael would be the first to congrat Lewis for reaching his record. It's not all about Lewis winning 91 races errmmm what lol are you going to say it was the car? in that case you could strike a lot of GP wins from every single driver to ever win races.[/
    Quit broadstrocking the canvas with a HUUUUUUGGGGE paint brush. Jeeeeez, you really are an amazing person!!!

I'm just telling you what I would do.

Let's just stick to what I said and keep it current. Do you honestly think this turbo hybrid has been fair to all the teams??

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    It made me want to puke.

Nuff said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quit broadstrocking the canvas with a HUUUUUUGGGGE paint brush. Jeeeeez, you really are an amazing person!!!

I'm just telling you what I would do.

Let's just stick to what I said and keep it current. Do you honestly think this turbo hybrid has been fair to all the teams??
    Well at least we can tell how much of a classy guy you are
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...b33c0ecf51.jpg

Nuff said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lewis can't help winning pole pos. most every race. It can't be held against his 91 wins. There was a time when the most poles was a big record also. I'm sure Michael tried his best to do pole + wins every race. Will Lewis look bad to F-1 fans for passing 100 poles? So now fans here can say when ever Lewis wins, " It's the Car! It's because he was on pole again !" Winning from pole is not a true win!! If Mick could and did show respect to Lewis at such an emotional time, so should true Michael fans respect his son Mick and the family decision.
    Last edited by Brembo; 12th October 2020 at 08:37.

It made me want to puke.
    At least it is the Mercedes helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    At least it is the Mercedes helmet.
    The Merc helmet being more sincere with the rewarding Lewis from the Schumacher family. That's where Michael wanted to return and truly retire from F-1; at his home team. I'm sure that helmet meant as much to Lewis as the trophy for his 91 st. win . Lewis having reached his hero's record has to be extra special.