Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Mick Schumacher, why isn’t he in Formula One yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    3rd (feature) and 2nd (sprint) for Mick in Spa. I don't follow F2 closely enough to understand the factors at play. How's he looking for F1 at the moment?
    He will get Alfa seat shortly after Kimi departure. I also see Robert Schwartzman will get a seat too probably not next year, but in 2022.

Deservingly, in your opinion?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    He will get Alfa seat shortly after Kimi departure. I also see Robert Schwartzman will get a seat too probably not next year, but in 2022.
    I think he will more likely go to Haas. They desperately need the money Mick's lastname brings to the team. Robert/Callum will likely replace Antonio in the Alfa Romeo. I wonder if it would be a good idea to have Antonio on board with the rumoured Indycar project. Can you imagine a scenario in 2022 or somewhere around the same time when Charles would be the WC for us at F1 and Antonio at Indy?
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Post Spa 2020 results

Schwartzman wins (Spa 2020)

Current F2 standings

Shwartzman 132,
    llott 122,
    Tsunoda 111,
    Schumacher 106,
    Mazepin 101,
    Zhou 92,
    Lundgaard 89,
    Deletraz 81.

Five rounds left.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Post Spa 2020 results

Schwartzman wins (Spa 2020)

Current F2 standings

Shwartzman 132,
    llott 122,
    Tsunoda 111,
    Schumacher 106,
    Mazepin 101,
    Zhou 92,
    Lundgaard 89,
    Deletraz 81.

Five rounds left.
    The standings are even closer without pole position points and fastest lap points (4 points for pole position, 2 points for fastest lap)

Illot has picked up 12 points for pole position for example compared to 0 for Shwartszman and Schumacher, Prema has not had a car to take pole in Q.

Shwartzman 128
    llott 108
    Schumacher 104
    Tsunoda 103
    Mazepin 99
    Zhou 82
    Lundgaard 83
    Deletraz 81
    Last edited by Lesky; 31st August 2020 at 15:36.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Why not give Schwarztman a shot next year? Might do to Alfa or Haas what LeClerc has done for Ferrari.

Grosjean, Magnesson, Kimi out.... Schwartzman, Mick and Hulk in

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    The standings are even closer without pole position points and fastest lap points (4 points for pole position, 2 points for fastest lap)

Illot has picked up 12 points for pole position for example compared to 0 for Shwartszman and Schumacher, Prema has not had a car to take pole in Q.

Shwartzman 128
    llott 108
    Schumacher 104
    Tsunoda 103
    Mazepin 99
    Zhou 82
    Lundgaard 83
    Deletraz 81
    Points is what counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Why not give Schwarztman a shot next year? Might do to Alfa or Haas what LeClerc has done for Ferrari.
    True and agreed....but at times either your last name gets you in F1 (former F1 father) or money. Both "trump" over talent and race-craft which has been the case.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Points is what counts.
    Disagreed. Pole position points is a joke. Only boosts the teams that have the quickest car on 1 lap pace, and they are already rewarded with the grid position, no need for double rewards.

Imagine Hamilton getting 4 points for every pole, lol. He would win the WDC with his pole position points alone.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Disagreed. Pole position points is a joke. Only boosts the teams that have the quickest car on 1 lap pace, and they are already rewarded with the grid position, no need for double rewards.

Imagine Hamilton getting 4 points for every pole, lol. He would win the WDC with his pole position points alone.
    So TOTAL points don't count then according your analogy. I see.

The pole position points and fastest lap points have been there for awhile in F2. It is what it is.

Kimi finished in front of the works Ferrari. Oldest guy in the sport, in a small team, beat the most successful team in F1.

I don't see a reason Alfa should let him go unless he wants to leave.

Saw some tabloid type crap the other day about Gro out at Haas and Hulk in. https://www.planetf1.com/news/nico-h...erg-haas-2021/

I'd like to see these young guys in. Kimi has had a good run. Make way and give some young guns a shot, these guys are hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Kimi finished in front of the works Ferrari. Oldest guy in the sport, in a small team, beat the most successful team in F1.
    Amazing point, kind of like a Jordan beating Ferrari or a Arrows.....who would believe it....give it a rest with your anti-Ferrari posts.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Amazing point, kind of like a Jordan beating Ferrari or a Arrows.....who would believe it....give it a rest with your anti-Ferrari posts.
    LULZ. Not an anti-Ferrari post, slappy. It's a pro-Kimi post.

I love living rent free in your head. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    LULZ. Not an anti-Ferrari post, slappy. It's a pro-Kimi post.

I love living rent free in your head. LOL
    Ah change tact when you realise how stupid your point was...
    Forza Ferrari

I'd like to see these young guys in. Kimi has had a good run. Make way and give some young guns a shot, these guys are hungry.
    Great post! I couldn't agree more. Your " Compagnolo " Stroll is well up in the mix! No trolling intended! We neeeed a podium!

Maybe Ilott gets the nod first before Mick. Mick doesn't have the out and out pace so he will need to be fully equipped and experienced if he ever gets called up. His most recent results show he learns quickly so staying another year in F2 might see even more improvement and will be best for him.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Maybe Ilott gets the nod first before Mick. Mick doesn't have the out and out pace so he will need to be fully equipped and experienced if he ever gets called up. His most recent results show he learns quickly so staying another year in F2 might see even more improvement and will be best for him.

I think it's his maturity and the way he's adapted himself this year that makes him a good candidate for the move to F1. Of course this might also mean he lacks outright speed but he seems to have pretty decent speed and has some overtaking skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Great post! I couldn't agree more. Your " Compagnolo " Stroll is well up in the mix! No trolling intended! We neeeed a podium!

I wouldn't mind at all if Stroll or Latifi became top drivers. Both still have a lot to prove though. Stroll has gotten better but still don't see him in the Max, Leclerc, Norris level.
    Would be nice to have a couple of Canucks at the top of the grid. Gilles was the last great, Jaques less so.

I think it's his maturity and the way he's adapted himself this year that makes him a good candidate for the move to F1. Of course this might also mean he lacks outright speed but he seems to have pretty decent speed and has some overtaking skills.
    He does seem to be level-headed. Overall, he's Michael's boy so I have a soft spot for him and I wouldn't want to see him come into F1 unprepared and then have that experience negatively affect his racing career on the whole.

Watching the F2 race I didn't realise they had the ridiculous DRS and mandatory pit stop in the junior series as well

Very well driven by Mick. Lightning start, everything under control. Well done.

Yes well driven by Mick, a fortunate way to take the lead of the race but he did the job and brought the car home first.

The older he gets the more like his dad he sounds!
    Last edited by 458 Italia; 5th September 2020 at 15:47.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Watching the F2 race I didn't realise they had the ridiculous DRS and mandatory pit stop in the junior series as well
    This F2 series is far better than F1, but even they spoiled it.

At least something to be happy about! Go Mick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Yes well driven by Mick, a fortunate way to take the lead of the race but he did the job and brought the car home first.

The older he gets the more like his dad he sounds!
    That’s 17 years since a Schumacher won at Monza. �� Very happy for Mick. I REALLY hope Michael saw that.

What's the F2 standings now? I think he would be within single digits to Shwartzman now. This year's F2 is much much better than F1. Liberty would be better off marketing that to the TV audience while broadcasting the F1 ones on YouTube.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

That’s 17 years since a Schumacher won at Monza. �� Very happy for Mick. I REALLY hope Michael saw that.
    Didn't see the start, that's impressive!

In his interview he said hello to home so maybe a nod to his dad watching.

That’s 17 years since a Schumacher won at Monza. í*½í¹‚ Very happy for Mick. I REALLY hope Michael saw that.
    14 years :) Michael won in 2006.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    What's the F2 standings now? I think he would be within single digits to Shwartzman now. This year's F2 is much much better than F1. Liberty would be better off marketing that to the TV audience while broadcasting the F1 ones on YouTube.
    Top 3 separated by 3 or 4 points, or something.