Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Mick Schumacher, why isn’t he in Formula One yet?

Current standings:

Schumacher 186
    ILott 168
    Lundgaard 145
    Tsunoda 145
    Schwartzman 140
    Mazepin 133

Standing without bonus points:

Schumacher 182
    ILott 146
    Lundgaard 137
    Schwartzman 136
    Tsunoda 133
    Mazepin 129

Bonus points gained:

+ 18 Illot
    + 12 Tsunoda
    + 10 Zhou
    + 8 Lundgaard
    + 4 Mazepin
    + 4 Shwartzman
    + 4 Schumacher
    + 2 Deletraz
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Still a long way and it's still a bit tight but I'm quietly optimistic. I'm trying not to get too excited too soon.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Drama...
    ---

Four F2 teams lodge intention to appeal against Schumacher's Sochi win

At least four FIA Formula 2 teams are considering launching an appeal against Mick Schumacher’s victory in the feature race at Sochi.
    Ferrari junior Schumacher made a last-minute call to make his one mandatory pitstop on lap nine of the first F2 race of the weekend, following in behind the race-leader Yuki Tsunoda.

Prema boss Rene Rosin could be seen on the TV broadcast frantically gesticulating to his mechanics, who were expecting to service Schumacher’s teammate Robert Shwartzman, that both drivers would be pitting on the same lap. Schumacher went on to win the race.

Communication from a team member not registered as one of the 12 operational personnel allowed to work on a car is banned in the series. Rosin was investigated for this but was not found to have explicitly breached that rule.

“The team principal’s actions had no impact on the operation of the team, the cars, or the pit stop and, therefore, did not breach the operational personnel limitations of the 2020 F2 Sporting Regulations Article 21.5,” the stewards' statement read.

However, he was given a €10,000 fine as they concluded that his “actions could be misconstrued under the circumstances, by someone without access to the appropriate camera angles and footage, as giving the appearance of operational direction, the stewards find the team principal committed an act prejudicial to the competition.”

Motorsport.com understands that ART Grand Prix, Carlin, DAMS and UNI-Virtuosi are all considering filing an appeal against this decision and the lack of a sporting penalty. The teams have the allocated four days (96 hours) to appeal from the time of the decision.

In a separate incident, Schumacher was investigated but cleared of using a “superseded version of the DRS crank” on his car. The investigation concerned a rear-wing element that was made mandatory in Baku last year to remedy an issue that caused multiple DRS failures in the season-opener in Bahrain.

After Schumacher's crash in qualifying at Monza, Prema re-installed a replacement DRS crank that was the cause of the alleged infringement.

“The stewards closely examined a correct reference part and the superseded part [on Schumacher’s car],” the statement read. “They are quite similar. When they are overlaid, the differences are readily apparent, but with the naked eye, it would take an extremely experienced observer to tell the two parts apart if they were viewed individually, with direct reference to each other.

“It explicitly does not have a performance advantage on the car and, therefore, the team did not gain a sporting advantage when using the part.”

Following his second feature race win of the year, Schumacher holds an 18-point advantage over Ferrari stablemate Callum Ilott at the top of the drivers’ championship.

Prema has rebounded from finishing ninth out of 10 teams in 2019, to lead this year’s teams’ championship by 46 points with five races remaining.

https://www.motorsport.com/fia-f2/ne...ppeal/4882480/

Sochi 2020 2nd race.

Mick comes in 3rd place....extends his lead. Race drama in F2...drivers okay.

https://twitter.com/FIA_F2/status/13...270400/photo/1
    It's not how start but how you finish.

CONFIRMED standings after Sochi races - only HALF points were awarded as race was cancelled after 8 laps of 21.

Schumacher 191
    ILott 169
    Tsunoda 147
    Lundgaard 145
    Mazepin 140
    Schwartzman 140

Standing without bonus points:

Schumacher 187
    ILott 147
    Lundgaard 137
    Schwartzman 136
    Mazepin 135
    Tsunoda 135

Mazepin got the fastest lap for the sprint race, but it only counted for 1 point.

Bonus points gained:

+ 18 Illot
    + 12 Tsunoda
    + 10 Zhou
    + 8 Lundgaard
    + 5 Mazepin
    + 4 Shwartzman
    + 4 Schumacher
    + 2 Deletraz

Mazepin got 6 + 1 for 2nd + fastest lap = 7
    Schumacher got 5 for 3rd

Tsunoda got 2 points for 6th
    Ilott got 1 points for 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Still a long way and it's still a bit tight but I'm quietly optimistic. I'm trying not to get too excited too soon.
    Sorry, when I said this I didn't realise that the season is ending so soon. Apparently they have only one race-weekend left. If that's correct then it's looking very good for Mick.

It's really impressive how he's performed this weekend. Drivers who deliver maximum performance under pressure are like he was, having taken over the lead for the first time, are rather special.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Micks pass in race one was the best thing I've seen him do. Very solid pass, good thinking and smart racing. Shades of Michael there for a moment!

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    Micks pass in race one was the best thing I've seen him do. Very solid pass, good thinking and smart racing. Shades of Michael there for a moment!
    Agreed! I love the fact that he didn't just rocket off the line to P1, but that in addition to a brilliant start he also pulled off a spectacular overtake on his way to victory. And also the fact that when in P1 he actually opened a gap to his chasers. Very good performance!
    Forza Ferrari

Is Mick genuinely bad at quali? He's always starting down the grid. Should this be a concern?
    Forza Ferrari

Is Mick genuinely bad at quali? He's always starting down the grid. Should this be a concern?
    He isn't bad. Just mediocre in that regard. He makes up for it by his starts though. His race pace is also pretty good.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    He isn't bad. Just mediocre in that regard. He makes up for it by his starts though. His race pace is also pretty good.
    Well Albon is like that right now, isn't he? And look what's happening to him.
    Forza Ferrari

That is indeed a risk.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Mick, ilott, & Schwartzman will practice the SF71-H tomorrow in Fiorano.

Germany(Friday):

Mick will practice in the C39.

ilott will practice in the VF-20.

Schwartzman will practice in Abu Dhabi.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Mick, ilott, & Schwartzman will practice the SF71-H tomorrow in Fiorano.

Germany(Friday):

Mick will practice in the C39.

ilott will practice in the VF-20.

Schwartzman will practice in Abu Dhabi.
    I was about to post it.... Anyways good that all 3 are getting a chance.

Unrelated but related. Does anyone know why last year's F2 winner didn't make it into F1?
    Forza Ferrari

Unrelated but related. Does anyone know why last year's F2 winner didn't make it into F1?
    Nyck de Vries

He is currently racing for Mercedes-Benz EQ Formula E team.

Nyck de Vries

He is currently racing for Mercedes-Benz EQ Formula E team.
    Also racing for racing team. Nederlands in wec. Also he toyota gazoo reserve and test driver. Testing their hypercar for next year.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

De Vries wasn't all that good. Besides, last year's field was one of the most mediocre ones in recent times.

De Vries wasn't all that good. Besides, last year's field was one of the most mediocre ones in recent times.
    But Latifi who finished runner-up made it into F1?
    Forza Ferrari

But Latifi who finished runner-up made it into F1?
    money, money, money, money..........MAAAAHNEY[song].

money, money, money, money..........MAAAAHNEY[song].
    Right. Makes sense then.
    Forza Ferrari

While I really like Albon, I believe every driver is his own man.
    I mean that it's up to Albon and Mick to evolve to their own limits.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    While I really like Albon, I believe every driver is his own man.
    I mean that it's up to Albon and Mick to evolve to their own limits.
    Aside from Ricciardo, Albon (when compared to Max) is not up to par. He has moments during quali and race when he's behind Max but he's inconsistent.....and let's not forget about the points which Max is way ahead.

Most of the time, Max is all alone during the race. Max is on aonther level.

Charles and Max both are the stars of the present and the future. It is vital for both Ferrari and Red Bull to hold on to them, both of these two are capable of winning the WDC right now with the right car.
    As for George Russell, there is a question mark. His one lap pace is good, compared to Kubica and Latifi, I don't consider either of them as benchmark. But his race pace is quite underwhelming, Latifi having zero troubles keeping up with George and even beating him during the races. Not a good sign.
    Never considered Albon to be anything special. Norris is looking quite comprising, but he's inconsistent. Sometimes he's much faster than Sainz, sometimes he's much slower.
    Gasly was very good in junior formula, and deserves another chance. To me, out of Russell, Albon, Norris and Gasly, Gasly and Norris are the two most promising aspect.

Looking forward to Schumacher, Illiot, Shwartzman. Best of luck to all three.

Well Albon is going up against Max, which is quite unfortunate for him. And the same fate is awaiting Mick, if he goes up against Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Charles and Max both are the stars of the present and the future. It is vital for both Ferrari and Red Bull to hold on to them, both of these two are capable of winning the WDC right now with the right car.
    As for George Russell, there is a question mark. His one lap pace is good, compared to Kubica and Latifi, I don't consider either of them as benchmark. But his race pace is quite underwhelming, Latifi having zero troubles keeping up with George and even beating him during the races. Not a good sign.
    Never considered Albon to be anything special. Norris is looking quite comprising, but he's inconsistent. Sometimes he's much faster than Sainz, sometimes he's much slower.
    Gasly was very good in junior formula, and deserves another chance. To me, out of Russell, Albon, Norris and Gasly, Gasly and Norris are the two most promising aspect.

Looking forward to Schumacher, Illiot, Shwartzman. Best of luck to all three.
    The H2H in races for Russell and Latifi is 6-2 so far in Russell's favour (in all the races they've both finished). I think these concerns about race pace arises when a promising, young driver stays in a backmarker for too long that people would exaggerate whenever he finishes behind his teammate.

As for Mick, I hope the team doesn't rush him into the main team just because people want to see a Schumacher in a Ferrari. He is a very talented driver but as seen in his career so far, he needs a season or two to get used to the car.

If all 3 FDA drivers indeed make it to F1 next year, we'd be having one of the most talented grids ever.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Well . And the same fate is awaiting Mick, if he goes up against Charles.

If all 3 FDA drivers indeed make it to F1 next year, we'd be having one of the most talented grids ever.
    We need a car first. We can enlist and put the most talented F1 drivers in "a" car BUT it won't make any difference as we are currently witnessing with Charles.

Are there any times recorded during the test?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    Are there any times recorded during the test?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have'nt come across any posted times at the Fiorano track. IMO, the guys are getting familiar with how these current F1 cars work and feel.