Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Mick Schumacher, why isn’t he in Formula One yet?

If Bottas wins the next race it will be because Hamilton either DNF's, gets penalized, or falls asleep at the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    If Bottas wins the next race it will be because Hamilton either DNF's, gets penalized, or falls asleep at the wheel.
    Has there been a worse #2 driver? Rubens at least had some epic wins to his name (Germany 2000, Britain 2003). Same with Webber (Monaco 2010). In the very least, both Rubens and Webber had one hell of a character. Bottas has the charisma of a rock.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

You left out if Todt can stop him with some FIA maneuver to not let Lewis reach 91.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Has there been a worse #2 driver? Rubens at least had some epic wins to his name (Germany 2000, Britain 2003). Same with Webber (Monaco 2010). In the very least, both Rubens and Webber had one hell of a character. Bottas has the charisma of a rock.
    Bottas is perhaps at a similar level to Irvine?

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    If Bottas wins this next race you will have to retract your post !!!!
    No.
    If Bottas wins, one of the following will have happened.
    A. Lewis will have DNF
    B. Lewis will have been punished ergo he will not be able to catch him so Toto will order Bottas to "play the team game" (ie. demand Bottas to be #2)
    C. Lewis will not compete altogether .
    D. Some sort of last moment misunderstanding?

At any rate you know just like I do, Bottas is the perfect Reubens :D
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

You left out if Todt can stop him with some FIA maneuver to not let Lewis reach 91.
    Todt has other things to do, seriously, you need help.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Bottas is perhaps at a similar level to Irvine?
    No, Irvine was a charming guy, hell , Kimi is funnier (and better driver) than Bottas.

https://scuderiafans.com/alfa-romeo-...nen-on-friday/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    No, Irvine was a charming guy, hell , Kimi is funnier (and better driver) than Bottas.
    I mean in terms of his driving level.

So y'all are saying Bottas is a bad driver just because he can't beat Lewis?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

This thread sure has evolved, hasn't it?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    So y'all are saying Bottas is a bad driver just because he can't beat Lewis?
    According to this site, Lewis is just an average driver, so it's not that surprising. I bet when Alonso was driving for Renault and Mclaren, people here also regarded him as "average" and attributed his success over Schumacher to 'better cars', but not because Alonso was a driver capable of beating Schumacher.

Apart from Charles and Max, there is no one out there who can match Hamilton in the same car. If Hamilton was a Ferrari driver, many here would've proclaimed him as the 'best ever'. Of course the few closet racists here would've found some ways to criticize him, probably would've said something hogwash about his life style. But no one would've ever criticized driver Hamilton, just like the Alonso haters who had nothing bad to say about Alonso's on track performance as a Ferrari driver.

Dont know how you infer all that by a few posts saying Bottas is Mercs designated number 2 driver.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    I mean in terms of his driving level.
    Irvine had the best logic that he said proved he was the second best driver after Schumacher. It was pretty funny. Irvine was a character for sure.

Todt has other things to do, seriously, you need help.
    FIA Todt will always need help explaining how 10 sec race and two point lic. penalty try on Lewis for a practice error his team made was OK with him. Todt wants to at least be able to say he tried to go out as FIA boss without Lewis doing 91 wins. And even that 7th WDC. with those lic. points reaching the limit. I'm sure Brawn will do what he can to calm him down.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    According to this site, Lewis is just an average driver, so it's not that surprising. I bet when Alonso was driving for Renault and Mclaren, people here also regarded him as "average" and attributed his success over Schumacher to 'better cars', but not because Alonso was a driver capable of beating Schumacher.

Apart from Charles and Max, there is no one out there who can match Hamilton in the same car. If Hamilton was a Ferrari driver, many here would've proclaimed him as the 'best ever'. Of course the few closet racists here would've found some ways to criticize him, probably would've said something hogwash about his life style. But no one would've ever criticized driver Hamilton, just like the Alonso haters who had nothing bad to say about Alonso's on track performance as a Ferrari driver.
    +1

It's pathetic, really.
    Forza Ferrari

Dont know how you infer all that by a few posts saying Bottas is Mercs designated number 2 driver.
    A few? Lol come on.
    Forza Ferrari

FIA Todt will always need help explaining how 10 sec race and two point lic. penalty try on Lewis for a practice error his team made was OK with him. Todt wants to at least be able to say he tried to go out as FIA boss without Lewis doing 91 wins. And even that 7th WDC. with those lic. points reaching the limit. I'm sure Brawn will do what he can to calm him down.
    It should be 4 points that were cut down to 2 then got redacted lol

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

More like he is a really fast driver but not a GOAT.
    Reasons explained numerous times

Whether he is the GOAT or not is debatable. It's basically impossible to say "the" for certain, since it's impossible to compare drivers from different eras. But he's surely up there. There's very little more he can do.

[QUOTE=aroutis;1035502]More like he is a really fast driver but not a GOAT.

Numerous times explained: It's the car not Lewis. Bottas is his #2 team mate. Lewis was driving for Williams with Max as a team mate and winning # 91 and # 7 WDC would be the only way he could qualify as a GOAT.

Nah bro, let's be real. Many comments here suggest that Lewis is not a great driver, that he's not one of the best, that he's not in the league of the likes of Alonso and Schumacher. It's not even about whether he's the GOAT or not, folks on here don't rate him highly at all.

And folks here say Hamilton is beating Bottas because Bottas is useless and not because Hamilton is brilliant. Again, it's not even about the GOAT debate.

Quick quiz. Do you think Hamilton is equal to, less than or greater than Alonso?
    Forza Ferrari

Nah bro, let's be real. Many comments here suggest that Lewis is not a great driver, that he's not one of the best, that he's not in the league of the likes of Alonso and Schumacher. It's not even about whether he's the GOAT or not, folks on here don't rate him highly at all.

And folks here say Hamilton is beating Bottas because Bottas is useless and not because Hamilton is brilliant. Again, it's not even about the GOAT debate.

Quick quiz. Do you think Hamilton is equal to, less than or greater than Alonso?
    Lewis in my eyes beat Alonso in their year in McLaren but then Alonso treated this case quite poorly but then this kind of thinking got him to burn bridges with all top teams in F1.
    However Lewis is also not a better driver than Alonso overall as Alonso can overdrive a relatively bad car as he has proven times and times again. Lewis on the other hand ?

[QUOTE=Brembo;1035507]

Numerous times explained: It's the car not Lewis. Bottas is his #2 team mate. Lewis was driving for Williams with Max as a team mate and winning # 91 and # 7 WDC would be the only way he could qualify as a GOAT.
    By all means if you can articulate a meaningful answer that contains arguments, by all means , thing is you never do.

Whether he is the GOAT or not is debatable. It's basically impossible to say "the" for certain, since it's impossible to compare drivers from different eras. But he's surely up there. There's very little more he can do.
    Being the GOAT is far more than just stats. Those are meaningless given the simple fact rules change. It goes beyond them.

Come on, seriously?! This is a thread about Mick Schumacher and nobody else. Don’t hijack it, please.

Lewis in my eyes beat Alonso in their year in McLaren but then Alonso treated this case quite poorly but then this kind of thinking got him to burn bridges with all top teams in F1.
    However Lewis is also not a better driver than Alonso overall as Alonso can overdrive a relatively bad car as he has proven times and times again. Lewis on the other hand ?

You can't deduce that Lewis can't do the same just because he hasn't driven a struggling car. Lewis has driven superbly with what he has, arguably better than most drivers would have in the same car. You said it, Lewis beat Alonso in his rookie season. The best possible grounds in F1 for comparing drivers puts Lewis above Alonso (same car, same team, worse one of them is a world champ and one is a rookie) yet people play that down. Here we are with Leclerc showing Vettel flames and everyone is hailing him as the better driver, yet Lewis did it to Alonso and its swept under the carpet.
    Forza Ferrari

This thread sure has evolved, hasn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    Come on, seriously?! This is a thread about Mick Schumacher and nobody else. Don’t hijack it, please.

Right! Back to the topic....

Ralph Schumacher reckons criticism of Mick's talent is uncalled for. He cites the two-year rule of thumb - the first year is for learning and the second for competing for the championship. All well and good. Problem is it bucks the trend we've being seeing of late where F1's current future prospects were all competitive from the get go. So he's up against it. But I hope he's a late bloomer who will rise to the ocassion and challenge for championships.
    Forza Ferrari

[QUOTE=aroutis;1035510]
    By all means if you can articulate a meaningful answer that contains arguments, by all means , thing is you never do.

Then why do you always argue my meaningful articulate posts ? Anyway, I believe R Bull will use a re branded version of what they now have with Honda rather than go with Renault. They for sure due not also want to lose Max. Mick would only have 3 yrs. along side Lewis if he went to Merc. Then he would be the main driver. If he gets the seat @ Ferrari alongside Charles he will be the #2 driver for a long time.

[QUOTE=Brembo;1035520]

Then why do you always argue my meaningful articulate posts ? Anyway, I believe R Bull will use a re branded version of what they now have with Honda rather than go with Renault. They for sure due not also want to lose Max. Mick would only have 3 yrs. along side Lewis if he went to Merc. Then he would be the main driver. If he gets the seat @ Ferrari alongside Charles he will be the #2 driver for a long time.
    Because you troll usually and hard as I might I get ******.
    As for what you say, with regulations changes coming at 2022 I sort of find it hard to see how this scenario would work as it would take massive amount of money and cost reduction does come in play.
    With ferrari and merc more than doubtful as options to provide engines , I don't see how they can go anywhere but to Renault.