Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Mick Schumacher, why isn’t he in Formula One yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    It made me want to puke.
    Mick is Michael's son !! Him making you want to puke is really disrespecting the Schumacher family! Mick represented his family in a truly honorable way. Respect him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Mick is Michael's son !! Him making you want to puke is really disrespecting the Schumacher family! Mick represented his family in a truly honorable way. Respect him.
    I'm sure you know what I meant but good try on twisting it.

The Merc helmet being more sincere with the rewarding Lewis from the Schumacher family. That's where Michael wanted to return and truly retire from F-1; at his home team. I'm sure that helmet meant as much to Lewis as the trophy for his 91 st. win . Lewis having reached his hero's record has to be extra special.
    Whatever you say, man.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Lewis can't help winning pole pos. most every race. It can't be held against his 91 wins. There was a time when the most poles was a big record also. I'm sure Michael tried his best to do pole + wins every race. Will Lewis look bad to F-1 fans for passing 100 poles? So now fans here can say when ever Lewis wins, " It's the Car! It's because he was on pole again !" Winning from pole is not a true win!! If Mick could and did show respect to Lewis at such an emotional time, so should true Michael fans respect his son Mick and the family decision.
    It just goes to show that Michael didn’t have the fastest car, yet he won more than half of his overall wins from second or lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many GP's did our balerina won from P2-or lower?
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    How many GP's did our balerina won from P2-or lower?
    21. Surprisingly many...

Only four out of his 14 Ferrari wins came from pole.

Namely:

Singapore 2015
    Hungary 2017
    Bahrain 2018
    Canada 2018

But Mercedes sure didn't have a rocketship in 2017 and 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    It just goes to show that Michael didn’t have the fastest car, yet he won more than half of his overall wins from second or lower.

I remember clearly Michael winning from 2nd. at Austria 2002! You are right.

I remember a few occasions when Bottas moved over as well and it wasn’t even for the win. ;)

[QUOTE=Schumiklub;1035856]I remember a few occasions when Bottas moved over as well and it wasn’t even for the win. ;)

If your talking about the last race, Bottas got moved over by Lewis. They fought it out! Fans here are now saying winning from pole is not a true driver win. They were cursed with the pole advantage! From 2nd. place start on down; to the win is the only sign of a driver's true ability.

Lewis can't help winning pole pos. most every race. It can't be held against his 91 wins. There was a time when the most poles was a big record also. I'm sure Michael tried his best to do pole + wins every race. Will Lewis look bad to F-1 fans for passing 100 poles? So now fans here can say when ever Lewis wins, " It's the Car! It's because he was on pole again !" Winning from pole is not a true win!! If Mick could and did show respect to Lewis at such an emotional time, so should true Michael fans respect his son Mick and the family decision.
    Put a snail on a rocket, he'll be winning pole position each and every time.
    You want to put this in a perspective, you try to see how many of these poles have been accompanied by a 2nd position by his team mate.

The number of poles combined by the metric I just introduced can be used to show just how strong the car is compared to the other cars.
    And put that in perspective to that other metric (56% Michael won from another position than 1st) shows that Michael didn't really need to win from P1 and also he had to work harder in order to win.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Exactly.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

When all other things fail,it's time for #ratched.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    When all other things fail,it's time for #ratched.
    I have to believe that ratched disgrace will never happen again after it being exposed to the F-1 world. So in all actuality it was 90 not 91. As Ross clearly believes and says there's no way of knowing just how many 100+ records etc. will be set before Lewis retires. Both car and driver GOAT. Merc is trying to reward Lewis with a contract that has a 60% pay cut due to the virus. Are they trying to make room for Mick? Seeing how Ferrari is talking about years before their back to the competition; and Charles in no way will move over for any team mate, rightfully so, who knows if Mick's fathers former seat @ Merc will be the place to go.

I have to believe that ratched disgrace will never happen again after it being exposed to the F-1 world. So in all actuality it was 90 not 91. As Ross clearly believes and says there's no way of knowing just how many 100+ records etc. will be set before Lewis retires. Both car and driver GOAT. Merc is trying to reward Lewis with a contract that has a 60% pay cut due to the virus. Are they trying to make room for Mick? Seeing how Ferrari is talking about years before their back to the competition; and Charles in no way will move over for any team mate, rightfully so, who knows if Mick's fathers former seat @ Merc will be the place to go.
    You're still mad over something that happened 18 years ago, huh? A win is a win, no matter how it's won. Bottas had to be told to hold position in Russia and Germany in 2018 would you not consider it as a win? It's not like some massive sin has been committed by imposing team orders.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    You're still mad over something that happened 18 years ago, huh? A win is a win, no matter how it's won. Bottas had to be told to hold position in Russia and Germany in 2018 would you not consider it as a win? It's not like some massive sin has been committed by imposing team orders.
    18 years ago until today I was a Rubens F-1 Ferrari fan . This forum considered me a troll big time even though Rubens was a Ferrari driver. The fans showed no mercy. Michael won many races. Taking that one away from Rubens was pure unprofessional greed. He didn't need the win , he already was on top. I'm a Ferrari, Charles fan from when he came up; and wanted him to beat Seb as far as #1,#2. So whatever goes on with Bottas & Lewis don't matter to me how they do their team orders if there are any.. Who knows? Maybe Merc feels that if Ferrari did it for Michael so blatantly so can they for their GOAT. A win is a win as you say; even now for Lewis 2020.
    Last edited by Brembo; 15th October 2020 at 08:43.

Truthfully, there is absolutely no reason for Merc to pay Hamilton any more than what they are offering him. Any driver on the grid will take that seat for less. If I was Merc, I'd hold my ground, they have nothing to lose, Lewis does. Whoever takes that seat next year will probably be the next WDC or second to Bottas.

For me, all I care about is Ferrari's records. Hamilton could get 200 wins and every driver record, I don't care, as long as Ferrari wins more Constructors and Drivers championships.
    Last edited by JPZ; 15th October 2020 at 17:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Truthfully, there is absolutely no reason for Merc to pay Hamilton any more than what they are offering him. Any driver on the grid will take that seat for less. If I was Merc, I'd hold my ground, they have nothing to lose, Lewis does. Whoever takes that seat next year will probably be the next WDC or second to Bottas.
    You are absolutely correct in what your saying. Lewis can't take the car with him !! They made him an offer he can't refuse. Anyway 60% is kind of strong to cut his pay. Probably their looking to do a 30% cut and let Lewis feel he did some good bargaining. Above all; I just hope Charles stays put .

Charles will stay if Ferrari gives him a car worth staying for. Hope they do because it would be a shame to lose another asset to Mercs. Maybe some of the upcoming youngsters might be just as good. But I think the days of 40-50 million dollar paychecks are gone.

I'm not sure that a F-1 seat with Ferrari is the most coveted wish of any driver as of lately. Team mate wise Charles is #! and deserves it because he drives #1 without team orders. Charles also proved beyond any doubt that trying an up and coming youngster is a good chance to take. If leaving records mean anything to a driver; unfortunately Merc is the place to be, as was the case with Ferrari. As you so well said, any driver will take the pay cut to be in that Merc rocket. A Charles Lewis switch may very well be the case down the line. Lewis would love to retire with all his records and add in having driven for Ferrari when he retires.

I'm not sure that a F-1 seat with Ferrari is the most coveted wish of any driver as of lately. Team mate wise Charles is #! and deserves it because he drives #1 without team orders. Charles also proved beyond any doubt that trying an up and coming youngster is a good chance to take. If leaving records mean anything to a driver; unfortunately Merc is the place to be, as was the case with Ferrari. As you so well said, any driver will take the pay cut to be in that Merc rocket. A Charles Lewis switch may very well be the case down the line. Lewis would love to retire with all his records and add in having driven for Ferrari when he retires.
    The exit clauses in Charles' contract isn't favourable to him. That is one of the biggest reasons why he was given a 5 year contract and possibly the best decision Ferrari could make.

The exit clauses in Charles' contract isn't favourable to him. That is one of the biggest reasons why he was given a 5 year contract and possibly the best decision Ferrari could make.
    I hope your right about the exit clause. But.. I have to believe Charles has a few ; what if's in there also in his favor. Binotto's saying over and over that it will be a few years for the team to get back to being a top competitor. Charles already is a top driving competitor. At this point Mick is not the answer to replace him.

I hope your right about the exit clause. But.. I have to believe Charles has a few ; what if's in there also in his favor. Binotto's saying over and over that it will be a few years for the team to get back to being a top competitor. Charles already is a top driving competitor. At this point Mick is not the answer to replace him.
    It will b e very interesting next season Sainz vs Leclerc and the fight to be number 1. If we have a half decent car capable for podium, I can see both of them pushing each other positively and aggressively pushing the team forward. It is time for the young guns to take over.

Mick might make his debut with Alfa or Haas but he is certainly not Ferrari material until he proves himself like Leclerc did in the mid-field.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Having Charles as the standard for the young up and coming F-1 drivers is a great way to determine how they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    It will b e very interesting next season Sainz vs Leclerc and the fight to be number 1. If we have a half decent car capable for podium, I can see both of them pushing each other positively and aggressively pushing the team forward. It is time for the young guns to take over.

Mick might make his debut with Alfa or Haas but he is certainly not Ferrari material until he proves himself like Leclerc did in the mid-field.
    Leclerc has more points per race on average than Sainz despite Sainz driving a much superior car (7.9 points for Leclerc on average vs 6.4 for Sainz) even while considering the bad luck and DNFs and DNS. I would be pleasantly surprised if Sainz comes close to Leclerc next year.

Leclerc has more points per race on average than Sainz despite Sainz driving a much superior car (7.9 points for Leclerc on average vs 6.4 for Sainz) even while considering the bad luck and DNFs and DNS. I would be pleasantly surprised if Sainz comes close to Leclerc next year.
    Not taking anything away from Carlos, who I do believe is a very talented driver, I cannot see him beating Charles,or even challenging him any time soon.
    Of course,this is F1,you never know.

You're still mad over something that happened 18 years ago, huh?
    As I said...#ratched;) It will bring peace to him. albeit bit docile.lol

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    As I said...#ratched;) It will bring peace to him. albeit bit docile.lol
    Austria 2002 was not a real win. So the real # was 90 . Lewis passed that with 91! his win was Katharos ! Peace for sure ! 18 yrs passing is nothing. Time flies when your having fun.

Austria 2002 was not a real win. So the real # was 90 . Lewis passed that with 91! his win was Katharos ! Peace for sure ! 18 yrs passing is nothing. Time flies when your having fun.
    And Lewis hasn’t won any races with team orders?

And Lewis hasn’t won any races with team orders?

So far this season it looks like Bottas surely can continue to race to win. What's for sure is Lewis hasn't any #1 driver clause in his contract with Merc. No one has done a Todt on Bottas telling him on the car radio move over for Lewis or you will lose your seat. Putting all that aside; as many fans here agree, " A win is a win! " Charles at his age has a great chance at winning records for himself WDC and the team WCC. It's the opposite of Merc with Lewis' car , @ Ferrari is holding him back big time. I hope that changes ASAP ! I'd hate to lose Charles to another team.