Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Singapore 2018 Build up

No team is favorite heading into this race. Should be close between 3 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    No team is favorite heading into this race. Should be close between 3 teams.
    What updates Seb has planned for Ferrari, new floor, new diffuser maybe? We need them to work in order to keep Lewis at bay

I cannot see anything else than Ferrari 1-2 in Singapore. Mercs has not been good here and RB has not pace. Even Max and RIC said that it won`t be like it was in Monaco.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    I cannot see anything else than Ferrari 1-2 in Singapore. Mercs has not been good here and RB has not pace. Even Max and RIC said that it won`t be like it was in Monaco.
    i think red bulls are bluffing.....i think they will be a force to be recconed with in Singapore.....this is NOT a power track, and engine power will not make that big a difference

red bulls have the best car when it comes to downforce and this track will play good in their hands....of course you need good traction out of slow corners (and this track has LOTS of those) and that is where the Ferrari comes and shines really well.....so we'll see how we stack up against the red FOOLS.....

and Mercedes....well you cannot underestimate them, as i'm sure they probably tried to figure out some of their issues...

but all in all....I'M HOPING FOR A FERRARI 1-2 HERE.......and that will be up to Kimi if he still has modivation now that he's being sacked at the end of the year
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    ... now that he's being sacked at the end of the year
    Sacked?
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Sacked?
    yeah, sacked.....fired/let go/dismissed.....pick one.....LOL
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

yeah, sacked.....fired/let go/dismissed.....pick one.....LOL
    When a contract ends at the end of a year and it is not renewed the person in your opinion is therefore sacked? So by the same logic Leclerc was sacked by Sauber? And Massa, Schumacher etc.?
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    When a contract ends at the end of a year and it is not renewed the person in your opinion is therefore sacked? So by the same logic Leclerc was sacked by Sauber? And Massa, Schumacher etc.?
    well, that was not exactly what i was trying to say....he probably feels that way by not having his contract renewed, as i'm sure he would have wanted to be at Ferrari another year

so yeah, i retract my blunt wording i used to describe his last 7 races with us.

Quote Originally Posted by nhel1te View Post
    After being a fan of the sport for almost 20 years, I am now going to my first ever grand prix, in Singapore!

Flying out tomorrow evening and have tickets for the Grandstand Bay.

Feeling really excited and hoping that Ferrari finish strong here, a must win for SV and with some luck the Red Bulls get in between us and the Mercs.

Ahhhh can't wait, I'll be attending the Quali and Race, not long to go now :)

Anyone else from here going to the race?
    Congratulations!

If your tickets allow you to, go through the Walkabout areas. Though the view isn't as up close as it used to be, Turns 10-13 are awesome--the cars under the lights and the helmets bobbing about in the cockpit.

Enjoy your experience and bring us luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Not this year though but I have attended this jewel 4 times, needless to say Ferrari looks gorgeous & the best car under lights
    100%%%

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Maybe you want to look back at 2016 season where Red Bull was the best car in Monaco by a country mile but in Singapore, Mercedes was dominant, brutally crushed Red Bull by over half a second in qualifying. This time around, anyone could win here, it could be Ferrari, it could be Red Bull or it could be Mercedes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    What updates Seb has planned for Ferrari, new floor, new diffuser maybe? We need them to work in order to keep Lewis at bay
    What Seb has planned is inside him with which he put on one of his best ever qualifying laps to be on pole last year with the second best car.

well, that was not exactly what i was trying to say....he probably feels that way by not having his contract renewed, as i'm sure he would have wanted to be at Ferrari another year

so yeah, i retract my blunt wording i used to describe his last 7 races with us.
    Don't retract a word! Sacked is correct, Alonso whopped Shummy twice, get out! Massa couldn't match Stools old mans $$$ , get out! Rubens complained about the midget bum Todt on the radio, get out! Leclerc finished behind Stool, get out! Seb got wrecked by Kimi Monza, ops !! Wrong guy got kicked out!

You think its a case of "if your face fits" then Brembo??????

Forza Jules

hopefully ferrari uses team orders from Q1 through the races, stupid to let kimi take away points from seb, rather make sure seb is ahead and kimi can be a buffer, redeem last years failure in singapore as a start. no more ruining each others races and work as a team. use kimi as a slipstream whenever possible in Q3 too
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

MA apologised to Bottas for calling him Butler

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...butler_remark/

The only instruction he gave to Kimi and Seb was not to do anything stupid at the start of the race in Monza

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    hopefully ferrari uses team orders from Q1 through the races, stupid to let kimi take away points from seb, rather make sure seb is ahead and kimi can be a buffer, redeem last years failure in singapore as a start. no more ruining each others races and work as a team. use kimi as a slipstream whenever possible in Q3 too
    At this point, I wouldn't mind seeing Kimi take a couple of wins and secure the WCC Championship for Ferrari. Two-Chain-Rapper Douche Canoe is 30 points ahead with luck and the FIA on his side and there are only 7 races left.

Seb will outperform Kimi in Singapore, he just seems to have that track nailed down, but a couple of wins for Kimi would be nice. Maybe Japan and Abu Dhabi.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    MA apologised to Bottas for calling him Butler

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...butler_remark/

The only instruction he gave to Kimi and Seb was not to do anything stupid at the start of the race in Monza
    He was saying what everyone else is thinking, he should not have apologised.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    He was saying what everyone else is thinking, he should not have apologised.
    Yes but given the history of Ferrari, should not have said that

small change to track layout

hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    At this point, I wouldn't mind seeing Kimi take a couple of wins and secure the WCC Championship for Ferrari. Two-Chain-Rapper Douche Canoe is 30 points ahead with luck and the FIA on his side and there are only 7 races left.

Seb will outperform Kimi in Singapore, he just seems to have that track nailed down, but a couple of wins for Kimi would be nice. Maybe Japan and Abu Dhabi.
    i just cant stand ratboy, lol, i dont want him anywhere near the win... kimi usually lets ham go past him quite easily , but yeah if seb has an issue i hope kimi can back him up and win

2nd DRS detection point has been moved 100 meters.

Out of the top 6 drivers, I noticed Bottas has the longest odds by far of making the podium, around 6.00.
    Not sure what that's about, perhaps the bookies are expecting him to sacrifice his race for Ham again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Out of the top 6 drivers, I noticed Bottas has the longest odds by far of making the podium, around 6.00.
    Not sure what that's about, perhaps the bookies are expecting him to sacrifice his race for Ham again.
    Maybe Merc expected to be 3rd best car in S’pore

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post

Yes, Singapore is a Seb track. Unfortunately the rain that is predicted might change that.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Yes, Singapore is a Seb track. Unfortunately the rain that is predicted might change that.
    Well, he did have a brain fart in Monza with no rain. Maybe rain will do him good

Ferrari to run 2 different end plates ( one has more "slats") in the rear wing for Singapore.

About time ferrari brought at least one aero update, i hope it works, its based on mclarens rear wing. fingers crossed it works for seb especially in a possible wet track

ferrari will be hoping to test in dry weather to get accurate data & correlation data