Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kimi to leave Ferrari end of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Charles will win on his own merit, Seb really is not all THAT great, he is beatable.
    Riccardo showed it perfectly. He also had no experience in the top team and totally destroyed Vettel. From the first to the last race. Charles, I do not think he'll be worse than Daniel.

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    Riccardo showed it perfectly. He also had no experience in the top team and totally destroyed Vettel. From the first to the last race. Charles, I do not think he'll be worse than Daniel.
    lol.....if seb's gonna be destroyed by Charles next season....man on man, Seb's gonna have the most miserable TWO years at ferrari.....or is just one more year for him in his contract???
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    lol.....if seb's gonna be destroyed by Charles next season....man on man, Seb's gonna have the most miserable TWO years at ferrari.....or is just one more year for him in his contract???
    I don’t think Seb will be ‘destroyed’. The car is good & Seb we all know can extract good pace from it. RedBull 2014 was a tough car and some talents like Dani, Alonso & Hamilton have ability to extract more from a poor car.

Having said all this, I do not think Charles is here to move over or win if Vettel has issues, he in my strong opinion is here to win championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    I do not think Charles is here to move over or win if Vettel has issues, he in my strong opinion is here to win championships.
    +1

Seb is Ferrari's #1 for 2019. Eventually and in time, Cbarles will be their #1.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 21st September 2018 at 12:48.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Charles 2019 @ Ferrari will surely due what he can for WCC. As far as him doing his best and all he can for a WDC , it will be up to how the team appoints him as far as #1,#2 driver. I only hope the first few races they both are equal which will give Charles his chance to show what he has.

Charles will win on his own merit, Seb really is not all THAT great, he is beatable.
    I didn't say he isn't beatable, I just see team orders in effect. Just like Kimi had to give way in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    I didn't say he isn't beatable, I just see team orders in effect. Just like Kimi had to give way in Germany.
    Ferrari is always reluctant to give team orders unlike Mercedes where Bottas is second driver right from Australia. Leclerc will be only given instructions if he lands in that situation, but that’s an if I’m not willing to bet upon

Yet they let Kimi stay ahead in Austria? Kimi was on a different strategy in Germany not really a team order as such.
    Forza Ferrari

On a more fun note:
    When Ricciardo, Raikkonen queued for the toilet…
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/when-r...or-the-toilet/

So Charles won't win a single race.....oh ok then well if that is true it won't be cause he is no2 will be cause the car is not good enough. Even Massa won races against MS......but if you think that lowly of Charles then so be it, can't wait till I remind you of this next season.

Maybe Seb needs to be more worried about Charles than some of you seem to think which is great for Ferrari not so great for you fans who think he is a no2 and nothing more I guess
    Seb wants to win a wdc especially after this year and especially if he loses it the way this goes down.
    So yes the way this goes Leclerc as a new driver is going to be asked to be a support driver and not push Seb but be a new Reubens.
    He might win but that will happen when Seb will be safe with WDC.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Charles is a great driver, and when Vettel retires he may be winning races. Yes, I get the point, Massa against MS. In Turkey MS lost position to Alonso because of a stacked pit stop during the SC period. In Brazil MS didn't get a run in Q3 and got a puncture in the race. In a fair fight Massa would not have been allowed to beat MS, even if he could have.

I stand by my statement, Charles will not win a race unless Seb is somehow unable to win otherwise.
    That!

"If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Seb is what Ferrari choses him to be just like every other driver before him. And at the moment he is the face of Ferrari in F1.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Seb is what Ferrari choses him to be just like every other driver before him. And at the moment he is the face of Ferrari in F1.

Ferrari chose the German to beat Lewis just as they would any other top driver they had before him. What is the current face of Ferrari waiting for? Dan had to take a hike because of his team mate being allowed to and did out race him and IMO except for the car vs. Merc, Ferrari he would be Lewis' worst enemy. Possibly; he already is!

I don’t think & I don’t hope Ferrari is that stupid. If they see Leclerc has potential to win races & maybe even title ahead of Vettel, then why not back him instead of some pre conceived notion about your hero’s prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    I don’t think & I don’t hope Ferrari is that stupid. If they see Leclerc has potential to win races & maybe even title ahead of Vettel, then why not back him instead of some pre conceived notion about your hero’s prodigy
    Surly depends on the outcome of this year. If he fails to win the championship his stock might be lower and it is up to Charles to make an impression and prove he isn’t a number 2.

Sauber boosted by Raikkonen’s return
    Date published: September 22 2018

Sauber boosted by Kimi Raikkonen's return
    Kimi Raikkonen may not be a Sauber man yet but already the team is feeling the effects of his upcoming return.

Sauber announced earlier this month that Raikkonen would be joining the team next season having signed a two-year race deal.

The Finn, who made his F1 debut with Sauber back in 2001, is already have a positive impact on the team.

“He has the reputation to be a very good technician, with very strong feedback,” Sauber F1 team principal Fred Vasseur told Motorsport.com.

“Probably when you are 450 people it’s more important to have this kind of guy than when you are two or three times bigger.
    “We need to have a strong leader on the driver side. He has very strong feedback, and he’s probably one of the best, or the best.”

Vasseur believes Raikkonen’s soon-to-be-return has galvanized all the people working for Sauber.

“The reaction in the factory was huge.

“It’s a huge push to consider that someone like Kimi could join the project, that he trusts the team, he trusts everybody in the team.

“It’s giving you self-confidence – ‘The guy in front of me, who is a World Champion, is considering that I can do a good job, so full push.’

“I was in the design office when we issued internally the email saying that Kimi will join and the reaction was, ‘Wow!'”

However, it is not just in the factory where it is being felt.

Sauber, backed by Alfa Romeo, is also seeing a lot of interest from sponsors who want to be associated with the Raikkonen name.

“The announcement of Kimi was a huge push also in terms of marketing.

“I think we will discover the impact of Kimi’s situation week after week. On the grid he’ll be with one of the three world champions next year, with Seb and Lewis, and he has a huge impact.

“We are receiving offers from every single area, from sponsors, it’s a very strange feeling. I probably even underestimated the impact. I’m not a big fan of the social media, but I think it’s a huge thing.”
    “Kimi was a bit unexpected 12 months ago, but 12 months ago we were absolutely nowhere.

“I couldn’t imagine that I will convince Kimi to join the team! But thanks to everybody in the company, because we made a good improvement. I think Kimi will enjoy racing with us.”

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Sauber boosted by Raikkonen’s return
    Date published: September 22 2018

Sauber boosted by Kimi Raikkonen's return
    Kimi Raikkonen may not be a Sauber man yet but already the team is feeling the effects of his upcoming return.

Sauber announced earlier this month that Raikkonen would be joining the team next season having signed a two-year race deal.

The Finn, who made his F1 debut with Sauber back in 2001, is already have a positive impact on the team.

“He has the reputation to be a very good technician, with very strong feedback,” Sauber F1 team principal Fred Vasseur told Motorsport.com.

“Probably when you are 450 people it’s more important to have this kind of guy than when you are two or three times bigger.
    “We need to have a strong leader on the driver side. He has very strong feedback, and he’s probably one of the best, or the best.”

Vasseur believes Raikkonen’s soon-to-be-return has galvanized all the people working for Sauber.

“The reaction in the factory was huge.

“It’s a huge push to consider that someone like Kimi could join the project, that he trusts the team, he trusts everybody in the team.

“It’s giving you self-confidence – ‘The guy in front of me, who is a World Champion, is considering that I can do a good job, so full push.’

“I was in the design office when we issued internally the email saying that Kimi will join and the reaction was, ‘Wow!'”

However, it is not just in the factory where it is being felt.

Sauber, backed by Alfa Romeo, is also seeing a lot of interest from sponsors who want to be associated with the Raikkonen name.

“The announcement of Kimi was a huge push also in terms of marketing.

“I think we will discover the impact of Kimi’s situation week after week. On the grid he’ll be with one of the three world champions next year, with Seb and Lewis, and he has a huge impact.

“We are receiving offers from every single area, from sponsors, it’s a very strange feeling. I probably even underestimated the impact. I’m not a big fan of the social media, but I think it’s a huge thing.”
    “Kimi was a bit unexpected 12 months ago, but 12 months ago we were absolutely nowhere.

“I couldn’t imagine that I will convince Kimi to join the team! But thanks to everybody in the company, because we made a good improvement. I think Kimi will enjoy racing with us.”
    Cool. Fun times and great times for Kimi and the Alfa-Sauber team!

Seb wants to win a wdc especially after this year and especially if he loses it the way this goes down.
    So yes the way this goes Leclerc as a new driver is going to be asked to be a support driver and not push Seb but be a new Reubens.
    He might win but that will happen when Seb will be safe with WDC.

haha why would they tell Charles not to push him? LOL does not matter what Seb wants, he is not Ferrari??? or is he bigger than the team now in your mind?
    Forza Ferrari

Sauber supposedly will take a huge step in 2019 which is what they have been saying for months, kimi and M.E might be best of the rest position if all the development works out
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Sauber supposedly will take a huge step in 2019 which is what they have been saying for months, kimi and M.E might be best of the rest position if all the development works out
    Your forgetting about Max.

I believe the signing of Leclerc signals the end of Ferrari's one-eyed support of Vettel. Vettel has failed to maximize points this year and if he doesn't win the WDC....I doubt he will get the same levels of support from within Ferrari as he does now.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I believe the signing of Leclerc signals the end of Ferrari's one-eyed support of Vettel. Vettel has failed to maximize points this year and if he doesn't win the WDC....I doubt he will get the same levels of support from within Ferrari as he does now.
    That might be the case, but can really Leclerc challenge him? We forget sometimes how fast Seb is and how challenging it is at the top. Nobody would pay tens of millions a year for a driver, if the data and telemetry doesn't show he is faster than the others.

haha why would they tell Charles not to push him? LOL does not matter what Seb wants, he is not Ferrari??? or is he bigger than the team now in your mind?
    You only have to look at the salary they're paying him.

And since you ask me, no , I don't believe he's bigger than the team.
    And if he cannot deliver, he should see the door just like others before him.

But right now, this is what it will happen in my opinion.

Of course if it does not it will be a pleasant surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I really hope it is.
    I also hope we see Charles pushing Vettel to the limits.
    And who knows, we might even see Charles performing better than Seb and Seb being a wingman to him.

So GIO and RAI for 2018.....Ericsson will be reserve driver. Nice.

GIO in his early days. His family has future aspirations?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dn8S6hCW0AAavEI.jpg

Would be crazy big if Gio can match kimi or even beat him next year, big opportunity for Gio which i hope he succeeds in, if ME is still test/reserve driver, Gio needs to perform within the year or i feel Sauber might want to try M.E again
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Early to say but I think Raikkonen will be ahead by a decent margin

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    So GIO and RAI for 2018.....Ericsson will be reserve driver. Nice.

GIO in his early days. His family has future aspirations?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dn8S6hCW0AAavEI.jpg
    I'm really happy about GIO getting the seat beside Kimi and to have an Italian driver with a Ferrari engine back on the grid. I feel sorry for ERI, though, he has been improving this season, probably the Charles effect was helping him! He will still be with the team but I hope GIO can deliver the goods.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I'm really happy about GIO getting the seat beside Kimi and to have an Italian driver with a Ferrari engine back on the grid. I feel sorry for ERI, though, he has been improving this season, probably the Charles effect was helping him! He will still be with the team but I hope GIO can deliver the goods.
    I actually think Ericsson is underrated and no worse than Stroll or Sirotikin. A lot of people were going on about Kobayashi and Ericsson outperformed him at Caterham.

Disappointed Since 2010

What a great opportunity for Gio to get the F1 seat alongside Kimi who for sure will do right by him. Not starting in a top car will give him plenty of mid track experience and mix it up with top to bottom drivers. When Gio gets the "Blessing" of a Ferrari seat , he will be ready to give himself and the team 100 % !! BTW only a fool of a fan will even think of Gio trying to out perform Kimi esp. 1st yr. 1st. seat. Just watching him progress will be exciting.
    Meanwhile Leclerc up top @ Ferrari, I hope will race every race to win.
    Last edited by Brembo; 26th September 2018 at 10:32.