Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Kimi to leave Ferrari end of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    BTW only a fool of a fan will even think of Gio trying to out perform Kimi esp. 1st yr. 1st. seat.
    I think he will be able to keep up with Raikkonen after he has a three or four races under his belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I think he will be able to keep up with Raikkonen after he has a three or four races under his belt.
    I don't know, too early to tell. Gio hasn't proved anything so far in F1 so way too early to speculate. Let's wait and see.

I'd expect Kimi to do quite better than Gio, somewhere until mid-season. I think Gio will have a period of adjustment and learning until then, then afterwards I expect him to up his game and hold his own in races.

But who knows, we might get surprised right from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I don't know, too early to tell. Gio hasn't proved anything so far in F1 so way too early to speculate. Let's wait and see.
    I agree it's too early. It's just a feeling. It seems that Ferrari really believes in their Academy and I have to think they're much better at scouting young talent then they are at selecting tires.

One thing's for sure, it's exciting to be able to cheer for two seasoned drivers and two young upstarters that are all affiliated with Ferrari. I do want to see our young drivers do well, because they are believed to be the future, which is exactly why Leclerc was promoted.

It's gonna be interesting how he does in FP1.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

He has few of those, but he was fast in tests, so I believe he will be fine.

https://f1.latestcrash.com/drivers/antonio-giovinazzi/

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    He has few of those, but he was fast in tests, so I believe he will be fine.

https://f1.latestcrash.com/drivers/antonio-giovinazzi/
    I agree. I think that's typical of rookies. They're trying to go as fast as possible while simultaneously finding the limits of the car.

As early as it is for Gio, he proved in F1; he's good enough to get a seat in F1. No waiting to see, he's in! I wonder if he will do as good as Stool? I wish him the best ! He's got Ferrari on his mind 24/7.