Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kimi to leave Ferrari end of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    Glad to see the back of Kimi. He has the odd moment of brilliance but generally about as much use a catflap on a submarine. It's about time Ferrari takes a leap with a young talent like Leclerc instead of signing another ex-champion. Charles has been way ahead of Ericsson all season. He is clearly a big talent and deserves a chance
    Mighty Ericsson, think about all the rookie teammates he beat...

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    "Always next year to improve", of course. Because unlike Vettel/Leclerc, Raikkonen already at an age that most drivers experience fairly rapid fall off and even when he was closer to his prime in 2014 he still massively struggled.

This is Kimi's last year at Ferrari & he's not coming back. You can be as salty as you like but it's not gonna change the fact.
    What's Vettel excuse then??? Since 2014 & over 100 races and no title since you put it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakke74 View Post
    Who mention anything with Kimi’s comeback?
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Kimi is at Alfa-Sauber just in case LeClerc does'nt work out.......IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakke74 View Post
    You can hate him as much as you wan’t, but he is still latest ferrari champion and will be one of ferrari champions forever and nothing gonna change that fact.
    You can save this quote and use it every weekend. But the fact is Kimi has done absolutely nothing since coming back to Ferrari. He's incapable of turning it around, so Ferrari signed Leclerc who is showing all the signs of the type of young talent that goes onto become a champion.

And no, I don't hate Raikkonen. Hate is personal, criticism is not.

Slowest and most overpaid champion for sure. Mclaren handed him the 07 championship with their internal team war. 08 and 09 Massa easily beat him for a lot less money. End of 09 Ferrari had to pay him silly money to make way for Alonso. Kimi did a couple of decent races for Renault and someone at Ferrari thought they should have him back, gawd knows why Every team mate at Ferrari has beaten him regularly. I'm glad they are going with Leclerc, with Kimi it's just more of the same

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Mighty Ericsson, think about all the rookie teammates he beat...
    About as many team mates Kimi beat at Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    "Always next year to improve", of course. Because unlike Vettel/Leclerc, Raikkonen already at an age that most drivers experience fairly rapid fall off and even when he was closer to his prime in 2014 he still massively struggled.

This is Kimi's last year at Ferrari & he's not coming back. You can be as salty as you like but it's not gonna change the fact.
    Some people are not taking it too well I guess, oh well Ferrari will now fall apart cause Kimi is going to Sauber, we better watch out as Kimi will be "jovial" next year.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    What's Vettel excuse then??? Since 2014 & over 100 races and no title since you put it that way.
    Attacking Vettel cause your guy Kimi is leaving is certainly the way to approach this
    Forza Ferrari

Slowest and most overpaid champion for sure. Mclaren handed him the 07 championship with their internal team war. 08 and 09 Massa easily beat him for a lot less money. End of 09 Ferrari had to pay him silly money to make way for Alonso. Kimi did a couple of decent races for Renault and someone at Ferrari thought they should have him back, gawd knows why Every team mate at Ferrari has beaten him regularly. I'm glad they are going with Leclerc, with Kimi it's just more of the same
    More of " the same", following team orders agreeing to be #2 driver to let the likes of Shumy Jr. hold the #1 spot. Whereas Shumy Jr. isn't doing the #1 job too well. "gawd" knew he would follow the Ferrari trend. gawd help Leclerc when he finds out he's only repacing Kimi in that order. I only wish Leclerc will be a Max driver and play to win!

How come Massa beat Kimi in 09 when Massa missed half the season

Kimi was pretty decent in Lotus, no one should argue against that. He destroyed Grosjean after having a 2 year hiatus. But of course, his prime was in McLaren and not Ferrari. He could've been a 2 time champion if the Mercedes wasn't that unreliable in 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    How come Massa beat Kimi in 09 when Massa missed half the season

Kimi was pretty decent in Lotus, no one should argue against that. He destroyed Grosjean after having a 2 year hiatus. But of course, his prime was in McLaren and not Ferrari. He could've been a 2 time champion if the Mercedes wasn't that unreliable in 2005.
    3 times WDC if the Fiararri didn't force Michelin to change their tire construction to handle Schumacher just another championship. They should have offered a fair chance at a WDC to a young driver but I guess Ferrari were too "big" to let that happen.

Anyways, strictly on topic speaking, Kimi of 2003-2005 won't come back and the decision to replace him was right. Next year we'll see if Leclerc was the right choice or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    More of " the same", following team orders agreeing to be #2 driver to let the likes of Shumy Jr. hold the #1 spot. Whereas Shumy Jr. isn't doing the #1 job too well. "gawd" knew he would follow the Ferrari trend. gawd help Leclerc when he finds out he's only repacing Kimi in that order. I only wish Leclerc will be a Max driver and play to win!
    Bless, the grapes are sour indeed

Seb will get over the sour grapes as soon as he gets back on the path to pole,win. Have faith in our guy, he now has the car to do it ! Especially knowing that come 2019 he has to be #1 for real. Leclerc looks pretty for real already

Can someone post this article here? Thank you

https://www.autosport.com/f1/feature...-sauber-switch

Wow, what a thread. Greig & loyal companions making this yet another let's bash Kimi-thread. You just can't help yourselves can't you?
    Class, none.

I understand that you guys want a new driver because Kimi can't win the championship for Ferrari and Leclerc will most likely win in the future. Ff he keeps his form from lower classes, and why wouldn't he? Exciting times for Scuderia Ferrari.

You could still show some class towards a Ferrari driver, who will always be a legend for the team - even when he finally is on his way out from the team.
    But I guess that is too much asked. As the POTUS would say: "SAD!".

Charles will have less points next year than Kimi will end this year with. There, I said it.

Charles will win more races next year than Kimi has since he returned to Ferrari....
    Forza Ferrari

The last two comments are just suppositions.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Charles will win more races next year than Kimi has since he returned to Ferrari....
    NOT if he has to play second fiddle to Seb......aka being #2 driver to Seb just like Kimi was
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I read where the German is anxious for Leclerc to be his teammate and teach and help him any way he can. Leclerc for sure will need to learn how to be a #2 driver and move over no matter what he thinks he can do if in the lead. Real driving wise, he already earned the seat @ Ferrari. He should demand Kimi's same pay, to do the same driving.
    Seb will teach Charles the word " Ferrarista!
    Last edited by Brembo; 19th September 2018 at 05:32.

The only way Charles wins is if Seb DNF's

I don't think so, we don't have a number 2 driver anymore in 2019 guys wake up.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

And here I am thinking it was a team effort that handed him the WDC. Oh my stars.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

The only way this happens is if he does not become #2 to Seb .
    I don't see that happening.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Careful Brembo, someone might think you're holding Max "legendary"............... Shame on you comparing Max to LeClerc!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Charles will have less points next year than Kimi will end this year with. There, I said it.
    Probability is high.

The only way Charles wins is if Seb DNF's
    yep...#number2driver

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    what he said
    It's not how start but how you finish.

OK I wll be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    I don't think so, we don't have a number 2 driver anymore in 2019 guys wake up.
    You don't remember any race form this year when Kimi was ordered to let Vettel pass?.

Quote Originally Posted by barzini77 View Post
    I understand that you guys want a new driver because Kimi can't win the championship for Ferrari and Leclerc will most likely win in the future. If he keeps his form from lower classes, and why wouldn't he? Exciting times for Scuderia Ferrari.

You could still show some class towards a Ferrari driver, who will always be a legend for the team - even when he finally is on his way out from the team.
    As someone who is happy with Ferrari's choice, I agree wholeheartedly.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    So Charles won't win a single race.....oh ok then well if that is true it won't be cause he is no2 will be cause the car is not good enough. Even Massa won races against MS......but if you think that lowly of Charles then so be it, can't wait till I remind you of this next season.

Maybe Seb needs to be more worried about Charles than some of you seem to think which is great for Ferrari not so great for you fans who think he is a no2 and nothing more I guess
    Forza Ferrari

So Charles won't win a single race.....oh ok then well if that is true it won't be cause he is no2 will be cause the car is not good enough. Even Massa won races against MS......but if you think that lowly of Charles then so be it, can't wait till I remind you of this next season.

Maybe Seb needs to be more worried about Charles than some of you seem to think which is great for Ferrari not so great for you fans who think he is a no2 and nothing more I guess
    Charles is a great driver, and when Vettel retires he may be winning races. Yes, I get the point, Massa against MS. In Turkey MS lost position to Alonso because of a stacked pit stop during the SC period. In Brazil MS didn't get a run in Q3 and got a puncture in the race. In a fair fight Massa would not have been allowed to beat MS, even if he could have.

I stand by my statement, Charles will not win a race unless Seb is somehow unable to win otherwise.

Charles is a great driver, and when Vettel retires he may be winning races. Yes, I get the point, Massa against MS. In Turkey MS lost position to Alonso because of a stacked pit stop during the SC period. In Brazil MS didn't get a run in Q3 and got a puncture in the race. In a fair fight Massa would not have been allowed to beat MS, even if he could have.

I stand by my statement, Charles will not win a race unless Seb is somehow unable to win otherwise.
    Charles will win on his own merit, Seb really is not all THAT great, he is beatable.
    Forza Ferrari