Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Kimi to leave Ferrari end of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    BTW only a fool of a fan will even think of Gio trying to out perform Kimi esp. 1st yr. 1st. seat.
    I think he will be able to keep up with Raikkonen after he has a three or four races under his belt.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I think he will be able to keep up with Raikkonen after he has a three or four races under his belt.
    I don't know, too early to tell. Gio hasn't proved anything so far in F1 so way too early to speculate. Let's wait and see.

I'd expect Kimi to do quite better than Gio, somewhere until mid-season. I think Gio will have a period of adjustment and learning until then, then afterwards I expect him to up his game and hold his own in races.

But who knows, we might get surprised right from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I don't know, too early to tell. Gio hasn't proved anything so far in F1 so way too early to speculate. Let's wait and see.
    I agree it's too early. It's just a feeling. It seems that Ferrari really believes in their Academy and I have to think they're much better at scouting young talent then they are at selecting tires.

One thing's for sure, it's exciting to be able to cheer for two seasoned drivers and two young upstarters that are all affiliated with Ferrari. I do want to see our young drivers do well, because they are believed to be the future, which is exactly why Leclerc was promoted.

Disappointed Since 2010

It's gonna be interesting how he does in FP1.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

He has few of those, but he was fast in tests, so I believe he will be fine.

https://f1.latestcrash.com/drivers/antonio-giovinazzi/

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    He has few of those, but he was fast in tests, so I believe he will be fine.

https://f1.latestcrash.com/drivers/antonio-giovinazzi/
    I agree. I think that's typical of rookies. They're trying to go as fast as possible while simultaneously finding the limits of the car.

Disappointed Since 2010

As early as it is for Gio, he proved in F1; he's good enough to get a seat in F1. No waiting to see, he's in! I wonder if he will do as good as Stool? I wish him the best ! He's got Ferrari on his mind 24/7.

The way RBR screw up Ricciardo is just pathetic. Wonder if it was the same when Seb left in his last season with the team. I'm glad that Ferrari is showing a bit of class with Kimi, but he is moving to Sauber, wonder if they would have done the same if Kimi joined RBR for example...

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    The way RBR screw up Ricciardo is just pathetic. Wonder if it was the same when Seb left in his last season with the team. I'm glad that Ferrari is showing a bit of class with Kimi, but he is moving to Sauber, wonder if they would have done the same if Kimi joined RBR for example...
    Ricciardo screw up is still better than the way they screw up Webber to make Vettel win. I mean taking off Webber’s front wing when Vettel crashed was just hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Ricciardo screw up is still better than the way they screw up Webber to make Vettel win. I mean taking off Webber’s front wing when Vettel crashed was just hilarious
    Wow! I forgot about that! Now 2018 , the driving counts big. The track is filled with talent.

I don' t think it would make a difference TBH.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    :))) Vettel did not crash, the new fell off.

Secondly, it was Webber playing the victim card:

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/161787...laims-engineer

' ... Whilst the air has since been cleared and all sides insist the focus has been firmly switched to this weekend's fast-approaching German Grand Prix at Hockenheim, a 'senior engineer' from the energy drinks-backed outfit has stirred the waters once more by admitting that he was 'very surprised' at Webber's public outburst, explaining that it was only Vettel who 'immediately' liked the new wing in practice.

"Throughout the period when he used the new wing, he (Webber) complained that it did not work any better than the old one," the unnamed engineer told Finnish newspaper Turun Sanomat. "Mark simply did not get a good feeling with it, but when there was only one left, Mark absolutely wanted to have it.

"He did not care about it at all when we still had two new wings. We believe that the team management's decision was well-reasoned and logical." '

RedBull has been putting "all their marbles" on Max since Max joined RedBull; Horner too. Max is the future for RedBull. I can't blame DR for leaving RedBull.

Now, RP Force India (name change coming up in 2019) leaving Ocon on sabbatical for Stroll.......that's Paaaaaathetic! I bet they loose pts and construction $$$$$$ in 2019 when compared to 2018 and 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Now, RP Force India (name change coming up in 2019) leaving Ocon on sabbatical for Stroll.......that's Paaaaaathetic! I bet they loose pts and construction $$$$$$ in 2019 when compared to 2018 and 2017.
    They are keeping Ocon until the end of the season and giving him all the best they have, which is not what I can say about RBR. Ocon is better than Stroll but let's not talk like we are losing another Schumacher from the grid. Frankly I don't care if Ocon stays in F1 or goes, especially him being a Mercedes driver.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    RedBull has been putting "all their marbles" on Max since Max joined RedBull; Horner too. Max is the future for RedBull. I can't blame DR for leaving RedBull.
    Very true, who can blame R Bull for recognizing Max as #1 for them?