Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kimi to leave Ferrari end of 2018

I don't understand where people get the idea that Sauber is Ferrari's B-team

Kimi will have absolutely nothing to do with Ferrari come next year... just like Jean Todt is now, lol

Apparently Kimi found out on Thursday before Monza GP that there will be no new contract with Ferrari and made the deal with Sauber without Ferrari's help.

Alfa Romeo sponsorship, Ferrari engines, Simone Resta's move From Ferrari to Sauber do hint something.

If there are no connections between these two outfits then there is no synergy either.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by barzini77 View Post
    Apparently Kimi found out on Thursday before Monza GP that there will be no new contract with Ferrari and made the deal with Sauber without Ferrari's help.
    That explains why Kimi was in no mood of helping Seb despite locking up his tyres badly in the first corner itself.

Kimi is at Alfa-Sauber just in case LeClerc does'nt work out.......IMO.

LeClerc wlll be under alot of pressure in the big boys seat for a 19yo.

If Kimi has himself contacted Sauber and made the contract wihout Ferrari involvement then I see no 'reserve' aspect in the situation.

CL will do just fine and KR's services are no longer needed.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by barzini77 View Post
    Good, we don't need him "just in case"

Let Leclerc get on with it......
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

Ferrari have given Kimi more than enough slack for years of horrible performances so no reason why they wouldn't to Leclerc

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Ferrari have given Kimi more than enough slack for years of horrible performances so no reason why they wouldn't to Leclerc
    So Ferrari F1 has made cars that are on par with Mercedes......interesting. It's 100% Kimi's fault for "horrible" performances all these years....really???

He's been 3rd or 4th place all these years....someone has to 1st and 2nd while playing 2nd fiddle.

Now since we have THEE car for 2018 Kimi is 3rd, for the moment while playing 2nd fiddle AND using old components AND set the fastest lap in F1 history at the "Mecca" of F1 tracks. Horrible indeed.

Kimis days are done. At least at Ferrari. Strangely it has happened when he has actually been performing well. I would have thought we would sacked him in 2016 itself.
    As for LeClerc, i think the boy will surprise everyone. He seems to have a mature head on his shoulders and his speed is unquestionable. Seeing as Max is prone to self destruct, i think the future heros of the sport are LeClerc and Gasly.
    Silently, like a shadow

I bet next year we will see a more jovial Kimi. Kimi and Alfa-Sauber will be "loving-life" for 2019.

Ferrari will have their work cut out for them in 2019.

I bet next year we will see a more jovial Kimi. Kimi and Alfa-Sauber will be "loving-life" for 2019.

Might actually be better for Kimi. Remember how he was at Renault before joining Ferrari again?
    The ferrari atm, is the best car out there. The merc team seem to be struggling to find answers. I dont see why next year will be much different.
    So, no. I think we are ok for next year.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Kimis days are done. At least at Ferrari. Strangely it has happened when he has actually been performing well. I would have thought we would sacked him in 2016 itself.
    Kimi "performs well" when THEE car is performing well. The engineers, aerodynamacists, and quality control have delivered for 2018...so far.

Yeah I suppose Kimi will be more happy just turning up to run for a 1 point or maybe 2 then going home....

Not quite sure what the Ferrari comment means, are you suggesting we should be worried about Sauber, or getting rid of Kimi? lol
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    So, no. I think we are ok for next year.
    Oh sure, THEE car will be fine or "okay" next year. That's not what I was referring too.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yeah I suppose Kimi will be more happy just turning up to run for a 1 point or maybe 2 then going home....

Not quite sure what the Ferrari comment means, are you suggesting we should be worried about Sauber, or getting rid of Kimi? lol
    Ha ha, you're quite the joke-ster Greig!! Your funny.

Ha ha, you're quite the joke-ster Greig!! Your funny.
    So what are you trying to suggest?

Why has Ferrari got their work cut out for 2019?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So what are you trying to suggest?

Why has Ferrari got their work cut out for 2019?
    If you can't figure that out, then I am sorry....but it's a culmination of issues BUT I will say this; it's not the car. Have a nice day Greig.

If you can't figure that out, then I am sorry....but it's a culmination of issues BUT I will say this; it's not the car. Have a nice day Greig.
    Ferrari won't have their work cut out in 2019

See anyone can post something without any sort of facts and then expect others to just accept it.....

So do you want to tell us why Ferrari will have their work cut out? what issues are going to culminate for 2019? maybe if you post them now we can inform the team and we can stop it from happening haha
    Forza Ferrari

So Ferrari F1 has made cars that are on par with Mercedes......interesting.
    Well...yeah.

It's 100% Kimi's fault for "horrible" performances all these years....really???
    Yes. 93 races without a win and he has been driving one of the best cars for over 3 seasons now and has little to show for it.

He's been 3rd or 4th place all these years....someone has to 1st and 2nd while playing 2nd fiddle.
    It takes a special kind of talent to finish outside the top 4 in a cars like SF70-H/SF71-H under normal circumstances. And 226 vs 164...say's it all really.

Now since we have THEE car for 2018 Kimi is 3rd, for the moment while playing 2nd fiddle AND using old components AND set the fastest lap in F1 history at the "Mecca" of F1 tracks. Horrible indeed.
    And? you do realize that Sunday is the most important day of a race weekend. "And set the fastest lap in F1 history", it must be weird to follow F1 with such a slanted perspective.

Well...yeah.

Yes. 93 races without a win and he has been driving one of the best cars for over 3 seasons now and has little to show for it.

It takes a special kind of talent to finish outside the top 4 in a cars like SF70-H/SF71-H under normal circumstances. And 226 vs 164...say's it all really.

And? you do realize that Sunday is the most important day of a race weekend. "And set the fastest lap in F1 history", it must be weird to follow F1 with such a slanted perspective.
    Well then, I guess that settles it. A #2 needs to fight the #1. It really must be weird to have such a slanted perspective.

And just so you know, Ferrari F1 have not made (until the models you mentioned of which the former had reliability issues) an F1car on par with Mercedes.

Well then, I guess that settles it. A #2 needs to fight the #1. It really must be weird to have such a slanted perspective.
    Exactly. #2 Ferrari needs to beat #1 Mercedes.

Exactly. #2 Ferrari needs to beat #1 Mercedes.
    Oh really?? And here I thought a #1 was supposed to fight a #1.

Not gonna happen currently re: a #2 beating a #1 from the opposing team....especially with older components.

Or better yet, in Ferrari's case, the #1 is fighting with himself while the other #1 waits patiently and tactfully.

Not gonna happen currently re: a #2 beating a #1 from the opposing team....especially with older components.

Or better yet, in Ferrari's case, the #1 is fighting with himself while the other #1 waits patiently and tactfully.
    And Mercedes #1 has a wingman to support him unlike Ferrari #1.

And unfortunately for Vettel he has to fight both Mercedes #1 and #2. 93 races without a win, must be because of older components.

No no, you don’t understand what tifosi1993 means: #2 ferrari you must fight #1 mercedes, not #1ferrari. And then when you don’t win you are s#*t driver.

And Mercedes #1 has a wingman to support him unlike Ferrari #1.

And unfortunately for Vettel he has to fight both Mercedes #1 and #2. 93 races without a win, must be because of older components.
    Yeah, Mercedes wingman is currently 4th place while Ferrari's wingman is 3rd.

Ferrari's #1 would not be in the predicament he is in currently without those "minor" (as some put it) mistakes. He would be in the lead; but whats done is done. Always next year to improve.....right.

You do realize Kimi is on a different strategy than Seb.....in every race....yes?
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 14th September 2018 at 19:32.

It is very surprising how little respect and mostly slander Kimi gets in this forum. In past 40 years only two drivers have brought WDC to Ferrari, Kimi and Schumacher. From Ferrari fans you would expect something else.

Both team and him gets for Monza even thou Maurizzio has many times stressed that a team order is impossible in the start.

Some wrote in glee how cold the notification from Ferrari was about his departure like it would prove a point, even thou Arrivabene stresses how they broke with protocol to make a more respectful announcement to show their appreciation of Kimi. Kimi has apparently been a very big part of the team you say you support but there seems to be total lack of willingness to recognize it

It's unbelievable how much **** some people lay on the team, on management and on the drivers. What do you support if you disrespect everybody you know from the team? The red color, or the name? Because it sure doesn't seem to be the persons making up that team

Here the press conference with arrivabene:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=cftOh6TA2Yc
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Glad to see the back of Kimi. He has the odd moment of brilliance but generally about as much use a catflap on a submarine. It's about time Ferrari takes a leap with a young talent like Leclerc instead of signing another ex-champion. Charles has been way ahead of Ericsson all season. He is clearly a big talent and deserves a chance

Yeah, Mercedes wingman is currently 4th place while Ferrari's wingman is 3rd.

Ferrari's #1 would not be in the predicament he is in currently without those "minor" (as some put it) mistakes. He would be in the lead; but whats done is done. Always next year to improve.....right.
    "Always next year to improve", of course. Because unlike Vettel/Leclerc, Raikkonen already at an age that most drivers experience fairly rapid fall off and even when he was closer to his prime in 2014 he still massively struggled.

This is Kimi's last year at Ferrari & he's not coming back. You can be as salty as you like but it's not gonna change the fact.

This is Kimi's last year at Ferrari & he's not coming back. You can be as salty as you like but it's not gonna change the fact.
    Who mention anything with Kimi’s comeback? You can hate him as much as you wan’t, but he is still latest ferrari champion and will be one of ferrari champions forever and nothing gonna change that fact.