Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 133

Thread: Welcome Charles Leclerc

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Sauber forums will be glad to have you for 2019

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    France
    Posts
    169
    Welcome Charles , you are the real deal !
    Ferrari 2019 line up is stronger than the Mercedes one .
    Bottas the wingman won't perform anymore because he is mentally weakened by Mercedes team policy.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    2,235
    Quote Originally Posted by jpalmito View Post
    Welcome Charles , you are the real deal !
    Ferrari 2019 line up is stronger than the Mercedes one .
    Bottas the wingman won't perform anymore because he is mentally weakened by Mercedes team policy.
    Bottas is mentally what now?
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 11th September 2018 at 13:35.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Pangea
    Posts
    3,022
    Finally its official. Welcome to the greatest F1 team Charles.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    1,915
    Welcome!

    Hopefully now Charles is in the team we might look towards Mick as one for the future
    FORZA FERRARI!!!

    www.goonersweb.co.uk - Victoria Concordia Crescit

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA!
    Posts
    1,780
    Let's hope it's better than when Max went to RBR and became the human wrecking ball for a two seasons.
    Liberty-Guns-Beer-Trump... & Ferrari.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by prancing horse View Post
    Good move.
    Sad to say but Kimi is over the hill.
    Had he won in Monza he may still be in. But Monza proved sadly he has lost it.
    Monza was a big tactical mistake, blame falls upon whoever is in charge of strategy.
    Kimi has no blame in that race.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bulvania
    Posts
    2,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Sauber forums will be glad to have you for 2019
    Nothing wrong to be welcome at least somewhere.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bulvania
    Posts
    2,856
    Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Bottas is mentally what now?
    French?
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Montenegro
    Posts
    38
    I've followed Charles ever since his GP3/F2 days. His sublime driving skills never left me any doubt that he would join Ferrari one day. But the thing that always intrigued me so much about him is his life story. His godfather was Jules, another member of our driving academy. And, the fact that he lost his father four days before winning at Baku last year.

    Through all of that, he always stated how Ferrari is his biggest dream, but he always stayed humble and down to the ground. He won GP3 and F2 in his first seasons there, he proved himself in tests and simulations last year, and this year in Sauber he's been doing great with what he has. And now his dream became a reality, and I already can't wait to see him in that red gear next year in Melbourne. I firmly believe that he's ready for this and that he'll give 110% of his ability on the track to make our beloved Ferrari move and stay on the top again.

    Jules and his Papa would be so proud of him, so there's only one more thing left to say... Allez Charles & forza Ferrari!

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,879
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaria View Post
    I've followed Charles ever since his GP3/F2 days. His sublime driving skills never left me any doubt that he would join Ferrari one day. But the thing that always intrigued me so much about him is his life story. His godfather was Jules, another member of our driving academy. And, the fact that he lost his father four days before winning at Baku last year.

    Through all of that, he always stated how Ferrari is his biggest dream, but he always stayed humble and down to the ground. He won GP3 and F2 in his first seasons there, he proved himself in tests and simulations last year, and this year in Sauber he's been doing great with what he has. And now his dream became a reality, and I already can't wait to see him in that red gear next year in Melbourne. I firmly believe that he's ready for this and that he'll give 110% of his ability on the track to make our beloved Ferrari move and stay on the top again.

    Jules and his Papa would be so proud of him, so there's only one more thing left to say... Allez Charles & forza Ferrari!
    Exactly.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    7,551
    Feel really happy for leclerc, he is so humble in general. IMHO not any other driver better that could/should replace Kimi besides C.Leclerc
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    7,551
    Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Welcome!

    Hopefully now Charles is in the team we might look towards Mick as one for the future
    sadly it looks like he is associated with mercedes and will be groomed towards those cars
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Nothing wrong to be welcome at least somewhere.
    As we saw in Monza, real Tifosis love their champ.

    Congratulations to Charles! He sure is fast and seems very likeable young man, will be cheering for him next year! I hope he can bring Ferrari the WDC,

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,086
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    sadly it looks like he is associated with mercedes and will be groomed towards those cars
    He should stay away from Merc they ruined Wehrlein's career and are going to ruin Ocon's and Russell's if he comes to Ferrari then he could take Kimi's seat at Sauber in a few years

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    224
    Good luck Charles, a great person and a great driver. He should be very proud of himself! Hopefully many championships await!

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    258
    Great addition but I would never expect him to perform like some people think he would.
    Next year is going to be the learning year, hopefully without (m)any mistakes. The immense pressure that Ferrari drivers get
    for driving this iconic team might prove to be a bit much for him. Just ask Sebastian.. Nevertheless, good luck Charles,
    and lets hope this forum will not have erupted by this time next year with anger but with joy and pride.

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    2,504
    I hope Lec gets a good start first few races, ahead Bottas is enough, if he can do better than that, then it is a bonus.

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    4,951
    Quote Originally Posted by prancing horse View Post
    Good move.
    Sad to say but Kimi is over the hill.
    Had he won in Monza he may still be in. But Monza proved sadly he has lost it.
    So retire and sit on a couch OR drive an F1 car and help develop Ferrari's B team whom is just down the road and still earn millions AND still be in the Ferrari family.........

    That's a no brainer for me!!

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,467
    Ferrari breaks tradition wow nice!

    Welcome to the family Charles!!!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    28,437
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    So retire and sit on a couch OR drive an F1 car and help develop Ferrari's B team whom is just down the road and still earn millions AND still be in the Ferrari family.........

    That's a no brainer for me!!
    Kimi has not shown to develop much in his time at Ferrari, doubt he will suddenly turn into MS etc at Sauber.
    Forza Ferrari

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Kimi has not shown to develop much in his time at Ferrari, doubt he will suddenly turn into MS etc at Sauber.
    And you as a Ferrari team insider know what Kimi has done for the team, right?

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    2,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Kimi has not shown to develop much in his time at Ferrari, doubt he will suddenly turn into MS etc at Sauber.
    Mattia Binotto just said both drivers helped a lot in developing the progress that Ferrari made in the last few years.

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Kimi has not shown to develop much in his time at Ferrari, doubt he will suddenly turn into MS etc at Sauber.
    Is that inside information?

    The Ferrari F1 is in pretty good shape though. The results are not bad.

  25. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bulvania
    Posts
    2,856
    Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Mattia Binotto just said both drivers helped a lot in developing the progress that Ferrari made in the last few years.
    Shhhh...
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    finland
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Kimi has not shown to develop much in his time at Ferrari, doubt he will suddenly turn into MS etc at Sauber.
    MA may have seen somenthing what you haven’t.

    ”During these years, Kimi’s contribution to the Team, both as a driver and on account of his human qualities, has been fundamental. He played a decisive role in the team’s growth and was, at the same time, always a great team player.”

  27. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    28,437
    Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Mattia Binotto just said both drivers helped a lot in developing the progress that Ferrari made in the last few years.
    And they also said Alonso was a nice guy to work with....

    Kimi could not even be bothered to test.....
    Forza Ferrari

  28. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    And they also said Alonso was a nice guy to work with....

    Kimi could not even be bothered to test.....
    Anderson can absolutely not be said to like Kimi, and in this video he says that there are several experienced engineers in the paddock that believe he is the guy to follow to improve the car. From 1.55 in the video.

    But obviously they dont have the inside information that you have

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9e2BqG4zLk
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Pangea
    Posts
    3,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakke74 View Post
    MA may have seen somenthing what you haven’t.

    ”During these years, Kimi’s contribution to the Team, both as a driver and on account of his human qualities, has been fundamental. He played a decisive role in the team’s growth and was, at the same time, always a great team player.”
    PR talk. Today's wind tunnels and CFD's will simulate/evaluate the best solutions within the rules set by the FIA. The extent as to which a driver has input into car development has been overestimated, they can only find the limits and use it as efficiently as possible. True greats have always been fast in whatever car they drove.

    Maybe you guys should read Newey's recent book. According to Newey, back in the day drivers were helpful in describing the symptoms of easier found problems.But due to the technology available, it doesn't matter anymore. Telemetry can tell them much more.

  30. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    PR talk. Today's wind tunnels and CFD's will simulate/evaluate the best solutions within the rules set by the FIA. The extent as to which a driver has input into car development has been overestimated, they can only find the limits and use it as efficiently as possible. True greats have always been fast in whatever car they drove.

    Maybe you guys should read Newey's recent book. According to Newey, back in the day drivers were helpful in describing the symptoms of easier found problems.But due to the technology available, it doesn't matter anymore. Telemetry can tell them much more.
    That's why they dont test any new parts at the tracks anymore for driver feedback?

    And Newey does not actualy say that, he compares today when things can be simulated to times this wasn't as much an option.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •