Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Charles Leclerc

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I think you're in the wrong thread.
    Correct. But the idea still stands. On topic, I think we should not have unrealistic expectations about Charles in the beginning. Ferrari is a ton of pressure and the team needs to take as much off of Charles young shoulders. I see Leclerc as a Ferrari project which has the potential of ending up a championship winner in the medium to long term, if handled correctly.
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 20th October 2018 at 09:31.

I can't see putting Leclerc in the seat for 2019 if it's to learn and potentially be a winner. That can be achieved where he is now. Ferrari has to be going for WCC, and a driver thinking WDC, for the next season. Is that going to be the excuse to the Ferrari fans that were training Leclerc for the future? Enough already with Merc up front! As boring as it may sound, Seb can't start 2019 with the idea he has his team mate in his pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I can't see putting Leclerc in the seat for 2019 if it's to learn and potentially be a winner. That can be achieved where he is now. Ferrari has to be going for WCC, and a driver thinking WDC, for the next season. Is that going to be the excuse to the Ferrari fans that were training Leclerc for the future? Enough already with Merc up front! As boring as it may sound, Seb can't start 2019 with the idea he has his team mate in his pocket.
    Neither team is thinking like that or vettel. It all depends on how both drivers start their 2019 campaign.
    Who is leading WDC points, other driver will & should support the leader. That’s the basic thing in each team not only ferrari. I don’t bother even it is vettel or Leclerc who should play support role.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Neither team is thinking like that or vettel. It all depends on how both drivers start their 2019 campaign.
    Who is leading WDC points, other driver will & should support the leader. That’s the basic thing in each team not only ferrari. I don’t bother even it is vettel or Leclerc who should play support role.
    Well said! Both drivers should be starting as equal for at least 3 races then as you say start counting points as to who supports the other when it's tight. Let them start drivng at their "Max imum!" As boring as all that sounds.

Thanks for giving me permission to go to Red Bull! I think that Ferrari will get Max as soon as they can, so I'll stick with the best, Ferrari. Merc would be crazy letting either driver go any time soon; even though fans here would welcome Lewis with open arms; just as they mostly did when Seb came over #1 finger in the air and all.
    I'm hoping for Kimi to get a win before he leaves Ferrari! Go Red Bull!, Ups! I meant Ferrari!!
    Permission no , but advise, sure.
    You have been miserable for a while. So perhaps you need a change.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Who is leading WDC points, other driver will & should support the leader. That’s the basic thing in each team not only ferrari.
    That's a basic thing in every team, except Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaria View Post
    How come when I say that , it's silly and boring?? Anyway; I'm glad I'm not alone with that. We need Max!!

How come when I say that , it's silly and boring?? Anyway; I'm glad I'm not alone with that. We need Max!!
    I think she was saying that Ferrari has not enacted team orders this season...

Also, we have Leclerc. He's like Max, but better.

Disappointed Since 2010

Way to keep expectations low...

One can be hopeful but, Max has already established his skill level.

Nope.

I'm just busting Brembo's chops. And yes, he will impress.

Disappointed Since 2010

Whether he will impress or not remains to be seen.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

If he can qualify in the top 10 in a Sauber, he can be competitive in this year's Ferrari. If Ferrari build's the car, he will deliver. Ferrari would not have signed him if they had reservations.

Disappointed Since 2010

Nobody knows what will happen in 2019.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

If he can qualify in the top 10 in a Sauber, he can be competitive in this year's Ferrari. If Ferrari build's the car, he will deliver. Ferrari would not have signed him if they had reservations.
    They had plenty of reservations, they just wanted to honor the wish of Sergio. Elsewhere he wouldn't be in a Ferrari until 2020

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    They had plenty of reservations, they just wanted to honor the wish of Sergio. Elsewhere he wouldn't be in a Ferrari until 2020
    You seriously think they signed him for FOUR years just to honor Marchionne?

Disappointed Since 2010

You seriously think they signed him for FOUR years just to honor Marchionne?
    They signed him for FOUR years?! I thought he's only signed for 2019...

Worst case scenario Leclerc can be like Massa which is not that horrible to be honest, but yeah the expectations are higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    They signed him for FOUR years?! I thought he's only signed for 2019...

Worst case scenario Leclerc can be like Massa which is not that horrible to be honest, but yeah the expectations are higher.
    All of the articles I read said he's signed until 2022. Maybe there's a performance clause or something.

Disappointed Since 2010

All of the articles I read said he's signed until 2022. Maybe there's a performance clause or something.
    Yeah there must be a performance clause. And besides, contracts in F1 are worthy as a toilet paper as we've seen numerous times in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Can't wait to revisit this thread next season
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    2019 can't come soon enough.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    2019 can't come soon enough.
    Agreed.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I don?t come here and say: I told you.
    I am too old for that.
    I just can see, that next year is not good for us, and that makes me sad.
    But 2020 I hope we can buy Max.

I'm just busting Brembo's chops. And yes, he will impress.
    Leclerc needs a 'No Rubenization clause!" "Max is the 'Maximum! " Forget 'Two Chains", he's "Eighty Poles!"

Quote Originally Posted by aquaria View Post
    Your a regular riot!! Here's your next Italian lesson:
    Lunsingame n'appoco, falle stuta' stu ffuoco, ca dint' 'o core m' he appicciato tu !

Your a regular riot!! Here's your next Italian lesson:
    Lunsingame n'appoco, falle stuta' stu ffuoco, ca dint' 'o core m' he appicciato tu !
    I'll teach you a lesson in racing if you come to Westchester.

Disappointed Since 2010

Exactly

Anyway, speaking of Max, I don't see him in a Ferrari any time soon. He's Red Bull's biggest asset, they gave him a multi year deal and basically booted Dani Ric in order to build the team solely around Max. Also, Ferrari signing Leclerc until 2022 signifies that they trust in him and he'll receive a push if Vettel burns out next year as well. How he will be treated from the start largely depends on how he performs in the beginning and how quickly he'll settle in with the car, right from tests in Barcelona I'd say. He already knows the team, knows the language and he didn't made a single statement by which you'd think that he'll be willing to move over for Vettel right from the start. Nor does his mindset speaks in that favour.

Vettel is far from having endless support at the moment, especially after this year. And also, his contract runs out in 2020 so I don't think it would be a big of a deal for Ferrari to pay him off by the end of next year and release him IF he disappoints again by his on-track decisions.

If that happens, my guess would be that Leclerc will become #1 driver and Giovinazzi will be brought in to play a support role for him (since I honestly don't see Gio as a championship material).

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Nobody knows what will happen in 2019.
    true. Maybe Red Bull Honda will have the best car and Max will win the title.

Norris and Russel can also show the talent of the Max class. Gasly also promises to be very good. The choice will be large.