Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Charles Leclerc

Leclerc has shown immense talent. His Quali speed is really excellent. Two years down, and he will become a monster if he already isn’t

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    Norris and Russel can also show the talent of the Max class. Gasly also promises to be very good. The choice will be large.
    I completely agree. There is a massive talent pool entering the sport now and it's very exciting. I'm tired of the drivers like the ones Alonso recently mentioned.

Disappointed Since 2010

Now more than ever Ferrari will hopefully be supporting Leclerc 100% also next season seeing how all us fans will be thinking about who he replaced.

I feel that expectations of Charles are very high just now. He will probably need at least the first half of the season to settle in to a new team.
    But if he gets results straight out of the box then the boy is the real deal.
    I would like to see him given time though.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I feel that expectations of Charles are very high just now. He will probably need at least the first half of the season to settle in to a new team.
    Very well put! I just want him to race from day one freely against everyone. After a few races , then Ferrari can judge him as to where , if ,and when he can be the #1 driver. Or have them stay equal as to who gets the go. As you say, let him try to get results out of the box! I wish at least another win for Kimi!

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Yep. I'm going in with LeClerc with not the highest expectations. He's gonna have to fight with the big boys up front in a competitive car.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Very well put! I just want him to race from day one freely against everyone. After a few races , then Ferrari can judge him as to where , if ,and when he can be the #1 driver. Or have them stay equal as to who gets the go. As you say, let him try to get results out of the box! I wish at least another win for Kimi!
    Agreed
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Last edited by Giallo 550; 25th October 2018 at 16:57.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550;994254

[url
    http://www.theweek.co.uk/formula-1/97331/f1-charles-leclerc-ferrari-hamilton-vettel-2019-title-ocon[/url]
    Bad memories for me there. Michael went to Merc and so did that midjet bum Todt FIA wise. Ferrari has no shot as Merc is the favored team. Todt never worked for Ferrari, he was Michael's main man .

Arrivabene 11-04-18:

"I‘ve known Leclerc since 2016 and we saw that he was a boy with great talents which he also confirmed this season. His goal next year will be to gain experience. This is the most important aspect, to not get carried away and learn from Sebastian!"

Arrivabene: "Leclerc has the luxury of being able to face a season in which he will be asked to bring the car back to the pits and as forward as he can in the standings, but without pressure."

So in a nutshell for 2019:

1.) gain experience
    2.) learn from Vettel
    3.) bring the car home
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Leclerc needs just enough pressure to know Ferrari needs WCC points. Ferrari is F-1! He got the seat of all seats. He got the car of cars, Ferrari did right by him; big time. I wish him the best, he's with the best !

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Arrivabene 11-04-18:

"I‘ve known Leclerc since 2016 and we saw that he was a boy with great talents which he also confirmed this season. His goal next year will be to gain experience. This is the most important aspect, to not get carried away and learn from Sebastian!"

Arrivabene: "Leclerc has the luxury of being able to face a season in which he will be asked to bring the car back to the pits and as forward as he can in the standings, but without pressure."

So in a nutshell for 2019:

1.) gain experience
    2.) learn from Vettel
    3.) bring the car home
    Maurizio doing the right thing, not putting pressure on the kid, driving for Ferrari is pressure enough.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Maurizio doing the right thing, not putting pressure on the kid, driving for Ferrari is pressure enough.
    You said the right word, "Kid". It's overwhelming pressure being put on the kid giving him the seat of all seats in F1. He has no experience up front with the top drivers; in lets say the best car. Seb needs to give 100% concentration next season on Seb! I think Ferrari is sacrificing WCC with a rookie as the second or first driver, however one sees it. Just how much better could Kimi have done on the podiums, a win etc. to at least get another 2 years racking up WCC points for the team, along with Seb; more or less getting things right ? Leclerc would only be getting stronger and more fit for the seat. What's worse, too old; or too young? We fans need Merc out, Ferrari in WCC!! Forget "Eighty poles" and his WDC reign , the only driver IMO that can beat hell out of him is not with Ferrari yet! Boring stuff but true.

You said the right word, "Kid". It's overwhelming pressure being put on the kid giving him the seat of all seats in F1. He has no experience up front with the top drivers; in lets say the best car. Seb needs to give 100% concentration next season on Seb! I think Ferrari is sacrificing WCC with a rookie as the second or first driver, however one sees it. Just how much better could Kimi have done on the podiums, a win etc. to at least get another 2 years racking up WCC points for the team, along with Seb; more or less getting things right ? Leclerc would only be getting stronger and more fit for the seat. What's worse, too old; or too young? We fans need Merc out, Ferrari in WCC!! Forget "Eighty poles" and his WDC reign , the only driver IMO that can beat hell out of him is not with Ferrari yet! Boring stuff but true.
    As long as Leclerc beats Bottas, which I believe he will, Ferrari will do fine. Vettel needs to focus on Hamilton.

Disappointed Since 2010

It will be fine. Next year we will get the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    As long as Leclerc beats Bottas, which I believe he will, Ferrari will do fine. Vettel needs to focus on Hamilton.
    Quite agree Giallo, give Charles the time to establish himself and see where it leads, for all we know he could take it to Hamilton too!

Quote Originally Posted by NasI View Post
    It will be fine. Next year we will get the results.
    Now, where have I heard that before...

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Agree I would not put too much pressure on Charles and give him time to settle. Who Knows he may be winning races by mid season if left alone by the team, pundits and fans! I know that's asking a lot!!!!! Felipe had a terrible start with Ferrari but by mid season he won a race and was getting podiums.
    As for beating Bottas don't forget the RB boys.................agreed their car will be an unknown quantity but the Adrian Newey effect makes up the difference

Forza Jules

Not too much pressure and time to settle by mid season could cost Ferrari the points for WCC. Ferrari desperately needs both drivers racking up points big time from the 1st race on. If as some say here; that Leclerc is already as good as Bottas; then Ferrari will be in it and all will be more or less equal between the two teams, esp. if Seb returns to the finger in the air winner of old! It will be horrible to have fans here talking 2020 before 2019 ends. Boring to read but true.

Not too much pressure and time to settle by mid season could cost Ferrari the points for WCC. Ferrari desperately needs both drivers racking up points big time from the 1st race on. If as some say here; that Leclerc is already as good as Bottas; then Ferrari will be in it and all will be more or less equal between the two teams, esp. if Seb returns to the finger in the air winner of old! It will be horrible to have fans here talking 2020 before 2019 ends. Boring to read but true.
    I would not expect a WCC from Ferrari next year , I expect Ferrari to play the long game, which is to let Leclerc acclimatize and as said, bring the car home and learn from Seb. That is the expectation, but if he goes beyond that and actually gets podiums, noone will complain !
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    I would not expect a WCC from Ferrari next year , I expect Ferrari to play the long game, which is to let Leclerc acclimatize and as said, bring the car home and learn from Seb. That is the expectation, but if he goes beyond that and actually gets podiums, noone will complain !
    I just can't believe Ferrari will give up WCC expectations just to teach the kid new tricks! Already acclimated and able to bring the car home should be why they brought him home to the seat now, not in playing the long game. How will the team feel ; going to work 2019 knowing it's to get Leclerc ready for 2020 not the WCC ? The #1 team in F-1? Are the Ferrari fans supposed to cheer when Leclerc finishes a race clean in the top 10, while Merc and "Eighty Poles " again dominate the WCC, and WDC? Boring as it is to read, there's also that Red Bull driver to contend with.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Now, where have I heard that before...
    Not from me.

For me it's quite simple, if Charles brings home the same amount of points Kimi brought this year, or more, it was a good choice to bring him in now. Ferrari doesn't have to sacrifice points just for someone to learn, they have Sauber for learning. I believe Ferrari thinks he can do a similar/better job in wracking up points as Kimi did, if not they would have let him stay in that Sauber more time. I understand that Ferrari wanted Charles in the Haas but Steiner/Gene would not have it, so they were forced to either take him or keep him in the Sauber for next year. I hope they made the right decision and handle Charles the correct way for him to become what we all want.

FerrariSteve Guest
    I hope he's given time to settle in to the team but on the same hand I also don't want him to be forced to be a 'Wingman' like Bottas is to goldenboy.
    if Vettel is in front then fine, but also if Leclerc is in front they should leave him be, no team orders please (well until the last few races)

It seems as though Leclerc will change Ferrari's years of handling the drivers with regards to who's on first etc. It worked for Red Bull this year. Is he as good as Bottas? I can only hope so. Seb needs all the help he can get, Ferrari the team needs all the points they can get.

If there is one thing to be learned this year is that team orders and discipline is essential if a team wants titles.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

It seems as though Leclerc will change Ferrari's years of handling the drivers with regards to who's on first etc. It worked for Red Bull this year. Is he as good as Bottas? I can only hope so. Seb needs all the help he can get, Ferrari the team needs all the points they can get.
    Leclerc isn't in the same league with Bottas.
    If the car is good enough , he will be a threath for everybody.

If there is one thing to be learned this year is that team orders and discipline is essential if a team wants titles.
    Very true, but in Ferrari's case this year; Seb wasn't up to where Kimi could move over for him. Too many undisciplined moves caused havoc. Leclerc to the rescue!

Sad but true, it's a team sport after all, so they keep telling us!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Sad but true, it's a team sport after all, so they keep telling us!
    That's why I'm a F-1 WCC fan , not just a #1 driver fan. I spent years knowing for ex. my guy has to move over if he's doing better , so why get excited? Boring but true.

Hmm I have been a team fan since Felipe left Ferrari & I probably enjoy my racing even more.................maybe not the last few but that's only because we have a very slim chance of the WCC

Forza Jules