Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Charles Leclerc

Hopefully Ferrari will be the team to beat come 2019. Kimi, Gio Sauber will be great to watch hopefully on the podium a few times, with Charles and Seb. And let R Bull be the team to keep Lewis and Merc off the podium and make the races a little easier for Charles up front!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    And let R Bull be the team to keep Lewis and Merc off the podium and make the races a little easier for Charles up front!
    Agree with the first part of your post Brembo
    BUT
    Nah nah let Reno be that team.....let Dan beat Max and can Merc please have an annus horribilis?
    Oh I know I'm living in cloud cuckoo land but its time Merc had a bad year.

Forza Jules

[QUOTE=racingbradley;
    BUT
    Nah nah let Reno be that team.....let Dan beat Max and can Merc please have an annus horribilis?

But, but.. Dan couldn't keep up with Max! That's why he went on his way. We fans need Lewis and Merc out as soon as race 1. And Reno vs. R Bull? Even Alonso couldn't get his car up in the top 10. I don't think Dan is on a level with Alonso. Drinking out of a shoe just isn't enough!

[QUOTE=Brembo;997501][QUOTE=racingbradley;
    BUT

But, but.. Dan couldn't keep up with Max! That's why he went on his way. We fans need Lewis and Merc out as soon as race 1. And Reno vs. R Bull? Even Alonso couldn't get his car up in the top 10. I don't think Dan is on a level with Alonso. Drinking out of a shoe just isn't enough! [/QUOTE]

Dan couldnt keep up? your love for Max makes my stomach turn.
    Dan left RBR due to fact that he knows RBR have pinned their hopes to Max, and Dan didnt want play #2 for Max. Max will be #1 and be total #1 status over his next team mate, something you hate.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

Dan left RBR due to fact that he knows RBR have pinned their hopes to Max, and Dan didnt want play #2 for Max. Max will be #1 and be total #1 status over his next team mate,
    +1
    It's not how start but how you finish.

[QUOTE=Rob;997502]

Dan left RBR due to fact that he knows RBR have pinned their hopes to Max, and Dan didnt want play #2 for Max. Max will be #1 and be total #1 status over his next team mate, something you hate.
    Totally agree with you Rob
    I'm no expert just an interested fan but I rate Dan over Max if given the same car. OK he was in the same team but it was built around Max!!!!!
    I would just love to see him beat Max in his Reno next year.
    Sorry Brembo

Forza Jules

[QUOTE=Rob;997502]

I totally agree with you! R Bull pinned there hopes on Max. He's there #1 driver. Dan out drove Max every race , always on the podium. Second half Dan scored the 2nd most points deserving recognition from R Bull. Oh!! Wait, that was Max not Dan. Be honest; it's Max success that turns your stomach. I believe it was Dan who gave up and left because of the obvious results Max put out each race compared to him. R Bull would have Rubenized Max to 2nd place if it was Dan not Max doing all the points. Their in it to win. Will letting Charles be #1 over Seb turn your stomach if he out races his team mate as much as Max beat the hell out of Dan? I could understand turning stomachs if say I was a fan wanting Stroll to get Lewis out of the way. I look at it this way, Seb and his finger @ R Bull , was over looked; and he was welcomed with open arms by Ferrari and their fans. Signing up with Renault is a prison term for Dan, but as they say, " Any Port in a storm!" Watching Ferrari dominate and take WCC 2019 will be great! I also enjoy watching the rest of the teams , say from 6th place up. And a young driver 19, 20, now 21 has a great future in F-1 , get used to seeing him on the podium and a win or 3. I despise team orders, and Todt for making them famous, but no one cares, their here to stay. I apologize for your stomach turning, try a shot of Remy , it usually does the trick!
    Last edited by Brembo; 30th December 2018 at 20:02.

[QUOTE=racingbradley;997509]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

Totally agree with you Rob
    I'm no expert just an interested fan but I rate Dan over Max if given the same car. OK he was in the same team but it was built around Max!!!!!
    I would just love to see him beat Max in his Reno next year.
    Sorry Brembo
    If there was a better car between them , I 'm sure the team knows who to give it to. The results proved right. If Dan out does Max in a Renault, I will switch to Bardolino Bolla!! Being a Dan Fan is ok for sure. There's no more Felipe to cheer for besides our team.

[QUOTE=Brembo;997512][[/QUOTE
    If there was a better car between them , I 'm sure the team knows who to give it to. The results proved right. If Dan out does Max in a Renault, I will switch to Bardolino Bolla!! Being a Dan Fan is ok for sure. There's no more Felipe to cheer for besides our team.QUOTE]

Brembo it will always be Ferrari first for me and now that Felipe is no longer in the team I have no favourite driver there. I love and support both.
    But I always have a 2nd and 3rd team also about 6 drivers I like and support. Obviously I support Sauber and maybe Haas a little less so but i have always had a soft spot for Reno and with Dan there maybe they will have a little more support this year.
    It's just how I make my racing interesting......each one to his own!!!!!
    My prediction Brembo is Charles and Pierre will make life hard for Max

Forza Jules

As for bardolino Bolla I take it Bembo you would be celebrating Dan's Reno power over Max's Honda
    What about Villa dei Ladri Barolo 2013
    but if Dan beats Max (not Ferrari) I will toast him with Gevrey Chambertin

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    As for bardolino Bolla I take it Bembo you would be celebrating Dan's Reno power over Max's Honda
    What about Villa dei Ladri Barolo 2013
    but if Dan beats Max (not Ferrari) I will toast him with Gevrey Chambertin
    Your posts are the best!! Chateau DeGaudou Malbec right now to calm me down. Too much Dan the man!

Didn't realise this was a thread for wine connoisseurs, but whichever vintage takes your fancy, I'm going with Seb and Charles for 2019, along with Kimi and GIO at Sauber, whatever Max, Dan and Pierre get up to, I hope it will be aimed at HAM rather than one of ours. Roll on march 2019 and we can get going again.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Didn't realise this was a thread for wine connoisseurs, but whichever vintage takes your fancy, I'm going with Seb and Charles for 2019, along with Kimi and GIO at Sauber, whatever Max, Dan and Pierre get up to, I hope it will be aimed at HAM rather than one of ours. Roll on march 2019 and we can get going again.
    100% on the money ! Happy New Year to you Wisepie !!

Take it for what it's worth. Christian Danner's take on the Vettel-Leclerc partnership for 2019.

"Vettel knows exactly who he's dealing with. And he also knows about the politics at Ferrari. Afterall Leclerc is a Ferrari man! The whole political behavior with Nicolas Todt as manager and everything."

"Sebastian is warned. And to be honest, at a certain point, that's a make-or-break story for Sebastian."

"It will be one of the most exciting things in the next season. How can Vettel as a 4-time world champion and who wants that Ferrari title at all costs, defend against the guy who is simply an exceptional talent."

"On the other hand, Leclerc will also feel a headwind that he has not known before. He will also notice that the air gets thin up there. Vettel was and is still an exceptional talent. And the atmosphere in Ferrari is not as casual as it was in Sauber."

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Those stats got him "The Seat!" Now let him race without restrictions and lets see who is the #1 driver.

Those stats got him "The Seat!" Now let him race without restrictions and lets see who is the #1 driver.
    Agreed about the stats getting him THE seat.

I think most Ferrari fans want that. Bring it on.

Forza Jules

With Seb and Charles hopefully allowed to fight for that #1 seat; just think how the points should and will pile up! Merc out of 1st. place from race one! A safe journey to either driver from pole to a winning finish!! Oh! And Sauber or R Bull ahead of Merc will be just great!!

With Seb and Charles hopefully allowed to fight for that #1 seat; just think how the points should and will pile up! Merc out of 1st. place from race one! A safe journey to either driver from pole to a winning finish!! Oh! And Sauber or R Bull ahead of Merc will be just great!!
    2 reds and Kimi on the podium.
    Don't mind Dan or Gasly in preference to golden boy

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    2 reds and Kimi on the podium.
    Don't mind Dan or Gasly in preference to golden boy
    that would be a dream come true....i don't care WHO wins or has the most wins for Ferrari....so long as we have the WCC at the end....WDC could be either Seb or Charles....don't REALLY care...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    that would be a dream come true....i don't care WHO wins or has the most wins for Ferrari....so long as we have the WCC at the end....WDC could be either Seb or Charles....don't REALLY care...
    The words of a true Ferrari fan! WCC is what counts.

If someone is first there's no reason why shouldn't the other driver be a close second so we can snatch the WCC. If we win the WCC that means our drivers had the tools to win a WDC as well. BOTH TITLES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    If someone is first there's no reason why shouldn't the other driver be a close second so we can snatch the WCC. If we win the WCC that means our drivers had the tools to win a WDC as well. BOTH TITLES!!!
    could not agree more with your statement, well said.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

The closest any team can come to as being twins, will be Sauber , now Alfa , with Ferrari. Engines and drivers all in the family! What beautiful podiums there will be!
    Last edited by Brembo; 1st February 2019 at 10:16.

Both titles
    Waited long enough
    Do it

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Interesting but I believe evasive replies by Todt . A true pro at what he does. The only thing I wonder about is his comment that Charles is very mature and will be o k coming in second. I better not think too much about that comment and only hope he's allowed to race for the win every race.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    *****????? his name's Charles Leclerc mate....lol