Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Charles Leclerc

What does that Vasseur know...

Anyway, I hope that 'both teams' would release CL and KR early so that they could get familiar with their new employers and things.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Cool.

"I need to deliver - I'm not going to Ferrari to learn," said Leclerc, who will become Ferrari's youngest driver since 1961.

Unfortunately, if we don't want to destroy this kid's career we need to let him race Seb. Otherwise, his market price will go way down and he'll end up as a mediocre driver. F1 is very harsh you need to deliver from the get go when given the chance. There's no second chances in F1.

Ferrari is going to allow Charles to race equal to Seb 2019 starting with 1st race. If Charles wins or finishes with most points after the first two or three races, that makes him the possible WDC candidate. So will Seb recognize that and move over to help Charles with his WDC chances? Ferrari will be starting 2019 without a #1,#2 driver rule. A truly amazing turnaround for Ferrari and very admirable for Seb to go along with going from #1 to equal status at the start of the season knowing every point counts for WDC whereas the combined driver points are all going for WCC .

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    We have THE car already and WE WILL have THE car next year. It's up to the rest of the team currently and the new team next year including the people behind the pits. THE CAR IS NOT THE ISSUE and won't be next year.
    Not sure how you inferred that the car is an issue this year. And about next year's: yes, one can extrapolate and factor in probability, but we will only know for sure come March.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    For sure the greatest Ferrari drivers ever. Let's hope for the best!! I'm sure Leclerc is ready to race in Red!
    Read my post as LeClerc not having the luxury of an adjustment period--especially if he has good machinery. That's what it meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Ferrari is going to allow Charles to race equal to Seb 2019 starting with 1st race. If Charles wins or finishes with most points after the first two or three races, that makes him the possible WDC candidate. So will Seb recognize that and move over to help Charles with his WDC chances? Ferrari will be starting 2019 without a #1,#2 driver rule. A truly amazing turnaround for Ferrari and very admirable for Seb to go along with going from #1 to equal status at the start of the season knowing every point counts for WDC whereas the combined driver points are all going for WCC .
    Absolutely agree with you.
    I generally feel vettel will be tested next year. Charles is free to race with vettel next year. If he matches to vettel quali speed, which gives team good chance for WCC & tough time for ham for WDC from our both drivers.

I am not sure yet, that Charles is a superstar and beats Seb.
    In Baku there were 6 DNF ahead him, when he did get that P6.
    And keeping McLaren behind him, when you have Ferrari PU, is
    something, that should happen.
    Hopefully we can see in last 7 races something spectacular from him.

Edit: He has done well in quali, but not in races so far IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    I am not sure yet, that Charles is a superstar and beats Seb.
    In Baku there were 6 DNF ahead him, when he did get that P6.
    And keeping McLaren behind him, when you have Ferrari PU, is
    something, that should happen.
    Hopefully we can see in last 7 races something spectacular from him.

Edit: He has done well in quali, but not in races so far IMO.
    There were 4 races, where he got DNF’d not of his own.
    1) pit-stop wheel nut (team error)
    2) 2 races where he got sandwiched between other cars n got DNF
    3) Monaco (break-failure)

Apart from the above he’s been always there at top10.
    If u r talking abt PU advantage, even FI & Williams have mercs PU. But still were not qualifying to their standards before summer break. FI had good aero update with mercs PU update after summer break.

About the race performance, I do think he has that skills with mixed blend of aggression, defence & desire to win.
    When you have fastest car, with the above factors I think he will be a very good racer.

I hope Charles gets a top car equal to Seb and top mechanics equal to Seb, Otherwise being equal is all a hoax. Please not Kimi's car!

He'll do just fine.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    There were 4 races, where he got DNF’d not of his own.
    1) pit-stop wheel nut (team error)
    2) 2 races where he got sandwiched between other cars n got DNF
    3) Monaco (break-failure)

Apart from the above he’s been always there at top10.
    If u r talking abt PU advantage, even FI & Williams have mercs PU. But still were not qualifying to their standards before summer break. FI had good aero update with mercs PU update after summer break.

About the race performance, I do think he has that skills with mixed blend of aggression, defence & desire to win.
    When you have fastest car, with the above factors I think he will be a very good racer.
    Points now Leclerc-Ericsson 13-6
    8 points for Leclerc from Baku P6, and like I said, there were 6 DNF ahead him, so, he did not "drive" to that P6, it was a gift.
    So, without those 8 points, points would be Leclerc-Ericsson 5-6.
    Like I said, I am not so sure yet, that he is a superstar.

8 points for Leclerc from Baku P6, and like I said, there were 6 DNF ahead him, so, he did not "drive" to that P6, it was a gift.
    The team has the telemetry data and they believe in him. That's all that matters.

You think Baku was a gift. I think he kept his nose clean when several other more seasoned drivers didn't and achieved a good result.

Disappointed Since 2010

I'm just not convinced yet. We`ll see how it goes.

imo M.E really stepped up his game this year lol, he said so himself. so its even more impressive how CL is keeping up with a well experienced M.E
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Team Principal Maurizio Arrivabene says @Charles_Leclerc's contract with Ferrari is until 2022
    kinda glad, plus i heard he doesnt really get along with max, so max might have to stick in RB for a loooong time, im happy with the seb + leclerc team too, fingers crossed it doesnt turn toxic
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    The team has the telemetry data and they believe in him. That's all that matters.

You think Baku was a gift. I think he kept his nose clean when several other more seasoned drivers didn't and achieved a good result.
    Exactly.
    You don't pick a driver by just watching them on TV.

The teams always have more information than outsiders.

I would take our Ferrari boys over Red Bull's science experiment.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Exactly.
    You don't pick a driver by just watching them on TV.

The teams always have more information than outsiders.
    Yeah, all I can do is compare team mates, and it does not look so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I would take our Ferrari boys over Red Bull's science experiment.
    Are you comparing Max to Einstein? If science is getting Max where he is , Seb should give it a try before it's to late this season. Ferrari needs WCC !!!

Yeah, all I can do is compare team mates, and it does not look so good.
    Did you do the same when Massa and Alonso were destroying Kimi?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Did you do the same when Massa and Alonso were destroying Kimi?
    Yes, Kimi staying is not my agenda here, just don`t get it. We have a car now, and we can win everything this year and next year.
    But, I cannot see that superstar that every one is talking about. And if 2019 we lose, because we change driver, just because "we have to change, to whom ever", then I am really disappointed. Like I said, I would have waited rest of the races, and see that we have a good new driver. I just cannot see that yet.

If the word gifted is used. Then vettel did do mistakes (gifted), so that ham is leading the WDC.
    Kimi didn’t perform as expected in q3 in few quali’s. Kimi gifted couple of podiums to other drivers.

Coming into this season, did u expect Sauber to take that many points??? Given the position they r in last year.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    If the word gifted is used. Then vettel did do mistakes (gifted), so that ham is leading the WDC.
    Kimi didn’t perform as expected in q3 in few quali’s. Kimi gifted couple of podiums to other drivers.

Coming into this season, did u expect Sauber to take that many points??? Given the position they r in last year.
    I think you are missing the point here. There has been 14 races, and he did score P6 and 8 points in Baku, and 6 DNF ahead him, so "success" in one race of 14, and without that Baku, he would be behind Ericsson. I was expecting, that he would wipe the floor with Ericsson.
    There are many other GP2 winners that failed in F1. Of course I hope that he will deliver in 2019, I just cannot see that yet.

Yes, Kimi staying is not my agenda here, just don`t get it. We have a car now, and we can win everything this year and next year.
    But, I cannot see that superstar that every one is talking about. And if 2019 we lose, because we change driver, just because "we have to change, to whom ever", then I am really disappointed. Like I said, I would have waited rest of the races, and see that we have a good new driver. I just cannot see that yet.
    I think you are missing the point here. There has been 14 races, and he did score P6 and 8 points in Baku, and 6 DNF ahead him, so "success" in one race of 14, and without that Baku, he would be behind Ericsson. I was expecting, that he would wipe the floor with Ericsson.
    There are many other GP2 winners that failed in F1. Of course I hope that he will deliver in 2019, I just cannot see that yet.
    It's a learning curve now for LeClerc, and it will be a learning curve for 2019 in the big boys seat going up against the "big boys." Will there be mistakes??? Absolutely. Will there be crashes with other drivers??? Absolutely; not to mention Max will let LeClerc know "he is there." Again, one of several reasons Ferrari will have "there hands full" for 2019 in a WDC contender car. Vettel will have to fend for himself for 2019 and if he has pressure now, he's gonna really have pressure in 2019 on himself since he and Ferrari will have a rookie to contend with.

It's a learning curve now for LeClerc, and it will be a learning curve for 2019 in the big boys seat going up against the "big boys." Will there be mistakes??? Absolutely. Will there be crashes with other drivers??? Absolutely; not to mention Max will let LeClerc know "he is there." Again, one of several reasons Ferrari will have "there hands full" for 2019 in a WDC contender car. Vettel will have to fend for himself for 2019 and if he has pressure now, he's gonna really have pressure in 2019 on himself since he and Ferrari will have a rookie to contend with.
    Seb makes mistakes, Max makes mistakes.....etc etc you make it sound like Leclerc will be the only one to ever make a mistake lol Ferrari believe he is good enough for the seat he is not really a rookie to racing he knows how to race and knows how to drive with other cars, this is not his 1st season racing.

Your post is just negatives....

Will there be chances of pole....yes will there be chances to win races.....yes will he let know Max and Lewis he is up there now...yes

But I suppose it's better to be negative.....
    Forza Ferrari

Seb makes mistakes, Max makes mistakes.....etc etc you make it sound like Leclerc will be the only one to ever make a mistake lol Ferrari believe he is good enough for the seat he is not really a rookie to racing he knows how to race and knows how to drive with other cars, this is not his 1st season racing.

Yes, everyone makes mistakes.....some fewer than others and some more than others. I guess that's gonna be your excuse then IF Seb looses the WDC title for 2018...[Greig] "Vettel/Ferrari made mistakes in 2018....it's acceptable."

Your right, it's not his first season racing.....DUUUH!...yet he binned it in Singapore. He's raced there before in F2 yes? Rookie mistake.

I really hope LeClerc takes it to Vettel; could be his (Seb's) "sell-by-date" is approaching.

Yes, everyone makes mistakes.....some fewer than others and some more than others. I guess that's gonna be your excuse then IF Seb looses the WDC title for 2018...[Greig] "Vettel/Ferrari made mistakes in 2018....it's acceptable."

Your right, it's not his first season racing.....DUUUH!...yet he binned it in Singapore. He's raced there before in F2 yes? Rookie mistake.

I really hope LeClerc takes it to Vettel; could be his (Seb's) "sell-by-date" is approaching.
    So Seb is a rookie then? again your talking nonsense is every mistake a rookie mistake? LOL.......there is no excuses if Seb loses the title as he will know himself we gave him the car to win with. But again with the negativity how about Seb wins the title despite making some mistakes.
    Forza Ferrari

So Seb is a rookie then? again your talking nonsense is every mistake a rookie mistake? LOL.......there is no excuses if Seb loses the title as he will know himself we gave him the car to win with. But again with the negativity how about Seb wins the title despite making some mistakes.
    Your amazing. Have a nice day Greig!!!