Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Charles Leclerc

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    And they also said Alonso was a nice guy to work with....

Kimi could not even be bothered to test.....
    Maybe Kimi has read Newey’s book

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    sadly it looks like he is associated with mercedes and will be groomed towards those cars

No noo.. don't say that! Don't want him anywhere near that vile team. Charles and Mick driving for Ferrari in 2020 please!

Quote Originally Posted by Module View Post
    Anderson can absolutely not be said to like Kimi, and in this video he says that there are several experienced engineers in the paddock that believe he is the guy to follow to improve the car. From 1.55 in the video.

But obviously they dont have the inside information that you have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9e2BqG4zLk
    Anderson, yeah cause he get's things right all the time LOL

But I suppose Kimi is so good at developing a car we have won multiple WCC and WDC with his time with us.....oh wait.
    Forza Ferrari

Even given the comeback we've so far mounted, it still feels like we've nothing to lose. Bold move by the Team and I hope we reap benefits immediately. If he gets a quick car under him next season then it's fair to expect Charles to deliver from the get go. He got called up and it's his responsibility to be ready.

Welcome to the greatest Formula 1 team in history, Charles. Make us proud.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Even given the comeback we've so far mounted, it still feels like we've nothing to lose. Bold move by the Team and I hope we reap benefits immediately. If he gets a quick car under him next season then it's fair to expect Charles to deliver from the get go. He got called up and it's his responsibility to be ready.

We have THE car already and WE WILL have THE car next year. It's up to the rest of the team currently and the new team next year including the people behind the pits. THE CAR IS NOT THE ISSUE and won't be next year.

And they also said Alonso was a nice guy to work with....

Kimi could not even be bothered to test.....
    They let Seb test so he can get used to new parts and have more track time, just like he had the new parts put on his car first sometimes. After all he is our nr 1 driver.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post

For sure the greatest Ferrari drivers ever. Let's hope for the best!! I'm sure Leclerc is ready to race in Red!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    No noo.. don't say that! Don't want him anywhere near that vile team. Charles and Mick driving for Ferrari in 2020 please!
    feel the same! ugh dont want him near wolff and co. theres rumors about redbull buying out mick's contract with mercedes management currently
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

But I suppose Kimi is so good at developing a car we have won multiple WCC and WDC with his time with us.....oh wait.
    As opposed to who? Seb??? Oh wait.......

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    They let Seb test so he can get used to new parts and have more track time, just like he had the new parts put on his car first sometimes. After all he is our nr 1 driver.
    Exactly!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    feel the same! ugh dont want him near wolff and co. theres rumors about redbull buying out mick's contract with mercedes management currently
    Red Bull have DENIED any contact with Mick Schumacher to Autobild.

Helmut Marko: "He's not on our list and we have zero contact with him."
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

I know its F2 but still... this kid can be something special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh2wAbEJ7c4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    I know its F2 but still... this kid can be something special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh2wAbEJ7c4
    You might enjoy this clip. Abu dhabi 2017.

https://youtu.be/inOAyOeAP5g

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    As opposed to who? Seb??? Oh wait.......

Exactly!!!!
    Who mentioned Vettel?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
    Forza Ferrari

So retire and sit on a couch OR drive an F1 car and help develop Ferrari's B team whom is just down the road and still earn millions AND still be in the Ferrari family.........
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakke74 View Post
    MA may have seen somenthing what you haven’t.

”During these years, Kimi’s contribution to the Team, both as a driver and on account of his human qualities, has been fundamental. He played a decisive role in the team’s growth and was, at the same time, always a great team player.”
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    PR talk. Today's wind tunnels and CFD's will simulate/evaluate the best solutions within the rules set by the FIA. The extent as to which a driver has input into car development has been overestimated, they can only find the limits and use it as efficiently as possible. True greats have always been fast in whatever car they drove.
    Can’t you read, or don’t you understand what you read? Where on those two post anyone say nothing for car development? Or other way, could you tell how you push team better results in windtunnel?

Kimi has not shown to develop much in his time at Ferrari, doubt he will suddenly turn into MS etc at Sauber.
    Who mentioned MS????

Who mentioned MS????
    I did....so you believe Kimi is the one who pushes Ferrari forward.....hahahahaha
    Forza Ferrari

So retire and sit on a couch OR drive an F1 car and help develop Ferrari's B team whom is just down the road and still earn millions AND still be in the Ferrari family.........

That's a no brainer for me!!
    Kimi has not shown to develop much in his time at Ferrari, doubt he will suddenly turn into MS etc at Sauber.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiatrari View Post
    And you as a Ferrari team insider know what Kimi has done for the team, right?
    Mattia Binotto just said both drivers helped a lot in developing the progress that Ferrari made in the last few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    Is that inside information?

The Ferrari F1 is in pretty good shape though. The results are not bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Shhhh...
    MA may have seen somenthing what you haven’t.

”During these years, Kimi’s contribution to the Team, both as a driver and on account of his human qualities, has been fundamental. He played a decisive role in the team’s growth and was, at the same time, always a great team player.”
    PR talk. Today's wind tunnels and CFD's will simulate/evaluate the best solutions within the rules set by the FIA. The extent as to which a driver has input into car development has been overestimated, they can only find the limits and use it as efficiently as possible. True greats have always been fast in whatever car they drove.

Maybe you guys should read Newey's recent book. According to Newey, back in the day drivers were helpful in describing the symptoms of easier found problems.But due to the technology available, it doesn't matter anymore. Telemetry can tell them much more.
    Can’t you read, or don’t you understand what you read? Where on those two post anyone say nothing for car development? Or other way, could you tell how you push team better results in windtunnel?
    No everyone buys into "Kimi develops F1 car". And which part of my post you don't understand?

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    You might enjoy this clip. Abu dhabi 2017.

https://youtu.be/inOAyOeAP5g
    Thank you! I did enjoy the video, this kid's aggressiveness and skills remind me of the best. Late breakings though, like the one he did there, will not suffice, his race would have been over in F1.

I did....so you believe Kimi is the one who pushes Ferrari forward.....hahahahaha
    Nope, you did'nt read my post.

I said he "helps" in developing the car. As in he "aids" in deveolping the car.

Get it??? You're reading way too much into this.

Nope, you did'nt read my post.

I said he "helps" in developing the car. As in he "aids" in deveolping the car.

Get it??? You're reading way too much into this.
    Greg is on one of his way of the course remarks, it happens sometimes. He just has to win an argument. Doesn't look like he is winning this one. He does know plenty about F1, but when your premise is wrong, there aren't a lot of places you can go. He sure tries though...
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 12th September 2018 at 22:19.

Greg is on one of his way of the course remarks, it happens sometimes. He just has to win an argument. Doesn't look like he is winning this one. He does know plenty about F1, but when your premise is wrong, there aren't a lot of places you can go. He sure tries though...
    Especially when it has to do with Kimi.

Disappointed Since 2010

No everyone buys into "Kimi develops F1 car".
    Yeah, you clearly dont’t understand...
    Last edited by Jakke74; 13th September 2018 at 04:55.

I doubt many could argue that Kimi does not have a turn up and drive attitude.....he is not the guy who will spend hours in the simulator.
    Forza Ferrari

I doubt many could argue that Kimi does not have a turn up and drive attitude.....he is not the guy who will spend hours in the simulator.
    Not talking about the simulator, drivers help developing the car more on race weekend, as many times what you do in the simulator and what you get on race day is different. Here is an article about how current Renault line-up help develop the car.

Renault F1 drivers making 2018 car development 'much easier'
    By Scott Mitchell, Valentin Khorounzhiy
    @ScottAutosport , @vkhorounzhiy
    Published on Tuesday April 24th 2018

Nico Hulkenberg and Carlos Sainz have made Renault's Formula 1 car development "much easier" by being "completely aligned" in their feedback, according to the team's chief technical officer Bob Bell.

The drivers are in their first full season as F1 team-mates, with Hulkenberg arriving from Force India ahead of the 2017 season and Sainz joining from Toro Rosso midway through last year.

Hulkenberg has enjoyed a markedly stronger start to 2018, outqualifying Sainz three times and outscoring him 22-3 in the standings - but Bell says both drivers have been a huge asset to the development of the RS18.

"They are brilliant, those two," Bell said. "They are completely aligned about what they say about the car - and it's not because it's some sort of conspiracy!

"The car has got some obvious faults which they pick up on and tell us race after race, and they are completely aligned.

"A lot of those faults are common up and down the pitlane, nervous entries, mid-corner understeer and lack of traction on the exit.

"Some teams have got it more than others, the traits are quite similar, I suspect.

"The drivers are great, aligned on the issues of the car and that makes our jobs much easier. It's been a real pleasure to work with both of them."

When Bell's comments were put to Hulkenberg by Autosport, the German said: "Yeah, we seem to want the same thing from the car.

"That's good, both drivers asking for the same sort of thing, giving the same sort of feedback, makes it easier for the team to tackle the problems."

This will be a new era for Ferrari with a bright young talent hopefully taking the Scuderia to new heights. I'm not so sure Seb will be relishing the challenge and how the rest of this season pans out will be interesting, Kimi may not want to be too helpful as we saw at Monza. I hope Giovinazzi doesn't lose out by Kimi's move, but for sure team orders at Ferrari for the rest of the season will be necessary, even if Kimi takes no notice! And a very warm welcome to Charles for 2019, I was hoping this would happen.

Hopefully Charles' arrival will motivate Seb even more. I'd better win the title this year before that whippersnapper starts beating me

It all started with Kimi "helping" develop Alfa-Sauber's F1 car. Kimi has way more experience in develpment than their current drivers. That's all I was trying to say.....that's it!!! Nothing having to do with Ferrari for 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    This will be a new era for Ferrari with a bright young talent hopefully taking the Scuderia to new heights. I'm not so sure Seb will be relishing the challenge and how the rest of this season pans out will be interesting, Kimi may not want to be too helpful as we saw at Monza. I hope Giovinazzi doesn't lose out by Kimi's move, but for sure team orders at Ferrari for the rest of the season will be necessary, even if Kimi takes no notice! And a very warm welcome to Charles for 2019, I was hoping this would happen.
    100%

Legend in the making!
    https://twitter.com/F1/status/1040166515104993280

so excited for CL, really hope he can understand the car quickly and help seb out next year

It all started with Kimi "helping" develop Alfa-Sauber's F1 car. Kimi has way more experience in develpment than their current drivers. That's all I was trying to say.....that's it!!! Nothing having to do with Ferrari for 2019.
    And Frederic Vasseur, Sauber CEO agrees with your statement:

"Signing Kimi Räikkönen as our driver represents an important pillar of our project, and brings us closer to our target of making significant progress as a team in the near future. Kimi’s undoubted talent and immense experience in Formula One will not only contribute to the development of our car, but will also accelerate the growth and development of our team as a whole. Together, we will start the 2019 season with a strong foundation, driven by the determination to fight for results that count."