Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Singapore GP: Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Then stop reading. No one is strapping you down, Clockwork Orange style, in front of the monitor.

But then I guess you can't edit others' posts and make yourself feel better. :)
    And why you and some others dont just leave since tou consider we have a crapy team and drivers???!!!!
    This is a FERRARI fun page and we that we love our team in good and bad,just what to swallow in peace the bad performances we might have some times and try quietly to analyze what might gone wrong!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Guys, that pace Hamrat had is suspicious. It was clearly a strategy to go get pole and try to control the race from the front. Seb needs to drive his own race. Keep his wits about him.

It's do or die tomorrow. It's either the turning point or the nail in the coffin.
    Yes, that has to be the answer. The gap is too big. Lewis and Max were pushing each other to get the pole which forced them both to show their cards to the rest. No way Seb is more than 0.6 behind and Bottas more than 0.7 on a street circuit with the same strategy. Although, even if it's just a street circuit you still need a completely different setup than in Monaco. Which is probably why there can be this type of difference in lap times. It's a long lap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    have to read them. Least im not an arm chair F1 driver/engineer and think can do better job than people in the team. Plus, dont become keyboard warrior. If you dont like Ferrari not winning, messing up, not qualifying on pole, dont watch.
    I watch in the hope they do well, but if they don't there is nothing wrong with criticism. You're the only keyboard warrior here, Rob. Using admin privileges like the Ministry Of Truth.

Ferrari, despite their illustrious history, are not above criticism.
    Last edited by WS6TransAm01; 15th September 2018 at 17:47.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    The same thing that they been doing the past decade, making a car slower
    Yup, I hate to say it but Ferrari is the best at losing the development race in the second part of the championship every single year....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I watch I'm the hope they do well, but if they don't there is nothing wrong with criticism. You're the only keyboard warrior here, Rob. Using admin privileges like the Ministry Of Truth.

nor are Americans.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

I watch I'm the hope they do well, but if they don't there is nothing wrong with criticism. You're the only keyboard warrior here, Rob. Using admin privileges like the Ministry Of Truth.

And should never be

nor are Americans.
    You could argue better, without making it personal

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Yup, I hate to say it but Ferrari is the best at losing the development race in the second part of the championship every single year....
    You are right. Every year the same. They do well until summer break and than from that point is all downhill

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    You are right. Every year the same. They do well until summer break and than from that point is all downhill
    What about 2010 & 2012? I’m sure car was much better in second half comparatively speaking

Let's not jump to conclusions guys. The points are given tomorrow... My God, do I start to sound like Domenicali?

If Max and Lewis get away cleanly tomorrow then I struggle to see how Seb gets ahead of them the gap could easily be 40 points tomorrow night and trying to claw back a 40 point gap in 6 races unless Lewis has a few DNF is near impossible

nor are Americans.
    What does that have to do with Ferrari? Don't you know, you never go full retard. LOL

I think Max is gonna win tomorrow, if he gets a chance to fight for P1, then Lewis takes it easy and let him go, just ahead Seb is enough for him.
    Just a thought, never know, it is racing.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    I think Max is gonna win tomorrow, if he gets a chance to fight for P1, then Lewis takes it easy and let him go, just ahead Seb is enough for him.
    yeah i had the same thought.

Hamilton to take a dominant victory tomorrow, you heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Hamilton to take a dominant victory tomorrow, you heard it here first.
    Is that a jinx

What does that have to do with Ferrari? Don't you know, you never go full retard. LOL
    you think you above being criticized and following simple polite forum rules.

maybe a funny movie quote, but dont try insulting me.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Is that a jinx
    i put some money on Merc winning this race a few days ago, now that could be a jinx

“Anything can happen tomorrow”

Seb, and Kimi not pleased with Quali session but already focused on the race

Marina Bay, September 15 – Third and fifth place in qualifying was clearly not what Scuderia Ferrari had hoped for, having consistently been fastest in free practice at Singapore’s street circuit However, both Seb Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen – who qualified in that order – are now looking to the opportunities that such a long race can offer tomorrow. Both Ferraris used Option (Ultrasoft) tyres for a planned attempt in the first run of Q2, then reverted to the Hypersoft compound as conditions proved that the track was extremely tyre-sensitive in tonight’s session.

“Our laps today were not ideal”, said Seb “and, all in all, our qualifying session was not as good as it could have been. I think we didn’t take the best out of the car. We didn’t have a smooth session, that’s it. The gap seems big but it’s partly because this is a very long track, so I am not worried. I think Lewis had a very good lap but he was not impossible to beat. Obviously, it’s always better to start from the front row, but I think tomorrow it will be fine. The car is good, so I believe we can stay with the group of the cars in front and then we have two hours of racing to work something out. You never know what can happen. Obviously, we should have done better because we had all the ingredients, but today we didn’t put them all together. I’m not completely upset because third is not a disaster, but for sure we wanted to qualify on pole and that was up for grabs today. However, we now turn the page and see how we can fight tomorrow”.

“This qualifying was a bit more tricky than we expected”, Kimi commented. “In general, we struggled to ‘switch on’ the tyres straightaway and make them work as easily as it had been all weekend; so I was a bit surprised. Things can change quickly from practice to qualifying, that’s why there’s no reason to look at the lap times in practice, especially in places like this. The end result obviously is not great; this is the kind of circuit where if you get everything right your lap can be very good, but if you have some difficulties, the time difference gets big very quickly . Tomorrow will be a long day, everybody seems to be quite close to each other; it will be a long, tough and hectic race , and usually many things happen here. We’ll try to make the right decisions and the right calls”.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    i put some money on Merc winning this race a few days ago, now that could be a jinx
    i need some cash, i should do the same
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

I don't know if it was the setup or what, but I believe Ferrari was not able to extract the full raw performance out of the car today.
    For some reason we were not able to get it into optimal performance.

Kimi was busy overtaking many cars on his outlap, this is not a normal thing you'd see. Maybe we are having trouble getting heat into the tires.

All the team/driver bashing is certainly getting tired though. It's as if we are looking for any opportunity to bash the team or Vettel. Strange how some don't give the benefit of doubt to the team they support.

In this joke of a racetrack expect nothing more than crashes and safety cars. In the name of competitive spectacles, it’s all lost for the scuderia. We all know deep down that Lewis and Max, with cars 1/2 second faster will never allow our cars to overtake them. 3rd position is the best we can hope for provided Kimi and Seb can endure the first 3 corner roller derby/pile up.

you think you above being criticized and following simple polite forum rules.

maybe a funny movie quote, but dont try insulting me.
    Dude, you can criticize me all you want. The rules, though simple are also sophomoric at best. The quote is funny, and appropriate in this situation. You went from being annoyed at people talking ill of Ferrari to a tangent that is neither here nor there. You, sir, went full retard. Don't do that. You're better than that.

I hope one day I can make it across the pond and buy you a Guinness. No ill intentions, honestly, sit down, have a beer so we can actually talk like men, not this Mickey Mouse club crap. If you ever make it here, I'll take you to the range so you can enjoy some American freedom and make some expensive noise.

Anyway. I'm hoping for the best for Seb and Kimi tomorrow. God knows Seb and the team need to catch a break.

Finishing P3 tomorrow is still better than DNF. Max is always over aggressive so Seb needs to be careful.

As an accomplished PS4 Codemasters 2018 F1 player, I can tell you that in Singapore, Ferrari won’t have a chance to challenge for a win with such a slow car.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    As an accomplished PS4 Codemasters 2018 F1 player, I can tell you that in Singapore, Ferrari won’t have a chance to challenge for a win with such a slow car.
    LULZ

And as an accomplished Call of Duty player I can tell you that DEVGRU have it all wrong and I should be in charge of NSW.

Dude, you can criticize me all you want. The rules, though simple are also sophomoric at best. The quote is funny, and appropriate in this situation. You went from being annoyed at people talking ill of Ferrari to a tangent that is neither here nor there. You, sir, went full retard. Don't do that. You're better than that.

I hope one day I can make it across the pond and buy you a Guinness. No ill intentions, honestly, sit down, have a beer so we can actually talk like men, not this Mickey Mouse club crap. If you ever make it here, I'll take you to the range so you can enjoy some American freedom and make some expensive noise.

Anyway. I'm hoping for the best for Seb and Kimi tomorrow. God knows Seb and the team need to catch a break.
    I make plenty noise here in shooting season, made plenty of noise legally for 12 years. I will be heading to Sun City West next year, cannt wait. Bit far from yourself.

And, thankyou for offer. I must apologise for taking it that way and that route.

LULZ

And as an accomplished Call of Duty player I can tell you that DEVGRU have it all wrong and I should be in charge of NSW.
    Are you running CoD 4? Tempted to go get it.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Both lewis and seb will be extremely vary of Max tomorrow. Both know he could take either one of them out. Not worth the risk at all. More so for seb than lewis, cause he is starting ahead. Less chance of getting plugged.
    That said, i doubt either will let him go. He would have to earn the place.
    could be an interesting race. We can still get 2nd from max in the pits. And if hamilton suffers a problem, or makes a mistake, there is everything to fight for.
    Silently, like a shadow