Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 732

Thread: 2018 Singapore GP: Practices and Qualifying

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    7,551
    mercs doing race sim? maybe they think rain coming in fp2?
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    One thing we can get idea from this FP1 is its ferrari vs RB for pole. (Vet vs RB)
    we don't know Merc's pace yet.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    7,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    we don't know Merc's pace yet.
    yup
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    1,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    we don't know Merc's pace yet.
    it will rain, so its probably Merc pole

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    4,951
    LeClerc bins it

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    we don't know Merc's pace yet.
    They don’t feel quite confident on HS

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    7,551
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    They don’t feel quite confident on HS
    hope it stays that way lol
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,388
    DR is quite strong at these type of circuits..!! It should be vet vs DR

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,388
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    LeClerc bins it
    Mad max error (Monaco)

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    7,551
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Mad max error (Monaco)
    and wasnt his first time at monaco either
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    7,551
    wolff said they ran a completely different program in fp1, (focusing on race setup and race pace) which he believes was the best decision..... probably saving hypes for fp2 where conditions should be similar to quali
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    and wasnt his first time at monaco either
    It's a bit worrying coz both accidents happened on narrow tracks. Looks like he doesn't completely grasp the width of the car when calculating entry/exit distances It is of concern because it can effect wheel to wheel overtakings too.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Pangea
    Posts
    3,022
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    and wasnt his first time at monaco either
    Monaco was brake failure, don't know how can you blame Leclerc for the crash.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,388
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Monaco was brake failure, don't know how can you blame Leclerc for the crash.
    Yeah ..

  15. #45
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,292
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    if kimi isnt going to change to help seb from here on, can kiss both championships goodbye, mercs are in no position to bother with risks and will dominating with team orders and seb will be risking every race to beat ham/kimi/bot so expect more collisions and mistakes
    I never realized how dependent Seb is on Kimi to help him beat Lewis or Bottas and throw in Max.

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,388
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    wolff said they ran a completely different program in fp1, (focusing on race setup and race pace) which he believes was the best decision..... probably saving hypes for fp2 where conditions should be similar to quali
    Every team will say the same thing.
    Ferrari - aero evaluation with engine turned down
    RB - right balance
    Mercs- race set up with engine turned down

    What do u expect other than these in FP1???

    As u have mentioned wolf saying that focused on race set-up n pace. But race conditions would be under lights with diff track temps. So don’t read much into any of the comments

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Pangea
    Posts
    3,022
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    DR is quite strong at these type of circuits..!! It should be vet vs DR
    Let's see if they can keep up with us when we turn up the engine. But I do want Red Bull to be strong here, I want as much car between Vettel and Hamilton as possible.

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I never realized how dependent Seb is on Kimi to help him beat Lewis or Bottas and throw in Max.
    Lewis is much dependant on car performance, where he can extract his own performance accordingly.
    I rate vettel as a complete drivers because, he makes his own decisions on track whether it’s right or wrong. Gives important feedback about tyres & other technicalities of the car works with team in Marnello. If it’s his mistakes, he owns it up. He never asked his team mate for help or give a tow to him atleast since he joined ferrari.

    Look at ham, he asks much from the team & his team mate. If he doesn’t have a good weekend he throws it on the car or team. He has his own life with DJs & Halloween stuff.

    Mad max, he doesn’t like to be behind his team mate. Look at Monaco 2017, other races where DR out qualified him in race or strategy. Destroying your own team mate car (hungary 2017). So it reminds me of although he’s aggressive quite passionate but need to be sensible at times.

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,388
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Let's see if they can keep up with us when we turn up the engine. But I do want Red Bull to be strong here, I want as much car between Vettel and Hamilton as possible.
    Even I want Renault cars in between Ham.

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    996
    RBR will obviously be strong in qualifying and the race if it's bone dry. I'm not sure they will "walk it" but they will be strong. Most important thing for Ferrari is to be infront of both Mercs. We must score a little bit better than in Monaco. I would be very surprised if Ricciardo isn't on pole after qualifying.

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    10,517
    Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    RBR will obviously be strong in qualifying and the race if it's bone dry. I'm not sure they will "walk it" but they will be strong. Most important thing for Ferrari is to be infront of both Mercs. We must score a little bit better than in Monaco. I would be very surprised if Ricciardo isn't on pole after qualifying.
    There ware 2 Ferraris locking front row last year at this race, and we all know what happen after. So my point is, nothing is granted....

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    7,551
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Monaco was brake failure, don't know how can you blame Leclerc for the crash.
    was talking about mad max, doing the same accident he did the previous year
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    7,551
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Lewis is much dependant on car performance, where he can extract his own performance accordingly.
    I rate vettel as a complete drivers because, he makes his own decisions on track whether it’s right or wrong. Gives important feedback about tyres & other technicalities of the car works with team in Marnello. If it’s his mistakes, he owns it up. He never asked his team mate for help or give a tow to him atleast since he joined ferrari.

    Look at ham, he asks much from the team & his team mate. If he doesn’t have a good weekend he throws it on the car or team. He has his own life with DJs & Halloween stuff.

    Mad max, he doesn’t like to be behind his team mate. Look at Monaco 2017, other races where DR out qualified him in race or strategy. Destroying your own team mate car (hungary 2017). So it reminds me of although he’s aggressive quite passionate but need to be sensible at times.
    good point
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    7,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I never realized how dependent Seb is on Kimi to help him beat Lewis or Bottas and throw in Max.
    maybe dependent on kimi that he doesnt go over aggressively to block seb again and let the rival win the race, but yeah mercs doing great team work meanwhile ferrari competing with each other for p2 like dolts thanks to M.A's philosophy
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  25. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    7,551
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Every team will say the same thing.
    Ferrari - aero evaluation with engine turned down
    RB - right balance
    Mercs- race set up with engine turned down

    What do u expect other than these in FP1???

    As u have mentioned wolf saying that focused on race set-up n pace. But race conditions would be under lights with diff track temps. So don’t read much into any of the comments
    i just think it makes more sense to do the quali sim laps when its cooler to simulate real conditions since its like hungary and super hard to pass, but then again we need to get our tyre deg issue from monza sorted out so i could see why race sim will be a focus for ferrari in fp2,

    anyone have the tyre allocation left after fp1? want to know how much hypers ferrari used, i think mercs used one soft and one ultra to do race sim times
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    7,551
    Mark hughes said the ultras looks so far like the faster tyre, hypers isnt able to stay within the temp window, but the night sessions might just beable to make the hypers work better
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  27. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    7,551
    Mercedes OFFICIALLY parts way with Pascal Wehrlein
    ferrari should steal him, he was good and if gio gets a seat at sauber and kvyat goes to TR, ferrari could use wehrlein
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  28. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    7,551
    seb on ultras, car looks great under the lights, no funky cool helmets though
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    7,551
    Ham locking up
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  30. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    7,551
    possible oil leak for Max, in the garage
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •