Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Singapore GP: Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    we had the most hypers and we couldnt figure how to get the hypers to work lol
    Ferrari pit wall is cracking under pressure. They got set-up wrong & in q2 they sent on US.

mercs have been much faster than ferrari in the slow curvy sections since spa with numerous continuous aero updates
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    P3 and P5 is not as bad as it could be. Anything is possible in the race.
    It's a disaster Seb had to win this race to stay in the championship fight

A VER/ HAM pile-up (with us avoiding it!) would be good..
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariFan View Post
    Always has been. Only one who can beat Hamilton is Verstappen, that kid is the closest thing to Schumacher ive ever seen, ruthless.
    Looks like you are right. 2020 maybe we can get him.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    0.6 and 0.7 sec off the pace. Still people here saying we have the best car by far?
    Cars are similar but our drivers are definitely weaker.

We were duped by Mercedes. Sand bagging big time.
    Also we were all over the place in the qualifying.
    Disappointed but I guess we had it coming. I suspect something was wrong with Seb car. He is usually well ahead of Kimi here. We will find out later.
    "I really don't know what happened" - Lewis Hamilton (frequently)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    VER owes us about 30 points.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Hamilton repeats that over and over so it makes his wins and poles “god-like”’
    Thats because he is crazy fast. Bottas is solid match up, and to be 0.7s ahead. Wow...

Max probably even more impressice. Same gap to Ricciardo...guy who is most definitely faster then Bottas.

Said it before. And ill say it again.

Sebastian Vettel is not an elite level driver and he certainly is not in the same league as lewis hamilton.

Max Verstappen is going to win multiple wdcs as soon as he gets the car. We should have signed him a year ago.
    This. And with all the aero changes from 2021, if Newey gets it right Max will trash the field 3-4 years onwards until the rest will catch up.

I said it before, Max is fast... actually so damn fast, he only needs to fix his reckless crashing habits.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ferrari pit wall is cracking under pressure. They got set-up wrong & in q2 they sent on US.
    you would think they saw mercs struggling just 5minutes before, plus again seb having to give instructions and question the teamwall on the outlap, almost left out to dry to q2 as well
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

The race is tomorrow. Pole doesn't have to be an advantage necessarily. We lost quite a few races from pole.

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk

The only logical explanation is the difference in setup for Lewis and Max compared to Seb, Bottas, Kimi and Ricciardo. The gap shouldn't be that big. The drivers don't make that much of a difference. Hopefully both Lewis and Max will have to pit earlier as they will eat the tyres quicker. In some way that is a smart tactic from Lewis to be at the front even if he loses out in the race since at least, from his point of view, he will be out of trouble at the start. Lewis has started to count points already.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Hamilton repeats that over and over so it makes his wins and poles “god-like”’
    +100

Always has been. Only one who can beat Hamilton is Verstappen, that kid is the closest thing to Schumacher ive ever seen, ruthless.
    I think the same Max is only 21 years old. I think that he will replace Hamilton as the best driver. Riccardo destroyed Vettel and now Max is destroying Riccardo in the same style

Like last year, I will be focusing on the GT series. F1 is signed, sealed and delivered to MB.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    RBR car likes Monaco and Singapore
    It’s all about getting best outlap & mercs as a team r around ham giving all possible tools to deliver.
    Where as ferrari is cracking under pressure which is shown in q2. After watching ham position in q1, does anyone take risk of sending their drivers on US ?? When difference is 1.6

Complacency?

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    The race is tomorrow. Pole doesn't have to be an advantage necessarily. We lost quite a few races from pole.

Yep, and there is going to be a safety car, or two or three.

Today Ferrari was beaten by Hamilton & Verstappen. I don't think SF71-H is a bad car nor Vettel is a bad driver. Those were simply special laps from Hamilton & Verstappen.

if a miracle doesnt happen tomorrow and seb dont win, full attention should go on to 2019 car, test things in the remaining races, rb wont catch ferrari and mercs and ham will be too far ahead both in points and car pace

I suspect the reason we sent our drivers on US in q2 was because we knew we might not get pole.
    Anyways I think something was wrong with Seb's car. He is usually mighty around here.
    "I really don't know what happened" - Lewis Hamilton (frequently)

Grrr! We need to find a big white rabbit in the bl**dy hat!

I don't blame Ricciardo to much for his lap, RBR probably focusing more on Max's car. Not every team is as straight up as Ferrari. Nonetheless it was a good lap from Max and a great one by Hamilton

What a bad result,something to get use to to the end of year.

Don't waste your time with crybabies here. They will cry and moan everytime when Ferrari gets beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by prancing horse View Post
    I suspect the reason we sent our drivers on US in q2 was because we knew we might not get pole.
    Anyways I think something was wrong with Seb's car. He is usually mighty around here.
    What happened was two faster drivers turned up. Its not the team. If we had Hamilton in our car, you think we would be 0.6 off?

Its the drivers

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post

It would be wonderful but it'll never happen, Ham is far far FAR too lucky, even if his car is hit, it keeps going like a tank. He's the luckiest driver I've ever had the misfortune to witness.

Pole is king in this circuit, I believe 70% of he races were won by the pole man. We will see what happen tomorrow. I think tomorrow Max can be the key.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    if a miracle doesnt happen tomorrow and seb dont win, full attention should go on to 2019 car, test things in the remaining races, rb wont catch ferrari and mercs and ham will be too far ahead both in points and car pace
    You do not switch when you are a Lewis DNF away from winning both titles.