Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Singapore GP: Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    lol....u really are optimistic aren't ya????
    As a Ferrari fan, with this yrs car. I’m gonna watch till the end. It’s not over yet.
    1dnf can change everything.

Bear in mind, Max is like 50hp down from Ferrari and Mercedes on a Spec B (older) engine.....

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    As a Ferrari fan, with this yrs car. I’m gonna watch till the end. It’s not over yet.
    1dnf can change everything.
    Yeah, me too.....watch the race till the end.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Bear in mind, Max is like 50hp down from Ferrari and Mercedes on a Spec B (older) engine.....
    Vet set fastest S1..!! Tyres were gone by S2&S3. Else would have been a pole lap.
    So it’s down to set-up/outlap/not switching tyres on properly

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Which probably is the proof the Q3 times are down to extreme high downforce setup that will eat tyres in the race. Both Merc and RBR have split their strategies, one aggressive (Lewis and Max) and one less so. Both our cars or on the same strategy (like Bottas and Ricciardo). We'll see tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Which probably is the proof the Q3 times are down to extreme high downforce setup that will eat tyres in the race. Both Merc and RBR have split their strategies, one aggressive (Lewis and Max) and one less so. Both our cars or on the same strategy (like Bottas and Ricciardo). We'll see tomorrow.
    I don’t think downforce eats tyres, it’s sliding that does that.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yeah, very good lap by him.....it's his 5th WDC to lose.....
    at this point yes it's his to lose. Of course in 2012 he was on pole here but retired from the race and Vettel won. I wonder if history can repeat itself.

Much more worrying about qualifying is the speed at which Ferrari destroys tires. Low degradation is the key to victory in Singapore.

FerrariSteve Guest
    I dont blame the team or the car, I think the simple and uncomfortable truth is that Seb simply isn't good enough and I hate to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    Much more worrying about qualifying is the speed at which Ferrari destroys tires. Low degradation is the key to victory in Singapore.
    Don't tell me we destroyed the tires before S2????

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    I don’t think downforce eats tyres, it’s sliding that does that.
    In that case a low downforce setup would eat the tyres more than a high downforce one. And that's not the case. If you push the car closer to the ground the tyres will last a shorter distance. Especially the hypers. There's a reason why both Lewis and Max were so quick in S2 and S3 compared to the others.

Law of averages doesn't work when Hamilton is involved. He has bad luck here and there but it's rare. He will not have bad luck when Ferrari needs it, that one happened in China and Brazil 2007 and will never happen again.

The WCC is still up for grabs but Hamilton will claim the WDC in Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Law of averages doesn't work when Hamilton is involved. He has bad luck here and there but it's rare. He will not have bad luck when Ferrari needs it, that one happened in China and Brazil 2007 and will never happen again.

The WCC is still up for grabs but Hamilton will claim the WDC in Mexico.
    It will be well deserved, the only thing I would hate more than Louise winning the title is the way he schooled our little German girl

btw what happened to the rain that was forecast?

How’s it possible to be 0.6 seconds behind? That’s another category, it’s almost an F2 car, well not really but... Also, how’s it possible to clearly be on the third step of the podium and very far from the top in just 2 weeks? What have these clowns been doing, for crying out loud!

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    How’s it possible to be 0.6 seconds behind? That’s another category, it’s almost an F2 car, well not really but... Also, how’s it possible to clearly be on the third step of the podium and very far from the top in just 2 weeks? What have these clowns been doing, for crying out loud!
    The same thing that they been doing the past decade, making a car slower

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    Seb & kimi said it’s all down to traffic & outlap (tyre, bringing them into right window)

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Seb & kimi said it’s all down to traffic & outlap (tyre, bringing them into right window)
    it seems we always have excuses, oh well.

Luck doesn’t exist. It’s all about fact! If we could reverse engineer life’s events, we could call them lucky or unlucky. It’s irrelevant. That’s not how life works.

I was out with my children enjoying nice day out. I've just read the news and I can tell you that I am glad I did not watch that....

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I was out with my children enjoying nice day out. I've just read the news and I can tell you that I am glad I did not watch that....
    Watch race tmrw...! Don’t miss it

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    it seems we always have excuses, oh well.
    That's all Ferrari has.
    Last edited by Rob; 15th September 2018 at 16:33.

getting boring reading these posts bashing team and drivers. Race is tomorrow. No points for Saturdays.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Guys, that pace Hamrat had is suspicious. It was clearly a strategy to go get pole and try to control the race from the front. Seb needs to drive his own race. Keep his wits about him.

It's do or die tomorrow. It's either the turning point or the nail in the coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Verstappen
    Horner said before Q3 that Verstappen’s Car was having some deployment related issue and they had to change some settings. Considering all that and Renault PU gap, Verstappen’s lap could be even be better than Hamilton’s

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    getting boring reading these posts bashing team and drivers. Race is tomorrow. No points for Saturdays.
    Then stop reading. No one is strapping you down, Clockwork Orange style, in front of the monitor.

But then I guess you can't edit others' posts and make yourself feel better. :)

It's always amusing reading these posts after quali when all the pre-quali comments become irrelevant, the supposedly Ferrari front-row lockout was wishful thinking on our part. HAM and Max laps were just better than ours for whatever reason, maybe even track temperature helped them. I don't think our drivers or pit-wall had any answer, and that's the big worry. The race is tomorrow, anything can happen and probably will, it would be nice to believe that we can turn the tables and come out smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Then stop reading. No one is strapping you down, Clockwork Orange style, in front of the monitor.

But then I guess you can't edit others' posts and make yourself feel better. :)
    have to read them. Least im not an arm chair F1 driver/engineer and think can do better job than people in the team. Plus, dont become keyboard warrior. If you dont like Ferrari not winning, messing up, not qualifying on pole, dont watch.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE