Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Singapore GP: Practices and Qualifying

Came in here to read about Ferrari after missing qualifying, saw that we were talking about shooting ranges and COD4 and quickly realized things couldn't have gone that well lol...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    As an accomplished PS4 Codemasters 2018 F1 player, I can tell you that in Singapore, Ferrari won’t have a chance to challenge for a win with such a slow car.
    When you got a PC and a racing wheel everything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Both lewis and seb will be extremely vary of Max tomorrow. Both know he could take either one of them out. Not worth the risk at all. More so for seb than lewis, cause he is starting ahead. Less chance of getting plugged.
    That said, i doubt either will let him go. He would have to earn the place.
    could be an interesting race. We can still get 2nd from max in the pits. And if hamilton suffers a problem, or makes a mistake, there is everything to fight for.
    I'd say the bigger risk is for Vettel unless he is able to get in front right from the first corner. Otherwise, he will have MV alongside him and then it will get ugly from there...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

As an accomplished PS4 Codemasters 2018 F1 player, I can tell you that in Singapore, Ferrari won’t have a chance to challenge for a win with such a slow car.
    we must play im not good though lol still i think i might'v gotten pole today
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

My money is on Max getting tangled up with “two chains”in the first two corners for the lead, and the rat boy will dNF while Seb will take the lead with Kimi behind him for a Ferrari 1-2

You heard it here first
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    My money is on Max getting tangled up with “two chains”in the first two corners for the lead, and the rat boy will dNF while Seb will take the lead with Kimi behind him for a Ferrari 1-2

You heard it here first
    From your mouth to God ears, but we all know that we are not that lucky, and that most probably Max will tangle with Seb leaving him with some damage on the car...

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    we must play im not good though lol still i think i might'v gotten pole today
    I’m shopping for mega fast video cards. Although Nvidia’s Titan V is out of the question, I may settle for the RTX 2080. It’s going to be faster than the PS4.

You heard it here first
    Thing is, Hamilton is not that hot headed as Seb. If Max tries to overtake Hamilton, Lewis will calculate the risk quickly and if the risk is high he'll just let him go and try to return his position later. Lewis is in a comfortable lead so absolutely no need for him to risk everything for a single win in Singapore. That's why i don't see him tangling up with Max, but who knows. Let's hope you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    From your mouth to God ears, but we all know that we are not that lucky, and that most probably Max will tangle with Seb leaving him with some damage on the car...
    lol some real wacky racing, starring hamilton as dastardly and his sidekick muttley as bottas
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Thing is, Hamilton is not that hot headed as Seb. If Max tries to overtake Hamilton, Lewis will calculate the risk quickly and if the risk is high he'll just let him go and try to return his position later.
    True that, Luise is an overall better more calculated racer the Vettel will ever be, sad to say it but it’s vry true

Whereas Seb will try to win the race in the the first few corners of lap one, but that is NOT how you win a WDC, and Luise has done the opposite of what Seb is doing time and time again and that is why he’s the better driver and it very much so pains me to say it
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I’m shopping for mega fast video cards. Although Nvidia’s Titan V is out of the question, I may settle for the RTX 2080. It’s going to be faster than the PS4.
    lol im stuck with ps4 but im okay with that, hope the card you get is awesome

If I were you I'd wait for the custom PCB cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I'd say the bigger risk is for Vettel unless he is able to get in front right from the first corner. Otherwise, he will have MV alongside him and then it will get ugly from there...
    If Max takes either Lewis or Vettel out he needs a ban. He needs to be taught that isn’t the way to drive.

I guess realistically Ham would need a pretty bad start for Max to overtake him, so probably won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I guess realistically Ham would need a pretty bad start for Max to overtake him, so probably won't happen.
    I think Max has had a really good starts lately. I am no so sure about that, but this kind of image I have in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    I watch in the hope they do well, but if they don't there is nothing wrong with criticism. You're the only keyboard warrior here, Rob. Using admin privileges like the Ministry Of Truth.

Ferrari, despite their illustrious history, are not above criticism.
    Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    And should never be
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    You could argue better, without making it personal
    +1000

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I make plenty noise here in shooting season, made plenty of noise legally for 12 years. I will be heading to Sun City West next year, cannt wait. Bit far from yourself.

And, thankyou for offer. I must apologise for taking it that way and that route.
    +1. Well done mate.

True that, Luise is an overall better more calculated racer the Vettel will ever be, sad to say it but it’s vry true

Whereas Seb will try to win the race in the the first few corners of lap one, but that is NOT how you win a WDC, and Luise has done the opposite of what Seb is doing time and time again and that is why he’s the better driver and it very much so pains me to say it
    I watched that Monza incident maybe too many times, but I have to say, that it was so elegant move from Hamilton. Like he was just cruising and left Seb there with his radio.

[Autosport]

Max's engine had to be detuned after FP3. He could have gone faster than Hamilton.

You heard it here first
    And then I'll wake up

You heard it here first
    Top man!

After one reasonably sized gin and tonic and having started on my first large can of Old Speckled Hen, I'm rather more optimistic than I was a few hours ago!

Yes, it could be a HAM demonstration but hell, it's a street track and ANYTHING could happen.. #ForzaFerrari
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Thing is, Hamilton is not that hot headed as Seb. If Max tries to overtake Hamilton, Lewis will calculate the risk quickly and if the risk is high he'll just let him go and try to return his position later. Lewis is in a comfortable lead so absolutely no need for him to risk everything for a single win in Singapore..
    +1

Damage control + risk assesment

Verstappen is the real hero. If it was not for the problems with the Renault engine it could be even higher. How will the tires behave on long journeys is a real mystery. The HS will fall apart after a few laps.

so we might wonder, will that Renault engine even last the whole race?

“I tell you I have more than half a second”: How Ferrari blocked Vettel’s Q2 tyre gamble

Ferrari refused to allow Sebastian Vettel to gamble on a second run on ultra-soft tyres in Q2 despite their driver repeatedly telling them he could set a quick enough time to reach Q3.

Vettel wanted to set his Q2 time on the ultra-soft tyres as it would potentially put him at a strategic advantage for the race. However his first lap on them, a 1’38.854, was slower than Ferrari’s estimate of the lap time he needed to reach Q3.

He told the team he could improve his lap time by at least half a second. Ferrari, who believed they needed a lap of 1’38.1 to get into Q3, told Vettel he needed to find more time than that. Vettel replied that he could hit the target, but was refused on the grounds it was “too risky”.

Vettel duly returned to the track on the faster hyper-soft tyres and claimed a place in Q3. It eventually transpired a lap of 1’38.4 would have been good enough for him to reach Q3.

His team mate Kimi Raikkonen was convinced it was not possible to get into Q3 on the ultra-soft tyres. “It’s just not fast enough,” he said. “It’s way too slow.”

Vettel eventually qualified third on the grid but admitted his car was quick enough for pole position.

“It was not an ideal session for us,” he said afterwards. “You can figure out what I mean. I think we should have done better. We had the ingredients and we didn’t put it together.

“Third is not a disaster so I’m not completely upset but for sure we wanted to get pole. I think it was definitely there to grasp.”

Vettel’s team radio messages during Q2

To Vettel: OK box, Sebastian, box.
    Vettel: What is your thinking?
    To Vettel: We move to quali [hyper-soft tyre].
    Vettel: I have lap time left.
    To Vettel: How much?
    Vettel: With a decent out-lap I would say at least half a second.
    To Vettel: OK, copy.
    Vettel: How much do you need? Then I can tell you.
    To Vettel: 38.1. I think it’s not possible. And both Mercs on quali [hyper soft tyre] and Red Bull on quali [hyper soft tyre] as well.
    Vettel: I can do it, a 38.1.
    To Vettel: Understood. And box. So we believe is too tight so we go for quali [hyper soft tyre].
    Vettel: I am happy to go option [ultra-soft tyre]. That was not a good lap. The out-lap was too slow. Tyres were too cold.
    To Vettel: I’ll come back to you.
    Vettel: If you believe there is strong merit to start on the option [ultra-soft tyre] I can do it.
    To Vettel: No we go on quali [hyper-soft tyre]. The decision is to go on quali [hyper-soft tyre]. The decision is too risky.
    Vettel: OK I follow you. I tell you I have more than half a second.
    To Vettel: Understood.

https://www.racefans.net/2018/09/15/...2-tyre-gamble/

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    lol im stuck with ps4 but im okay with that, hope the card you get is awesome
    +++

Yeah, PS4 is a great console but I want a decent PC to run Forza smoothly. The new RTX should do that without a hitch.

Anyway, looks like I'll be scoring more points tomorrow on my PS4 than the leading Ferrari driver in Singapore.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Max and Lewis won't tangle at the start (even though I'd love it!)
    I utterly loathe and cannot stomach Lewis but I have to admit he's not stupid, he wouldn't risk it.

Been posted already, but does clear Ferrari from your earlier claims that the drivers have to tell the pitwall what to do I guess.....
    Forza Ferrari

The most annoying thing about today is that I suddenly have mercedes and hamilton constantly in my twitter feed.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    “I tell you I have more than half a second”: How Ferrari blocked Vettel’s Q2 tyre gamble

Ferrari refused to allow Sebastian Vettel to gamble on a second run on ultra-soft tyres in Q2 despite their driver repeatedly telling them he could set a quick enough time to reach Q3.

Vettel wanted to set his Q2 time on the ultra-soft tyres as it would potentially put him at a strategic advantage for the race. However his first lap on them, a 1’38.854, was slower than Ferrari’s estimate of the lap time he needed to reach Q3.

He told the team he could improve his lap time by at least half a second. Ferrari, who believed they needed a lap of 1’38.1 to get into Q3, told Vettel he needed to find more time than that. Vettel replied that he could hit the target, but was refused on the grounds it was “too risky”.

Vettel duly returned to the track on the faster hyper-soft tyres and claimed a place in Q3. It eventually transpired a lap of 1’38.4 would have been good enough for him to reach Q3.

His team mate Kimi Raikkonen was convinced it was not possible to get into Q3 on the ultra-soft tyres. “It’s just not fast enough,” he said. “It’s way too slow.”

Vettel eventually qualified third on the grid but admitted his car was quick enough for pole position.

“It was not an ideal session for us,” he said afterwards. “You can figure out what I mean. I think we should have done better. We had the ingredients and we didn’t put it together.

“Third is not a disaster so I’m not completely upset but for sure we wanted to get pole. I think it was definitely there to grasp.”

Vettel’s team radio messages during Q2

To Vettel: OK box, Sebastian, box.
    Vettel: What is your thinking?
    To Vettel: We move to quali [hyper-soft tyre].
    Vettel: I have lap time left.
    To Vettel: How much?
    Vettel: With a decent out-lap I would say at least half a second.
    To Vettel: OK, copy.
    Vettel: How much do you need? Then I can tell you.
    To Vettel: 38.1. I think it’s not possible. And both Mercs on quali [hyper soft tyre] and Red Bull on quali [hyper soft tyre] as well.
    Vettel: I can do it, a 38.1.
    To Vettel: Understood. And box. So we believe is too tight so we go for quali [hyper soft tyre].
    Vettel: I am happy to go option [ultra-soft tyre]. That was not a good lap. The out-lap was too slow. Tyres were too cold.
    To Vettel: I’ll come back to you.
    Vettel: If you believe there is strong merit to start on the option [ultra-soft tyre] I can do it.
    To Vettel: No we go on quali [hyper-soft tyre]. The decision is to go on quali [hyper-soft tyre]. The decision is too risky.
    Vettel: OK I follow you. I tell you I have more than half a second.
    To Vettel: Understood.

https://www.racefans.net/2018/09/15/...2-tyre-gamble/
    Ferrari made the right call. Hamilton almost got knocked out in Q1 on US, if others would have done their laps. Unnecessarry risk from Vettel, but he keeps taking them... Luckily Ferrari listened to reason(data) and Kimi or else we might have seen an even more uphill struggle and some members would go bananas
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 15th September 2018 at 21:02.