Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Singapore GP: Race

Leclerc into points. This is a new track for him. But he did drive brilliantly.
    Hope he continues good form for the rest of the season & when gets into big team bang on.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Indeed we are improving and next year we can take the next step.
    How many times are you willing to say "next year?" And don't say "as many as it takes"

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    How many times are you willing to say "next year?" And don't say "as many as it takes"
    Hope never dies, right?

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Hope never dies, right?
    Avengers infinity wars proved otherwise lol... and our pitwall
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Really, who's the tactician responsible for this abysmal strategy? Let's face it, all Vettel could do is managing the tires till the end. Had he gone to softs it might have been a better choise for the undercut. It's pretty clear that Mercedes has solved its hot weather tire problems. We need to find some speed. We can't gamble on assuming Mercedes not solving weaknesses.
    We do have a good car, and I am still confident that we can bounce back. Singapore is a street circuit after all. But we need some luck as well.
    However, I enjoyed watching Leclerc. We got our first ace up our sleeve for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    Really, who's the tactician responsible for this abysmal strategy? Let's face it, all Vettel could do is managing the tires till the end. Had he gone to softs it might have been a better choise for the undercut. It's pretty clear that Mercedes has solved its hot weather tire problems. We need to find some speed. We can't gamble on assuming Mercedes not solving weaknesses.
    We do have a good car, and I am still confident that we can bounce back. Singapore is a street circuit after all. But we need some luck as well.
    However, I enjoyed watching Leclerc. We got our first ace up our sleeve for next year.
    Agreed with most of this
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

https://www.racefans.net/2018/09/15/...2-tyre-gamble/
    Well it looks like current strategic team/ pit wall is not confident at all of what they r doing. Clearly vettel is saying he can do target time on US.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    https://www.racefans.net/2018/09/15/...2-tyre-gamble/
    Well it looks like current strategic team/ pit wall is not confident at all of what they r doing. Clearly vettel is saying he can do target time on US.
    No confidence in these goons. You can hear how kimi always tells his engineer off and how seb has to instruct them from the car

Depressing race, poor strategy and rubbish circuit for cars to get close enough to pass even under DRS, and the current tyre and aero issues when following other cars is making a mockery of the sport. Seb was lucky to finish on those tyres and all HAM had to do was control the race, I wish Max could have got him. Merc have just out-gunned us again and HAM seems to walk on water, but I refuse to give up and don't want to even think about next year, we've done that too often. But well done Charles in P9. Gutted again, but not surprised.

will be interesting to see what Arrivabene says this time.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Hope never dies, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    will be interesting to see what Arrivabene says this time.
    Same Stefano Domenicali mantra...

Hope is always there, I would not totally give up on this year either. We need to get winning races and making Merc take risks.
    Why would on earth Mercedes take any risk with big, fat, healthy 40 points lead?!?!?!

Vettel: I will always defend the team. The decisions we took in the race, to try and be aggressive, were to try and win the race and when it works it’s great. Overall we had a very strong package, we looked very competitive throughout practice, but in the end we finished P3 & P5.
    on cue the defending from seb, now left to M.A to cover up and for kimi to say can't do much on this tracks

If Vettel won every race remaining with Hamilton P2 each time, Vettel would only win the title by 2 points #F1 #SingaporeGP

I can sense a huge shakeup at Maranello in the next few days. But really, Lewis’ 1 36 pole is a clear indication that MB is in another league, anyway you cut it. They’ve been toying with rest of the field for marketing reasons maybe. Deep down they knew their advantage was insurmountable.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    I can sense a huge shakeup at Maranello in the next few days. But really, Lewis’ 1 36 pole is a clear indication that MB is in another league, anyway you cut it. They’ve been toying with rest of the field for marketing reasons maybe. Deep down they knew their advantage was insurmountable.
    certainly now they have developed leagues ahead, toto was not lying when he said they turned the entire factory upside down looking for any gains, ferrari has been riding the wave of pace from the engine since silverstone and thats all, no gains in aero since, now that the engine isnt the fastest anymore you can see how poor the aero package is on a non engine deficit track. cant make tyres work, cant get other tyres to last and worst of all the strategy team like headless chickens

What's the alternative? Leave the sport?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Why would on earth Mercedes take any risk with big, fat, healthy 40 points lead?!?!?!
    Won't be 40 though if we start delivering on our performance will it!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Forza Ferrari

One race can change everything.
    Not taking risks could, in itself, be risky.

We may lose the championship this year but I just want to see seb start winning again!

i was very nervous for the start of this race. I'm happy with 3rd; better than P0. Clearly seb's run in with the wall cost him a lot. Too many mistakes again this weekend, but each track is unique and sochi will show if in fact we have the pace to win again or if merc has figured out our 'tricks'.

Also, this race was another example of our team just not understanding the dynamics of the race. I couldn't believe when seb pit early, this track is not easy to overtake on and the tyres take time to warm up, with the gap so big to lewis there was no way he was going to get out ahead with the undercut. We showed our strategy first too and we are lucky to be p3 today with that tyre strategy.

Small errors over the course of the year have compound as each race goes on. Seb works at his best when he has confidence in the team, just listen to his radio when he wins. But when there is problems in the team he takes it upon himself to push the team and the car. And because of these on the limit pushes he has been making mistakes in practice, qualifying, and the race. How many times have we seen him spin and crash this year when he didn't need to while pushing to the max.

I still feel we can win more races if we take a more fundamental approach and focus on each race as they come. By this point in the year there is no point trying to extract that .050 extra from the car if it means you have a risk of crashing.

I love this team to the bitter end, so we just need to learn from this and build ourselves back up.

See you guys in Sochi.

Forza Ferrari!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    on cue the defending from seb, now left to M.A to cover up and for kimi to say can't do much on this tracks
    Would you rather the team start attacking each other via the press?
    Forza Ferrari

How much do you think Ferrari are the ones letting you down?

Vettel: I don't feel like that. We are a team. We try to whatever we wanna achieve, we achieve it together. Obviously it's not great when you come to the end of the championship and you lose points.

Would you rather the team start attacking each other via the press?
    of cause not, but i feel like the way M.A is running the team they are doomed to repeat the same mistakes over and over just forgiving and forgetting instead of fixing and correcting

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariDave View Post
    We may lose the championship this year but I just want to see seb start winning again!

i was very nervous for the start of this race. I'm happy with 3rd; better than P0. Clearly seb's run in with the wall cost him a lot. Too many mistakes again this weekend, but each track is unique and sochi will show if in fact we have the pace to win again or if merc has figured out our 'tricks'.

Also, this race was another example of our team just not understanding the dynamics of the race. I couldn't believe when seb pit early, this track is not easy to overtake on and the tyres take time to warm up, with the gap so big to lewis there was no way he was going to get out ahead with the undercut. We showed our strategy first too and we are lucky to be p3 today with that tyre strategy.

Small errors over the course of the year have compound as each race goes on. Seb works at his best when he has confidence in the team, just listen to his radio when he wins. But when there is problems in the team he takes it upon himself to push the team and the car. And because of these on the limit pushes he has been making mistakes in practice, qualifying, and the race. How many times have we seen him spin and crash this year when he didn't need to while pushing to the max.

I still feel we can win more races if we take a more fundamental approach and focus on each race as they come. By this point in the year there is no point trying to extract that .050 extra from the car if it means you have a risk of crashing.

I love this team to the bitter end, so we just need to learn from this and build ourselves back up.

See you guys in Sochi.

Forza Ferrari!

Won't be 40 though if we start delivering on our performance will it!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    There is one big fat if there....

the real drivers of the day obviously :
    1st: Sergey S
    2nd Charles L
    3rd Seb V

There is one big fat if there....
    Not really, we have a very good race car that is more than capable of winning the remaining races.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Ferrari this year is at our best we've ever been in this V6 PU era. I see no reason why Ferrari cannot continue on this path of improvement.

Merc had the advantage of getting it right early on, so they will always remain a strong opponent. But Ferrari have been improving, and I'd expect next year we will be even stronger than this.
    Nailed it. I feel this is more like the actual situation.
    Right now, i still feel our car is better than the merc. Will merc be able to stay with us next year? Difficult to say, but it is entirely likely that we will begin next year in a similar fashion, with us having the slightly better car. And it will get stronger.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    I don't know why but I still think this is all karma for the crappy statement after Silverstone. They really didn't need that.

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk
    Must have missed this. What was this statement?
    Silently, like a shadow