Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Singapore GP: Race

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Didn’t Lewis say the tyres were good
    What did Ferrari think he said.

Surly they could have rewound it and listened again
    You would have thought that?

I jeard Lewis say his tyres were good. I missed what sb and his engineer said but heard Channel 4 guys say Ferrari are saying different different to what Lewis just said.

What did sb and his engineer say?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Maurizio Arrivabene: ”Today’s winner deserved the victory. After Sebastian overtook Verstappen, we went for an aggressive strategy, trying for the undercut on the Ultrasoft tyres. Unfortunately, during the one lap that would prove to be crucial, we found ourselves behind another car and so we were unable to run at a fast enough pace. Despite today’s result, not all is lost. Now, calmly and with determination, we will tackle the remaining six races, fighting all the way to the end.”

Sebastian Vettel: ”It’s never easy to come and win even if, obviously, that was our target. Yesterday the qualifying didn’t go the way we wanted and we couldn’t extract the best out of ourselves. Today, starting from third position, we had to try something different, but it didn’t work out and we finished where we started. We were running second after a good start which allowed me to get past Max, I was happy and confident when I got the call to box, I knew I needed a mega out lap to try and challenge for the lead but it didn’t work. I lost time behind another car and the brakes got a little too hot, it was close but we got the worse of it. I fully support the team’s decision because, as I am sitting in the car, I can’t be aware of everything that goes on, so I rely on them. Our target was not to finish third, but today we just did not have enough speed.”

Kimi Raikkonen: ”Not much happened today in the race; the car was behaving well and we had a fair speed, but most of the time we were stuck behind somebody and taking care of the tires. On this track it’s impossible to overtake, unless the guy in front makes a massive mistake. I could see Bottas struggling with his front right tire and locking it sometimes, I could get closer to him but not enough to pass. Through the middle part of the track it was even difficult to follow him because we were losing downforce. In the first stint we stayed out longer hoping for a Safety Car, but it did not happen. The qualifying here is the key and obviously, when you start behind, your race ends up being a bit boring, getting stuck behind other cars. There was no way we could use our speed. Obviously we wanted more, we did what we could, but this is what we have got today.”
    Yes, here we go... typical Maurizio bla, bla, bla ...... fighting all the way to the end

can you see what Mercedes did? They were non stop in factory searching for all possible gains and voila, now Toto said, that they finally understand their car.... booom

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post

I jeard Lewis say his tyres were good. I missed what sb and his engineer said but heard Channel 4 guys say Ferrari are saying different different to what Lewis just said.

From f1technical

I'm pretty sure Sky messed it up, Ham said there was a lot left in the tires, Ferrari told Vettel, Vettel said he's lying because Vettel could feel his own tires going off.

But then someone says
    I think Ferrari understood that Hamilton reported that there is not much left in these tyres.. Vettel didn't believe him.

So I’m not sure what to think

MA is another Stefano Domicelli

"Now, calmly and with determination, we will tackle the remaining six races, fighting all the way to the end.”

The thing is, we are not working calmly and with determination. Too many errors being made per weekend. I can't remember the last time we had a flawless weekend.

If Sergio was still around, i'm sure someone would have been held accountable by now for more recently the constant strategy blunders.

Quote Originally Posted by Honzus View Post
    Yes, here we go... typical Maurizio bla, bla, bla ...... fighting all the way to the end

can you see what Mercedes did? They were non stop in factory searching for all possible gains and voila, now Toto said, that they finally understand their car.... booom
    I’m pretty sure that was helped with Vettel messing up on the first lap of Monza and Ferrari getting Q2/Q3 totally wrong.

Redo those bits and results would probably be very different

ham and merc : ham said tyres still good or something,

ferrari heard ham said tyres not good and reported to vettel,

vettel said he thinks ham is lying about it
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post

sky even said something about a language barrier for ferrari
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

The only way a undercut was going to work was if the hypers dropped off the cliff, but Lewis was going several seconds slower to preserve them and also stop big gaps appearing further down the gird. Not sure what they was thinking.

I’m pretty sure that was helped with Vettel messing up on the first lap of Monza and Ferrari getting Q2/Q3 totally wrong.

Redo those bits and results would probably be very different
    I'm not sure, W09 in hands of HAM has mighty pace, HAM is clever racer (he is not too smart but racer is probably the best). So in Monza I am not sure the result will be better and in Singapore Q3 is almost race win and HAM again delivered. On top of this Merc is good in twisty sections and does not eat tyres.

These situations, Ferrari come across as a bit amateurish. We seen teams have 'mission controls' so therefore they should not have misheard anything as others should have verified it. Or simply rewind and listen to it again

Quote Originally Posted by Honzus View Post
    I'm not sure, W09 in hands of HAM has mighty pace, HAM is clever racer (he is not too smart but racer is probably the best). So in Monza I am not sure the result will be better and in Singapore Q3 is almost race win and HAM again delivered. On top of this Merc is good in twisty sections and does not eat tyres.
    Vettel had mighty pace in Monza, he just displayed it coming from the back.

These situations, Ferrari come across as a bit amateurish. We seen teams have 'mission controls' so therefore they should not have misheard anything as others should have verified it. Or simply rewind and listen to it again
    Plus, teams do lie.

Vettel had mighty pace in Monza, he just displayed it coming from the back.
    Maybe, but he messed it (again), so when we have the pace, VET often makes mistake. We cannot do anyting about it only discuss it and accept it, but it hurts and those comments from MA dont help, they make it worse TBH.

Also, Ferrari tire choices for Monza and Singapore have being amazing. Who is picking them!

incredible how poor this weekend has been from the team

FerrariSteve Guest
    I need to have Ferrari handling the coffin at my funeral ...then they can let me down, one more time.

leclerc with 2 points though

really enjoyed sergey too lol only other guy besides seb and leclerc that did some entertaining stuff today

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    I need to have Ferrari handling the coffin at my funeral ...then they can let me down, one more time.
    lol

sky even said something about a language barrier for ferrari
    This is a likely scenario. Hire native or at least fluent english speakers with strong and clear voice for the sake of communication.

Even the finnish F1-studio on CMore could notice, that the information given to Vettel about Hamilton's tires were false. Okay, there were former Ferrari engineer Ossi Oikarinen in the studio.

Of course these radio messages come without alert in loud conditions but that's why it is even more important to have a strong skills in english in this british dominated sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Kimi Raikkonen: ” In the first stint we stayed out longer hoping for a Safety Car, but it did not happen. ”
    That was our only chance today, or rain and lucky pit stop.

Also, Ferrari tire choices for Monza and Singapore have being amazing. Who is picking them!
    I have said this a few races ago, we are too aggresive with our tyre strategy. In reality the 'fastest' tyre on paper is not always the best race tyre. We seem to be leaving ourself short as we don't select enough of the tyre which ends up being the better race tyre.

It will be hard to win titles this year. With races like this, which really are a procession, it's hard to get everything nailed and win every time. The drivers had a good race, didn't put a foot wrong but we just didn't have the pace. Seb managed a great pass, very hard to do here while following an evenly matched car, but after it was a procession for him. Kimi was faster than the butler, but there was nowhere he could pass. This race is a mini Monaco, with the glam being the center piece and not a lot of racing going on. I am not sure that we needed another Monaco to be honest.

Well, on a positive note.........Kimi is still ahead of his rival.......yes?......... no?
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Well, on a positive note.........Kimi is still ahead of his rival.......yes?......... no?
    Kimi was faster than Bottas here, but didn't have any opportunities to pass. He was unlucky with those 3 DNF's by none of his fault this season. He wouldn't be in the title hunt, but we would have been on par with Mercedes, points wise in the WCC.

Hardly. The bulk of points loss come from Vettel's crashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    Hardly. The bulk of points loss come from Vettel's crashing.
    And forgets Seb has made mistakes as well.....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    And forgets Seb has made mistakes as well.....
    There weren't that many mistakes from Seb. I say it is a normal amount, but Lewis is having the season of his life.

I think Ferrari must win for Sergio M he did everyrhink for team to win.

Quote Originally Posted by farid-baku View Post
    I think Ferrari must win for Sergio M he did everyrhink for team to win.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!