Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 41516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Singapore GP: Race

Quote Originally Posted by MSForever View Post
    funny in a sad sort of way lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    How can you be so sure about this?
    Mercedes 2016???
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I also believed after Korea disaster (2010) when Seb was 25 points down on Alonso with two races to go that it was over. Then a miracle happened. I will never stop believing, even if it doesnt happen, at least I believed.

Forza Ferrari, Vettel, Kimi.

Early on during next year’s season, the team will realize who laps faster and who consistently produces the better results. I estimate that by 5th GP, back in Europe, we’ll know who will be entitled to receive full support from his teammate and tacticians to achieve the championship goals.

The ultimate purpose of the Scuderia is to win and not to promote infividual racers’ successful careers or boost their egos. If the latter happens along the way of winning championships for Ferrari, well, that’s wonderful too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    I also believed after Korea disaster (2010) when Seb was 25 points down on Alonso with two races to go that it was over. Then a miracle happened. I will never stop believing, even if it doesnt happen, at least I believed.

Forza Ferrari, Vettel, Kimi.
    You have read them wrong (opposite) 1st the miracle happen then in the end the total disaster !!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Raikkonen came back from 17 points down with two races and 20 points remaining. Even more remarkable considering he dropped back to the back of the field due to wrong tyre choice under the SC. Had Alonso not crashed at Fuji and brought out the safety car, he would have struggled to even stay in mathematical contention with two rounds to go.

Schumacher was 23 points behind Alonso in 2006 and running seventh to Alonso's first at the start of Canada, set to be 31 points behind (over 75 in current system). Then after halfway point, Michael proceeded to take the championship lead with two races to go.

The title race is very much alive, though Ferrari is on the back foot. Since Vettel's crash it has all gone wrong for Ferrari so the impression is that Scuderia is in a huge mess and everything has been lost. However points-wise, the drivers have come back from more difficult situations. Not everyone has gone on to win the title, but many have made it a neck-a-neck race, also Alonso 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hajj View Post
    This is where MA is most at fault. SV and KR should have been instructed on how to deal with any possible scenario at the start. The focus had to be on keeping the Mercedes cars behind them. The finish order could have been orchestrated much later in the race. Yes, these racers all want to win, but F1 is a TEAM sport and they are employed by the team. SF failed immensely by not planning the start properly.
    The start can not be planned my friend. You either have a good one or a bad one. Like Maurizio said, anyone who thinks that Kimi should have let Seb pass at the start is crazy. That incident was entirely Seb's fault, you can not ask the team for something when you can't make it through 3-4 corners. If Kimi would've slowed down, there is a big chance that Lewis would have entered that gap too and he would still be right on Vettel tail out of turn 2. If Vettel would've just yielded the position to Lewis, like he should've done, Lewis would've been in a Ferrari sandwich, like Mercedes did with Bottas,Hamilton to Kimi.
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 19th September 2018 at 16:24.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Mercedes 2016???
    I’m asking how do you know Charles will play number 2 to Seb, are you going by assumptions?

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Allowed Kimi? You don't think if Vettel could have gone faster he would have done.
    Yes allowed KIMI. Do you recall the who goes out first rule at Ferrari? They alternate each race. Monza was Vettel's turn to go before Kimi resulting in slip stream games etc. It was the whole issue why Vettel had got upset on the day. If they really wanted to support Vettel they should have dumped the stupid rule seeing the gap between the 2 and go full out supporting Vettel in the same way Bottas had to by slowing down Kimi in the same race.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    Yes allowed KIMI. Do you recall the who goes out first rule at Ferrari? They alternate each race. Monza was Vettel's turn to go before Kimi resulting in slip stream games etc. It was the whole issue why Vettel had got upset on the day. If they really wanted to support Vettel they should have dumped the stupid rule seeing the gap between the 2 and go full out supporting Vettel in the same way Bottas had to by slowing down Kimi in the same race.
    Vettel was behind Lewis. If I could choose between a slipstream from Kimi or from Hamilton in Q3, I would choose Lewis knowing Kimi's Q3 screwup phrone.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    You have read them wrong (opposite) 1st the miracle happen then in the end the total disaster !!!!!
    Well sorry buddy but I was always a big Vettel fan and always will be. Back in the days from 2010-2014 its hard to admit, but because of arrogant Fernando in Ferrari I wansnt cheering for them. From 2000-2004 you wont believe I was for Mclaren and Hakinnen, and from 2006-2010 I slowly became a Ferrari fan beside rooting for Seb Vettel, Kimi and Massa were really good teammates, not that Fernando drama king. But now I feel sorry for poor Alonso, he deserved better.

How can you be so sure about this?
    He can't. Charles is here to win races and titles.
    Forza Ferrari

I’m asking how do you know Charles will play number 2 to Seb, are you going by assumptions?
    In order for both Ferrari drivers to actually race each other, you need the following criteria:

1. The cars have to be dominant to pull a comfortable points gap from the opponents.
    2. Both drivers have to be experienced.

Ferrari has neither of the 2 for 2019. I doubt they let LeClerc fight against Seb his first year. Too risky especially against both Mercedes drivers.

Note: Look how long its taken Max to get to where he's at.....3yrs.

Unknown: Max and that Honda engine. If that Honda PU gets close to the level of Ferrari and Mercedes, then it's a 3 way fight....Seb, Lewis & Max. Max and LeClerc will get into some "incidents"..... it will happen.....and Max will not let a rookie in a Ferrari get an inch on him.

And whatta ya know: [AMuS] Honda poised to pass Renault for power

Ferrari has 1032hp

Mercedes 1005hp

Honda 930hp with a Spec 3 to be introduced in Sochi for an additional 35hp (Gasly & Hartley will take grid penalties)

Renault 950hp.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 19th September 2018 at 20:38.

Brawn: Ferrari spell has been broken
    Date published: September 19 2018

Ross Brawn: Ferrari spell has been broken
    Although Ross Brawn says Sebastian Vettel’s deficit to Lewis Hamilton is “not yet insurmountable”, he feels the Ferrar spell has been broken.

Racing arguably the fastest car on the grid, Ferrari had a stellar first half to this year’s championship.

The wheels, however, seem to be coming off of late.

Mistakes from Vettel as well as the pit wall have left the German 40 points behind Hamilton with only six races remaining.

“Mercedes leave Singapore in high spirits, Ferrari must be somewhat concerned by their form at Marina Bay, and in recent weeks,” said Brawn.

“After the summer break, the Italian team was dominant, winning in Spa and getting both cars on the front row in Monza.

“However, since then, the spell has been broken.”

Ferrari’s latest defeat came at the Marina Bay circuit where the Scuderia were expected to dominate.

Instead Vettel lost out to Hamilton as well as Red Bull’s Max Verstappen.

Brawn added: “At its home race, the defeat could be put down to various incidents, but in Singapore, both Mercedes and Red Bull were better.

“Not by much, as on the streets of Marina Bay the gaps separating the top three were hardly a chasm, but by enough, as third in qualifying and in the race for Vettel seemed about the right result.

“The men in red admitted they made the most of what was available to them and they need to work out why as soon as possible.

“The gap in both championships is not yet insurmountable, but it is significant, especially against a strong rival in the habit of winning.

“Ferrari can count on a car that has always been competitive and on drivers who know how to fight for a title, but now they need to turn things around, starting in Sochi.”

In order for both Ferrari drivers to actually race each other, you need the following criteria:

1. The cars have to be dominant to pull a comfortable points gap from the opponents.
    2. Both drivers have to be experienced.

Ferrari has neither of the 2 for 2019. I doubt they let LeClerc fight against Seb his first year. Too risky especially against both Mercedes drivers.

Note: Look how long its taken Max to get to where he's at.....3yrs.

Unknown: Max and that Honda engine. If that Honda PU gets close to the level of Ferrari and Mercedes, then it's a 3 way fight....Seb, Lewis & Max. Max and LeClerc will get into some "incidents"..... it will happen.....and Max will not let a rookie in a Ferrari get an inch on him.
    Charles will only be no2 if he is not able to challenge Seb, but I think he will challenge Seb and Ferrari probably expect him too. Massa won races against MS, Lewis won races against Alonso etc etc you can't stop talent from winning races if they have the car.

They don't actually need to race wheel to wheel against each other.....and again your turning Max into something of a legend who will do everything to stop the rookie? your just creating that in your head.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Charles will only be no2 if he is not able to challenge Seb, but I think he will challenge Seb and Ferrari probably expect him too. Massa won races against MS, Lewis won races against Alonso etc etc you can't stop talent from winning races if they have the car.

They don't actually need to race wheel to wheel against each other.....and again your turning Max into something of a legend who will do everything to stop the rookie? your just creating that in your head.
    Oh I agree wholeheartedly that LeClerc is the future and someday he or Ferrari will let him challenge Seb...not in 2019.

"Turning Max into a legend"...... Where in my post did I say "the legend Max" or "legendary Max" ???? You're assuming or inferencing of what I think of Max by that post??? Now you're putting words in my mouth of which I never said. Max fought hard with Seb, Kimi and Lewis since he got into F1, at times making mistakes to himself and other drivers. He will fight LeClerc and I'm sure vice-versa....thats all I'm saying.

Seb just can't take any more risks.

He will have to come to terms with that and instead of driving 1mm from the limit he will have to drive at 10mm

Still a lot of fighting to do, but if the car isn't the fastest it just isn't the fastest and the extra pressure he is putting on himself to make up the difference is making it worse.

He really wanted the win in Singapore, it would have taken off so much pressure going to the gamble start at Sochi

If he can come out of the first few laps in 1st it will be a game changer,,

Now we wait

Oh I agree wholeheartedly that LeClerc is the future and someday he or Ferrari will let him challenge Seb...not in 2019.

"Turning Max into a legend"...... Where in my post did I say "the legend Max" or "legendary Max" ???? You're assuming or inferencing of what I think of Max by that post??? Now you're putting words in my mouth of which I never said. Max fought hard with Seb, Kimi and Lewis since he got into F1, at times making mistakes to himself and other drivers. He will fight LeClerc and I'm sure vice-versa....thats all I'm saying.
    If Charles is quick enough then Ferrari won't be able to stop him challenging Seb, what they gonna do? Please Charles don't get pole today?

Why single out Max as the legend to not give an inch to the rookie as you keep calling him? Will Lewis, Seb and Bottas etc just let him pass without a fight, only Max will be the one to fight? Charles has been in the midfield he has spent lap after lap close racing and not being given an inch I really doubt we need to elevate Max to some kind of major issue to the "rookie".
    Forza Ferrari

I don't see Seb winning wdc at this point, but one small stat that was mentioned before remains in his favour:

Prost was the last driver to win the first two races of a season but lose wdc, that was in 1982.
    Since then, every driver to win the first two has taken the title:

1991, 92,94,96,98
    2000, 01,04,09,11,16

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I don't see Seb winning wdc at this point, but one small stat that was mentioned before remains in his favour:

Prost was the last driver to win the first two races of a season but lose wdc, that was in 1982.

1991, 92,94,96,98
    2000, 01,04,09,11,16
    I’m still hopeful he’ll do it, he is driving the best car on the grid. Magic number is 50, if Hamilton is 2 DNFs ahead with 4-5 races to go, then it’ll be over

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Vettel was behind Lewis. If I could choose between a slipstream from Kimi or from Hamilton in Q3, I would choose Lewis knowing Kimi's Q3 screwup phrone.
    Kimi screw up prone? It's actually way safer to get a guaranteed slip stream from a team mate than an opponent that can abort the lap on purpose anytime besides that Ferrari was till then unofficially running a higher bhp PU than Mercedes and less drag/downforce.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post

1991, 92,94,96,98
    2000, 01,04,09,11,16
    If Lewis takes the gap up to 50 points then it's practically done for. It's like wishing for Seb to win 2 races and Lewis have 2 DNF's to make up that gap. The chances of regaining the lead are very slim at this point already.

I am a tad worried about the Sochi tyre choices as Ferrari seemed to have repeated the Singapore selection. The Hypers are no good for the duration but Sochi seems to be a bit more forgiving on the compound. However this year the Ferrari is similar to Mercedes in wheelbase so we cannot really compare anymore.

Kimi screw up prone? It's actually way safer to get a guaranteed slip stream from a team mate than an opponent that can abort the lap on purpose anytime besides that Ferrari was till then unofficially running a higher bhp PU than Mercedes and less drag/downforce.
    Count the number of times Kimi screw up in Q3 to Lewis screwing in Q3. Are you kidding me?

If we get 1-2 in Sochi, then we still have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Count the number of times Kimi screw up in Q3 to Lewis screwing in Q3. Are you kidding me?
    Why on earth would Kimi screw up a slip stream at Monza where he was being on a par with Vettel? Seriously? I'm sure that everyone wanted to keep Kimi after Monza because of his regular screw ups right?
    besides remind me a bit where did Lewis qualify at Monza: P3, that's right SLOWER than Vettel and Kimi. All Ferrari needed to do was swap their places for the final run and Vettel would have had P1 and avoided the mess that followed on the initial stages of the race on Sunday. Quite simple, but unfortunately they are failing to give him the full back up unlike what Mercedes is doing so openly with Bottas for Lewis.
    Last edited by WRX202; 20th September 2018 at 09:27.

Why on earth would Kimi screw up a slip stream at Monza where he was being on a par with Vettel? Seriously? I'm sure that everyone wanted to keep Kimi after Monza because of his regular screw ups right?
    besides remind me a bit where did Lewis qualify at Monza: P3, that's right SLOWER than Vettel and Kimi. All Ferrari needed to do was swap their places for the final run and Vettel would have had P1 and avoided the mess that followed on the initial stages of the race on Sunday. Quite simple, but unfortunately they are failing to give him the full back up unlike what Mercedes is doing so openly with Bottas for Lewis.
    agree 1000% with this part, should'v gave vettel the pole via slipstream like kimi was given. M.A too busy trying to keep everyone happy and on equal ground this year making sure there are no no.1 and no.2 drivers and its costing possible victories having seb and kimi have to defend and attack one another, where they should'v used kimi the way mercs are destroying the competition for lewy with bottas
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Kimi had messed up Q3 on at least 5 times during this season, running wide, braking too late. The fans even made a video out of them. Have you been watching this season at all?

Oh the memories from Schumacher taking the first Ferrari title in 2000. I am crying right now, and I was a Hakkinen fan back then, but the amount of respect Mika and Michael had was enormous. Just wow.

Would love nothing more than Vettel taking the title for Michael with Ferrari. Sadly its gonna be very hard this year in 2018, but I will not stop believing. Seb please strike back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6aYcxqF6bc

Have faith.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 20th September 2018 at 10:43.

So now Pirelli finally have acknowledged that there's something wrong with their tyres as nursing them is most often the quickest strategy instead of pitting a second time.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...r-singapore-gp

Not counting SC periods and punctures all races this year have seen the one-stopper being the fastest strategy. Seb made two stops in Spain and it didn't help. Both our cars made two stops at Silverstone because we had enough of a gap to Lewis who was forced to making only one stop if he wanted to keep 2nd place. Also we were losing out on the "special tyres" more so than Merc obviously. Kimi was on two-stoppers in Germany and Hungary and it didn't help compared to Lewis. Now Pirelli doesn't know what to do. It's obvious what must be done. The tyres should be so soft that it forces drivers to pit at least twice in a race. Maybe even three times if a SC is deployed. That's the only way to give drivers a chance to push during shorter stints if they know the tyre performance will drop so much that the tyres become undrivable at the end of their life. It's rather pathetic that nursing a tyre is a quicker strategy than pitting because of the time lost in the pitlane. Maybe they should adjust the pitlane speed to 100 km/h? That's at least a few seconds quicker. It's either that or mandatory two stops and having to use all three compounds during the race instead of the two now. Otherwise these processions will continue and the fastest cars will never be given the chance to show their full potential. It's obviously too late this season but maybe in 2019.

Yes, it is not like racing anymore.