Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Singapore GP: Race

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Kimi had messed up Q3 on at least 5 times during this season, running wide, braking too late. The fans even made a video out of them. Have you been watching this season at all?
    Do you even understand qualifying logic? You do know the track improves and drivers fighting for P1 ALWAYS leave their final run for the last moment. It's been like that for more than I remember (20 yrs and counting) since following yes.
    That is why you put your no.1 driver for the last clean run at the very end.

If you have been following this season you would recall that in Monza Lewis was behind Bottas for the final run. So if Lewis is so reliable and obviously Bottas is the "Kimi" of Mercedes why put Lewis behind? Can you grasp that?

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    If we get 1-2 in Sochi, then we still have a chance.
    One big, fat IF there is...!?

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    Do you even understand qualifying logic? You do know the track improves and drivers fighting for P1 ALWAYS leave their final run for the last moment. It's been like that for more than I remember (20 yrs and counting) since following yes.
    That is why you put your no.1 driver for the last clean run at the very end.

If you have been following this season you would recall that in Monza Lewis was behind Bottas for the final run. So if Lewis is so reliable and obviously Bottas is the "Kimi" of Mercedes why put Lewis behind? Can you grasp that?
    Bottas doesnt screw up like Kimi in q3. Seb was behind Lewis, he could have gotten a tow from a his rival and beat him with it. Why follow Kimi who has a track record of messing up in q3 recently?

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    One big fat IF that’s all there is.....
    If the other 3 #’s in my last nights lotto 6/49 draw would have came up I could have been a millionaire, but instead I won $10....

So yeah, last 6 races will be a lottery too for Ferrari and Seb, everything will have to come together ( from Friday’s practice where we set up the car to its best, to Saturday’s quali form, to perfect strategy, to NO rain, to Seb on top of his game....yatta, yatta, yatta....u get my drift) and We have to go for the WIN in every race, and IF we get all 6 wins, it don’t matter what rapper boy does.....maybe he’ll spice up the show with a couple of DNF,s......IF, IF, IF....
    Last edited by FerrariF60; 20th September 2018 at 19:36.
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Bottas doesnt screw up like Kimi in q3. Seb was behind Lewis, he could have gotten a tow from a his rival and beat him with it. Why follow Kimi who has a track record of messing up in q3 recently?
    You have a good point there....but so does WRX202.....for the best lap time you can have in Q3 is to be the last man on track to do your lap as the t ack is at its optimum best with the most rubber on it.....we’ve seen in his from Seb even in his red bull days sometimes only doing a single lap in Q3 where he was the last man on track
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Yes IF, ... then we still have a chance, but IF not, then I do believe that it is Mission Impossible.

You could say that to nearly every post on here? We have a chance still as we still have a very good car capable of winning the remaining races.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    You could say that to nearly every post on here? We have a chance still as we still have a very good car capable of winning the remaining races.
    yeah, but do we have the driver that will deliver?? that is the MILLION DOLLAR question....he seems to $U$# up every other race....if it wasn't for his stupid mistakes he could easily be 40+ points in his favor.....but HOT head that he is....well u know the answer

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yeah, but do we have the driver that will deliver?? that is the MILLION DOLLAR question....he seems to $U$# up every other race....if it wasn't for his stupid mistakes he could easily be 40+ points in his favor.....but HOT head that he is....well u know the answer
    I don't think we even have the fastest car and that's what I'm afraid most. Vettel is capable of delivering if he gets his s*** together, he did it in 2010 and 2012 and he can repeat that performance. IMHO the biggest problems that we are facing in the remaining races are the car development, the pit wall and the pit crew.

And of course... if it rains...

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I don't think we even have the fastest car and that's what I'm afraid most. Vettel is capable of delivering if he gets his s*** together, he did it in 2010 and 2012 and he can repeat that performance. IMHO the biggest problems that we are facing in the remaining races are the car development, the pit wall and the pit crew.

And of course... if it rains...
    Here are the horsepower ratings:

Ferrari has 1032hp

Mercedes 1005

Renault 950

Honda 930hp.....they are bringing a Spec. 3 engine to Sochi for an additional 35hp (Gasly and Hartley to take grid penalties) surpassing Renault.

Certain tracks favor certain cars. The SF71-H is better than the W09 given said tracks. It's really the "human factor" that's "plagueing" its performance when compared to our opponents.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I think the main problem for Ferrari are tires.

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    There just isn't enough colors to choose from. And I think Seb may be color blind!

We have fastest car ever in F1 history.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    There just isn't enough colors to choose from.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Here are the horsepower ratings:

Ferrari has 1032hp

Mercedes 1005

Renault 950

Honda 930hp.....they are bringing a Spec. 3 engine to Sochi for an additional 35hp (Gasly and Hartley to take grid penalties) surpassing Renault.

Certain tracks favor certain cars. The SF71-H is better than the W09 given said tracks. It's really the "human factor" that's "plagueing" its performance when compared to our opponents.
    Where did u get these figures?
    In some EPSN article it quoted Honda at 710, Renault at 730, Merc at 780 and the Ferrari at 795 bhp.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    In some EPSN article it quoted Honda at 710, Renault at 730, Merc at 780 and the Ferrari at 795 bhp.
    Either figures, we have the strongest engine, car seems to be working at every type of track, so no excuses for Seb NOT to aim at anything other then a WIN at the remaining 6 races

people forgetting aero & chassis, othherwise sauber and haas would be fighting for podiums, mercs have the superior aero & chassis giving them big advantage on every corner and tyres
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Those figures from ESPN are......questionable. GPS data???? Then given the track.

The figures I posted are from AMuS.

Besides, I believe the top two teams broke the 1000 barrier horsepower end of last year or beginning of this year....not sure.

I'm worried that our pre-selected tyre allocations leave us quite restricted regarding strategy, there seems to be little running on the softer tyres for reasons only the technical gurus will fully understand, but it leaves little room for manoeuvre if the conditions/tracks throw up something unexpected. I believe we only have 1 set of softs for Sochi.

Merc has trick new wheels and hubs that have solved a lot of their tyre problems as well.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    We have fastest car ever in F1 history.
    Well yeah but we have the slowest and the most incompetent strategy guys ever recorded in f1,their IQ level must be lower that outside air temperature. Its a joke.

Either figures, we have the strongest engine, car seems to be working at every type of track, so no excuses for Seb NOT to aim at anything other then a WIN at the remaining 6 races
    True, Seb and THE TEAM need to bring it home.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    people forgetting aero & chassis, othherwise sauber and haas would be fighting for podiums, mercs have the superior aero & chassis giving them big advantage on every corner and tyres
    I think these next 6 tracks will favor Alfa-Sauber and HAAS.

We have the superior car, track contigent, in every corner due to our double battery harvesting and deployment innovation and the way the SF71-H manages tires throughout the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Well yeah but we have the slowest and the most incompetent strategy guys ever recorded in f1,their IQ level must be lower that outside air temperature. Its a joke.
    Lol.....you'd think they were using an 8 ball !! .

Lol.....you'd think they were using an 8 ball !! .
    Well nearly every race I am screaming at tv how they cant get it right. Even I an amateur, just a viewer is having more knowledge that strategy guys who are paid 1000 of euros. I dont know what were they thinking in Singapur again, didnt they know that track position is king here, and its nearly impossible to pass. If I was Ferrari I would have just cover Hamilton in that race, so when Hamilton would pit, Vettel should pit, and we would be second easy. Kimi should just cover Verstappen, and go into pits earlier that he was, the let him out for to long, it was a joke that they put soft tyres on Kimis car, who was out longer, so they get the harder tyre and Seb US(the softer compound), and he was in before. It would be logic to put Seb the softs and Kimi US. I just dont believe it.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 21st September 2018 at 18:44.

True, Seb and THE TEAM need to bring it home.

I think these next 6 tracks will favor Alfa-Sauber and HAAS.

We have the superior car, track contigent, in every corner due to our double battery harvesting and deployment innovation and the way the SF71-H manages tires throughout the season.
    i would have to disagree with you on this one; ever since the merc has fixed their tire issues (with different rim design and whateve else they did) we've seem to have worse tire deg then they do....Monza and singapore for example....they were WAY better then we were

even though our car seems to work on every type of track.....i wouldn't go as far as saying that we have an advantage....they Merc won't be standing still, they will also keep pushing wiht development just like Ferrari does, question is who's gonna do the BETTER JOB???

i would have to disagree with you on this one; ever since the merc has fixed their tire issues (with different rim design and whateve else they did) we've seem to have worse tire deg then they do....Monza and singapore for example....they were WAY better then we were

even though our car seems to work on every type of track.....i wouldn't go as far as saying that we have an advantage....they Merc won't be standing still, they will also keep pushing wiht development just like Ferrari does, question is who's gonna do the BETTER JOB???
    Agreed to a point. Mercedes came up with this rim development like 2 races ago; copying RedBulls "spline" design rim that RedBull have been using for over 2 yrs. Mercedes took it to another level. But even then, all 3 teams have experienced some form of tyre deg. Mercedes have always had issues with the softer "stickier" compounds until 2 races ago. The SF71-H was dialed in since day one; along with developments as well. These next 6 tracks will suit the SF71-H and it's tire deg. very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Well nearly every race I am screaming at tv how they cant get it right. Even I an amateur, just a viewer is having more knowledge that strategy guys who are paid 1000 of euros. I dont know what were they thinking in Singapur again, didnt they know that track position is king here, and its nearly impossible to pass. If I was Ferrari I would have just cover Hamilton in that race, so when Hamilton would pit, Vettel should pit, and we would be second easy. Kimi should just cover Verstappen, and go into pits earlier that he was, the let him out for to long, it was a joke that they put soft tyres on Kimis car, who was out longer, so they get the harder tyre and Seb US(the softer compound), and he was in before. It would be logic to put Seb the softs and Kimi US. I just dont believe it.
    Yep, on street tracks like Monaco and Singapore, knowing full well you have the superior car.....just cover or hover your opponent when they pit stop.....even under a SC/VSC.

Had that been a power track and the pit wall pitted Seb that early, no way Seb would have managed his tires the way he did in Singapore. I'll give him cedit for that, among the mountain of pressure that is on his back and carrying the team as well, he manages the tires very very well.

One more thing that was evident and I'm not knocking on Italians but it we need to hire people from the outside. I honestly believe Ferrari's approach is that the drivers "will win" it for us. Once Ferrari's drivers are out in front they either make a mistake or it's the pit wall making the mistake now that the car IS NOT making mistakes.

That's the way it was under the Schumi days with the best people from all nationalities.

Singapore: remember when one of Vettels engineers came over the radio and told Seb that Lewis was having issues with his tires within 10 or so laps in the race and Seb countered the engineer saying something to the effect of " I don't think he is having issues with his tires." That's Seb driving in Singapore knowing more than these guys behind pit wall !!!! Amazing.

Kimi had a moment with his engineers during quali about not having the right tires. Again, the driver knowing more than the engineers who have gigabytes of info being fed livestream into their laptop. You could'nt do that with a rookie driver in both instances.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 21st September 2018 at 20:08.

Singapore: remember when one of Vettels engineers came over the radio and told Seb that Lewis was having issues with his tires within 10 or so laps in the race and Seb countered the engineer saying something to the effect of " I don't think he is having issues with his tires." That's Seb driving in Singapore knowing more than these guys behind pit wall!!!! Amazing.
    How would a guy on the pitwall be able to see how Lewis tyres looked? the driver behind is ALWAYS going to see that before someone on the pitwall. And the pitwall never said that either, they told Seb that Lewis was on the radio saying about his tyres not having a lot left (they misheard) and the pitwall agreed with Seb anyway when he said he does not believe that, seems like you have made something up there just to have a go at the team.....

Do you think the pitwall has some magical powers that they can see the tyres of other cars and how they are sliding or not round corners? they see about as much as you and me watching on TV.....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    How would a guy on the pitwall be able to see how Lewis tyres looked? the driver behind is ALWAYS going to see that before someone on the pitwall. And the pitwall never said that either, they told Seb that Lewis was on the radio saying about his tyres not having a lot left (they misheard) and the pitwall agreed with Seb anyway when he said he does not believe that, seems like you have made something up there just to have a go at the team.....

Do you think the pitwall has some magical powers that they can see the tyres of other cars and how they are sliding or not round corners? they see about as much as you and me watching on TV.....
    So Lewis never came on the radio saying "he was having issues with his tires" or "he did'nt have alot left in his tires"......kinda the same thing really !!!!

Again, Seb made the call

And Noooooooo, I did'nt make this up because it actually happened. What are you not understanding. Oh, thats right, the pit wall misheard Lewis and Seb said otherwise so the pit wall agreed......same thing what I said in my earlier post. You take it your way how ever you like. We're both saying the same thing.