Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6171819202122232425262728293031

Thread: 2018 Singapore GP: Race

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    So Lewis never came on the radio saying "he was having issues with his tires" or "he did'nt have alot left in his tires"......kinda the same thing really !!!!

Again, Seb made the call

And Noooooooo, I did'nt make this up because it actually happened. What are you not understanding. Oh, thats right, the pit wall misheard Lewis and Seb said otherwise so the pit wall agreed......same thing what I said in my earlier post. You take it your way how ever you like. We're both saying the same thing.
    Yeah. I can forgive mishearing, as dumb as it is, but common sense dictates that Hamilton's tires wouldn't be going off after six parade laps and like four regular laps, plus they have the lap times to compare! And yet they called Vettel in anyway, and couldn't even get the timing right since he was stuck behind the pink car. Instead of being on their back foot and covering Hamilton, why didn't they just follow their own strategy of whatever they thought would be the fastest tire combination? Ferrari has a fast car and blatantly does not know how to use it.

Disappointed Since 2010

So Lewis never came on the radio saying "he was having issues with his tires" or "he did'nt have alot left in his tires"......kinda the same thing really !!!!

Again, Seb made the call

And Noooooooo, I did'nt make this up because it actually happened. What are you not understanding. Oh, thats right, the pit wall misheard Lewis and Seb said otherwise so the pit wall agreed......same thing what I said in my earlier post. You take it your way how ever you like. We're both saying the same thing.
    Lewis said he had a lot of life left in his tyres, pitwall thought he said not a lot left, Seb disagreed that Lewis had not a lot left and pitwall agreed, so they misheard but they did not believe what they thought Lewis said so not sure what you are on about? You are saying the pitwall should know more about the tyres than the guy driving behind him watching him??? come off it what on earth makes you think that. Every driver will notice more about the car in front than the pitwall, they don't have magic eyes that can follow cars around the track, they sit on the pitwall and see the FOM feed like you do.....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Lewis said he had a lot of life left in his tyres, pitwall thought he said not a lot left, Seb disagreed that Lewis had not a lot left and pitwall agreed, so they misheard but they did not believe what they thought Lewis said so not sure what you are on about? You are saying the pitwall should know more about the tyres than the guy driving behind him watching him??? come off it what on earth makes you think that. Every driver will notice more about the car in front than the pitwall, they don't have magic eyes that can follow cars around the track, they sit on the pitwall and see the FOM feed like you do.....
    Ermmmm yeah, the pitwall have telemetry to all drivers. They should know when the lead drivers time is dropping. Even us "armchair" fanatics know that but don't have access to it; especially in the first 10 laps. Then Lewis all of a sudden turned it up like in lap 12 or so.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Yeah. I can forgive mishearing, as dumb as it is, but common sense dictates that Hamilton's tires wouldn't be going off after six parade laps and like four regular laps, plus they have the lap times to compare! And yet they called Vettel in anyway, and couldn't even get the timing right since he was stuck behind the pink car. Instead of being on their back foot and covering Hamilton, why didn't they just follow their own strategy of whatever they thought would be the fastest tire combination? Ferrari has a fast car and blatantly does not know how to use it.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    If memory serves, they responded to Vettel with "understood," and he pitted shortly thereafter. It came off as them disregarding what he thought and making him pit anyway.

Disappointed Since 2010

If memory serves, they responded to Vettel with "understood," and he pitted shortly thereafter. It came off as them disregarding what he thought and making him pit anyway.
    Yep, that's the way I saw it in my eyes. They still pitted him way too early all the while "ignoring" his "observation."

Ermmmm yeah, the pitwall have telemetry to all drivers. They should know when the lead drivers time is dropping. Even us "armchair" fanatics know that but don't have access to it; especially in the first 10 laps. Then Lewis all of a sudden turned it up like in lap 12 or so.
    Yeah Merc give Ferrari their telemetry to look at, off course The pitwall did not say his times were dropping or believe his tyres were going so again not sure what you are on about. And we do have access to live timing and can see times dropping.
    Forza Ferrari

No Vettel said "he is lying" and the pitwall said I agree. Seems it's not just the pitwall that mis heard
    Forza Ferrari