Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Singapore GP: Race

I have serious doubts about 'Red Sebastian' project. He is making too many mistakes. The team has made some silly errors but so has Mercedes, the difference is due to Vettel. Baku, France, Germany, Italy it's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by farid-baku View Post
    I think Ferrari must win for Sergio M he did everyrhink for team to win.
    Yeah and noe THE team is letting him down....how ironic
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    I have serious doubts about 'Red Sebastian' project. He is making too many mistakes. The team has made some silly errors but so has Mercedes, the difference is due to Vettel. Baku, France, Germany, Italy it's too much.
    Could not have said it any better myself mate....spot ON
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I agree. I think he would have won all 4 races. So, thats 100 points, but it would have been a huge point shift. Even if he could win in Germany, it wold have been a 32 point shift in the other direction if Vettel had won, so with all those bad mistakes, he would only have been 8 points behind now. That Germany error cost him badly, it was an amateur error. He is just not good enough, I am sorry, but just not good enough. Alonso would have won all those races. Vettel is not good enough, way too many mistakes, just sad, sad but true. He had the fastest car for much of the season and he cannot win. He threw away so many points.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    There weren't that many mistakes from Seb. I say it is a normal amount, but Lewis is having the season of his life.
    Baku - attacked leader Bottas, came out fifth.
    France - clumsily hit Bottas and dropped from third to fifth, lucky to escape with 5s penalty.
    Germany - crashed out of the lead.
    Italy - spun out while battling for second, finished fourth.

This is quite a lot. The car was roughly as fast as Mercedes, one mechanical failure less, strategy-wise both Merc and Ferrari made mistakes (remember Australia, China and Austria when Hamilton lost out as well as an unsuccessful gamble for Bottas in Britain).

Alonso wasn't flawless in 2010 either but after his crash in Spa he was usually both very fast and virtually driving mistake-free. While it was a one-off in his debut season, for Vettel it is a constant theme, present in Red Bull years as well:
    2009 - crashed into Kubica in Australia, spun out in Malaysia, crashed out in Monaco, ran wide from lead in Turkey, speeding in the pit lane in Singapore.
    2010 - crashed into Webber in Turkey, failed to stay 10 car lengths in Hungary, crashed into Button in Belgium.
    2012 - speeding under yellow in Spain, overtook off track in Germany, pushed Alonso off road in Italy, great comeback drives in AB and Brazil nearly didn't materialise due to aggressive moves on Senna.

In 2011, 2013 or 2015, when no real pressure was there, he was fine, but when the tension comes he struggles.

Baku - attacked leader Bottas, came out fifth.
    France - clumsily hit Bottas and dropped from third to fifth, lucky to escape with 5s penalty.
    Germany - crashed out of the lead.
    Italy - spun out while battling for second, finished fourth.

This is quite a lot. The car was roughly as fast as Mercedes, one mechanical failure less, strategy-wise both Merc and Ferrari made mistakes (remember Australia, China and Austria when Hamilton lost out as well as an unsuccessful gamble for Bottas in Britain).

Alonso wasn't flawless in 2010 either but after his crash in Spa he was usually both very fast and virtually driving mistake-free. While it was a one-off in his debut season, for Vettel it is a constant theme, present in Red Bull years as well:
    2009 - crashed into Kubica in Australia, spun out in Malaysia, crashed out in Monaco, ran wide from lead in Turkey, speeding in the pit lane in Singapore.
    2010 - crashed into Webber in Turkey, failed to stay 10 car lengths in Hungary, crashed into Button in Belgium.
    2012 - speeding under yellow in Spain, overtook off track in Germany, pushed Alonso off road in Italy, great comeback drives in AB and Brazil nearly didn't materialise due to aggressive moves on Senna.

In 2011, 2013 or 2015, when no real pressure was there, he was fine, but when the tension comes he struggles.
    Mister Lewis lost the WDC because of his own mistakes also in 2007, 2010 and maybe also 2012.... Nobody is perfect..

No mather what, I will never stop believing in Seb and the team!! We have to be there as fans in dark or good days. Glory hunter fans are the worst, they come and go.

There are a lot of points left, but at this rate, both championships will be won by Mercedes. Plenty of blame to share among the entire team. Everyone had to hit the ground running after the break, but that just didn’t happen. Regardless, I still plan on watching until the last checkered flag, even if Ferrari and Vettel are mathematically out of the hunt.

On a side note, I really hope Ferrari management scrutenizes its strategists. I can accept racing incidents, but our strategies have been terrible many times this season.

Disappointed Since 2010

Hamilton's pole lap 1 36s....that's when I realized the championship was lost. Their car is heaps ahead of ours. Let's not kid ourselves any more.

Even IF, and that's a tall IF, Vettel were to win the remaining 6 races and Hamilton came in 2nd place Vettel would win the WDC title by 2pts.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    Hamilton's pole lap 1 36s....that's when I realized the championship was lost. Their car is heaps ahead of ours. Let's not kid ourselves any more.
    Certain tracks favour certain cars. We got the setup all wrong for Singapore. Max would have beaten Lewis on this track during quali. The RB14 favors street tracks like this for quali....just like Monaco.

The SF71-H is the best all around car for most of the tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    And Seb's car is heaps ahead of Max's R Bull car, yet he gets it done . Giallo, you are right, strategy needs fixing, especially when our new boy Charles shows up! Vincero Ferrari !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    Hardly. The bulk of points loss come from Vettel's crashing.
    Don't forget China, Seb 1st and got undercutted by Bottas. In the end the SC potentially cost us as did Max spinning Seb. I still see this race win that went begging.

Baku same story, Seb comfortable in the lead. I was shouting at the tv for Seb to stay out and not to pit as he had no reason to pit as his lap times were good and LH was not making an impression on newer tyres, it was obvious Merc were going long hoping for a SC and that is what happened. Another race went begging, then add Germany, Italy etc and alot of points given away.

Seb is making mistakes because he is over compensating as the team are not operatinally sharp,as well as making them himself. Hamilton gets in the car and drives as fast as he can as someone else is worrying about strategy etc. I'm sure Seb does not have the same faith with the team he has around him.
    Last edited by mizf1; 16th September 2018 at 22:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    There are a lot of points left, but at this rate, both championships will be won by Mercedes. Plenty of blame to share among the entire team. Everyone had to hit the ground running after the break, but that just didn’t happen. Regardless, I still plan on watching until the last checkered flag, even if Ferrari and Vettel are mathematically out of the hunt.

On a side note, I really hope Ferrari management scrutenizes its strategists. I can accept racing incidents, but our strategies have been terrible many times this season.
    Yes, pitwall is making way too many mistakes with their calls and there is no way you can win a championship with the current strategists.
    Red is the only color!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Don't forget China, Seb 1st and got undercutted by Bottas. In the end the SC potentially cost us as did Max. I still see this race win that went begging.

Baku same story, seb comfortable in the lead. I was shouting at the tv not to pit as he had no reason to pt as his lap times were good and LH was not making an impression on mewer tyres, it was obvious Merc were going long hoping for a SC and that is what happened. Another race went begging, then add Germany, Italy etc and alot of points given away.

Seb is making mistakes because he is over compensating as the team are not operatinally sharp. Hamilton gets in the car and drives as fast as he can as someone else is worrying about strategy etc. I'm sure Seb does not have the same faith
    How bout the grid penalty with Sainz at the Austrian GP???

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    How bout the grid penalty with Sainz at the Austrian GP???
    Yep forgot about that - Again the team and Seb to blame. The team for not informing him Sainz was on a hot lap and also Seb for not using his mirrors. However I would give more blame to the team as drivers rely on their engineers

In my opinion, Vettel is not as good a driver as Hamilton or Alonso and the one of German weakness is performance under pressure when he fights for the championship and does not have a clearly superior car. The good news is he is historically very good after Singapore.

By the way, Hamilton got a favourable run with the stewards in 2007, especially safety car incident in Japan looked bad. Ironically that put Vettel and Webber out of the race and Kimi did gain two places that made crucial difference at the end!

Also, virtually all people complain about Spa 2008 as unfair penalty because he relinquished the place but 1) he still got an advantage because he immediately surprised Kimi and 2) no one talks about weaving four or five times on the Kemmel straight. Other penalties that year were deserved as well and pushing Glock off track at Monza was on the limit too.

Sebastian Vettel:
    Russia, I think, has been getting better the last years for us, so it should suit our car as well. I don’t think we have any tracks to fear that are coming. I think our car is working pretty much everywhere and that’s a strength of our car, so no need to be afraid of what’s coming.

Seb lost roughly 40 points by driver error this year. The problem is not that amount, which is somewhat reasonable in a season, the problem is that Lewis hasn't lost. He is having a great season until now. Still 150 points up for grabs and Seb can still win it or Hamilton can still lose it.

Seb lost roughly 40 points by driver error this year. The problem is not that amount, which is somewhat reasonable in a season, the problem is that Lewis hasn't lost. He is having a great season until now. Still 150 points up for grabs and Seb can still win it or Hamilton can still lose it.
    i know you're kind of right with what you're saying, but the probablity of Ham losing are less likely given the 40 pts adv he has; NOT saying is not possible but that is just hard with the amount of LUCK he's been having.....

on the other hand, seb has to fight and win all the remaining races so he's got a lot of pressure on his shoulders, not like he's not under a lot of it already...and maybe with some luck, Merc will mess up something for Lewis, a DNF and maybe couple of weekends off at the office for him will do it best

Did you watch the post-race press conference? Sebs face, demeanour and voice spoke volumes. He is defeated, he knows it. He looked broken, I have never seen him like that during his time with Ferrari. Very worrisome.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Did you watch the post-race press conference? Sebs face, demeanour and voice spoke volumes. He is defeated, he knows it. He looked broken, I have never seen him like that during his time with Ferrari. Very worrisome.
    i jsut saw the post race conf....and seb looks demoralized big time....and like you said, i think he's accepted defeat already.....deep down he knows Lewis is a MEGA driver and if Merc don't have any hickups, he;ll cruise to his 5th WDC

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    100% agree with everything about vettel and ferrari messing it up. Good article
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Dont see baku the same way people on here see it. Lol he made a dive for the lead when he had a chance. Tyres locked up. Would you rather he be a pensioner and sit and hold position like 99% of the grid.

Germany was his fault.

Ferrari messed him up plenty times. Plus he does not have the luxury of a butler like lewy.

Hope binotto turns to 2019 i really do. Can get a better jumpstart if we start early. Get new strategy team with some calculators and maybe redesign ferrari's development philosphy after summer break
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

I remember there were rumors of binotto & M.A having different philosophies when it comes to the team and even people thinking binotto might get promoted to replace M.A by the Legendary Sergio.

Clearly M.A's team of strategists and philosophies of being gentleman and not working together by enforcing team orders has been a failure. Sadly i dont think the new CEO cares much so M.A will continue to use these somber ideals and lackluster brain teams next year too.

Personally hoping Binotto gets more power over the ferrari team or M.A gets a wake up call to reality that mercedes arent there to play nice or give charity on track

Half Seb's worried face is about 2019 now that Leclerc will be his team mate. Does he have to earn #1 spot for next year or is it in the contract?

Totaly agree
    Hope binotto turns to 2019 i really do.
    This is a team sport not one individual.
    Ferrari's to lose.

Hey, where are you guys watching this? Can you share a link please.
    They have stopped showing the post race conf in the TV telecast here.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I really hope Ferrari management scrutenizes its strategists. I can accept racing incidents, but our strategies have been terrible many times this season.
    After the Brawn & Todt era, this has been our achilles heel hasnt it? Earlier SD used to get blamed for it. Now its someone else. But the problem remains.
    Maybe they can get Brawn to give a quick 1 week crash course in strategy.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    I need to have Ferrari handling the coffin at my funeral ...then they can let me down, one more time.
    lol.. team bashing, but funny nonetheless.
    Silently, like a shadow