Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Singapore GP: Race

I was wrong about almost everything this weekend except for the tyres in general being too hard. Time to go and stand in the corner in shame.

Its just heart-breaking to let another season go bcz of the drivers' and pit wall crew's incapability.
    Thanks for breaking my heart again guys, though it wont stop me from hoping for next year.
    Maybe I will even have a tattoo on my arm with the prancing horse and a text: NEXT YEAR.
    Kudos to Mercedes and Lewis, they proved yet again why they are the team to beat and we proved yet again why we are not worthy of being crowned champions. Leclerc seems to be the only hope left.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yeah, the Merc's achilies heel was singapore in the past......adn this year after hard work they seem to have fixed that and BLEW us away in quali and race.....end of story
    in spa they proved they were quicker in slower sections and with the monza updates they were doing 0.4 quicker in s2 alone here
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    That they have not had a better car than us since the summer break, we are handing them wins. They had a better car here so feel free to over react.
    100% agree

Only Lewis DNF can give vettel back into the WDC title

Hamilton drove like a champion, all season, all season

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Only Lewis DNF can give vettel back into the WDC title
    1 wont do it. 2 would be the minimum, and we would need 7 solid races of coming in 1st.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I really don't like the guy, but he can drive and he doesn't make silly mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    This will probably be his most deserved title if he wins it, he has driven very well all season and tool full advantage of any mistakes we make.
    Forza Ferrari

Maybe next year then eh? :p
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Rather dull race - I even went to do some work in the middle of it. Off to the next race.

Must give it to Mercedes ie. they do not seem to give up but make corrections and bounce back.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    1 wont do it. 2 would be the minimum, and we would need 7 solid races of coming in 1st.
    What are the chances for that?

Spec3 is not a massive step from ferrari like spec2. Lost some advantage.
    With driver mistakes + pit wall mistakes shows team is not ready for championships.

2019, ferrari technical chief need to pull out something spectacular innovation to get the title.

This will probably be his most deserved title if he wins it, he has driven very well all season and tool full advantage of any mistakes we make.
    Fully agree

Very true ..he has been the difference .. look at the difference between him and Bot , it's not the team it's the driver who is making the difference there ..

Today Merc were just outright faster than us.
    I hope it's just this track and we've not lost the development race, but I guess we'll see.

That said, I think we could have taken P2 with a different strategy. Vettel lost the spot to Max due to being stuck behind FI, and then the US was wrong tires too.
    Maybe a little later stop, with SS tires could have saved our P2, but this is all in hindsight of course.

sad to say it, you're right.....good head on his shoulders (unlike the hot headed #5 driver), as well as Merc working really hard to make it happen.....us for Ferrari....well, we seem to fall apart in the second part of the year.....YEAR OVER YEAR
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

4 wins in the last 5 races for Lewis and going from 8 points clear to 40 points behind that race well and truly put the final nail in Seb's championship hopes

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Spec3 is not a massive step from ferrari like spec2. Lost some advantage.
    With driver mistakes + pit wall mistakes shows team is not ready for championships.

2019, ferrari technical chief need to pull out something spectacular innovation to get the title.
    and hire new strategist!

Car was pretty good in S1, good in S3 but terrible in S2. I don't know what happened to our pace tbh. Until FP3, SF71-H was the fastest car here.

We got beat yet again. Well done to our rivals. Second tier car, second tier drivers, second tier team. We should be content finishing second in the championship however I’m not. Awful race.

Quote Originally Posted by karthikn.1011 View Post
    Very true ..he has been the difference .. look at the difference between him and Bot , it's not the team it's the driver who is making the difference there ..
    Disagree...partially. It's Hamilton and THE TEAM.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

great drive by seb, really feel for him, threw away chance to win by pitwall ,nobody else even made real attempts to pass the entire race, yuck
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

+1
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    and hire new strategist!
    people saying it is Inaki Rueda that is causing the strategy blunders in races and quali

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    Today was the last nail in the coffin, 40 points, great car, great reliability, and Hamilton driving like a champion. Sorry guys, maybe next year.
    Won't happen next year either. Mercedes won't forget how to win and Ferrari has been unable to figure it out for over a decade. Maybe 2021. Maybe.

Singapore, hungary, Monaco were our tracks...!! We lost all our wins this year on these tracks.
    I’m disappointed with this stuff, atleast last year those spark plug issue & other small issues would make sense that we lost title.

But this year, it gives more pain with fastest car we are unable to deliver final punch.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    That's his pace nowadays. Bottas is slow recently
    Singapore is circuit for these cars. He lost at least half a minute, because he couldn't get close enough to pass Hulkenberg with blue flags.

Force India with fresh tires were probably 4 to 5 seconds faster than Williams with old tires. Yet Perez couldn't pass Sirotkin. It was very entertaining though.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Team is fully behind him yes but I think he is making the difference between 1 and 2 ..

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Team is around him literally.