Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Russian GP: Practices & Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yes... kimi back to ferrari & Leclerc to Sauber
    GIO and LEC, can they change seats?

hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

mercs do race sims in fp1 now, alternate tyres in fp2
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    What if GIO is faster than LEC 2019, can they change seats?

One FP session and your bring this up lol

Quote Originally Posted by aquaria View Post
    One FP session and your bring this up lol
    Yes, he looks like much faster than Leclerc. 0.4 sec here, first time in car, I would say that is massive surprise, and he was fast in tests.

FP2

Looks like softs will be the best race tyre, pace is much better than expected and lasts much longer,, should beable to do 1 pitstop till the end easy, HS - Softs, Seb got one soft i think...? so no tests or running on it until the race. aw well im sure pitwall knows what they doing

Yes, he looks like much faster than Leclerc. 0.4 sec here, first time in car, I would say that is massive surprise, and he was fast in tests.

I think FPs are the last place where you should judge driver's skills against another driver mate.

Leclerc signed for four seasons and has much better racing credentials than Giovinazzi, at a younger age than him as well.

To think that Ferrari will replace him if he potentially has a slower start to the season, in his first year with the team, it's quite silly way of thinking, to put it that way.

Mercs were really close to Vettel's time on 2 step harder compound

just before practice 2 and I found this guy on my floor at work
    20180928_124238.jpg

I think FPs are the last place where you should judge driver's skills against another driver mate.

Leclerc signed for four seasons and has much better racing credentials than Giovinazzi, at a younger age than him as well.

To think that Ferrari will replace him if he potentially has a slower start to the season, in his first year with the team, it's quite silly way of thinking, to put it that way.
    I agree. A much better litmus test would be for Sauber to replace Ericsson now and see how Giovinazzi does against Leclerc for the remainder of the season.

Also, Leclerc has a four-year contract with Ferrari. The team has put their eggs in that basket for a fairly long period of time.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    20180928_124238.jpg

lol cool , howcome?

20180928_124238.jpg

Palmer showed up at your office???

Disappointed Since 2010

I know that every one expects Charles to be our savior, but TBH, I have not seen anything from him yet, and I had a high exceptions from him, when he came to F1, but seeing him to struggle beat Ericsson, I really have no exceptions anymore. I do believe that he is not so good.

seeing him to struggle beat Ericsson,
    Struggle to beat Ericsson? What?

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I agree. A much better litmus test would be for Sauber to replace Ericsson now and see how Giovinazzi does against Leclerc for the remainder of the season.

Also, Leclerc has a four-year contract with Ferrari. The team has put their eggs in that basket for a fairly long period of time.
    imo Leclerc and Seb are the dream team , so i cant wait. Leclerc has plenty time at Ferrari i wouldnt mind if he actually supports Seb until he gets everything sorted out and they both help each other towards both Championships, eventually Leclerc becoming WDC with Ferrari

wouldnt look into this too much. Ferrari knows the strengths from both, and picked Charles.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Yes, that is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    wouldnt look into this too much. Ferrari knows the strengths from both, and picked Charles.
    This.

Disappointed Since 2010

Struggle to beat Ericsson? What?
    Yes, without that Baku, 6 DNF ahead him, points would be 7-6

yep... he does commentary from our offices...
    he's here almost every race weekend...
    I just haven't been able to catch him in the passage to get the photo opp...
    ps... my daughter has ordered it, and I quote, " there aren't that many good looking F1 drivers... please take a selfie with him...he's good looking!"

yep... he does commentary from our offices...
    he's here almost every race weekend...
    I just haven't been able to catch him in the passage to get the photo opp...
    ps... my daughter has ordered it, and I quote, " there aren't that many good looking F1 drivers... please take a selfie with him...he's good looking!"
    he looks extremely tall, is it just the angle?

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    he looks extremely tall, is it just the angle?
    the angle, he's about 6"
    I'm 5"7

Raikkonen 1:35.4 on softs. 34.3 in S1, 33.0 in S2 and 28.0 in S3.

Mercs extremely quick on harder tyres than the rest, less than one tenth on the Ultras compared to the rest on hypers

the angle, he's about 6"
    I'm 5"7
    cool, glad he was nice enough to take a selfie with you

Yes, without that Baku, 6 DNF ahead him, points would be 7-6
    So now we're arbitrarily taking points away from Leclerc to prove that he is struggling?

Can we take some points away from Hamilton in '08 and Vettel in '12 so Alonso and Massa can be the respective champions of those seasons, while we are at it?

Disappointed Since 2010

btw... the BBC radio5 live commentary is the radio commentary I'm talking about.

So now we're arbitrarily taking points away from Leclerc to prove that he is struggling?

Can we take some points away from Hamilton in '08 and Vettel in '12 so Alonso and Massa can be the respective champions of those seasons, while we are at it?
    Come on now, it is 15 races and he got 8 points in one race because there were 6 DNF.

And I agree with your daughter!

Too bad his racing skills don't match his looks tho

And I agree with your daughter!

Too bad his racing skills don't match his looks tho
    I hear you... but won't quote you to him.... I did comment that I am glad he's not as biased as Croft is towards Ferrari... his reply " I Try "