Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Russian GP: Practices & Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    I hear you... but won't quote you to him.... I did comment that I am glad he's not as biased as Croft is towards Ferrari... his reply " I Try "
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by aquaria View Post
    And I agree with your daughter!

Too bad his racing skills don't match his looks tho
    Hes good driver. Think he over drove to try to make up for the cars short comings, plus he had some made luck with DNFs.

Should look at sportscars. Be good to have him in WEC or ELMS.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Looks like a merc one two to me. Meaning something's going to go wrong
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Bottas slower than Verstappen in S3. But faster in S1 and S2.

damn bottas even quicker mercs on hypers now i believe, ham going to smash the fastest easy here
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Hes good driver. Think he over drove to try to make up for the cars short comings, plus he had some made luck with DNFs.

Should look at sportscars. Be good to have him in WEC or ELMS.
    Wasn't really paying attention in details tbh, but I know he was heavily criticized in his last season due to being outperformed by Hulk https://i.imgur.com/8vQwoU4.png

I like him as a guy really, but I think he underperformed a bit in F1. Or he just couldn't cope with the pressure.

I know that he had good results in some other series tho.

So..Hamilton fastest in S1 (33.9), Bottas in S2 (32.0) and Verstappen in S3 (26.9)

mercs 1 - 2 at the moment, they without a doubt have no issues on hyper tyres anymore, seb about 4ths slower.

I feel they are so confident on the softest tyres, they dont even need a lot to test, they got them in the working window out of the box.

Seb is 4ths slower in sector 1 to mercs, sky said tyres might not be ready
    Last edited by mwk360; 28th September 2018 at 12:54.

Not looking very bright at the moment, but I'll reserve my judgment until FP3 at least

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    mercs 1 - 2 at the moment, they without a doubt have no issues on soft tyres anymore, seb about 4ths slower.

I feel they are so confident on the softest tyres, they dont even need a lot to test, they got them in the working window out of the box.

Seb is 4ths slower in sector 1 to mercs, sky said tyres might not be ready
    Vettel didn't go faster in S1 on hyper's but he matched Hamilton in S2 and 3.

ham goes even quicker. kimi 1s slower, seb 0.5s slower

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Vettel didn't go faster in S1 on hyper's but he matched Hamilton in S2 and 3.
    thats kinda good, maybe he has to run more downforce to cope in S2 and S3

Ted said hardly any graining and tyres look in great shape for hamilton after setting two fastest laps on them (Hypers)

Seb's last lap: 1:33.937. 34.289 in S1, 32.193 in S2 (personal best) and 27.455 in S3.

Leclerc still struggling to get a good setup

wow we are slow AF

Ferrari finish there Quali runs in P5 and P6 behind mercs P1 - P2 and RB P3 - P4

Somehow mercs solved their soft tyre issues. On the other side ferrari not able to do longer laps on HS tyre.
    They r lasting for only 1lap on ferrari, but with mercs ham did FL on 6th lap

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Somehow mercs solved their soft tyre issues. On the other side ferrari not able to do longer laps on HS tyre.
    They r lasting for only 1lap on ferrari, but with mercs ham did FL on 6th lap
    yup!

Kimi a full second slower than Ham right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Kimi a full second slower than Ham right now.
    he has been struggling since the start of fp1, i wonder if the new updates failed, i think he was running them, not 100% sure though

Blisters showing on the Ferrari.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

lol we going to need a new sim driver to help the team for Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Blisters showing on the Ferrari.
    damnit

Not looking good at the moment, let's see if they can turn it around.

Vettel on 9 laps older hyper softs.

Vettel's first race-sim lap 1:39.154

yikes spin for seb during race sim, change of tyres now, looks like the car isnt so good here, kimi struggling for pace too

Raikkonen hopelessly slow in S1 and 3. I don't know what is going on with his pace.

we must keep calm with our feet on the ground. Head down, keep working.